OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Place to Call Home

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

21A Place to Call Home - Page 2 Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:59 pm

DeltaForceChung

That is so FAB!

All you need once it's completed is a 1:6 female figure that resembles Sigourney Weaver wearing skimpy bikini panties and a tank top being menaced by a 1:6 xenomorph inside the module.

Wink Razz

A Place to Call Home - Page 2 080p-alien-narc_zps7d0bfe6a

22A Place to Call Home - Page 2 Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:59 am

brassco

Inspiring! I hoped your dog wouldn't poke around, thinking you built a house for him!

23A Place to Call Home - Page 2 Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:34 am

blackpool

that's one cool build! Really love the attention given to every detail, thanks for sharing!!!

24A Place to Call Home - Page 2 Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:24 pm

dadrab

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Invasion of the Martian Space Beast...

Run!
A Place to Call Home - Page 2 Img_5417

Good on you for taking him in. Seems happy (if not a little confused...).

25A Place to Call Home - Page 2 Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:01 pm

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
scalawag wrote:Thats great mate, I love all the little details and especially those peg boards, inspired!!!

shazzdan wrote:As usual, the progress pics are far more interesting than the finished project.

peter the painter wrote:Clever and resourceful building, the results look great.

Cheers,

Peter.

Ephiane wrote:Great Mars Module ! Love Your Work !

ReverendSpooky wrote:
Pontiacivan wrote:
I get the circuit boards on eBay. That size was 10 for $8. I actually buy them for circuit boards, but I've been thinking how cool they would be as peg boards. I just ordered some larger ones to use just for dioramas.
May need to steal that idea for an upcoming garage project.  Thanks for the heads up.

Pontiacivan wrote:The corrugated sheets came in a book of 20 from Hobby Lobby.
Just FYI, I got a giant roll of it from staples.  I believe it's intended for packing.  Just in case you ever need a continuous sheet of it for anything.  

Pontiacivan wrote:Only one of the Pugs has dared to enter. Shebrought a toy in, took a nap and lost interest. The guy in the picture is a rescue. He was abandoned for three weeks in a vacant apartment. Luckily a neighbor had a key and was feeding him. As a result, he's never far from my shadow. We've been good for each other.
Man, that's terrible.  You're a good dude Pontiacivan.  Seriously. I'm glad that story had a happy ending.  I bet that little guy is happy as hell now.

onesixthwarrior wrote:This is so cool, and filled with such neat details. I see that even on Mars, workbenches tend to get cluttered (with cool details).

DeltaForceChung wrote:That is so FAB!

All you need once it's completed is a 1:6 female figure that resembles Sigourney Weaver wearing skimpy bikini panties and a tank top being menaced by a 1:6 xenomorph inside the module.

Wink Razz

A Place to Call Home - Page 2 080p-alien-narc_zps7d0bfe6a

brassco wrote:Inspiring! I hoped your dog wouldn't poke around, thinking you built a house for him!

blackpool wrote:that's one cool build! Really love the attention given to every detail, thanks for sharing!!!

dadrab wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Invasion of the Martian Space Beast...

Run!
A Place to Call Home - Page 2 Img_5417

Good on you for taking him in. Seems happy (if not a little confused...).

Thanks to everyone for the kind remarks! I continue to work on the hab, but as much as I love the metal toolbox, it adds too much weight. This building has to be moved around for photoshoots, as I have run out of room for permanent dioramas.
Every dog we have/had is or was a rescue. We can handle as many as 5 , but are currently down to 3. When my wife called about getting Pugsley (he came with his name, they don't always) she said "Sad pug story..."
She never finished, I just asked where to go to get him.
His apparent confusion in the picture is over my descision to work on the building rather than nap with him.
I mean really, why wouldn't I?

26A Place to Call Home - Page 2 Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:48 pm

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
This is one epic piece of 1/6 scratch built goodness! Love how inventive you are with all the details and knick knack stuff! and it's huge!

27A Place to Call Home - Page 2 Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:09 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Massively awesome !
Thanks for sharing !

28A Place to Call Home - Page 2 Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:53 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Pretty awesome. I'v been thinking about doing a Quonset Hut type structure and wondered about how to actually build it. I think I've gotten a lot of ideas just looking at your pics.

29A Place to Call Home - Page 2 Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:08 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Pretty awesome.  I'v been thinking about doing a Quonset Hut type structure and wondered about how to actually build it.  I think I've gotten a lot of ideas just looking at your pics.

Thanks! I often forget to post updates as I work on things. This has come along nicely and it Is holding up better than some previous builds (cough! Space Station!) .
I will try to pull it out in the next few days and shoot some fresh pics.

30A Place to Call Home - Page 2 Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:16 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pontiacivan wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Pretty awesome.  I'v been thinking about doing a Quonset Hut type structure and wondered about how to actually build it.  I think I've gotten a lot of ideas just looking at your pics.

Thanks! I often forget to post updates as I work on things. This has come along nicely and it Is holding up better than some previous builds (cough! Space Station!) .
I will try to pull it out in the next few days and shoot some fresh pics.

Yes, please. Looking forward to it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A Place to Call Home - Page 2 C8485110

31A Place to Call Home - Page 2 Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:24 am

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Superb!!!! But to be honest, when I saw the 2nd pictures....I thought you gonna make a swing bench.... geek

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

32A Place to Call Home - Page 2 Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:54 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Using an old cork/bulletin board as a base is such a great idea....and one I would never have thought of! This whole thing is awesome...wonderful home for your figures. : )

And the pug is adorable. <3

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

33A Place to Call Home - Page 2 Empty Re: A Place to Call Home Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:57 pm

Peaches

Peaches
This is great, especially since I'm planning on something similar, making the firefly ship, Serenity Very Happy I like how you did this! Very nicely done!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum