OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

brassco

well, usually i do reviews as a new topic, but because i was so disappointed at this figure, i just decided to put it here...

female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 01
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 02
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 03
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 04

2 boxes. They could have pack all into a single box, as the 2nd box is merely a base. I could have opted for no base if they make it an option.

female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 05
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 06
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 07
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 08
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 09
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 10
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 10a

The external box design is quite nice, but the interior packaging...(censored)!!!they don't bother to secure the figure at all! As you can see, the HS fell off, the feets fell off...

and the body is quite dirty!! It's like they totally do not care about their products! no pride or whatsoever in it!

And it is jointed body...for this type of price! I immediately thought of switching body to a phicen...but then, i examined the feet...and NO!!! I am still thinking of how to modify the feet to fit a phicen, but...damn...

female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 11
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 12
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 13
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 14

The HS is ok, but doesn't seems to match the body. Most of the clothes and accessories already worn, so not much to do. Except for the HS, which i have some difficulties trying to put on. Here's a video link:

trust me...i tried very hard several times trying to secure the HS to the body...

female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 15
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 16
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 17
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 20

The accessories. Well, any consolation at all, the weapons look good. Not enough hands sculpts though. As for the Tshirt, i have no idea what to do with it to this figure, but i will use it for other figures.
The shield can be fastened to the body, or to the arm, with these long and short straps.

female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 18
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 19
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 21
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 22
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 23
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 24
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 25

This figure couldn't stand properly, without a 3 point support, using the spear.

female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 26
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 27

The 2nd figure. I am so disappointed, i decided just to call them long skirt and short skirt.
The short skirt has a better fate, without it's HS falling off, though the packaging is still the same.

female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 28
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 29
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 30

The body is cleaner than the previous one...still needs a bit of cleaning though...

female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 31
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 32

This figure, to my delight, could stand on its own. The feet is rather stable, unlike long skirt.
And the HS is also good, to my relief...

female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 33

The accessories' colors are in consistence with the main figure. However, when i was putting on the shield and weapons, i discovered my fingers getting a little black stains...damn...
The helmet seems a bit strange, and due to the lousy packaging, the galea (hairs on the helmet) will need some fixing.

female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 34
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 35
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 36

Generally speaking, i wish i wait for doodlehobby's review before i plunge into it...sigh...what a fantastic waste of money...I didn't even bother to unbox the other stand...

skywalkersaga

So sorry for your disappointment, it’s truly a shame these turned out so poorly. I’m absolutely baffled by their choice to use this PopToys Xing-style body , as it is a very petite and fairly delicate body — not surprising at all that it cannot handle the armour. Surely there could have been some other, more robust option for these figures, especially considering they are supposed to be warrior-goddesses. I really am shocked by what a poor choice it was to use those bodies. O.O

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Thanks for posting in so much detail on both figures, brassco. Seems like you actually got lucky with Hades' feet, but watch out if they suffer the same fate as Athena's. If it's any consolation, that type of knight-like footwear is totally inappropriate for anything claiming to be even remotely Ancient Greek. Doodlehobby warned us about all the staining from the armor, and when I bought a parted out torso armor for the Athena figure, I saw the same warning from the seller -- thought they were just being safe or reproducing a standard disclaimer, because this is a relatively new problem in my experience. Now I know for sure to be careful or just avoid using it. It's a shame, because these figures showed a lot of promise. Much of that might still be salvageable, but it shouldn't have come down to this in the first place.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

doodlehobby

@brassco I was hoping I was an isolated incident with poor QC. But sounds like yours came out a mess as well. It's a nice figure, but very poorly executed! Unlike others, I have 3 Phicen 'junker' bodies I use for these things. So I feel less burned by it. The S19 I'm using is stained badly. But the staining isn't that bad as it makes her look battle worn wearing the armor. I found some female gladiator sandals in Ebay I may consider getting for this to complete the look.

As for the HS of the Athena... that was my Hades too. The HS didn't set well and well pop off easily. For mine, I had to use excessive force to get into the peg.

I should add that the HS ball socket sits too deep in the head crevice. If you pop the head completely onto a TBL ball peg, you get the bobble head effect. However, if you use it with the neck armor it prevents that from happening though.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow. Now I’m even less excited for these. Really not looking forward to these now. Going to be a huge waste of money.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 C8485110

shazzdan

shazzdan
Anyone in the EU can send the products back for a full refund even if there is nothing wrong with the product.

desertdragon

desertdragon
Based on how poorly these figures are executed, I reluctantly cancelled my orders for both Athena and Hades, which I hate to do... These would have been my first COO Models pieces, but now I will be sure to avoid them like the plague in the future... I wish companies would realize that every figure they produce is an ambassador to a potential new customer... I remember buying Phicen / TBL's Demon Huntress - I had zero experience with seamless body figures before that, and I was using her as my introduction to Phicen / TBL... She was (and still is) absolutely amazing and flawlessly executed, and a dozen TBL figures later I am still a dedicated customer of theirs... At this point the only figure makers I trust are TBL, Hot Toys, Very Cool , and Damtoys...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It’s unfortunate, as COOModel have made some other decent products in the past, but I definitely don’t blame people for being turned off by these, specifically.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
desertdragon wrote:Based on how poorly these figures are executed, I reluctantly cancelled my orders for both Athena and Hades, which I hate to do... These would have been my first COO Models pieces, but now I will be sure to avoid them like the plague in the future... I wish companies would realize that every figure they produce is an ambassador to a potential new customer... I remember buying Phicen / TBL's Demon Huntress - I had zero experience with seamless body figures before that, and I was using her as my introduction to Phicen / TBL... She was (and still is) absolutely amazing and flawlessly executed, and a dozen TBL figures later I am still a dedicated customer of theirs... At this point the only figure makers I trust are TBL, Hot Toys, Very Cool , and Damtoys...

To be fair, though, TBL — when they were Phicen — and still making their figures with plastic skeletons, had a lot of problems (not least of which was parts snapping in half — and not just at joints. The skeleton just wasn’t strong enough to support all that silicone, and the joints were stiff and ratcheted — which meant having to try to apply careful, yet forceful, pressure to pose them even minimally. Going to a steel skeleton was an absolute godsend, and ingenious, on their part — putting them at the top of the food chain for seamless bodies — not even the almighty HT can compare.

I, personally, agree with your list, and would add Asmus to mine. Xensation can also, at times, put out decent figures.

female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 C8485110

doodlehobby

desertdragon wrote:Based on how poorly these figures are executed, I reluctantly cancelled my orders for both Athena and Hades, which I hate to do... These would have been my first COO Models pieces, but now I will be sure to avoid them like the plague in the future... I wish companies would realize that every figure they produce is an ambassador to a potential new customer... I remember buying Phicen / TBL's Demon Huntress - I had zero experience with seamless body figures before that, and I was using her as my introduction to Phicen / TBL... She was (and still is) absolutely amazing and flawlessly executed, and a dozen TBL figures later I am still a dedicated customer of theirs... At this point the only figure makers I trust are TBL, Hot Toys, Very Cool , and Damtoys...
I'm in the same boat. First and most likely last figure I'll ever get from them. It's a real shame as it has so much potential. But again very poorly executed. I'll still watch their products that interest me, BUT will NOT PO ever again until I see decent reviews first.

skywalkersaga wrote:It’s unfortunate, as COOModel have made some other decent products in the past, but I definitely don’t blame people for being turned off by these, specifically.
Unfortunately they hurt their reputation with this hot mess. As a potential first time buyer, I got burned badly. It's not cheap to begin with either. To show so much disregard and carelessness for these figures (despite having produced decent figures in the past) means their QC/QA is shoddy at best. And to me means stay away from them until they get their act together.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
doodlehobby wrote:Unfortunately they hurt their reputation with this hot mess. As a potential first time buyer, I got burned badly. It's not cheap to begin with either. To show so much disregard and carelessness for these figures (despite having produced decent figures in the past) means their QC/QA is shoddy at best. And to me means stay away from them until they get their act together.

You’ve just described Star Ace, as well.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I POd both of these with Timewalker, so I just fired off a message advising them of the situation, and asking them to investigate on their own. When all the complaints came in about the “Furiosa” figure, their distributor hadn’t yet received their stock from overseas, and they were able to allow cancelations before the ship sailed. I hope that can happen again.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
For sure, I really don’t blame people for never wanting to pre-order something from them again. I feel so badly for everyone who has been disappointed by these, and, in turn, feel disappointed in COOModel for doing this to their customers who trusted them and their reputation enough to take a chance on these figures.

agentghost

agentghost
Wait what?

is this your first Coomodel figure? their Knight figures were consistently bad. Headsculpt/feet/boot broke off during transit. Figures can't stand on their own without a stand due to super heavy metal accessories.

Granted, the Knight design "look" great but I just ate it up since they are the ONLY game in town for Knight figures.

Since no one saying any negatives about CooModel, i thought the board accept it for what it is.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I don’t have any hands-on experience with their actual figures, but I *have* bought a lot of their bodies and never had any major issues with them (for what they were) which why I had the reaction I did.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I received both Athena & Hades yesterday. Really cool figures -- the staining issue is actually easy to fix (I just did the "Mom" job on Hades -- licked the end of my finger and was able to rub off the staining -- which was really only caused by the shield strap that goes across her chest). I used Scotch Tape to pick the lint off the rest of the figures bare extremities. Overall, this piece is cool -- and heavy. Aside from the armored hands and the helmet, everything else is real metal. The details are stunning. And it comes with a nice dynamic figure stand (which again begs the question why the newly announced male figures are more expensive, when the stand they come with isn't half as elaborate as either of the ones that came with these figures). Sucky phone pics:

female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 Img_8158
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 Img_8159
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 Img_8160
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 Img_8161
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 Img_8162
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 Img_8163
female - NEW PRODUCT: COO MODEL X HOMER 1/6th scale PANTHEON - Hades Goddess of the Underworld 12" Figure - Page 2 Img_8164

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
These sets have some gorgeous details. I am a little wary of heavy metal parts, but there is something inherently cool about a hefty set, since it usually goes hand-in-hand with quality. I'm glad you were able to surmount the frequent staining issue with these sets. And even though they are fantasy figures, it is possible to adapt parts of them to something more realistic -- like the Chalcidian helmet I used for the WB AT027 body review.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She looks great here! I’m so glad you ended up liking her. And I still absolutely love that dynamic stand/base, and I’m strongly considering picking up a parted out one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum