OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 14]

512 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:46 pm

davidd

What's this? Another set of doll boots?

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 53382601333_095b1c054e_z

Yes, it's another pair of doll boots, or action figure boots, and these cost even more than the other ones I purchased recently, nearly twice as much, in fact.

These DiD brand (that's an action figure manufacturing company) cavalry boots are, however, more than twice as nice as the plastic boots pictured a few days ago, and feature genuine-ish leather-like material and detailed laces with metal grommets and straps with buckles and a cloth lining.

The problem is... because I always look at the glass as being half empty no matter how full it is... that I don't actually need these boots anymore; or at least not right now. I purchased the boots to go with an ill-advised set of action figure clothing I bought a while back that was intended to go on the figure that ended up wearing the Flash Gordon costume.

If I don't need these boots, why did I buy them would be a logical question. My somewhat less than logical explanation is that I purchased the clothing set which the boots will compliment from an online seller before I won the eBay auction for the Flash Gordon uniform, not knowing I would run across the Flash Gordon outfit, and not knowing at the time that I would need to purchase better boots for that set. These boots turned up for sale after I won the Flash Gordon set, and boots like this are somewhat uncommon and usually cost more than what I paid for these, so I elected to purchase them to maybe someday eventually use with the clothing set that I no longer have a corresponding figure for.

Installing the figure body in the Flash Gordon costume required considerable effort, and some of the parts might not come off again without a high chance of damage, so I am unlikely to be switching outfits on that particular figure.

I know, I know, what's the point of playing with dolls if you can't change their clothes? What else is there to do with dolls? Stand them on a shelf to creep out your friends?

The problem is a minor problem. I am not experiencing the same level of Existential Angst I did after buying the expensive cheap plastic boots. These are nice boots, and they look good outside the door of the surf shack -- yeah, like anybody is going to take twenty minutes to unlace their cavalry boots before going inside a surf shack. Despite my best intentions (that is, weak at best), I'm likely to end up with another action figure in the not too distant future who will need some riding boots. Action figures always seem to need boots.

522 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:03 pm

MeMyself&I

I really need to learn to tell time as it is nearly 1am, but I digress. lol. As promised, I did indeed receive the next installment of clothing related item(s), this time from an Etsy shop. Also, as a side note, I did update the photos in my prior post to links to Flickr, so now they don't look like out of focus messes.

The item I received today is a simple item: a sweater/cardigan thing. I am not good with clothing titles, I just know it looked warm and fit Kasumi's personality, which is what I wanted.

A quick review of it and some pictures.

The sweater (as I will call it) was originally designed to fit other doll types, namely blythe and poppy parker (both of which I had no real understanding of prior). Some google research later, and I found that the measurements were actually quite similar in important ways to TBL bodies.

Combined with the listing photos, I determined that the sleeves would be more 3/4 length, and the shoulders could be interesting. Well, I got exactly what I thought I would on both counts. Overall the sweater is extremely soft, is a good length, and after a slight bit of fussing, fits her nicely. It is a bit oversized, mostly in the shoulder, but it is in no way a deal breaker. In fact I ordered a different sweater/cardigan thing (white with pockets) and a jacket (similar style, but cut off at the waist. Looks kinda like a crop top but isn't?).

The shop is EmbroideryDollsGoods on etsy. Fast shipping, good quality, good price ($20USD on average for what I purchased). The below photos are on the TBL S07C.

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 53382266017_fa538dfc93_kDOAL5455 by T E, on Flickr

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 53383363623_7689206e1e_kDOAL5456 by T E, on Flickr

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 53382266007_b17a381a37_kDOAL5461 by T E, on Flickr

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 53382266022_bb2580a783_kDOAL5437 by T E, on Flickr

532 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:38 pm

BAMComix

Great additions guys! Love those boots, Dave!

542 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:24 am

Diana

Nice boots and nice cardigan! Smile

552 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:24 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nice sweater jacket.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 1f10

562 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:25 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't know what it is but it does indeed look nice on her.

572 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:26 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
The cardigan looks warm and cozy.

Meanwhile,

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Img_2010
It pulls me down, right into the darkness

582 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:52 am

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Ordered the Sideshow GI Joe Duke, Stalker and Beachhead figure

592 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:44 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A whole new definition of product placement (but a welcome one), Visisonor!

602 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:27 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
The sweater looks very well made.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

612 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:07 am

madnug

madnug
got this costume MULTIFUN MF-003

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Csg10

622 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:26 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
GubernatorFan wrote:A whole new definition of product placement
Ha! Indeed, in a literal sense.
I was thinking along the lines of https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SceneryCensor

The MULTIFUN dress looks well made too (and the name is inspiring).

632 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:44 am

Tasuke

Tasuke

Well... after going through about a half-dozen irregular pairs over the years,

- all from ReMent's "Petite Mode Costume Collection" series of 1/6 outfit sets -

i'm finally pretty sure now that i wont be finding a more Perfect a Pair of Ballet Slippers for my Little Wife♥ Konomi~

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Konomi_Nightie_12-14-23_RESIZE_40

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Konomi_s_Ballet_Shoes_1

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Fairy_Ballerina_Multi_12_20_20

642 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:12 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nice grab.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 1f10

652 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:59 pm

Tasuke

Tasuke
So... things have turned out Perfectly Backwards here over the last couple months...
Principles of Asian Wabi-Sabi in Action, i Suppose.

First, Got this Schoolgirl Sailor Suit for my Konomi a couple/three months back...
Turned out to fit my much larger WB AT203-Based Shaorin;

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Shaorin_Schoolgirl_11-27-23_6

Just got this Re;ZERO "Rem" -styled Maid Dress for Shaorin... Turned out to fit my
much Smaller OBITSU BODY 26-Based Konomi;

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Konomi_Maid_12-14-23_2_RESIZE_40

662 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:01 am

davidd

davidd
Looks like things worked out for you, Tasuke, as well as or perhaps even better than initially intended! cheers

672 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:14 am

Tasuke

Tasuke

Yeah... sometimes things just seem to work out as if they were simply "Meant to Be"

682 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:46 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Like Shaun almost a year ago, I've given in and acquired the VCF-2035A figure, Villa Sister Flower.
2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Cnr_6927

Spoiler:
I didn't intend to get the full set. But I couldn't find the head for a reasonable price. I've tried to get it for unreasonable price, but even that fell apart in a typical eBay fashion (warehousing error / the item is no longer usable).
Spoiler:
So in the end I found the figure, as a complete set - with some markup, but at not entirely unreasonable price given the date it was out. Even though I have the smaller one, this look with longer hair is just too good.
2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Cnr_6928

692 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:30 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think you're addicted to sixth scale already!

702 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:04 pm

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Not gonna lie, you’re tempting me to buy her. She looks great!

712 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:39 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice pick up!

722 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:52 am

madnug

madnug
Nice Villa, love the HS even in smaller scale is lovely

732 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:56 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
Thanks.
Yes, she looks great in both scales.

GubernatorFan wrote:I think you're addicted to sixth scale already!
Bad influence of this forum Smile

742 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:01 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Visisonor wrote:Like Shaun almost a year ago, I've given in and acquired the VCF-2035A figure, Villa Sister Flower.

Spoiler:
I didn't intend to get the full set. But I couldn't find the head for a reasonable price. I've tried to get it for unreasonable price, but even that fell apart in a typical eBay fashion (warehousing error / the item is no longer usable).
Spoiler:
So in the end I found the figure, as a complete set - with some markup, but at not entirely unreasonable price given the date it was out. Even though I have the smaller one, this look with longer hair is just too good.

Congrats!
It is such a nice figure Smile

752 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:38 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
madnug wrote:got this costume MULTIFUN MF-003

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Csg10

Looks good. Something about the colors gave me flash backs to ROTJ Leia..

762 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:54 am

madnug

madnug
the quality & fitting is good, not easy to slip the blue buttons on though.
Not that many camo print clothes for females on the market too for kit bash military VC style figures

772 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:42 pm

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Received a few days back (week + at this point?) two additional sweaters from the same shop I had tried out previously (EmbroideryDollsGoods on etsy). The fit is a touch big, but it honestly works quite well. I picked up a white sweater with pockets, and a pink sweater jacket. I now have the fall/winter wardrobe effectively made up for Kas.

Also pictured, some accessories I picked up from HL and the doll house section. Nicely size gift box, gingerbread man (came with two friends), and donut (there are more, with white and pink icing respectively).

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 53405303599_e07801033d_kComfy White Sweater by T E, on Flickr

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 53405164343_66249f0553_kAgree to Disagree on Snacks by T E, on Flickr

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 53404967326_d69a86af27_kFall outfit #2 by T E, on Flickr

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 53405400545_45ecf76c03_kFall outfit #2 by T E, on Flickr

782 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:02 pm

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Also, this is "technically" 1/6th scale (according to her box), and she is kinda in the ballpark of TBL bodies in size, but she's not articulated in the slightest.

I really just felt like sharing cause she's adorable and the photos came out great.

Yotsuba Nakano

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 53404032677_d9bf4f9880_kDOAL5502 by T E, on Flickr

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 53405140423_fa49d9a707_kDOAL5501 by T E, on Flickr

2 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 53404957536_d481783e0e_kDOAL5499 by T E, on Flickr

792 - Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:20 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice, pick ups!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum