OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to deal with belts that stain~?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How to deal with belts that stain~? Empty How to deal with belts that stain~? Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:53 am

crispyorange

crispyorange
So, I've read the many methods of dealing with clothe that stains...but, today I'm having this new problem of a belt piece that stains like CRAZY~ If you swipe it through a tissue, it stains like black charcoal~!

I don't suppose it's a good idea to wash the belt, right?
I'm not sure if it's leather or what material...it looks like a leather belt...but it seems to be severely dyed~
Anyone encountered this issue before~? Crying or Very sad

2How to deal with belts that stain~? Empty Re: How to deal with belts that stain~? Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:49 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I don't know the context of the accessory in question, but if it were me, I'd probably just replace the 'leather' part of the belt entirely. I'd find some either real leather or faux leather that doesn't stain and just completely replace it.

But if you really want to to keep it as-is, I'd probably have to see a pic before being able to advise what kind of 'treatment' might help...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

3How to deal with belts that stain~? Empty Re: How to deal with belts that stain~? Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:44 pm

crispyorange

crispyorange
Here's the thing I'm talking about~
How to deal with belts that stain~? Img_9515

Here's after wiping it with a tissue~
How to deal with belts that stain~? Img_9514

I notice it was staining when I was measuring if it would fit on a figure and realized it was staining my figure's body, was kinda surprise cuz I never encountered this with accessories.

4How to deal with belts that stain~? Empty Re: How to deal with belts that stain~? Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:30 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Believe it or not, I’ve actually washed the belts just like the clothes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

How to deal with belts that stain~? 1f10

5How to deal with belts that stain~? Empty Re: How to deal with belts that stain~? Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:06 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I guess it can't hurt to try Stryker's washing/rinsing method.

One way I deal with faux leather is to 'seal' it via painting it. But that requires some experimentation because I generally try to check to see if the material in question needs fabric medium mixed in the paint or if I can get away with just painting it with acrylic model paints directly. Not advising it in this case, but just mentioning as a possibility for other situations.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6How to deal with belts that stain~? Empty Re: How to deal with belts that stain~? Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:28 pm

crispyorange

crispyorange
Stryker2012 wrote:Believe it or not, I’ve actually washed the belts just like the clothes.

How was the result~?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum