OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Female head with TBL body catalogue

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:36 pm

MeMyself&I

OK, I will make this my updated post that I will reference as time goes on. I will tweak and add to it as I have time for photos. I don't have a ton of head sculpts, but I have enough it takes time.

EDIT: Updated the photos for my first entry to be consistent with further entries

EDIT: Added additional head sculpts and body comparisons

The head sculpt is listed first, then 4 bodies are listed underneath. I wanted to show my head sculpts, for as few as they are, on a range of bodies (tall and full, short and full, average height and slight build).

All photos shot on a Canon R7 with a 24mm lens, f/10, ISO 200, and 5600K color temp.

Diana, I hope this all works within what parameters you want!

Head sculpt: SuperDuck Chun-Li (SUD-SET014B) for Suntan bodies

Body: TBLeague S53 (Suntan)

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53426119562_8b884914f0_kHead sculpts on the TBL S53 by T E, on Flickr

Body: TBLeague S52 (Pale)

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53427048131_8d07c618b8_kHead sculpts on the TBL S52 by T E, on Flickr

Body: TBLeague S38 (Pale)

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53426119732_82ac99a0c3_kHead sculpts on the TBL S38 by T E, on Flickr

Body: TBLeague S16 (Pale)

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53427371649_29f54e5e3e_kHead sculpts on the TBL S16 by T E, on Flickr

Head sculpt: i8Toys I8-C001C Furisode Head sculpt for Pale bodies

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53427473640_f5e5abc936_kHead sculpts on the TBL S53 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53427473850_7ee2863190_kHead sculpts on the TBL S52 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53427203373_3365c9a6e9_kHead sculpts on the TBL S38 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53426119592_71006c46d8_kHead sculpts on the TBL S16 by T E, on Flickr

Head sculpt: YM Toys YMT027 D for Suntan bodies

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53427048191_03d02eb83d_kHead sculpts on the TBL S53 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53427048116_aeddb7db9f_kHead sculpts on the TBL S52 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53427371734_ccdf49e23b_kHead sculpts on the TBL S38 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53426119567_5511446f55_kHead sculpts on the TBL S16 by T E, on Flickr

Head sculpt: Super Duck SDH018 A for Pale bodies

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53427371904_f66c61bef6_kHead sculpts on the TBL S53 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53427473830_ef8ba3652a_kHead sculpts on the TBL S52 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53426119662_f797cfe3d6_kHead sculpts on the TBL S38 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53426119472_09dad9fe88_kHead sculpts on the TBL S16 by T E, on Flickr

Head sculpt: i8 Toys Yuki i8-H001D for Pale bodies

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53426119867_bb83eb75b9_kHead sculpts on the TBL S53 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53427371784_ef9b77a6de_kHead sculpts on the TBL S52 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53427203323_bcb045eeba_kHead sculpts on the TBL S38 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53427473565_93efec3661_kHead sculpts on the TBL S16 by T E, on Flickr

Head sculpt: i8 Toys Nana i8-H002B for Pale bodies

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53427371864_29bd52553a_kHead sculpts on the TBL S53 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53427473810_48ca02f942_kHead sculpts on the TBL S52 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53427473685_bbd1841a6d_kHead sculpts on the TBL S38 by T E, on Flickr

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 53427473575_157c6b4468_kHead sculpts on the TBL S16 by T E, on Flickr

27Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:43 am

madnug

MM&I
nice body & head proportion, hope there more clothes in the market for it soon

28Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:13 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Pretty close match and nice proportions.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

29Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:58 am

Diana

MeMyself&I wrote:Body: TBLeague S53 (Suntan)

Head sculpt: SuperDuck Chun-Li (SUD-SET014B) Suntan Skin Tone...

Ooph! What a beautiful body. Now I might need to get me one of those, too. Laughing
And the head does work nicely with it! I'm looking forward to future contributions! I love you

30Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:20 am

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
Randam Hajile wrote:

There are three TS heads that I'm aware of. The third is from MM Toys, also available with different hair styles. You can find it in the head sculpt catalog...

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5547p120-head-sculpt-general-catalog-contribute-but-check-out-the-rules#96366

madnug wrote:

Gactoys is nice too, both has close resemblance of TS, cant go wrong with either just pick which hairstyle you like.

(IMG)

Thanks again! I nabbed the longer haired H007 and wow! I’m happy to have another great TS head sculpt  Very Happy

I put her on a TBL Lost In Space Judy Robinson body (which is a unique jointed body with a seamless torso covering) and since it’s Christmas time, a (Barbie) Santa hat and festive outfit!  Very Happy  Very Happy

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 BA0BZ2ot

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 IPynoQEt

santa santa santa

31Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:58 am

madnug

madnug
Zurdoz,
nice to see you got the hah toys version of TS HS.. Nice Christmas outfit too...
Wish i had got more costumes for my figures..

My taylor have been in her Camo Costume most of the time..
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Tsc211

32Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:12 pm

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Updated my original post with more, and consistent, info.

33Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:15 pm

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
madnug wrote:Zurdoz,
nice to see you got the hah toys version of TS HS.. Nice Christmas outfit too...
Wish i had got more costumes for my figures..

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 HpnoEyu

madnug wrote:
My Taylor have been in her Camo Costume most of the time..
Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Tsc211

Very nice setup!  Smile  I can just imagine TS wearing something of the like in one of her music videos haha

I plan to put her on a different seamless body and I’m scouring for a more classical/elegant style of dress since I’m going for more of a vibe from her earlier music  Smile

MeMyself&I wrote:Updated my original post with more, and consistent, info.

Great pix and thanks for sharing!

34Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:27 am

madnug

madnug
MeMyself&I wrote:Updated my original post with more, and consistent, info.

Nice addition comparison pix, the sport shoes look great too

35Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:34 pm

Diana

Diana
Wow! Those images are very helpful!
I gotta say, posting a full body image of every head with every body is not what I had in mind. Laughing
But of course it is also very helpful so you're welcome to it! 
For me it's perfectly sufficient to have one consistent body type per post so I'll stick to it. Wink  (The additional workload would cost me the fun.)

I've reduced the number/size of pictures in posts that were not contributing to the purpose of this thread. The dedicated posts will already have many images. Let's preserve the bandwidth for those images, please. I love you

36Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:34 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:Wow! Those images are very helpful!
I gotta say, posting a full body image of every head with every body is not what I had in mind. Laughing
For me it's perfectly sufficient to have one consistent body type per post so I'll stick to it. Wink  (The additional workload would cost me the fun.)

I've reduced the number/size of pictures in posts that were not contributing to the purpose of this thread. The dedicated posts will already have many images. Let's preserve the bandwidth for those images, please. I love you
Reasonable request. Also, it would be good if people avoid reproducing photos when quoting -- or include only one if it is the subject of a specific comment or question.
I sometimes edit posts to remove photos in quotations where they are not pertinent to a specific issue.

37Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:58 pm

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I

Is it bad that while tiring, I do find it fun?? lol.

I wanted to show a couple options since the 52 is so tall. Figured what looks good there may be a bobble head on other bodies. Or something that looks good on a small body maybe be weird on the bigger ones. At least that’s my logic lol

38Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:10 am

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:I sometimes edit posts to remove photos in quotations where they are not pertinent to a specific issue.
I do that, too. ^^ And I just figured out how to change imgur images to thumbnails! Just add a "t" to the end of the file name! So I did that to those images of Taylor and linked them to the full size images.  Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 1f60a 

MeMyself&I wrote:[I wanted to show a couple options since the 52 is so tall. Figured what looks good there may be a bobble head on other bodies. Or something that looks good on a small body maybe be weird on the bigger ones. At least that’s my logic lol

I've added your post to the index in the initial post. Thank you!! I love you

39Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:14 pm

madnug

madnug
MeMyself&I wrote:

Is it bad that while tiring, I do find it fun?? lol.

I wanted to show a couple options since the 52 is so tall. Figured what looks good there may be a bobble head on other bodies. Or something that looks good on a small body maybe be weird on the bigger ones. At least that’s my logic lol

those I8 HS doesn't seem to fit blend in on bigger bodies, looks like they become she hulk or something..

Am still figuring out whats best for the I8 yuki HS, even standard S07,S09,S10 bodies seems off somehow, S16,S18 looks ok..
but it might fit better on smaller bodies..

40Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:24 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I just received by newly released TBLeague darker skintone bodies (more specifically, 4 of them). The colors are good, richer than I had expected, but that comes with its challenges. As I had predicted when we were discussing the need for such skin tones, there is no one color fits all, nor, unfortunately, two colors fit all. The lighter color, identified by the addition of a B to an even-numbered body, does fit a number of commercially produced heads, but some are a significantly lighter shade; the darker color, identified by the addition of a C to an odd-numbered body, does not fit any commercially produced heads that I know or have, although in principle it ought to be perfect for a Grace Jones. So I painted some blank head sculpts I had collected to match. These are still very much in progress, so please be kind. Diana: sorry if I'm messing up the desired format but hope this is still relevant and helpful.

The Valkyrie head is almost right (depending on the light) for S24B; a custom-painted Zoe Saldana (Gamora head cast from the Hot Toys original) for S25C; the EXO-6 Michael Burnham head for S28B; a custom-painted head from gooboo for S29C:

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Tblbc010

Hot Toys Reva head for S24B; Zoe Saldana head for S25C as above; Storm head for S28B; custom painted head from Stryker2012 for S29C:

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Tblbc011

EXO-6 Michael Burnham head for S24B; Zoe Saldana head for S25C as above; Hot Toys Reva head for S28B; custom painted head from gooboo for S29C:

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Tblbc012

These were the heads I found to work reasonably well. There are a couple (Hot Toys Shuri and Storm) I have not been able to find for the purposes of this experiment, but the following don't work with the new skin tones discussed here (although one of them obviously works rather well with the TBLeague Radiant Crown Deity body which is not released on its own) :

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Tblbc013

I hope this is helpful.

41Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:48 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very nice, Ian!

42Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:49 am

madnug

madnug
The s28 arms doesn't look that big when its in this color.

43Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:11 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
That thread is very useful! And these pics from Ian are super helpful. Yeah some heads work better than others, I like the Valkyre and the Exo head from teh first pic to go with the new colored bodies!
That first goobboo head also has a matching color imo and ghamorra does also work for me in that regard

Great to see the bodies and some heads on real pics.

Smile

Edit: I don't really like the Storm head color I think

44Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:57 am

davidd

davidd
Razz I am amused by the image of the heads lined up on the sofa. Someone has little tolerance for those who displease her!

45Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:17 am

Esganado

davidd wrote:Razz  I am amused by the image of the heads lined up on the sofa. Someone has little tolerance for those who displease her!

But she looks so elegant besides thos fallen rivals... Very Happy

46Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:21 am

Esganado

I was pleasantly surprised to see these new body colours. There was need for more variations.
I hope the sellers will upgrade the making of more heads to fit them.
Thank you for showing them GubernatorFan.

47Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:07 pm

Diana

Diana
Those pics are awesome and super helpful and this is the right place for them Smile (Let's not worry about my OCD tendencies and keep it flowing. Laughing )

I didn't realise the color difference between the brown (B) and the Radiant Crown Divinity body were so big! Bugger, cause that skin color is perfect for a specific character of mine. Hopefully these sell well and encourage them to release additional colours like this less saturated brown, soon.

48Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:50 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Some of these bodies look even better in the new colours (especially the s28b, interestingly enough). Thanks for sharing, GF!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

49Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:47 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
BAMComix wrote:Very nice, Ian!
Thanks very much, Dal, glad you liked it.

madnug wrote:The s28 arms doesn't look that big when its in this color.
Agreed. Well, lighter colors and darker colors produce different impressions of breadth, visually.

Valiarde wrote:That thread is very useful! And these pics from Ian are super helpful. Yeah some heads work better than others, I like the Valkyre and the Exo head from teh first pic to go with the new colored bodies!
That first goobboo head also has a matching color imo and ghamorra does also work for me in that regard
Great to see the bodies and some heads on real pics.Smile
Thank you, glad you liked them. Keep in mind that, unusually, the match between Valkyrie and the body looks closer in the photo than in hand; in hand it is a bit too pale vis-a-vis the body. The gooboo, Stryker, and Gamora heads received the exact same paint job, trying to make them match the body.

davidd wrote:Razz  I am amused by the image of the heads lined up on the sofa. Someone has little tolerance for those who displease her!
Glad you like, it Dave. Fun interpretation.

Esganado wrote:
But she looks so elegant besides thos fallen rivals... Very Happy
Definitely. She does cut an elegant figure, which is why she keeps showing up.

Esganado wrote:I was pleasantly surprised to see these new body colours. There was need for more variations.
I hope the sellers will upgrade the making of more heads to fit them.
Thank you for showing them GubernatorFan.
Indeed and you're welcome. I don't know why they had to change to less anatomical correctness, but it made good sense to produce the bodies in different skin tones. Hopefully we will now see a greater choice of appropriate head sculpts for these bodies. There is still room for a more tan but still less brown body out there to match plenty of existing heads.

Diana wrote:Those pics are awesome and super helpful and this is the right place for them Smile (Let's not worry about my OCD tendencies and keep it flowing. Laughing )

I didn't realise the color difference between the brown (B) and the Radiant Crown Divinity body were so big! Bugger, cause that skin color is perfect for a specific character of mine. Hopefully these sell well and encourage them to release additional colours like this less saturated brown, soon.
Thank you for the indulgence, Diana, I'm glad you liked them. Yes, the Radiant Crown Divinity is another brownish color. It appears to be the exact same body and skin tone as the recent Hatshepsut release (parted out on Monkey Depot).

skywalkersaga wrote:Some of these bodies look even better in the new colours (especially the s28b, interestingly enough).  Thanks for sharing, GF!
Thank you, Sky, glad you liked it. And I agree. I only got these four and am not likely to get others, but I'm sure the same would be the case with several other models.

50Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:30 pm

craftsrmyluvlanguage

GubernatorFan wrote:So I painted some blank head sculpts I had collected to match.

I hope this is helpful.

The skintone for the custom paints are such a great match. Would you be willing to share the name and shades of the paint you used? I may be attempting a repaint myself.

51Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:40 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
craftsrmyluvlanguage wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:So I painted some blank head sculpts I had collected to match.

I hope this is helpful.

The skintone for the custom paints are such a great match. Would you be willing to share the name and shades of the paint you used? I may be attempting a repaint myself.
Thank you very much! Insofar as I remember it correctly, I'm happy to share.
I used Vallejo acrylic paints and media, except for the Liquitex Ultra Matte Medium.
  • First, I primed the blank headsculpts (which were bluish grey and in the case of Gamora light beige) with Vallejo black acrylic surface primer. 
  • Then I applied a couple of thin layers of a mixture of primarily Vallejo's German C(amo) Black Brown with small amounts of their London Grey and Burnt Umber mixed in with an almost equal amount of Liquitex Ultra Matte Medium.
  • Finally, I gave it a layer of Vallejo's Matt Varnish.

Naturally, the eyes were done differently: off-white with a bit of ivory for the base color, some reddish pink mix (made with ivory, leather red, and vermillion) for their inside corners, a near black line at the top, and a dark red/brown one at the bottom, black for the pupil and iris, and for some eyelashes; the eye surface was given a layer of gloss varnish, with a couple more layers of it building up just over the pupil and iris.

52Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:28 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father

Reminds me of that career-killing movie “8 Heads In A Dufflebag”.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 1f10

53Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:54 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:

Reminds me of that career-killing movie “8 Heads In A Dufflebag”.
I vaguely remember that film. It was not absolutely God-awful for a comedy. By the way, thanks again for the head sculpt. Yes, it is work in progress and I realize the actual subject was much lighter-skinned.

54Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Empty Re: Female head with TBL body catalogue Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:15 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I found the remaining heads I was looking for. The one of Halle Berry is far too pale to even try, but Hot Toys' Shuri is a close enough match for the "dark brown" skin tone of S24B. Admittedly, this Shuri is slightly repainted -- due to my modification to obscure her warpaint and the traces left by her removed chin accessory -- but I think it is still basically the original color.

Female head with TBL body catalogue  - Page 2 Tblbc110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum