OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kumik male head sculpts

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1discussion - Kumik male head sculpts  Empty Kumik male head sculpts Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:26 am

MarkEl

I have a few female Kumik head sculpts but have never acquired any of the male ones. They’ve come out with some interesting ones recently.  What are they like in terms of quality?  The colours seem random, but it’s difficult to tell online.  I just don’t see them much outside of eBay being used in set-ups in any of the online collecting groups.  Most have attached necks, so modification would be needed.   Chop, chop.  Opinions on the brand?

#discussion #kumik #male #head

2discussion - Kumik male head sculpts  Empty Re: Kumik male head sculpts Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:41 am

blackpool

blackpool
I won't be of great help, but the few heads I've seen from kumik were looking weird, I had the feeling that some facial features were a bit exagerated, surely to strengthen the likeness with the original person, but a fail to my eyes...

About their bodies, I owned one for about two hours, then trashed it, it was not symetric, finishing was awful, some parts of the leg were bent or distorted from factory, not even mentioning the skin color and the poor casting of hands and feet... The worst I've seen, like ever lol

3discussion - Kumik male head sculpts  Empty Re: Kumik male head sculpts Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:12 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting... Until I read MarkEl's post I didn't even realize they made male heads. Then I looked it up on eBay, and of course they do, and there are plenty. I might even own one or two, will have to check. A few don't have the permanently attached neck. Many look pretty close to who they are supposed to be, and the several political ones (Kennedy, Putin, Trump) look very good -- from what I can see.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2062857.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC0.A0.H0.Xkumik+male+head.TRS0&_nkw=kumik+male+head&_sacat=0

4discussion - Kumik male head sculpts  Empty Re: Kumik male head sculpts Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:36 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I don’t own any of the male HS by them, but having the attached neck shouldn’t be too much of an issue as long as you get one of the bodies out there that doesn’t have one (assuming, of course that the inside connector on the Kumik is standard). However, if the male heads are anything like the females, you know how difficult color matching to the body will be. Like blackpool, I had a Kumik female body, and they are garbage (which is where mine ended up, also), and the skin-tone didn’t even match their own freaking heads. The closest I came to a color match on the females was Phicen’s “Tan” bodies that came with a HS; snagged up a handful of those, but I’ve used them all up. I, too, would like to see someone’s collection that has a bunch of these Kumik (male or female) being used. I presume Asian collectors must be buying them, otherwise I don’t see how they can continue to stay in business.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

discussion - Kumik male head sculpts  C8485110

5discussion - Kumik male head sculpts  Empty Re: Kumik male head sculpts Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:11 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Is Kumik the company whose (female) head sculpts tend to be a bit on the orange side? As for the joined head-and-neck, that is a problem if you need to use a jointed muscle body or a seamless body -- unless the material is PVC, in which case you can easily remove the neck (a lot harder if it is resin).

6discussion - Kumik male head sculpts  Empty Re: Kumik male head sculpts Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:56 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yes. Kumik’s are the orange/yellow ones.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

discussion - Kumik male head sculpts  C8485110

7discussion - Kumik male head sculpts  Empty Re: Kumik male head sculpts Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:10 pm

Spyder

Spyder
I have the one that resembles Conor McGregor. It's quite noticeably larger than other 1:6 heads. The paint app are great actually.

8discussion - Kumik male head sculpts  Empty Re: Kumik male head sculpts Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:13 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Don't have one of their sculpts that I know of, but I'm rather impressed by the John Lennon sculpt seen on ebay. Of course, Lennon's glasses might prove to be a problem and the sculpts don't seem to come with them.

9discussion - Kumik male head sculpts  Empty Re: Kumik male head sculpts Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:04 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Shame that Lennon and McCartney aren't the same age.

CHEERS!

10discussion - Kumik male head sculpts  Empty Re: Kumik male head sculpts Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:02 am

MarkEl

Thanks all for the useful feedback. I should just take the plunge and order one.  @Sypder, yes I was thinking of the Conor McGregor one perhaps. Good to know it’s scaled large.

@GF, Stryker, Blackpool, that’s right, the females are an orangish colour that is close but not exact to the various Phicen ‘tans’.  I also found them a bit small scaled as well as had to do a head insert modification to get it to sit at the correct level.  The material was one of the nastiest I’ve ever had to Dremel out.  Definite mask if not respirator needed. I feel a bit ‘meh’ on the female sculpts, so I wasn’t sure on the males.

@rogerbee, they beat Molecule8 or whatever it’s called to market.

11discussion - Kumik male head sculpts  Empty Re: Kumik male head sculpts Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:06 am

MarkEl

Kumik mod on Emily Kinney (Beth from TWD). I just drilled out the entire cavity to get the result I needed. Not keen on their hair pieces either. No way the included blue tack is going to hold that tightly without seams . Trimmed and glued instead.
discussion - Kumik male head sculpts  66f35010

12discussion - Kumik male head sculpts  Empty Re: Kumik male head sculpts Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:17 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Molecule8's is unlikely ever to see the market, they've stalled more times than an old Skoda engine!

Great mod by the way, I wouldn't have the guts to do that!

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum