OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight001_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight002_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight003_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight004_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight005_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight006_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight007_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight008_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight009_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight010_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight011_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight012_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight013_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight014_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight015_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight016_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight017_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight018_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight019_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight020_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight021_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight022_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight023_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight024_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight025_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight026_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight027_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight028_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight029_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight030_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight031_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight032_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight033_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight034_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight035_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight036_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight037_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight038_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight039_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight040_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight041_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight042_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight043_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight044_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight045_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight046_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight047_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight048_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight049_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight050_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight051_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight052_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight053_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight054_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight055_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight056_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight057_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight058_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight059_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight060_orig

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons Movienight061_orig

Sometimes you find some random 1/6 accessories that are so cool, you want to do a photoshoot just to have a chance to play with them and show them off. And in this case, I was also inspired to do some fun custom work to go along with them.

​The amazing VHS tapes and VCR are from this great Etsy store:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/donkavitch

As soon as I saw, I knew I need some, and I knew I needed to do a custom tape cover. The 3D print look actually captures perfectly the VHS tape texture. I have ideas for a few more covers, so you'll be seeing them pop up. They have a bunch of other cool retro accessories in 1/6 and 1/12, and totally worth checking out their store.

At this point, I’ve bought a few things from JSTinyCreations, but this microwave was the 1st I've had the chance to photograph, and I’m absolutely in love with it. Great details and actually lights up when opened! Top quality on everything I've gotten, and they too have just a ton of great and unusual 1/6 and 1/12 accessories, especially for dioramas.

Check out their store at https://www.etsy.com/shop/JSTinyCreations and Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/jstinycreations/

Which obviously means I had to make some microwave popcorn.

So all these elements just had to come together in a House of Seasons movie night. Hope you enjoyed!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The relaxed domesticity of the scene lends so much charm, as does the typical Spooky lived-in look. The before and after shots of the popcorn and the custom Radio Kings tape cover were particularly fetching. Great job as always. And it's nice to see you back, sharing, and commenting.

Nekk-ra

Your set pieces are always a delight to look at, so rich and lived-in, with no detail spared.
I will admit, I was expecting a Samara (The Ring) cameo at the end, especially after highlighting your new VHS props. But you'd probably have something far more terrifying crawl out of a TV set.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
GubernatorFan wrote:The relaxed domesticity of the scene lends so much charm, as does the typical Spooky lived-in look. The before and after shots of the popcorn and the custom Radio Kings tape cover were particularly fetching. Great job as always. And it's nice to see you back, sharing, and commenting.

Thanks so much Guv! Feels good to be back, and hopefully a lot more often. I had a lot of fun doing the Radio Kings cover, so glad you enjoyed!

Nekk-ra wrote:Your set pieces are always a delight to look at, so rich and lived-in, with no detail spared.
I will admit, I was expecting a Samara (The Ring) cameo at the end, especially after highlighting your new VHS props. But you'd probably have something far more terrifying crawl out of a TV set.

Thanks so much Nekk-ra! Yeah, in this case their resident haunting decided to join them for the movie instead of crawling out of the TV (which would have been rude once the movie started). Although now I kinda want to give Lorelei her Ring moment...

I've actually been thinking a lot about VHS tapes in the House of Seasons world, and the idea of analog technologies picking up and capturing certain interdimensional bleed, crossed over signals from other places, especially in liminal spaces. Maybe the subject of a future photo shoot...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Always a treat to see a new ReverendSpooky post!!! Your way posing the figures and composing the scenes is ever-impressive. The visual storytelling is everything. And of course the set/diorama is an always absolute feast for the eyes. It is definitely especially cozy and charming in its House of Season iterations.

And I'm totally in love with the fact that Radio Kings are a movie in the HoS 'verse!!! Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons 1f60d

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
skywalkersaga wrote:Always a treat to see a new ReverendSpooky post!!!  Your way posing the figures and composing the scenes is ever-impressive. The visual storytelling is everything.  And of course the set/diorama is an always absolute feast for the eyes. It is definitely especially cozy and charming in its House of Season iterations.

And I'm totally in love with the fact that Radio Kings are a movie in the HoS 'verse!!!  Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons 1f60d

Thanks you so much Sky!!!! I had a lot of fun with this one. And I figured, Radio Kings needs to be a movie in SOME world. If not this one, why not HoS?

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very Happy , Well Adam you're away for ages and then shoot back with an absolute master class, not only in posing, but set building too! Dave and I have often compare you to our friend MiskatonicNick, in the aspect that you have this terrific knack of making figures look not only natural, but like they are genuinely having fun too! and this latest offering from House of seasons proves it!
The attention to detail for the set is top drawer! so many things to look at and pick out! Loving the rock band flyer on the fridge by the way, I spotted the Faithless Angels on there Very Happy .
Your girls look to be having a real fun fueled night, and when they all relax on the sofa to watch the movie, it completes the whole scene.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Holy Cow ! Your Set is so amazing. I can spend some days to watch all the little details. I totaly agree, always seeing some stuff that is worth to place it in a 1:6 set and do some pictures. Aww... the radio kings. Long time ago they driven away into the sunset Crying or Very sad I hope they will return one day. What a great Idea to show a working TV in your scene. Your Chicken coop is so great, so many lovely Characters. I never forget the drunken brawl You showed to us. Laughing. Posing masterclass

Ovy

Ovy
Aha, a mighty picture storm descended upon us, and his reverence graces us with his presence! Razz

Beautiful homely atmosphere, all those items make it so liveable there. And the shoes lines always makes them feel so welcome. You could make close up shots of only all the shoes lined up.

I like those cat interactions.

It totally makes sense for Isblomma to wear that tracksuit. It's not only stylish, but her horns won't get in it's way too. I have this friend, she wears a red tracksuit on raves to look more 'anti social', haha. Really need to get one too.

The light up microwave is a great feature.

Delia and Thornapple turn into fridge magnets.

I like how Lorelei descends like a sneaky spider.

Have you tried switching off the lamps, leaving the TV as only light source? That's the way I prefer having cinematic experiences at home. Would be fun when they are watching a Japanese horror movie in the dark and actually realize Lorelei has been standing ther all the time.

I guess the dudes are all gone doing manly things like making fires and fishing sharks and hunting monsters and barbecuing them with a lot of beer?

This is my favourite shot, looks like a preacher/teacher lecturing on some holy book. Or a cult leader in front of a cult TV.

Chip

This is just off the scale ! So realistic , the popcorn sequence is genius . I can see people coming back to view this over and over again . Inspiring work .

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy, you crack me up every time (which is almost a pun on your name, by the way!) -- cult leader/preacher holding up videotape. By the way, the good Reverend inspired me to check out those Etsy shops, and make some purchases (though I got sidetracked into other things too). Enablers! Smile But it is a testimony to you (Rev in this case) as a source of inspiration.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow...!

That took some time to digest, as always. Love it, Adam. The naturalistic posing of all your characters is so mind-bogglingly real its uncanny. I love that they're all watching The Radio Kings "movie". Neat accessories, and thanks for the links. You always manage to come back with a bang with each long-overdue visit, Brother. Amazing stuff.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons C8485110

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
The king has returned!!! 🤯 The anticipation has been killing me, I knew when you finally resurfaced it would be with a big bang. That massive legendary loft diorama is as beautiful and detailed as ever, and your further additions to the setup with all the new customized props make it all the more complex and believable - just a staggering level of detail to get lost in for hours. That Etsy artist's contributions are top notch; the hint of a Radio King crossover/multiverse in this way was implemented in such an ingenious way, that VHS cover/back and the TV screen captures is so well done and a nice nod to your other series we have not seen in a while. This was the same loft we first saw Saint Crow and his comrades inhabiting so long ago, right? So the idea of the two universes viewing each other through parallel realities or something of that nature is quite a fun concept, like mind-bending Black Mirror level possibilities.

All the girls look great and living it up as usual, and of course I appreciate that barrage of rear view posing in the beginning. The intimate scenes are captured really well too. Now, to touch on Ovy's statement, we see what the Girls Nights are like - I have to wonder what kind of adventures the bro squad is getting into! Perhaps we will find out in another installment, can't wait to see if you go that route!!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
BAMComix wrote:Very Happy , Well Adam you're away for ages and then shoot back with an absolute master class, not only in posing, but set building too! Dave and I have often compare you to our friend MiskatonicNick, in the aspect that you have this terrific knack of making figures look not only natural, but like they are genuinely having fun too! and this latest offering from House of seasons proves it!
The attention to detail for the set is top drawer! so many things to look at and pick out! Loving the rock band flyer on the fridge by the way, I spotted the Faithless Angels on there Very Happy .
Your girls look to be having a real fun fueled night, and when they all relax on the sofa to watch the movie, it completes the whole scene.

Thank you!!!  I remember when you originally sent me Nick's work, and it really was inspiring.  Tons tons of detail and personality, something I'm always aspiring to.  I think I sent you and Dave the flyer files, right?  Yeah, those will definitely continue to pop up around the House of Seasons world.

Ephiane wrote:Holy Cow ! Your Set is so amazing. I can spend some days to watch all the little details. I totaly agree, always seeing some stuff that is worth to place it in a 1:6 set and do some pictures. Aww... the radio kings. Long time ago they driven away into the sunset Crying or Very sad I hope they will return one day. What a great Idea to show a working TV in your scene. Your Chicken coop is so great, so many lovely Characters. I never forget the drunken brawl You showed to us. Laughing. Posing masterclass

Thank you Ephiane!!!  Yeah, there are so many random props, both bought and made, that just feel like they need their own photos shoots.  I have a ton more I'm dying to share, both for House of Seasons and Radio Kings.  In fact, we really are long overdue for a Radio Kings shoot.  I'm still so thrilled you enjoyed Krysa's fight scene.  I maybe overdue to return to some more violent action as well...

Ovy wrote:Aha, a mighty picture storm descended upon us, and his reverence graces us with his presence! Razz

Beautiful homely atmosphere, all those items make it so liveable there. And the shoes lines always makes them feel so welcome. You could make close up shots of only all the shoes lined up.

I like those cat interactions.

It totally makes sense for Isblomma to wear that tracksuit. It's not only stylish, but her horns won't get in it's way too. I have this friend, she wears a red tracksuit on raves to look more 'anti social', haha. Really need to get one too.

The light up microwave is a great feature.

Delia and Thornapple turn into fridge magnets.

I like how Lorelei descends like a sneaky spider.

Have you tried switching off the lamps, leaving the TV as only light source? That's the way I prefer having cinematic experiences at home. Would be fun when they are watching a Japanese horror movie in the dark and actually realize Lorelei has been standing ther all the time.

I guess the dudes are all gone doing manly things like making fires and fishing sharks and hunting monsters and barbecuing them with a lot of beer?

This is my favourite shot, looks like a preacher/teacher lecturing on some holy book. Or a cult leader in front of a cult TV.

Ah, thank you so much Ovy!!!  Growing up (and still today), I always kinda associate everyone's shoes all gathered with having everyone together.  And how people treat the cats when they come over is truly how I judge character.

Isblomma is the most physically active of the group, so I liked the idea of her having a more sporty fashion sense, which is a fun contrast to the dark and gothic imagery often associated with the House of Winter.  I also try to always plan her outfits around her horns, and I've been giving a lot of thought to designing some new shirts for her with that in mind.  So I love that you noticed that.  And I so appreciate your friend's anti-fashion statement.  

I freakin love that microwave, and everything else I've picked up from that seller.  They really do some amazing work with a lot of unusual accessories, and I keep going back for more.  

Fridge magnets! There is definitely some magnetic attraction involved...

So glad Lorelei's entrance went over well. Ghosts do just sorta keep their own schedule.

Now I really want to try a shot with just the tv light, or at least try to capture that feel!  I actually wish I'd thought of it before.  But challenge accepted!

Where are the guys anyway?  Victims of a lack of seating, or me not wanting to juggle even more characters to pose in this shoot?  I think the canon reason may be that Delia and Thornapple have already made them watch this favorite film too many times already.  Corbin often work late too.  Although maybe I need to another shoot covering what they are up to this same night...?

And that shot is pretty much how how I host a movie night as well, preaching the gospel of some some obscure cinematic masterpiece.

Chip wrote:This is just off the scale ! So realistic , the popcorn sequence is genius . I can see people coming back to view this over and over again . Inspiring work .

Thanks you Chip!!!  The popcorn was so fun to figure out how to make too, and I love how it came out.  So glad you enjoyed!

GubernatorFan wrote:Ovy, you crack me up every time (which is almost a pun on your name, by the way!) -- cult leader/preacher holding up videotape. By the way, the good Reverend inspired me to check out those Etsy shops, and make some purchases (though I got sidetracked into other things too). Enablers! Smile But it is a testimony to you (Rev in this case) as a source of inspiration.

Yeah, That comment is just too good.  And so glad you checked out those shops!  I had a feeling there'd be some stuff on there you could really use.  So happy to be the devil on your shoulder.  JSTinyCreations is so nice too, and they regularly will send me work in progress updates on Instagram as they're printing and assembling my orders.  

Stryker2011 wrote:Wow...!

That took some time to digest, as always. Love it, Adam. The naturalistic posing of all your characters is so mind-bogglingly real its uncanny. I love that they're all watching The Radio Kings "movie". Neat accessories, and thanks for the links. You always manage to come back with a bang with each long-overdue visit, Brother. Amazing stuff.

Thanks so much Stryker!!!  I feels great to be back, and as always, you guys make the experince of sharing my work so rewarding.  So happy you enjoyed!  Some long overdue lifestyle changes, along with what I feel is an upcoming shift from "building mode" to "photo mode" means hopefully I'll a bit more active on here again.  

AlKelAstra91 wrote:The king has returned!!! 🤯 The anticipation has been killing me, I knew when you finally resurfaced it would be with a big bang. That massive legendary loft diorama is as beautiful and detailed as ever, and your further additions to the setup with all the new customized props make it all the more complex and believable - just a staggering level of detail to get lost in for hours. That Etsy artist's contributions are top notch; the hint of a Radio King crossover/multiverse in this way was implemented in such an ingenious way, that VHS cover/back and the TV screen captures is so well done and a nice nod to your other series we have not seen in a while. This was the same loft we first saw Saint Crow and his comrades inhabiting so long ago, right? So the idea of the two universes viewing each other through parallel realities or something of that nature is quite a fun concept, like mind-bending Black Mirror level possibilities.

All the girls look great and living it up as usual, and of course I appreciate that barrage of rear view posing in the beginning. The intimate scenes are captured really well too. Now, to touch on Ovy's statement, we see what the Girls Nights are like - I have to wonder what kind of adventures the bro squad is getting into! Perhaps we will find out in another installment, can't wait to see if you go that route!!

Thank you AlKelAstra!!!  You are 100% right, this set does double duty as Saint Crow's loft as well.  I absolutely love your parallel universe take on it.  We'll have to see if Saint Crow discovers an old House of Seasons tape, salvaged from some ruins.  Probably an long running anime series full of way too much fan-service....  I obviously can't resist attention to certain...  assets...  That said, I'm so glad that moment between Delia and Thornapple worked well.  I think that electricity between them is an important part of their relationship, and I always hope it comes off as tasteful and not gratuitous.  

And I think now I HAVE to show what the guys are up to that night!  Man, the gears are turning...

davidd

davidd
The way Krysa's socks slip down and bunch up around her ankles is at once utterly adorable and somehow intensely sexy! It's also one single detail among hundreds of amazing details that I could mention, each of which serves to bring the setting, the scene, and the characters to engaging life.

But yeah, out of all the stuff going on here, those socks and the microwave popcorn - unpopped and popped - are what blew me away this time around.

And the custom VHS cover! And the authentic blue cast to the video screen image. And the... let's just leave it at the socks, or I'll be typing all night.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Everything is beautiful, that space is amazing. I love all the details.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons 1f60e

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
It's good to see you posting again ReverendSpooky!

I agree with Ephiane amazing looking set and I love all of the little details you have in there!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
davidd wrote:The way Krysa's socks slip down and bunch up around her ankles is at once utterly adorable and somehow intensely sexy! It's also one single detail among hundreds of amazing details that I could mention, each of which serves to bring the setting, the scene, and the characters to engaging life.

But yeah, out of all the stuff going on here, those socks and the microwave popcorn - unpopped and popped - are what blew me away this time around.

And the custom VHS cover! And the authentic blue cast to the video screen image. And the... let's just leave it at the socks, or I'll be typing all night.

Thank you Davidd!!!  Yeah, sometimes simple things are the best things, and nothing beats a classic pair of socks. A bit sporty, a bit casual.  And Krysa definitely knows how to make them work.

I had so much fun with the popcorn, so I'm so glad that went over well!  And really happy the tv photographed as well as it did.  

Theboo-bomb wrote:Everything is beautiful, that space is amazing. I love all the details.

Thanks Boo-bomb!!!  I keep adding more to the loft and hoping no one gets sick of seeing it.  So glad you enjoyed.

BAD WOLF-787 wrote:It's good to see you posting again ReverendSpooky!

I agree with Ephiane amazing looking set and I love all of the little details you have in there!

Thank you Bad Wolf!!!  It's great to be back.  So happy you enjoyed the set!

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Fantastic set up, Rev! Liking the mini appliances esp the lit-up microwave.
The headsculpts aren't my cup of tea but their poses look very natural so that adds to the realism.
Looks like you had so much work and fun with the photoshoot.
I also noticed the pink-haired girl, who looks like the alpha to me, controls the remote with arm around the redhead so that's cool.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Wooow! Great stuff! I really love all the little details in the pictures. The diorama is truely outstanding. Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons 1f44d Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons 1f44d Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons 1f44d

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
rollotomasi wrote:Fantastic set up, Rev! Liking the mini appliances esp the lit-up microwave.
The headsculpts aren't my cup of tea but their poses look very natural so that adds to the realism.
Looks like you had so much work and fun with the photoshoot.
I also noticed the pink-haired girl, who looks like the alpha to me, controls the remote with arm around the redhead so that's cool.

Thanks much Rollotomasi!!! Yeah, the stylized head sculpts are a very conscious choice for the House of Seasons world, and I know can be a bit polarizing. And you're totally right in that it's Delia's place, and she wields the remote with absolute authority. Glad you picked up on that detail!

Randam Hajile wrote:Wooow! Great stuff! I really love all the little details in the pictures. The diorama is truely outstanding.  Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons 1f44d  Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons 1f44d  Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons 1f44d

Thank you Randam!!!! So happy you enjoyed.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Theboo-bomb wrote:Everything is beautiful, that space is amazing. I love all the details.

Thanks Boo-bomb!!!  I keep adding more to the loft and hoping no one gets sick of seeing it.  So glad you enjoyed.

That is the one thing I worry about to Adam, but even the smallest change to the environment can make all the difference Very Happy

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
BAMComix wrote:

That is the one thing I worry about to Adam, but even the smallest change to the environment can make all the difference Very Happy

You know, it's funny, that never even crosses my mind when I see other people's projects, and I only worry about it with my own. But you're right, it's all about the new details you're presenting.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
As ever your dioramas are second to none! I could get lost in the details for hours! I love the shots of them leaning into the fridge for snacks (that’s a mood if ever there was one, lol) and the smooching up against it too! Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons 1f440

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Lynkhart wrote:As ever your dioramas are second to none! I could get lost in the details for hours! I love the shots of them leaning into the fridge for snacks (that’s a mood if ever there was one, lol) and the smooching up against it too!  Movie Night - From the World of House of Seasons 1f440

Thanks so much Lynkhart!!! So happy you like the fridge shots (and a nice excuse to show off all the stuff I managed to pack in there). And I was really happy with how those kiss shots came out. I never miss the chance to kinda play with the flirty dynamic between those two, and always trying to capture a bit of the intensity in their relationship.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum