OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

VeryCool 1/6 headsculpt identification help

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Visisonor

Visisonor
Hi,
If anyone familiar with VeryCool heads could help me find out which release is this one from, it will be greatly appreciated.
Spoiler:

Technically it may not even be from VeryCool, but I consider this unlikely.

I have my own guess but I'll withhold it for now, as it can interfere.

Thanks.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
That's a Very Cool Kenall Jenner head (VCF-2037A-1). Very Happy

Visisonor

Visisonor
Thanks, Randam!
That's what I thought too, but I had some doubts - hair color seems too light, and the head was on a VCF-2035 body.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That's exactly right. These heads were everywhere for a while. Mine appeared in a few covers in THIS thread.

Visisonor

Visisonor
GubernatorFan wrote:Mine appeared in a few covers in THIS thread.
That was hilarious.

And thanks for your help too!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Visisonor wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Mine appeared in a few covers in THIS thread.
That was hilarious.

And thanks for your help too!
I didn't do much. But glad you liked it.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
This model came in multiple hair colours, perhaps why it was a bit confusing. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Visisonor

Visisonor
skywalkersaga wrote:This model came in multiple hair colours, perhaps why it was a bit confusing. Smile
Yeah. And the hair on those photos looks like neither of them because of lighting:

VeryCool 1/6 headsculpt identification help VCL0538-2VeryCool 1/6 headsculpt identification help VCL0437-3

P.s. perhaps this thread can be merged with that one.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Why was that in a spoiler?

Visisonor

Visisonor
GubernatorFan wrote:Why was that in a spoiler?
I don't know, instinctive hunch to not clutter the real estate.
But since it's the answer to the riddle, I'll unspoiler it.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Visisonor wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Why was that in a spoiler?
I don't know, instinctive hunch to not clutter the real estate.
But since it's the answer to the riddle, I'll unspoiler it.
That is a noble instinct, in principle, but I think unnecessary in this instance.
It's people that quote and leave in a duplicated whole string of images that usually get my goat. Smile

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:It's people that quote and leave in a duplicated whole string of images that usually get my goat. Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing Never heard that expression before. I like it.

In extreme cases I've actually taken the liberty of replacing all but one image with a link to the original post with the comment "more images in original post". 
Only happened twice I think, but... affraid, ya know? Laughing

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote:
It's people that quote and leave in a duplicated whole string of images that usually get my goat.

I am on the verge of completely leaving another forum because a number of members have taken to re-quoting entire photo posts just to leave a one sentence response. Scrolling through a topic and seeing the same images reposted again and again... gets my goat, too! Wink Especially since it's usually completely unnecessary.

Anyway, back on topic: was the head sculpt in question here ever positively identified? It's the VeryCool "Villa" head, isn't it?

Was the head ever offered separately, with a stand-alone product number? Or was it only available as part of the figure set, VCF-2035 Villa Sister Flower?

If this is the "Villa" head, that is a figure that seems like it would be worthwhile for VeryCool to re-release. They offer a 1/12 scale version, but the 1/6-scale version has become quite expensive on the secondary market, and loose head sculpts have become quite uncommon.

Visisonor

Visisonor
davidd wrote:was the head sculpt in question here ever positively identified? It's the VeryCool "Villa" head, isn't it?

So you think it's actually the "Villa" head?
VeryCool 1/6 headsculpt identification help VC_Villa_Sister_Headsculpt3_1

I wish it was, but I just don't see her in the photos from my original post. Looks closer to Jenner, as far as I can tell - as others suggested.

davidd wrote:Or was it only available as part of the figure set, VCF-2035 Villa Sister Flower?
I don't think it was available separately, apart from parted out sets.
It was originally released as part of VCF-2031, in 2017 I believe, then re-released as VCF-2035 in 2018 (in two uniform colors). Which means VeryCool already has re-released it, and I doubt they'll do it again Sad

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
There’s plenty of bootlegs of VC heads. More than likely it’s one of those — not the actual VC sculpt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

VeryCool 1/6 headsculpt identification help 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:There’s plenty of bootlegs of VC heads. More than likely it’s one of those — not the actual VC sculpt.
I agree, this seems very likely.

Visisonor

Visisonor
I don't think the head from OP pics is a knock-off.
I have one of the two Sky mentioned in the other thread:
VeryCool 1/6 headsculpt identification help Cnr_6929

and I actually recognize Villa/Vera/Cara Delevingne in it, even with different hair style (which, for me, is quite an achievement)
Off topic:

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
I'm a little puzzled where Visionor's original picture came from. Is it out of the question that the original hairpiece was swapped to a slightly brighter one?

One of the original VC Jenner heads did have brownish hair that can appear slightly lighter depending on the ambient light. Please check out these two pictures from the head sculpt catalog...

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5547p20-head-sculpt-general-catalog-contribute-but-check-out-the-rules#81299

I think that the facial geometry and the eye color rather clearly point to the VC Jenner head or a well-made knock-off.

Sorry, if I misunderstood something.Shocked

Visisonor

Visisonor
They come from a loose figure listing. The seller bought it from someone else as VCF-2035 and doesn't know where the head is from.
To me it looks like a kitbash, with Villa's body and some parts from Jenner set (including the scarf visible in the photos).
I don't have enough information to draw conclusions about hairpiece swap - not out of question I guess, though lighting seems more likely.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Visisonor wrote:They come from a loose figure listing. The seller bought it from someone else as VCF-2035 and doesn't know where the head is from.
To me it looks like a kitbash, with Villa's body and some parts from Jenner set (including the scarf visible in the photos).
I don't have enough information to draw conclusions about hairpiece swap - not out of question I guess, though lighting seems more likely.

I see. Giving that loose Villa-heads were in such high demand at the time, it is highly likely that somebody just picked up Villa's body/gear and combined it with a VC Jenna head. Seeing how washed out the brown color in the eyes appears in the pics, I would think that it is indeed just the lighting that renders the hair lighter than usual.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, the kitbash theory seems very plausible.

madnug

madnug
the sculpt is jenner verycool,

either from boxset or from verycool body + head pack

VeryCool 1/6 headsculpt identification help Vcj10

Visisonor

Visisonor
madnug wrote:either from boxset or from verycool body + head pack
Oh, interesting, I didn't know it was available outside of Jenner sets.
And it's a great head in its own right, maybe in 5 years I'll regret not having it.
But I was after Villa, and the conclusion is, it wasn't her.

Thanks again to everyone here, with your help I've avoided a costly mistake!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum