OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) (4 skin tone options)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) Dark Wheat Skin
From Jiaou
Code: JO-K10A-BS01

Bodybuilding muscular male body with detachable legs

-28 Points Of Articulations

*Head sculpture not included

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) (4 skin tone options) 22102011
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) (4 skin tone options) 22102010

1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) Dark Skin
From Jiaou
Code: JO-K10A-PS

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) (4 skin tone options) 22102013
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) (4 skin tone options) 22102012

1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) Wheat Skin
From Jiaou
Code: JO-K10A-BS

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) (4 skin tone options) 22102014
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) (4 skin tone options) 22102015
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) (4 skin tone options) 22102016
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) (4 skin tone options) 22102017
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) (4 skin tone options) 22102018
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) (4 skin tone options) 22102019
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) (4 skin tone options) 22102020
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) (4 skin tone options) 22102021
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) (4 skin tone options) 22102022
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) (4 skin tone options) 22102023
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) (4 skin tone options) 22102024

1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) White Skin
From Jiaou
Code: JO-K10A-YS

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) (4 skin tone options) 1107
newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) (4 skin tone options) 22102025

#newproduct #JiaouDoll #MuscularMale #body #accessory

davidd

davidd
Do they mean detachable feet?

As for some of those other parts: the media pundits who who regularly opine about Barbie dolls presenting an unrealistically idealized body image are obviously not familiar with male action figures.

Reminds me of an old limerick about a certain man from Nantucket. Neutral

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
This body looks more or less the same as one of their earlier ones, just mayyyybe with slightly more upper body muscles?? But the legs are still pencils without any shape. Jiaou bodies are so odd about legs. Either the legs are overly shapely and look like they are stuffed with pillows or they are complete shapeless sticks...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
I also think those legs lack better shape, more muscle definition... they're way too straight, the famous "skip leg day" body type.

As for the... uh... "unrealistic parts"... you can always paint it purple and use it as a weapon with your custom Saints Row character.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
davidd wrote:Do they mean detachable feet?

As for some of those other parts: the media pundits who who regularly opine about Barbie dolls presenting an unrealistically idealized body image are obviously not familiar with male action figures.

Reminds me of an old limerick about a certain man from Nantucket. Neutral

Maybe by “removable legs” they mean those “third legs” — especially the John Holmes’ replica. Sheesh!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

newproduct - NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Muscular Male Body With Detachable Legs (Headsculpt Not Included) (4 skin tone options) 1f10

Diana

Diana
Naturally I'd like to see a comparison between the old 10 and this new K10 version. So I shall wait for in hand pictures, but I do like this body type, as long as he wears long pants. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana wrote:Naturally I'd like to see a comparison between the old 10 and this new K10 version. So I shall wait for in hand pictures, but I do like this body type, as long as he wears long pants. Smile

yes, I'm struggling to see much appreciable difference atm, but will be curious how they turn out. The current/old 10 also looks ok as long as wearing trousers. Razz

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
OSFModerator1 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:
Diana wrote:Naturally I'd like to see a comparison between the old 10 and this new K10 version. So I shall wait for in hand pictures, but I do like this body type, as long as he wears long pants. Smile

yes, I'm struggling to see much appreciable difference atm, but will be curious how they turn out. The current/old 10 also looks ok as long as wearing trousers. Razz

I just realised the photos have a copyright notice for 2019, so I'm thinking it's the exact same with just an added skin tone.

I wondered why I could not see any difference, lol. Wonder if it's an actually useful skintone this time. Rolling Eyes

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:
OSFModerator1 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

I just realised the photos have a copyright notice for 2019, so I'm thinking it's the exact same with just an added skin tone.

I wondered why I could not see any difference, lol. Wonder if it's an actually useful skintone this time. Rolling Eyes

I deleted my comment because I realised I posted it from the wrong account, but you were too fast! Laughing

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:
OSFModerator1 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

I deleted my comment because I realised I posted it from the wrong account, but you were too fast! Laughing

Oh whoops, sorry! :3

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Seems to be an upgrade of an existing body, as suggested by the product name. Plus, the added availability of an extra skin tone. Speaking of skin tones, remember that their promotional images tend to be over-saturated -- or have been in the past.
Yes, I think the "detachable legs" are "detachable feet" -- probably a machine translation issue.
I agree that the shaping of the legs is still a little disappointing. To me it has always looked like they are wearing a pair or relatively tight (but not body-hugging) pants. TBLeague legs are definitely shapelier. Where there seems to be an improvement (though I haven't bothered to compare images side-by-side) are the hips -- unlike most of their male bodies, Jiaou seems to have reduced the width of the hips to proportions appropriate for males this time around. Or so it seems to me.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Aside from the additional skintone it looks like they've 'buffed it up' a little up top (which I'm not a fan of, I liked the less muscular torso). I suppose they'd argue that the 17 'slim' model fits that more 'average' bill now but sadly the neck on those is ridiculously thin. The legs on these are shapeless but of course the advantage is that they're much easier to dress.

I'm mostly out of the hobby right now for financial reasons so I can't really afford to compare these new 10s to the old ones, unfortunately. Maybe things will pick up next year.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeWillikers wrote:

I'm mostly out of the hobby right now for financial reasons so I can't really afford to compare these new 10s to the old ones, unfortunately. Maybe things will pick up next year.

I feel your pain on that one. I'm still 'in', but only in the sense of trying to catch up on my existing pre-orders. Can't afford to add anything or pick up any bodies, heads, accesories or materials til I get through all of those.

Hope things look up for you and you can get back into it again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum