OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Very First One Sixth Figure!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Very First One Sixth Figure! Empty Very First One Sixth Figure! Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:45 am

n0vellette

n0vellette
I'm so excited! I posted a little while ago about needing help getting started in customizing a 1/6 little guy and man, that feels like a lifetime since. Because he's FINALLY DONE!!

Thank you everyone who helped me out. I'm so happy with how he turned out!!! I had a problem and a half finding a head that suited him. I even panic bought a third head thinking this one looked too small, but once it had a face up and some hair it was perfect. 

He's a Jiaou doll 1/6 slim male body. All the clothes were drafted and sewn by myself. And yes, his jeans do have working pockets! (I couldn't have him not have pockets!) (If there's any interest, I can try and make a tutorial on patterning clothes for dolls)

I used chalk pastels to blush the body as well as do the face up. The only thing I would change is his eyes are a bit too dark, but that's okay. I also totally could have worked some LEDs in there to make his cheek markings glow, but I didn't think that far ahead! D'oh! 

Anyways without further ado, say hello to my very first one sixth doll, Ezreal!

Very First One Sixth Figure! 20231101_192049
Very First One Sixth Figure! 20231101_192055

I used acrylic yarn wefts for the hair. I had planned to poke holes and root the hair, but at that point the head was on the neck bearing and I didn't feel like taking it off so I actually just glued the wefts onto his head directly... Not sure if that will bite me in the butt later! At least I have a plan B.

Very First One Sixth Figure! 20231101_192518

Very First One Sixth Figure! 20231101_205848

Very First One Sixth Figure! 20231101_192640

Working pockets!! (I am way too proud of that lol. We women never get enough pockets, I live vicariously through my dolls) Maybe I should make him a little phone or wallet to put in there? Hmm...

Very First One Sixth Figure! 20231101_193845

Showing off some of the blushing I did with a bit of a sexy pose! :O Ezreal... Put your shirt back on!

Very First One Sixth Figure! 20231101_195226

... Or, a onesie! These jammies are from a doll repaint of the same character I did a while ago. I had no idea they would fit but lo! He kinda looks like a kid posing for his mom before going to school on pajama day XD It's the "can I go now" look for me.

Thanks. So. Much. To everyone who helped in my help post. Ezreal never would have come to life without you guys I love you I felt like giving up so many times, but now I'm really happy with how he turned out. I'm really happy I got to share with you guys Smile

2Very First One Sixth Figure! Empty Re: Very First One Sixth Figure! Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:49 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
He might be your first full figure, but you sure have got some impressive skills (that some of us can only dream of) and have put them to good use. And I'm sure he appreciates those working pockets!

3Very First One Sixth Figure! Empty Re: Very First One Sixth Figure! Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:59 am

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Impressive skills indeed. Nice first figure. Congrats on getting him the way you want, and for making his clothes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Very First One Sixth Figure! 1f10

4Very First One Sixth Figure! Empty Re: Very First One Sixth Figure! Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:33 am

n0vellette

n0vellette
Thank you both for your kind words! I love hearing what others have to say about my work Smile He's my first doll of this kind but certainly not my first doll! I gained a lot of these skills from working with dolls of all sorts be they plastic or plush, Ezzy here is sort of a culmination of a lot of practice! If there's anything like the clothes, hair, face, etc. that the forum might benefit from a tutorial of I'd be more than happy to share how I do it ^~^

5Very First One Sixth Figure! Empty Re: Very First One Sixth Figure! Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:02 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Congrats on completing your first figure, he's absolutely adorable!!! You did a great job pairing a head with that body, I know it wouldn't have been easy to find one and decide on which to use. It turned out so well! And I love all your handcrafted and hand-sewn pieces for his outfit, it's very unique. I hope to see more from you in future. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6Very First One Sixth Figure! Empty Re: Very First One Sixth Figure! Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:24 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Awesome, welcome aboard. You got some really great sewing skill cause those outfits are just on point. Awesome work all around really, once again welcome and I hope to see more of your work.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Very First One Sixth Figure! 1f60e

7Very First One Sixth Figure! Empty Re: Very First One Sixth Figure! Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:12 am

n0vellette

n0vellette
Ah more kind words, thank you! I have a 1/12th doll in the pipeline now with another 1/6th I'm hoping to make after that. I think it will be a good opportunity to put together tutorials on how I draft patterns and sew clothes for my figures and dolls! I hope then that I can help others make their own outfits for their lovely collections Very Happy

8Very First One Sixth Figure! Empty Re: Very First One Sixth Figure! Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:18 am

csyeung

csyeung
Looking good! Congrats on your first figure and welcome to the forum!

9Very First One Sixth Figure! Empty Re: Very First One Sixth Figure! Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:54 pm

Illusion

Illusion
Nice little guy. I feel your joy about him - which makes me happy too.

Great work on his clothes and he looks like a unique character. Great start of your collection Wink

10Very First One Sixth Figure! Empty Re: Very First One Sixth Figure! Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:08 am

Diana

Diana
Wow! Great skills and beautiful vision! He is adorable and you got him finished in NO time! Well done!! I hope he won't be the last! Very Happy

11Very First One Sixth Figure! Empty Re: Very First One Sixth Figure! Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:09 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Welcome to the forum, n0vellette. Great work on the figure. I like rolling eyeballs, you can make many fantastic poses with him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum