OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now Censored: TBLeague / Phicen and other seamless bodies

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

MoonsBlessing

NavySubGuy wrote:
MoonsBlessing wrote:I just got a new jiaou doll and the one I got is censored doesn't have details on body anymore I'm very disappointed because Liked the realistic details for art

Just curious ... Rolling Eyes ... did the seller tell you that it was not the original product that you were buying?

Or did they just send it out and hoped that you didn't notice or complain?
they just sent it without saying there was a different body

NavySubGuy

MoonsBlessing wrote:I wish I knew about this sooner because now I can't find the old one anymore anywhere

For the two cents it is worth, you want to stay away from eBay since many of those dealers want to move stock and (I'm afraid) will not inform you of what you will actually be getting.

I messaged 6-7 the last few days and they failed to answer my questions. They hemmed and hawed and never gave a straight answer but kept saying buy it and if you are not happy send it back > Ya', right trying to send it back to China will be so easy and cheep ... NOT!

The safest bet is the big toy and figure dealers.

It is not a huge issue for me as 90% of mine are in fancy Gisha costumes, Ancient garb or historical dress. But the deception is annoying.

ThePhotogsBlog

MoonsBlessing wrote:
NavySubGuy wrote:
MoonsBlessing wrote:I just got a new jiaou doll and the one I got is censored doesn't have details on body anymore I'm very disappointed because Liked the realistic details for art

Just curious ... Rolling Eyes ... did the seller tell you that it was not the original product that you were buying?

Or did they just send it out and hoped that you didn't notice or complain?
they just sent it without saying there was a different body

As I have stated elsewhere, the only thing that will persuade the manufacturers to find some way around the censorship regulations is if they suffer a huge drop in sales because of it. That will not happen if we just keep shrugging our shoulders and buying the new versions.

Visisonor

There are some promising developments with VeryCool seamless bodies.
But reports are conflicting, people at BBICN say their samples are censored, while samples received by people in this thread are not.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:As I have stated elsewhere, the only thing that will persuade the manufacturers to find some way around the censorship regulations is if they suffer a huge drop in sales because of it. That will not happen if we just keep shrugging our shoulders and buying the new versions.  

I'm sure that TBLeague at least are monitoring the situation 'with interest'. As I said upthread, I don't think it's a coincidence that they seem to have stopped releasing new body designs altogether.

Meanwhile, the 'sexy little figurines' that caused all this fuss in the first place are apparently still being produced unaltered. Evil or Very Mad

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
I received an email last week from Ekia Hobbies, and they’re aware of the changeover to the Phicen/TBLeague bodies:

“TBLeague Pre 2024 Bodies, uncensored version. New Version will mark V24 on item names.”

They have denoted on all of their online listings the code “V24” which denotes the 2024 version. As far as I can tell, if a listing does not include V24, then you are ordering the pre-censored version.

https://www.ekiahobbies.com/1-6-bodies-and-heads/

Get them while you can!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
collectorofmany wrote:I received an email last week from Ekia Hobbies, and they’re aware of the changeover to the Phicen/TBLeague bodies:

“TBLeague Pre 2024 Bodies, uncensored version. New Version will mark V24 on item names.”

They have denoted on all of their online listings the code “V24” which denotes the 2024 version. As far as I can tell, if a listing does not include V24, then you are ordering the pre-censored version.

https://www.ekiahobbies.com/1-6-bodies-and-heads/

Get them while you can!
I hope that is true!

MoonsBlessing

Was lied to on ebay from seller saying it was the old ones but sent me new censored figure

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
MoonsBlessing wrote:Was lied to on ebay from seller saying it was the old ones but sent me new censored figure

Is it allowed, on this FORUM, to say who the eBay dealer was?

I have been fortunate to deal with three very trustworthy dealers who have searched "their" distributors (and other locations known to themselves) to find OLD STOCK figures, not the V24 versions for me.

Recently, I have been purchasing just bodies, while holding back on head sculpts, clothing outfits scenery and accessories.

So far, I have 37 TBLeague / Phicen figures with only a few more to go. There are four bodies that are really difficult to find.

I have not seen, in person, a V24 figure, but I have been led to believe by the dealers and other collectors that the censoring is awkwardly apparent. I have been told, the new bodies are NOT as well made.

It appears they have simply patched the original molds to rush them out the door. The results are not as good when compared to the originals, with mixed matched coloring and noticeable skin imperfections.

Sad [MoonsBlessing, was your figure up to TBL standard, other than the censoring?] Sad

Also, expect the non-V24 figures to start going for higher prices when buying from those (people Twisted Evil ) who are only out to scam you and your wallet.

Sorry to hear about your figure.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I don't know if there is a drop off in quality, but yes, the censored molds do appear to have been corrected a little sloppily. There is a whole thread for people to warn of scammers on eBay and elsewhere, although some of that is simply due to disappointment with standard (mostly Chinese market) eBay practices, like listing items not actually in their possession and then informing you that it is sold out after all later.

111Now Censored: TBLeague / Phicen and other seamless bodies - Page 5 Empty . Fri May 03, 2024 12:23 am

MoonsBlessing

NavySubGuy wrote:
MoonsBlessing wrote:Was lied to on ebay from seller saying it was the old ones but sent me new censored figure

Is it allowed, on this FORUM, to say who the eBay dealer was?

I have been fortunate to deal with three very trustworthy dealers who have searched "their" distributors (and other locations known to themselves) to find OLD STOCK figures, not the V24 versions for me.

Recently, I have been purchasing just bodies, while holding back on head sculpts, clothing outfits scenery and accessories.

So far, I have 37 TBLeague / Phicen figures with only a few more to go. There are four bodies that are really difficult to find.

I have not seen, in person, a V24 figure, but I have been led to believe by the dealers and other collectors that the censoring is awkwardly apparent. I have been told, the new bodies are NOT as well made.

It appears they have simply patched the original molds to rush them out the door. The results are not as good when compared to the originals, with mixed matched coloring and noticeable skin imperfections.

Sad [MoonsBlessing, was your figure up to TBL standard, other than the censoring?] Sad

Also, expect the non-V24 figures to start going for higher prices when buying from those (people Twisted Evil ) who are only out to scam you and your wallet.

Sorry to hear about your figure.
its a jiaou doll but it does looks kinda sloppily censored but otherwise looks ok guess, I haven't taken it out to see and feel it because I was hoping to return it

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy

its a jiaou doll but it does looks kinda sloppily censored but otherwise looks ok guess, I haven't taken it out to see and feel it  because I was hoping  to return it

I am not familiar with Jiaou dolls. I have only been purchasing TBLeague but wasn't sure if Jiaou was also affected by the new censor laws.

I have not heard if LDDOLL or UANDD or others will also alter their figures.

Once again sorry to hear that your venture into this hobby is being difficult.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
NavySubGuy wrote:I have not heard if LDDOLL or UANDD or others will also alter their figures.
For now, at least, LDDOLL is apparently not affected. I got suckered into buying a new body with a good discount some time ago and it arrived yesterday.

ZombieTestSubject

That's a sad development, although it's not going to break this hobby, I think. But happy there are still realistic options around. Do we have a review on these LDDOLL bodies?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum