OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

White Men Can Jump! Enterbay's Luka Dončić and more, updated 9 February 2024 (photo heavy)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Ephiane

Thanks for the wonderful tattoo pictures, I wouldn't have thought it would be so easy to get detailed tattoos on the TBL body.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Diana wrote:That's one good looking figure! What a Face

Of course I agree that the TBL body looks soooo much better, and I also agree that the paint job makes him look too youthful. A little more contrast as per the photo would have been more accurate and more interesting looking. But the head is still great, especially compared to the other one. 

Great review and great posing! That shot next to Homelander put a big smile on my face. Very Happy

Thank you very much, Diana, glad you liked it. I remember about you and wiry dudes! Smile Which inspired me to take a few more snapshots that you might like.

White Men Can Jump! Enterbay's Luka Dončić and more, updated 9 February 2024 (photo heavy) - Page 2 Du0110
White Men Can Jump! Enterbay's Luka Dončić and more, updated 9 February 2024 (photo heavy) - Page 2 Du0210
White Men Can Jump! Enterbay's Luka Dončić and more, updated 9 February 2024 (photo heavy) - Page 2 Du0310

Hope you liked it. Of course, the M36 body is impossibly tall for Timothy Olyphant (and still a little too tall for David Hasselhoff for that matter -- when will we get his likeness in our scale?), but the M30 body is actually about right for Colin McGregor.

Ephiane wrote:
Thanks for the wonderful tattoo pictures, I wouldn't have thought it would be so easy to get detailed tattoos on the TBL body.

You're welcome, but do you think they really work? The quality of the detail is pretty good, in fact quite impressive. But they seem overly obvious as decals and not very practical. They make do in a pinch, but if only we could apply Gundam Real Touch Marker finely enough, I think we would have a better result. For your fantasy characters, with their often premodern fantasy appearance, I think these markers would make do. See HERE, HERE, and HERE again. Confusingly, the bigger cap goes over the finer tip. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Diana

GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you very much, Diana, glad you liked it. I remember about you and wiry dudes! Smile Which inspired me to take a few more snapshots that you might like.

(images)

BWAHAHA, yes, very much appreciated. Laughing 

White Men Can Jump! Enterbay's Luka Dončić and more, updated 9 February 2024 (photo heavy) - Page 2 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952fywicmli4lvn3wg1o8tl4l30xmrtaodzvjn7a8vb&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Diana wrote:BWAHAHA, yes, very much appreciated. Laughing
I'm glad you liked it! And thank you for the inspiration to goof around (honestly, I don't need much of an excuse to do so). Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Esganado

GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Sorry for the tattoo frustration, hope someday there will be suitable solution.

And as for the M36, no I don't have

Visisonor wrote:So does the tattoo sticker crease too much, enough to peel off in some places?
It definitely creases, but hasn't peeled off as a whole, except for little fragments here and there. At this point I hope it peels off more and I can clean up

I read that baby oil would remove the tattoos at least in the life size tpe dolls. Maybe this information can help.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Esganado wrote: I read that baby oil would remove the tattoos at least in the life size tpe dolls. Maybe this information can help.

Thank you for this information. I will look into it.
So for simpler and less fine-detailed designs, the Gundam Real Touch Markers should do (as discussed starting HERE).

Ovy

Ovy
Ha, Timolanky looks oddly harmonic, if you are able to forget the head is based on a real person.

Sad news about the tattoos, but if someone could be called a tbleauge experimenting pioneer, you would be one.

Unfortunately I don't care about bastkeball players, I might have heard that this man exists, but that's it.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy wrote:

Unfortunately I don't care about bastkeball players, I might have heard that this man exists, but that's it.

LOL, that's more than I have.... didn't hear of this person til this thread. Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Ha, Timolanky looks oddly harmonic, if you are able to forget the head is based on a real person.

Sad news about the tattoos, but if someone could be called a tbleauge experimenting pioneer, you would be one.

Yes, true about Timothy. I thought the head fit ok, even if the resulting proportions were not true to life. Apparently Diana is a big fan of this head and of lanky wiry guys, so I had to try it out.

And thanks for the kind words. Although I'm not as innovative as Ephiane and gooboo, I do like to check out these bodies' potential. I think I'm going to stick to Gundam Real Touch Markers and simpler "tribal" tattoo designs, insofar as I'm going to make any. They do work so much better than decals, practically speaking.

I don't follow basketball, and only have a small handfull of sporty figures, but I liked this set enough to add something different in the collection (something I do much less these days than before). And it gives me something to do with the lanky white M36 body. Anyway, most of my knowledge of Luka is based on research undertaken after the product announcement and after I got the set.

skywalkersaga wrote:
Ovy wrote:

LOL, that's more than I have.... didn't hear of this person til this thread. Razz
Like I mentioned to Ovy, most of what I know is from researching after the product announcement and after getting the set and deciding to review it. And much of that was finding photos of poses to replicate. I just wanted something different.  I know most of us aren't very sports-oriented in our collections, so I figured it might be something different for others to see as well. And I think Enterbay has both fulfilled and unfulfilled potential here, their bodies being interesting, yet imperfect choices for this type of thing.

Valiarde

Valiarde
I'm happy to see different figures on here and I'm glad you try out different things. Smile
I do follow quiet some sports even without watching a single game of football (soccer), handball or basketball. I just follow the sports news and live tickers across the internet. So I've at least heard about Doncic.

Thanks for the pics, always interesting to see.

OT:
Sometimes I think the market for sport figures should be bigger - every kid I know has some soccer player as an idol. Even me in my youth. But it is a fringe hobby and very expensive for younger kids. And I'm tired of seeing only messi and ronaldo. I think there are many dudes who want their 80s and 90s football player on the shelf I guess.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:I'm happy to see different figures on here and I'm glad you try out different things. Smile
I do follow quiet some sports even without watching a single game of football (soccer), handball or basketball. I just follow the sports news and live tickers across the internet. So I've at least heard about Doncic.

Thanks for the pics, always interesting to see.

OT:
Sometimes I think the market for sport figures should be bigger - every kid I know has some soccer player as an idol. Even me in my youth. But it is a fringe hobby and very expensive for younger kids. And I'm tired of seeing only messi and ronaldo. I think there are many dudes who want their 80s and 90s football player on the shelf I guess.
Thank you, Simon, I'm glad I brought up something a bit different.
And I agree, completely: such things should be more mainstream and we should get more. How about Marco van Basten? As for Messi, I'm ready for Puma Messi instead! Smile One thing that might help keep prices down (of course that is not necessarily what producers would want) is to make these as sets with head sculpts, elastic clothes, and easy fit footwear, and let the customer decide what body to put them on.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Bit more offtopic (sorry)

Van Basten hehe, talking about football players:

Funnily enough, when I saw this Schwarzenegger head, my thoughts wandered to a Lothar Matthäus

White Men Can Jump! Enterbay's Luka Dončić and more, updated 9 February 2024 (photo heavy) - Page 2 5b821410

White Men Can Jump! Enterbay's Luka Dončić and more, updated 9 February 2024 (photo heavy) - Page 2 A10f13b76c7ab78bb2a1ecd00e76b272

White Men Can Jump! Enterbay's Luka Dončić and more, updated 9 February 2024 (photo heavy) - Page 2 DS2OEARXcAAVYVQ

When working with heads in this hobby, you always get these impressions..."I know that head looks like...XY"

But Arnold is too well known to work as Matthäus I would assume lol  Razz

Esganado

Valiarde wrote:Bit more offtopic (sorry)

Van Basten hehe, talking about football players:

Funnily enough, when I saw this Schwarzenegger head, my thoughts wandered to a Lothar Matthäus

When working with heads in this hobby, you always get these impressions..."I know that head looks like...XY"

I can see it. It could work with the right painting.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Funnily enough, when I saw this Schwarzenegger head, my thoughts wandered to a Lothar Matthäus

Esganado wrote:
I can see it. It could work with the right painting.

I can see it too. Arnold's face's lower half is a bit more squarish, but yes, there is plenty of similarity. That said, this would be a good likeness to have in sixth scale -- whether to portray the player himself or some random character, it is just different from is out there.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's one tall figure, do normal 1/6 scale clothes fit on that body?

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! White Men Can Jump! Enterbay's Luka Dončić and more, updated 9 February 2024 (photo heavy) - Page 2 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Theboo-bomb wrote:That's one tall figure, do normal 1/6 scale clothes fit on that body?
Thanks for commenting. Yes he is, though appropriate for a basketball player. The TBLeague also comes with a pair of magnetic hands! You can put the clothes on, because the body is fairly slender, but it depends on what kind of clothes there are as to whether there is a good fit. Shorts and most shirts are ok, but long pants give it away if not long enough. For example, see here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t7762p20-white-men-can-jump-enterbay-s-luka-doncic-and-more-updated-9-february-2024-photo-heavy#110961

Also, in the clothing thread, there:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1403p160-clothing-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-updated-part-xxx-december-2022#48998

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1403p220-clothing-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-updated-part-xxx-december-2022#74417

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum