OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suitably scaled heads for Phicen S27B

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Suitably scaled heads for Phicen S27B  Empty Suitably scaled heads for Phicen S27B Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:00 am

G

Can anyone recommend some well proportioned head sculpts for the rather petite Phicen S27B?
Some back ground. I will be using the model for molding and casting purposes making bronze sculptures.
The skin tone, hair color and aesthetics are not really that important.
If anyone could provide some suggestions that would be great. Links would be even better.
I'm hoping to spend <$50 US on a head sculpt.

Cheers people appreciate it.

G

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
G wrote:Can anyone recommend some well proportioned head sculpts for the rather petite Phicen S27B? ... I will be using the model for molding and casting purposes making bronze sculptures.
The skin tone, hair color and aesthetics are not really that important.

This is a very good question, given that most female heads out there appear to be designed for the glamazon bodies produced before these. We've discussed some of this in the mini review of the new petite TBLeague bodies HERE. I do not have nearly as many female heads as others, and I have not kept good records as to which one is which, but here are a bunch that seem to work decently well with this most petite new body, S27B (or for that matter its even paler version, S26A). Since you said skin tone and other factors are of no importance, there are several possible options. You can probably cut them up and see how they would look on the body in a graphics design program. I have numbered the heads simply so that we can refer to them. Hopefully others can add more information or correct any errors I make below. So if you have something you want to pursue, ask, and hopefully others can give you more info. Most (except anything by Hot Toys or things much sought after and hard to find) would be below $50.

Suitably scaled heads for Phicen S27B  Headsf10

1 is from the VTS (Virtual Toys) Wasteland Ranger set (Furiosa)
2 is Ada Wong from Hot Toys
3 is from a Phicen/TBLeague set? (Tomoe?)
4 is Furiosa from Kumik *note inside neck connector might require modification
5 is also a Kumik *note inside neck connector might require modification
6 is from Kimi Toys (I think)
7 likewise (same head, different hair)
8 is from YM Toys?
9 is from the Painkiller Jane set by Phicen/TBLeague
10 is from a Ghost in the Shell set by ThreeZero?
11 is a Jyn Erso from Hot Toys
12 is a knockoff of the same
13 is a Black Widow from Hot Toys (or possibly a modified version?)

Anyway, hope this helps.

G

Thanks a lot for the detailed and informative post GubernatorFan. Given the excellent information you have provided, I have a plethora of questions.

I had a look at the post you suggested and this got me thinking perhaps I will sell the S27B body and get something with more readily available head sculpts.

What are the glamazon bodies? Does this refer to the 2017 S18-S22 series of bodies or even earlier? With respect to scale, are the majority of head sculpts suited to a particular generation of Phicen bodies? I could easily use one of the S18-S22 bodies if they are easier to get well proportioned head sculpts.

I really appreciate the time taken to reply and put together that quality image of the body and head sculpts. I will have a look tonight and see what might work for this particular project.

Thanks again mate

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Nice Heads, GF!
#2 is HT Ada Wong, red shirt version
#9 is Phicen Painkiller Jane... i kinda see more of Charlize in Jane than those Furiosa ones.

G

rollotomasi wrote:Nice Heads, GF!
#2 is HT Ada Wong, red shirt version
#9 is Phicen Painkiller Jane... i kinda see more of Charlize in Jane than those Furiosa ones.

Cheers rollo this helps.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
G wrote:Thanks a lot for the detailed and informative post GubernatorFan. Given the excellent information you have provided, I have a plethora of questions.
I had a look at the post you suggested and this got me thinking perhaps I will sell the S27B body and get something with more readily available head sculpts.
What are the glamazon bodies? Does this refer to the 2017 S18-S22 series of bodies or even earlier? With respect to scale, are the majority of head sculpts suited to a particular generation of Phicen bodies? I could easily use one of the S18-S22 bodies if they are easier to get well proportioned head sculpts.
I really appreciate the time taken to reply and put together that quality image of the body and head sculpts. I will have a look tonight and see what might work for this particular project.
Thanks again mate

You are very welcome. The S17-S23 bodies are taller, the S24-25 bodies are in the middle, and the S26-27 bodies are the shortest. The As and Bs in the model number generally refer to pale or suntan skin tone. Since you have one of the most petite bodies, a good head size match would be fairly complicated. With the exception of the occasional jointed or boxed set body, the female bodies that have been most common in this scale tend to be a bit on the taller side (like S17-S23) and they might be the easiest ones to match with a head in terms of proportions. Then again some heads, like the Furiosa ones, would look too small on them. So you really have to work out what works best for yourself.

rollotomasi wrote:Nice Heads, GF!

Thanks, rollotomasi. And also thanks for the correction -- I seem to always confuse Mercy Dante and Painkiller Jane, perhaps in part because I don't own the actual boxed set, just the head.

Peaches

Peaches
@GubernatorFan can you tell me if the back of the head comes off the Mercy Dante head (#9?) I'd want to change her hair Very Happy But she is perfect for a smaller character I'd like to build with the new smallest body Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Peaches wrote:@GubernatorFan can you tell me if the back of the head comes off the Mercy Dante head (#9?)  I'd want  to change her hair Very Happy  But she is perfect for a smaller character I'd like to build with the new smallest body Smile

The back of the head does not come off and the hair is rooted. If you want to remove it, you'd have to yank it out or more likely cut/shave it. Then you can glue on other hair of your choice.

Peaches

Peaches
GubernatorFan wrote:
Peaches wrote:@GubernatorFan can you tell me if the back of the head comes off the Mercy Dante head (#9?)  I'd want  to change her hair Very Happy  But she is perfect for a smaller character I'd like to build with the new smallest body Smile

The back of the head does not come off and the hair is rooted. If you want to remove it, you'd have to yank it out or more likely cut/shave it. Then you can glue on other hair of your choice.

Awesome, thank you for the info Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum