OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

OSFModerator1

OSFModerator1
NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] Jok-0110

JD-JOK-17AWS; 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body Ultra-White
JD-JOK-17ABS; 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body Wheat
JD-JOK-17AYS; 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body Natural
JD-JOK-17APS; 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body Dark
Product Details:
Headless 3.0 generation steel plastic skeleton coated with rubber body *1 (height 30cm)
Hand 5 pairs
Foot 2 pairs
Ding ding *1
Vest underwear *1
Support *1

NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 126
NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 226
NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 326
NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 426
NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 526
NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 626
NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 725
NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 825
NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 925
NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 1025
NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 1124
NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 1223
NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 1323

#newproduct #JiaouDoll #male #lean #body #accessory

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
These look pretty good to me. A fairly realistic looking build for a change from all the overly muscle-bound bodies we usually see.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 1f10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Looks like a seamless take on certain BJD style bodies. Sort of suffers from the typical Jiaou feature of oddly shaped hips and legs, but it should look ok with trousers on. Very Happy

I'm always glad for non-body builder male bodies, so I can't complain.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

csyeung

csyeung
Pretty neat for a slimmer lanky build. I see this more like a classic spider-man build for me, kinda like a Joe Maduriera style. Should be able to get some cool twists and poses with this body type.

Diana

Diana
Agreed. I really like this. Looks like it was inspired by those Death Note bodies announced last year. I'll definitely be getting one, though I really hope the legs look as good as they do in the promos. I did consider getting another one of their more slender body types, but IRL the legs looked like pillars of clay lacking any definition.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Indeed, Diana. I was saying in another thread that the current slender/young male Jiaou would have been one of my faves if not for the ugly stick legs. I mean, I'm sure they look ok in trousers, but it's frustrating nonetheless.

I'll certainly be picking up at least one of these, as I could have plenty of use for younger/slimmer male characters.

I'm not quite certain how tall it will be, as I never know if the height listed is with or without head. But I'm guessing it will just be average height.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hmm, reminds me of that Kamisoul MAF body I reviewed, which also felt very much like a Jiaou body, although it had definitely better hands and feet -- but looking the present listing, that might be the same thing here. The Kamisoul MAF body was pretty tall, about 31 cm with a head. The cited height with 30 cm here ought to be with a head, I would think, but no promises. I cannot say I like the wide hips that seem to plague most Jiaou male bodies, and this is no exception. Be aware that even YS skintone is very pale (so much so I don't buy bodies in it), so you can only imagine how pale WS is. As you can see in my Kamisoul MAF body review comparison photos and in several installments in the makeshift Jiaou thread, even BS is slightly paler than Phicen / TBLeague suntan. PS ought to be darker, but in the past Jiaou has always exaggerated those colors in the promotional images, so looks carefully at the pictured in-hand bodies before deciding.

Diana

Diana
I think the WS version wants to become the Sandman. Smile

Ovy

Ovy
Diana wrote:I think the WS version wants to become the Sandman. Smile

Haha exactly what I thought.

Looks great, although I now he probably smells like a chemical accident and will tear much faster than his tbleague brothers

Diana

Diana
Ovy wrote:
Diana wrote:I think the WS version wants to become the Sandman. Smile

Haha exactly what I thought.

Looks great, although I now he probably smells like a chemical accident and will tear much faster than his tbleague brothers

Which is why I'll wait a few months in the hopes that TBL recognise the need for this body type in their line up and make one.  Suspect

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I really like this but I’m going to be in the minority for saying this but I really dislike seamless bodies so it’s an easy pass for me. This is especially frustrating because I’ve got several characters I’ve been working on for years who need a slim and less muscular body but there’s never anything suitable! 😩

Titan

Titan
Ok . . . I will ask about the elephant in the room. Why are ALL their attachments erect? Do these have another purpose that I am missing?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lynkhart wrote:I really like this but I’m going to be in the minority for saying this but I really dislike seamless bodies so it’s an easy pass for me. This is especially frustrating because I’ve got several characters I’ve been working on for years who need a slim and less muscular body but there’s never anything suitable! 😩

It's totally understandable to dislike seamless bodies, I myself was pretty averse to them when I first started out. I would prefer to just use visible jointed but unfortunately nothing compares in terms of the strength of the joints and stability. Every plastic jointed body I've used since starting with the tbleague/seamless bodies ends up feeling flimsy and with poor center of balance in comparison. Unable to hold a pose properly, etc. So my personal draw to seamless is less about the actual seamlessness and more about the joints themselves.

That being said, I still have issues with a lot of seamless bodies, especially because they can be so exaggerated to the point of being (ironically!) unrealistically-shaped w/ ridiculous 'anatomy', not to mention overly-sexualised.

Wish there was some kind of happy medium...

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Titan wrote:Ok . . .  I will ask about the elephant in the room. Why are ALL their attachments erect? Do these have another purpose that I am missing?

Oh man! I hadn’t even noticed that when I posted these. Yikes! That top one is absurd and looks better suited to a horse.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:
Titan wrote:Ok . . .  I will ask about the elephant in the room. Why are ALL their attachments erect? Do these have another purpose that I am missing?

Oh man! I hadn’t even noticed that when I posted these. Yikes! That top one is absurd and looks better suited to a horse.
My feeling is that Jiaou decided that they would exceed TBLeague's more modest (in every sense) options in this respect. Of course it's absurd. The only instance when I've tried using those on the figures was when a certain dear departed friend (you can guess who that was) asked for a visual demonstration of these accessories.
But, no, Titan, I think they are just meant to be funny. I doubt most of them would lend themselves even to sixth-scale adult scenes outside some sort of over-the-top context.

Titan

Titan
Thanks Gubernator.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
I recently got this body, as a lot of male characters are not the bodybuilder type. Posability and build quality are as expected for a Jiaou body... not bad but could be better.

Here are some in hand pictures with random poses (the Alden Ehrenreich head might actually be a little big for the body)...

NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 52907521873_7da5d1da00_hCJ3A8369 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 52907457215_f2d85eef92_hCJ3A8372 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 52907461180_7ffcee4ed4_hCJ3A8382 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 52907458370_57050e8da6_hCJ3A8377 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 52906504307_00f6df2ed6_hCJ3A8386 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 52907224759_7b8d645d94_hCJ3A8385 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I always forget how quickly the Jiaou bodies are released.

It looks like what you'd expect from Jiaou...an ok top half and a kind of wonky bottom half with oddly sculpted legs. At least it's an option for anyone wanting a skinnier male figure.

gooboo

Is there a seam running down the length of the body? It kind of looks like it from the pictures.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:I recently got this body, as a lot of male characters are not the bodybuilder type. Posability and build quality are as expected for a Jiaou body... not bad but could be better.

Here are some in hand pictures with random poses (the Alden Ehrenreich head might actually be a little big for the body)...

Thanks for the quick review and photos. I'll be getting a couple in more sensible skin tones than the Kamisoul version I reviewed, just for that purpose.
By the way, your choice of head sculpt struck me as hilariously on point because, if I recall, somewhere I read Alden was "discovered" as an actor when he was running around in his underwear at a Bat Mitzvah -- or something like that.

skywalkersaga wrote:I always forget how quickly the Jiaou bodies are released. It looks like what you'd expect from Jiaou...an ok top half and a kind of wonky bottom half with oddly sculpted legs. At least it's an option for anyone wanting a skinnier male figure.

So true.

gooboo wrote:Is there a seam running down the length of the body? It kind of looks like it from the pictures.

It is not too obvious, but you can see it from some angles. Same with the Kamisoul version:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6542-new-kamisoul-maf-extreme-seamless-body-with-jiaou-and-tbleague-comparison

helianthus

So sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I was just wondering. Where is it that one could find a way to purchase this doll body without risk of scam? I have been searching for a seamless male body that is skinny for some time, but I haven't seen this body for sale outside of ebay.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
helianthus wrote:So sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I was just wondering. Where is it that one could find a way to purchase this doll body without risk of scam? I have been searching for a seamless male body that is skinny for some time, but I haven't seen this body for sale outside of ebay.

Giantoy is top notch for bodies. (Prices include shipping).

https://giantoy.com/products/1-6-jiaou-doll-jok-17a-slim-fit-male-seamless-body?_pos=1&_sid=42b1b82b2&_ss=r

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Randam, I forgot to ask...how tall is this body? It's hard to tell for sure....

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
skywalkersaga wrote:Randam, I forgot to ask...how tall is this body? It's hard to tell for sure....

It is larger than a standard body. The body's height is 29 cm to the top of the neck peg and roughly 31 cm with a head sculpt.

McClane served as a reference, because he was already barefoot Smile
NEW PRODUCT: Jiaou Doll: 1/6 Detachable Foot Lean Slender Male Body [JD-JOK-17] 52911498094_2eee8e1cf1_kCJ3A8390 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

- Ralf

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Hmm, not sure how I feel about this body. Seems like it would be tricky to find a head that didn’t make him look like a bobble-head. That Taylor Kitsch head seems to work better, however.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum