OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now Censored: TBLeague / Phicen and other seamless bodies

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Zes

I'll definitely be following the progress of that Verycool body. I'm curious to see what changes they make.

I think I may go back to smaller, made-to-order manufacturers like LDDoll. I doubt they'd have to censor their bodies, as they are not mass-produced. It takes about a month to get the body after placing the order.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
In principle, it should not be impossible, especially for those who can navigate and understand BBICN, to figure out when the controversy occurred.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

ThePhotogsBlog

I actually contacted Giantoy and managed to confirm with them that they still had some figures I wanted with anatomical details. They were quick in answering so I managed to get in a couple of orders, which will satisfy my "needs" or more correctly my "wants," for the next several months at least. I'll wait and see what happens afterwards, and I suppose so will a lot of others.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:I actually contacted Giantoy and managed to confirm with them that they still had some figures I wanted with anatomical details. They were quick in answering so I managed to get in a couple of orders, which will satisfy my "needs" or more correctly my "wants," for the next several months at least.  I'll wait and see what happens afterwards, and I suppose so will a lot of others.
That is a way to do it, and I suggested it above. I ordered some of my favorite bodies from old batches (but some were no longer available). Also, there are still sets being parted out at Monkey Depot and Toy Anxiety, among others, that have the old bodies. For example, the light-skinned version of Hatshepsut was parted out today on Monkey Depot.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:I actually contacted Giantoy and managed to confirm with them that they still had some figures I wanted with anatomical details. They were quick in answering so I managed to get in a couple of orders, which will satisfy my "needs" or more correctly my "wants," for the next several months at least.  I'll wait and see what happens afterwards, and I suppose so will a lot of others.
That is a way to do it, and I suggested it above. I ordered some of my favorite bodies from old batches (but some were no longer available). Also, there are still sets being parted out at Monkey Depot and Toy Anxiety, among others, that have the old bodies. For example, the light-skinned version of Hatshepsut was parted out today on Monkey Depot.

I would have ordered more myself, but I have serious bills to pay off as a priority, so for now, I will just have to make due with the 19 seamless figs I already have and the 2 that are on their way. I'll just have to take good care of them while things sort themselves out.

Visisonor

Visisonor
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:I'll just have to take good care of them while things sort themselves out.
That's also a good point, and one of my current concerns.

Until this whole debacle I thought of the bodies as "expendable". Well, not exactly, "expendable" is too strong a word, it's rather "easily replaceable". But not anymore.

With 1/12 scale I at least have a few spares still sealed, and honestly more characters that I can fit into one scene both visually and narratively.
But with 1/6 scale I only have one body, and if anything happens to it, I'm screwed.

This forced me to order one more (of older batch according to the seller), but of different skintone - which I should have bought along with the first one . But I can't stockpile spares right now unfortunately.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Visisonor wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:I'll just have to take good care of them while things sort themselves out.
That's also a good point, and one of my current concerns.

Until this whole debacle I thought of the bodies as "expendable". Well, not exactly, "expendable" is too strong a word, it's rather "easily replaceable". But not anymore.

With 1/12 scale I at least have a few spares still sealed, and honestly more characters that I can fit into one scene both visually and narratively.
But with 1/6 scale I only have one body, and if anything happens to it, I'm screwed.

This forced me to order one more (of older batch according to the seller), but of different skintone - which I should have bought along with the first one . But I can't stockpile spares right now unfortunately.

Had I not had $300.00 in dental work done on Tuesday, or had to spend $100.00 to get a new Nikon battery charger for my camera batteries, I might have actually ordered more bodies, just to have a few spares.

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
I just found this thread and have a question.

It states in the beginning that the affected Figurers were ..S24B / S25C / S28B and S29C.
Curiously, these are all the dark skin figures.
Are we saying, however, that "ALL" figures will be "censored" from now on?

Thanks!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
NavySubGuy wrote:I just found this thread and have a question.

It states in the beginning that the affected Figurers were ..S24B / S25C / S28B and S29C.

Thanks!

That's correct.

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

Thanks!

That's correct.

Well, that is unfortunate. Not a big issue for me as my $$$$ go into clothes, scenery, and other items to somewhat recreate an historical moment or a scene. (Primarily WWII or Korea)

But my Sis-in-law teaches nursing 101 and introduction medical courses at a community college and a state college.

She uses them in her "Introduction into Anatomy" classes and more. Guess I better hurry up and get her a couple more figures before they all become genderless or unisex. Mad

For female dolls maybe not a huge issue .... BUT for male dolls as well. Rolling Eyes

madnug

madnug

Thanks!

im also quite confuse about this, i thought the censorship is for models with the PLLB 2023/24 and future release only..

does this mean if you buy a previous models like S07 set with head and acc in 2024(new production batch), it will also be affected?

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
For those of you who might wonder whether the recently released TBLeague Medusa figure is also censored, I can now confirm it, as I received my copy yesterday.

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
madnug wrote:

Thanks!

im also quite confuse about this, i thought the censorship is for models with the PLLB 2023/24 and future release only..

does this mean if you buy a previous models like S07 set with head and acc in 2024(new production batch), it will also be affected?

I "believe" that your distributor can better answer that question.

I had ordered a TBL S23B about a week before I saw this from my vendor. When I contacted him and poised the censor question, he responded that he had a backup of inventory of various figures and would be shipping figures had he had received previously. He was told all future figures will be altered, but he didn't know how far back that would go. For example, would a S01 be included in the new censor criteria or would only new designs be included. He seemed as confused as to the logic behind this but I didn't push it. He forwarded a photo of the S23B that he shipped and no censor.

[UPDATE] Figure received, and no censor applied so previous inventory.

Larry

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
All newly produced figures, regardless of model, are affected by the censorship; if you get a figure produced before this was applied (start of 2023?), you might get an uncensored one.
LDDoll might be excluded from the above.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Well, I've just this afternoon received the second of two "uncensored" figures that I ordered from Giantoy on the assurance that they were old stock and detailed. I wish I could have been able to afford a few more at this time, but paying the bills and the rent take a priority. I'm resolved therefore to take very good care of the figures I already have, and while I have over 20 seamless bodies at this writing, it's always good to have a few spares for future projects or replace bodies that get damaged. I still can't get over the blind stupidity of this nonsense, and think that the only way that we can convince the manufacturers to find some way around this government policy is to boycott their products until they find some way around it. I'm sure that's what I'm gonna do.

Visisonor

Visisonor
I wonder if this change is reflected in model numbers.
For example, the full designation of S22A is PLMB2017-S22A (meaning, I assume, Pale Medium Bust, first released or designed in 2017).
Are these new censored variants labeled differently, with 2013 or 2024?
I don't know the answer to that, but if the label is still the same, that would be really misleading.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Visisonor wrote:I wonder if this change is reflected in model numbers.
For example, the full designation of S22A is PLMB2017-S22A (meaning, I assume, Pale Medium Bust, first released or designed in 2017).
Are these new censored variants labeled differently, with 2013 or 2024?
I don't know the answer to that, but if the label is still the same, that would be really misleading.
No. I don't think they are changing anything in the information. Just censoring the details on the female bodies and shipping the male ones without their "secret private parts."

ukshaun

ukshaun
Visisonor wrote:Bad news indeed.
Even if these details aren't visible, I'd always prefer more realistic representation.
The hope for now is if their sales fall and they'll have to reverse it (which, admittedly, is a long shot).

My guess is, the censoring probably has a lot to do with Chinese factories and new rules in China.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
TBL S07C is NOT the same as the original S07c

The following is an eBay link and posting for a TBL S07C.
I understand from him that collectors are not being told that the censored version or alteration of the 1/6 figures has taken place. Fortunately, I did purchase a S07c from old stock so no issues at this point. He suggested that any collector request verification from the dealer that the figure you order is either old stock or the new censored.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/145620101881?itmmeta=01HQKF7HT494WXQ8QP5JNFDV8M&hash=item21e7a26af9:g:DFUAAOSwdytl0j2I&itmprp=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4JITn%2Fes4o3IqBXXSb1wv9IMwAaS5NOodjntvt3Hl1yPefZfMm0xo6IjbHVKDm56fM1KhCy5Prt4oIj%2Bexs%2FPCC2x7iYYLsZ8sjP2eMFtRH8MtZ6gvmrJUlZSCrk1lVh6yHf7N8IXwykr7av%2BtWCj4hNi8UzmFZhPm%2Fhmoirvyp5AADtZkK%2B0rXrtEJ2n6RTVAOEgYiPh0rLcjDGdIP5hRePL7BlxqYff6DVxxrpb5opbTdOs3rbLd8tJx%2FL8JHDOtft4nA4OP75hoDUYOyOevPFHyNFyj%2BAwhdYCVWNssdh%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR5adnu-8Yw

FROM SELLER: IMPORTANT NOTE: These are for the new 2024 versions of the S07C body. As of 2024, the manufacturer no longer produces the "anatomically correct" bodies, meaning that the spicy details that were on the older version of S07C are no longer present. No idea why they still call it S07C as it's basically a S04B with an incorrect label slapped on.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
NavySubGuy wrote:
The following is an eBay link and posting for a TBL S07C.
I understand from him that collectors are not being told that the censored version or alteration of the 1/6 figures has taken place. Fortunately, I did purchase a S07c from old stock so no issues at this point. He suggested that any collector request verification from the dealer that the figure you order is either old stock or the new censored.

FROM SELLER: IMPORTANT NOTE: These are for the new 2024 versions of the S07C body. As of 2024, the manufacturer no longer produces the "anatomically correct" bodies, meaning that the spicy details that were on the older version of S07C are no longer present. No idea why they still call it S07C as it's basically a S04B with an incorrect label slapped on.

Nice to see sellers who are both honest and attentive on eBay.

96Now Censored: TBLeague / Phicen and other seamless bodies - Page 4 Empty Tbleague and jiaou doll are censored now ? Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:04 pm

MoonsBlessing

I just got a new jiaou doll and the one I got is censored doesn't have details on body anymore I'm very disappointed because Liked the realistic details for art

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
MoonsBlessing wrote:I just got a new jiaou doll and the one I got is censored doesn't have details on body anymore I'm very disappointed because Liked the realistic details for art
Yes, that's how it is for now. See discussion above.

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
GubernatorFan wrote:
MoonsBlessing wrote:I just got a new jiaou doll and the one I got is censored doesn't have details on body anymore I'm very disappointed because Liked the realistic details for art
Yes, that's how it is for now. See discussion above.

Hi folks.

The "old stock" (uncensored) figures are becoming very scarce. Sad They are quickly selling out and being replaced by the new inventory.

You need to query the seller to make sure that you only want an old stock figure if that is important to you and not the altered new stock. I saw a new one and they are not at all what they used to be. Maybe it was me but even the body skin felt different. It appears that it was a rush job since it looks like made a quick fix to the existing molds rather than recast.

The price is the same or even higher in some cases, so chose carefully. One US dealer said he has already seen a drop off in TBL sales but he didn't know if they were going to other manufacturers or just not purchasing TBL.

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy

Just curious ... Rolling Eyes ... did the seller tell you that it was not the original product that you were buying?

Or did they just send it out and hoped that you didn't notice or complain?

MoonsBlessing

I wish I knew about this sooner because now I can't find the old one anymore anywhere

MoonsBlessing

NavySubGuy wrote:

Just curious ... Rolling Eyes ... did the seller tell you that it was not the original product that you were buying?

they just sent it without saying there was a different body

NavySubGuy

NavySubGuy
MoonsBlessing wrote:I wish I knew about this sooner because now I can't find the old one anymore anywhere

For the two cents it is worth, you want to stay away from eBay since many of those dealers want to move stock and (I'm afraid) will not inform you of what you will actually be getting.

I messaged 6-7 the last few days and they failed to answer my questions. They hemmed and hawed and never gave a straight answer but kept saying buy it and if you are not happy send it back > Ya', right trying to send it back to China will be so easy and cheep ... NOT!

The safest bet is the big toy and figure dealers.

It is not a huge issue for me as 90% of mine are in fancy Gisha costumes, Ancient garb or historical dress. But the deception is annoying.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
MoonsBlessing wrote:
NavySubGuy wrote:

they just sent it without saying there was a different body

As I have stated elsewhere, the only thing that will persuade the manufacturers to find some way around the censorship regulations is if they suffer a huge drop in sales because of it. That will not happen if we just keep shrugging our shoulders and buying the new versions.

Visisonor

Visisonor
There are some promising developments with VeryCool seamless bodies.
But reports are conflicting, people at BBICN say their samples are censored, while samples received by people in this thread are not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum