OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

21film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:25 pm

BAD WOLF-787

Great looking figures and photos blackpool.

22film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:58 pm

ReverendSpooky

Great photos and figures. Your backgrounds always look spot on, and I especially love the Lethal Weapon pics with the palm trees and the Hollywood sign. And the shallow depth of field on the Terminator hand looks perfect.

MarkEl wrote:That mullet takes me right back to the era like a time machine. So cool.  

Holy crap, that's totally it! I couldn't agree more.

http://reverendspooky.com

23film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:28 pm

blackpool

GubernatorFan wrote:Beautiful shots and great figures. Thanks for posting. For the record, I only remember the Daniel Craig ones from before.

Thanks mate! You mised a large portion of my collection then, I will have yo post more of my old stuff!

Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks for sharing. Nice collection. I wish I would have gotten that Danny Glover before they all disappeared.

Thanks! I grabbed him for less than 100$ it was on sale at kghobby, except the tie and pistol that are crappy quality, the rest is solid! It includes two heads, one netural and one battle damaged, the suit tailoring is really well done, with magnet to close the vest.
For Riggs I went with the redmantoys set, applied on a coo model body, even cheaper than murtaugh!

scalawag wrote:I love those Lethal Weapon figures, one of my favourite series of films and great to see the characters from it in 1/6.  they do all look great, a really good collection.

Thanks a lot! that's one of my favorite serie of movies too from that era, along with die hard and the berverly hills cop (I wish they released a real eddie murphy head, laughing hard or with an ultrabrite smile lol)

dadrab wrote:It truly is a good collection. Like scalawag, I really like the Gibson and Glover figures

Thanks a lot mate! Much appreciated!

DeltaForceChung wrote:These never go out of style.

And yet I'm too old for this shit lol

GubernatorFan wrote:I got the Mel Gibson but was disappointed by a stain on the face straight out of the box; so I missed out on the Glover figure and now regret it.

Damn sorry to hear that... I remember the box being quite slim but all filled with grey foam on my murtaugh, I don't remember any plastic wrap protections tho...

Stryker2011 wrote:I bought Mel's clothes as a set loose, but got a custom HS off the Freaks (just need to find someone to paint it). Hopefully a new Glover will come along and we'll be able to snag one.

That must be a great Riggs with a custom HS! There are some talented painters on osw some already moved here, pretty sure you can find a good artist for your headsculpt!

Rogerbee wrote:That Mel is better than the Wildwork one, but still not dead on. There was a nice William Wallace done that would work with a repaint and a haircut. That Danny Glover is stellar though, be nice to have one without a tache for Harrigan.

CHEERS!

AGreed! And honestly if I could go with rooted hair on each figure, I would! Seeing some custom artists doing that, it's really what brings a headsculpt to the ultimate level of realism (just it's rarely well done, I just had diarrhea just seeing the newest black widow from hot toys)

MarkEl wrote:@blackpool, really enjoyed your photos. The posing and composition are spot on.  I especially like the Lethal Weapon Mel.  That mullet takes me right back to the era like a time machine. So cool.  

Haha thanks a lot! I concurr I had that hairstyle myself when I was a kid lmao

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:Great looking figures and photos blackpool.

Many thanks mate!

ReverendSpooky wrote:Great photos and figures.  Your backgrounds always look spot on, and I especially love the Lethal Weapon pics with the palm trees and the Hollywood sign.  And the shallow depth of field on the Terminator hand looks perfect.  

Thanks a lot! These were the first time I actually used a real green backdrop to ease the selections during the edit, so the digital background blended really well (sadly my cat ruined that panel like freddy krueger doing modern art)

One last shot from my childhood police legends!

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Cops

24film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:58 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Nice group shot. I'm still trying to figure out how to weather/bloody up slightly the T-shirt for my McClane.

25film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:07 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool police figures group. And another great background. Declaw that cat.

26film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:38 pm

blackpool

blackpool
quick update, Ryan Gosling from "Drive", and the Brangelina couple from "Mr & Mrs Smith"

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 DSC_1659

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 DSC_1666

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 DSC_1720

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 DSC_1750

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Mrampmrssmith

27film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:12 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Also, really nailed the lighting on that Drive pic.  Great movie, and love that figure.  I think I might have said this to you before, but your pics sell me on it more than their promo pics.

http://reverendspooky.com

28film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:51 pm

shazzdan

shazzdan
Don't like any of the Mel Gibson headsculpts.

29film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:58 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like the Drive photos. Perfect lighting and mood. Although less artsy, Brangelina works too Smile

30film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Fri May 18, 2018 7:29 am

blackpool

blackpool
ReverendSpooky wrote:Also, really nailed the lighting on that Drive pic.  Great movie, and love that figure.  I think I might have said this to you before, but your pics sell me on it more than their promo pics.

Thanks a lot! In fact my figure is more a kitbash than the BBK out of the box, I swaped the head for the neckless one from DID, mounted the whole thing on a muscluar body, changed the blue jeans for a pair from poptoys. I actually grabbed the BBK set just for the jacket, it is really well tailored and the scorpion is very nicely made, I had asked for a custom one in the past, the pricing was absolutely ridiculous (over 300$ without shipping)

shazzdan wrote:Don't like any of the Mel Gibson headsculpts.

Gotta agree there a not a perfect Mel Gibson headsculpt yet, I think the problem also comes from us, we have a vision of an actor/actress through various movies, past n present, mixed with their real life actual face we see in the papers, the result is impossible to capture on a single headsculpt. In Mel's case, just from lethal weapon 1 to 3, his face changed a lot, years pass lol
I surprised myself recently while checking the Matrix Neo figure announced by hot toys, I was like "damn it's not keanu reeves at all"... Two hours and a movie later, in fact the likeness is very solid with his specific appearance in that unique movie.

GubernatorFan wrote:I like the Drive photos. Perfect lighting and mood. Although less artsy, Brangelina works too Smile

Thanks a lot bro! I took some time to edit one of these shots and add a LA background!

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 DRV_18

31film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Fri May 18, 2018 7:34 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
And now it looks epic. Given how others misuse that word, I'm sure it's more than justified. Smile

32film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Fri May 18, 2018 7:36 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool looking. That's probably the best Gosling HS I've seen so far. And how did I miss your Mr. & Mrs. Smith. That's awesome. I never would have thought of doing them from that scene.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 C8485110

33film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Fri May 18, 2018 7:46 am

blackpool

blackpool
@Stryker, thanks a lot for the kind words! ANgelina is not very accurate, but it was a lot fo fun to set their wrecked house lol. Agreed on Ryan Gosling, I have the bbk, an attached neck one from DID too I think, and that neckless one.

@gubernator Thanks a lot bro!!! btw there is no photoshop magic other than the background, the head miraculously sits on the neck perfectly and it's a 99% color match with ZC muscular clone bodies.

More past works, David Dunn the "local" hero from Unbreakable by Night Shyamalan... It's surely my cheapest kitbash ever, all you need is a bruce willis head (headplay one here), a baseball cap, a vietnam war US poncho, and voila!

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Unbreakable_01

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Unbreakable_02

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Unbreakable_03

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Unbreakable_04

Just as easy but I couldn't resist cause the character is badass as f***, here is my try at John Wick, in the two variants of his iconic black suit. Headsculpt is from el1ev1en, I am happily surprised everytime by the quality of their work.

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Johnwick_01

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Johnwick_02

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Johnwick_03

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Johnwick_04

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Johnwick_05

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Johnwick_06

And in action, based on one of the first fight scenes occuring the first movie...

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Johnwick_07

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Johnwick_08

34film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Fri May 18, 2018 7:53 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Excellent. They may be easy to bash, but it’s the posing and effects in your photos that really brings them to life. Bravo!

35film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Fri May 18, 2018 7:54 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I second that (what Stryker said). Without wishing to discount effort and originality in any way, much of the quality of a kitbash lies in its basic appearance.

36film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Fri May 18, 2018 11:14 pm

ZombieKev

Really love the shots.  The John Wick ones are so cool.

37film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Sat May 19, 2018 9:24 pm

brassco

brassco
How did you do it? Green screen?
I've got some movie characters to share too! Can I put them here, or do a new posting?

38film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Sat May 19, 2018 9:48 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
brassco wrote:I've got some movie characters to share too! Can I put them here,  or do a new posting?

I think this is a specifically blackpool thread; why don't you start your own movie characters thread?

39film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Mon May 21, 2018 9:06 pm

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Beautiful pics, love the rain effects! You create a wonderfully atmospheric scene with each shot.

40film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Tue May 22, 2018 10:01 am

dadrab

dadrab
Dude, I'm a large fan of your photos, but the thing that makes your figures all the more dear to me is that (as you said early on in this thread) most of them are from films that helped shape who you are.

I'm a big believer in not forgetting what made us who we turn out to be.

Perhaps that's why your photos are so captivating. They deserve great care and you give it to them.

41film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu May 24, 2018 12:11 pm

blackpool

blackpool
Stryker2011 wrote:Excellent. They may be easy to bash, but it’s the posing and effects in your photos that really brings them to life. Bravo!

Thanks a lot for the kind words, really appreciated Smile thank you:

GubernatorFan wrote:I second that (what Stryker said). Without wishing to discount effort and originality in any way, much of the quality of a kitbash lies in its basic appearance.

Thanks a lot GF! I agree, most of my kitbashes are very simple but so are the heroes I love, the movie industry has proved that a guy in a black suit can be as badass as the ultimate scifi war robot.

ZombieKev wrote:Really love the shots.  The John Wick ones are so cool.

Thanks a lot!

brassco wrote:How did you  do it? Green screen?
I've got some movie characters to share too! Can I put them here,  or do a new posting?

It depends on the shot, for the John wick the only "cgi" is the blood and fire effect on the weapon, otherwise the set is built in my bathroom with three ikea shelves and stickable LED spots here n there lmao
Like Gubernator said it might be better to open your own thread to keep track of your past posts and get a growing gallery, that's what I try to do except for very "unique" figures, I tend to regroup my posts  (that way I miss less discussions lol)

tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Beautiful pics, love the rain effects! You create a wonderfully atmospheric scene with each shot.

Thanks a lot for the kind words, you guys (n gals) are too cool and kind! Thank you!

dadrab wrote:Dude, I'm a large fan of your photos, but the thing that makes your figures all the more dear to me is that (as you said early on in this thread) most of them are from films that helped shape who you are.
I'm a big believer in not forgetting what made us who we turn out to be.
Perhaps that's why your photos are so captivating. They deserve great care and you give it to them.

Wow that is surely the best compliment I have ever read about my pics, it goes straight to my heart, really, it means a lot as you pointed exactly how I feel about the hobby, and how I got into it actually. I couldn't thank you enough for these words, humble bow Smile

Now pictures, cause it's getting too emotional here lol!

Less iconic than LA confidential for sure but I really enjoyed that movie, here is my early take at the "gangster squad" team (whih makes me realize we strongly need a good josh brolin headsculpt)

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Gangstersquad_01

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Gangstersquad_02

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Gangstersquad_03

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Gangstersquad_04

And another very simple kitbash, yet it is one of my favorite movie character, Butch Coolidge from Pulp Fiction

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Pulpfiction_03

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Pulpfiction_04

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Pulpfiction_07

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Pulpfiction_08

42film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu May 24, 2018 12:19 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice additions! And I second that (we need a good Josh Brolin head sculpt).

43film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Fri May 25, 2018 5:05 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
Great Poses and photograpie at all the characters !

44film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:43 am

blackpool

blackpool
Thanks for the cool feedback friends!

Sorry I was away for some vacations down south of my country, a bit more sunshine, and some sandy shores, but finally back in town, and to work... ewwwww!

I just reworked my Martin Riggs from Lethal Weapon to match his look in the second movie, he's not wearing that iconinc football jacket as much as in my memories so I add to do something lol...

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Lethalweapon_10

And after playing a little with my straitjacketed hannibal lecter, I thought it would be fun to recreate the funny sequence in lethal weapon 2 with riggs gambling with fellow police officers on how fast he could escape a straitjacket... From my childhood I always had a lot of admiration for this whacky character!

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Lethalweapon_06

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Lethalweapon_07

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Lethalweapon_08

film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Lethalweapon_09

Hope you'll like!

45film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:50 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like! The choice of elements and the richness of the backgrounds, objects, and figures really give your scenes an almost real-life quality.

46film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:10 am

blackpool

blackpool
Thanks a lot my friend! I confess I invested in some "police station" equipment with all the cops I have in my collection lol, so I recently purchased the phone, and a metal tryping machine, as well as the wooden desk.

I built the partition wall from movie screenshots to match a bit more the original scene Smile

47film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:57 pm

dadrab

dadrab
Those photos are 'effin' awesome. Lot's of familiar faces in the crowd, too.

I seriously dig your work.

48film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:40 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really cool. Well done dio and posing. I wish I could have gotten that Murtaugh when it came out. I have a custom Martin HS waiting to be painted, but for some reason the artist never got around to Roger.

49film - Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hollywood Boulevard (US movie icons) Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:53 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Danny Glover and the blue lighted John Wick Scenes are my favorites! And the Arnie face with the glasses.

I wonder what you would do with Clint Eastwood and Al Pacino. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum