OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge..

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
No official pictures of this guy exist so I had a lot of room for interpretation from the novel "A New Dawn" but there are a few fan depictions of him that helped with inspiration, please see the WIP thread below.

WIP of Count Vidian

I've done a fair bit of detail work and repainting since the last entry on that thread, such as a richer red paint, silver accents etc..

Here he is depicted doing what he does best for The Empire, investigating a factory for efficiency and corruption, in this case some Stormtrooper armour has been repeatedly reported as defective. He takes samples of the armour composites from the production belt (a particularly bad looking set of chest armour in this case), then uses his cyborg body to conduct the monotonous testing procedures autonomously using its AI brain while the Count rests and revitalises his remaining human organs with nutrients and charges the suit's power core. Evidence is found that corruption and incompetence are present in the factory so the Imperial Commander of the facility is summerly informed, arrested then probably executed by Count Vidian himself as he hates nothing more than incompetence as it leads to inefficiency......

Early Life:

The man that would become Count Denetrius Vidian was once a low-ranking safety inspector by the name of Lemuel Tharsa who worked for the Interstellar Thorilide-Guild. Due to Lemuel's work as a Safety Inspector he became acquainted with the thorilide trade and developed a distaste for its endemic corruption within this Mining Industry. While on an business-trip to an Inner Rim world Gorse, Lemuel Tharsa fell ill with Shilmer's syndrome, the flesh eating disease which he had contracted from the countless unsanitary factories which he had visited. This disease devoured most of his body, which then reduced Lemuel Tharsa to his sack of-organs which were patched together by Medical-Surgeons and he was unable to communicate because of the loss of most of his body parts.

Rise of Count Vidian:

After years he'd managed to re-establish rudimentary contact with one of their caretaker Droids. Tharsa was eventually rebuilt as a cyborg with metallic limbs, synthskin coating, artificial yellowish–red alien eyes specifically chosen as they would look unsettling with a Human male face and an artificial voice that had been carefully selected based on  research. Having gained a new lease on life, Tharsa adopted a new persona, count Denetrius Vidian. Concealing his past as a safety inspector, he reinvented himself as a defense-contractor who had become a whistle-blower. Desiring a vengeance against the corrupt mining firms that almost destroyed his life, Vidian developed a reputation as a prominent corporate stalker.

Following the rise of the Galactic Empire, Count Vidian curried favour with this new regime and became a member of Emperor Palpatine's cabinet. Due to the management skills and charisma Vidian was assigned the task of speeding up production on Imperial mining planets. As a workaholic Vidian developed a reputation among industrial circles for his ruthlessness and putting profits ahead of the people. Count Vidian's activities eventually drew the attention of an Rebel-operative Hera Syndulla, who was part of the rebellion-network that opposed the Empire.

Imperial Efficiency Expert
Stormtrooper Armor Production:

Under the orders of the Emperor, Vidian and Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin traveled to the planet Gilvaanen to investigate a unsatisfactory rate of stormtrooper armor production there.

Managing Gorse System Mining:

When a Thorilide production in the Gorse System fell behind schedule, the Emperor dispatched Count Vidian to restore productivity. Displeased with the slow pace at this mining-convoy traveling between Gorse and Cynda, Vidian ordered the Ultimatum to destroy a freighter in order to terrify an local population and to send a message that the Galactic Empire would not tolerate tardiness. Count Vidian's first stop was a Thorilide-Mine on Cynda where he was greeted by several mining company representatives, with Vidian's first act to declare Security-Condition-One which resulted in the arrest of forty-six potential agitators working within the Cyndan-Mines, and his second act was to impose an age cap on all of their Cynda moon's mining crew and to then dismiss all their elderly workers among this work force."

I edited out a LOT...lol and tried to fix all the terrible grammar but gave up after the second paragraph as it seemed to improve. Basically he put production and results before anything else and would do anything to achieve that including laying waste to a mining planet run by a rival etc..

The build:

I think he or the med droids would have had access to General Grievous' base full of spare parts and incorporated some of those into his own cyborg body, he needed to be intimidating but not agile and of course he would go for efficiency over experimental advantages. His height and arms would most likely have been his biggest concerns (after his brain and senses of course) as theatrical aids to his lectures in the boardrooms and to kill the odd employee whilst making a point. Anyway, I'm building him under these assumptions that shock and awe help increase productivity rather than lots of motivation meetings.

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. Bc1xIA4

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. Vbm8NgN

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. UjSsRM2

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. QXPeyXM

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. SldttDC

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. FcMpJE6

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. H8Qx2WB

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. 3bLbuYh

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. ANlUbGP

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. O6aEEIQ

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. EWCqIad

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. MPF6Eyc

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. Xb4GikN

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. 7hyHaW4

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. AbLD0NO

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. E7ZwdGy

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. XiHeOJI

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. KkQVudv

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. Oz0bAgw

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. K22rrnS

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. T1SO3Ee

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. 2VGgiex

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. XsjLWeX

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. QtZhCp5

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. KSiintD

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. Mc4LKS1

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. 4BGkG5j

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. Yocvfth

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. 3ObFvIa

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. Lh8Qzwm

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. Km7zxbA

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. Zm6Og1u

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. CdnJbIO

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. KvvqpXj

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. 8GtMNjl

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. HD4mNeU

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. DvjAkZe

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. 5ZYCYzL

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. Yknxqw6

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. 8cIIOBF

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. FQUSDT1

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. RhPGS9c

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. WcPH94u

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. V69feRH

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. HrwoSSC

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. HzNm9xr

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. MprSSzD

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. TPJEmxd

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. CYehsUd

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. V8dKndO

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. T07SyyG

Kiwi-Paul

Wow, you are a talented artist, I enjoy the photos of your work so keep them coming!

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Wow! That is crazy cool. I love how you can have part of him removed from the mechanical body — that is so awesome. Excellent work, Alex.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. 1f10

BAMComix

BAMComix
An epic build from start to finish my friend. He came out excellent! Thanks for letting us in on the tips and secrets of your work.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Congratulations, you've completed such a large, complex, functional, and adaptable kitbash!
And I've got to say, it was about time for someone to investigate defects in Stormtrooper armor. Smile

davidd

davidd
Wow! The hyper-detailing is hyper-impressive -- all those tubes and wires and cables and conduits snaking throughout the body armor! Fantastic custom!

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Fantastic creation, and suitably intimidating for those poor workers!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Kiwi-Paul wrote:Wow, you are a talented artist, I enjoy the photos of your work so keep them coming!

Thank you very much Paul!

Stryker2012 wrote:Wow! That is crazy cool. I love how you can have part of him removed from the mechanical body — that is so awesome. Excellent work, Alex.

Thanks Mark! Well it is just a ball joint lol! But I guess he needs those auxiliary arms and an AI brain to pull it off!

BAMComix wrote:An epic build from start to finish my friend. He came out excellent! Thanks for letting us in on the tips and secrets of your work.

Thanks BAM! He was an interesting build to do as a lot of stuff was completely sporadic even though I had an overall aesthetic for him in my head.

GubernatorFan wrote:Congratulations, you've completed such a large, complex, functional, and adaptable kitbash!
And I've got to say, it was about time for someone to investigate defects in Stormtrooper armor. Smile

Cheers Ian! Large being the problem, like a lot of my recent builds he barely fits on a shelf due to his height! As for ST armour, well it doesn't seem to do anything even when it's made properly lol so I dread to think how useless defective armour is! Probably catches fire from a blaster bolt and roasts the poor bugger inside like a potted lobster!

davidd wrote:Wow! The hyper-detailing is hyper-impressive -- all those tubes and wires and cables and conduits snaking throughout the body armor! Fantastic custom!

Cheers davidd! I love my mechanical stuff and biomechanical is even better as I grew up worshiping H. R. Giger during my artistic training at schools and universities.

Tanzenwolfe wrote:Fantastic creation, and suitably intimidating for those poor workers!

Thank you Tanzenwolfe! I think he would have had his cyber body built to intimidate physically but also to show the wealth and power he had created out of nothing while being part of Palpatine's inner circle, they were all preening and backstabbing each other like a Roman senate.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Congratulations, you've completed such a large, complex, functional, and adaptable kitbash!

Cheers Ian! Large being the problem, like a lot of my recent builds he barely fits on a shelf due to his height! As for ST armour, well it doesn't seem to do anything even when it's made properly lol so I dread to think how useless defective armour is! Probably catches fire from a blaster bolt and roasts the poor bugger inside like a potted lobster!
Maybe he is top shelf material? Then no worries about his height. Smile
As for the ST armor, if I recall, the theory is that it supposedly limits the impact of the blaster bolt and allows the wearer to survive, even if knocked out or wounded -- though that is hardly how it looks on screen. It is an example of "plot disarmor," I suppose. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ah wow, he turned out so cool! I love that you had him inspecting a factory, that seems like the perfect introduction to him, lol.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

cdn_rhino

Awesome figure. Great to see it all finished.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

Maybe he is top shelf material? Then no worries about his height. Smile
As for the ST armor, if I recall, the theory is that it supposedly limits the impact of the blaster bolt and allows the wearer to survive, even if knocked out or wounded -- though that is hardly how it looks on screen. It is an example of "plot disarmor," I suppose. Smile

Yeah cannon on armour goes back and forth with every new book or novel saying how great and futuristic it is full of tech then goes back to saying it's just cumbersome and it's only redeeming feature is its imposing looks.

skywalkersaga wrote:Ah wow, he turned out so cool! I love that you had him inspecting a factory, that seems like the perfect introduction to him, lol.

LOL cheers SWS! Yeah not sure where else he'd belong tbh, I don't have a gaggle of Palp's inner circle to pose him with, not yet anyway..

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A gaggle of Palpatine's inner circle would be absolutely awesome to see -- like the six dignitaries that were with him aboard his shuttle in ROTJ.

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. Impadv10
Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. Impadv11

I actually made them in 1:18 scale, as best I could years ago.

Valiarde

Valiarde
What was the role of these Dignitaries?
And I would love to see them in your 1/6 lineup Smile

@Shovel: GReat figure, from start to finish! What a beast machine Smile

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Looks imposingly evil, definitely not the kind of guy you want as your superior, awesome work.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. 1f60e

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:A gaggle of Palpatine's inner circle would be absolutely awesome to see -- like the six dignitaries that were with him aboard his shuttle in ROTJ.

Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. Impadv10
Star Wars Count Vidian Finished & Inspecting A Factory, does not go well for the person in charge.. Impadv11

I actually made them in 1:18 scale, as best I could years ago.

They look like they came straight out of 'Blackadder the First' Smile

Valiarde wrote:What was the role of these Dignitaries?
And I would love to see them in your 1/6 lineup Smile

@Shovel: GReat figure, from start to finish! What a beast machine Smile

Cheers! Their role no idea, administrators I guess and suck ups to the Emperor. I doubt I'll make them tbh, got a whole lot of new Vader stuff planned for my next thread...

Theboo-bomb wrote:Looks imposingly evil, definitely not the kind of guy you want as your superior, awesome work.

Thank you so much TBB!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum