OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Post Apocalyptic Pinup Patrol Girl: A work in progress.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

ReverendSpooky

Really fun custom! I love all whole concept and backstory, and the figure is looking great. Agree with Stryker that it had a great 6o-70's explotation vibe, or maybe Tarantino, whose career is pretty much an homage to those films anyway. I don't even see the issue with skin tone match, and think it looks well close enough. I know you said it's more noticeable in other lighting, but nothing ever matches exactly, if nothing else, based on how different the head and body materials are, and this looks well within exceptionable. If you're still not sold, the S25B might be a better match. It's just a touch darker, and statistically, the Suntan skin tones usually match more heads than the pale (on older models, the difference was more dramatic, but it's subtler for the last 3 generations or so). And dynamite job tailoring the shorts. I'd have never known you had to re-fit them. Looking forward to seeing where this goes!

http://reverendspooky.com

Ephiane

Welcome ThePhotogsBlog, the Poses looks real and You Style of Photograpie is very clean. I like the Figure and the Outfit. Great Work. You can use a Background in a Post Apocaliptic Style. To open some Pics from the Net on Your PC and place the figure in front of is a simple way. Wink

ThePhotogsBlog

Ephiane wrote:Welcome ThePhotogsBlog, the Poses looks real and You Style of Photograpie is very clean. I like the Figure and the Outfit. Great Work. You can use a Background in a Post Apocaliptic Style. To open some Pics from the Net on Your PC and place the figure in front of is a simple way. Wink

Hi Ephiane. Thanks for the kind words. As to my photography, though I don't actually work as one, was trained as a commercial photography in a major photography school and have lighting equipment most camera buffs simply don't. In this case, I'm not using much; lighting is being provided by one or two portable flash units, with the main light being off camera to camera right.

These were preliminary photos and I simply wanted t see what the doll looks like under flash photo. In future, there will be more detailed background, either Photoshopped, diorama, or outdoors.

Gary

davidd

I am amused by the idea of an "art director" going on out patrol to make sure that missions are choreographed for the most dramatic visual impact!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
Ephiane wrote:Welcome ThePhotogsBlog, the Poses looks real and You Style of Photograpie is very clean. I like the Figure and the Outfit. Great Work. You can use a Background in a Post Apocaliptic Style. To open some Pics from the Net on Your PC and place the figure in front of is a simple way. Wink

Hi Ephiane.  Thanks for the kind words.  As to my photography, though I don't actually work as one, was trained as a commercial photography in a major photography school and have lighting equipment most camera buffs simply don't. In this case, I'm not using much; lighting is being provided by one or two portable flash units, with the main light being off camera to camera right.

These were preliminary photos and I simply wanted t see what the doll looks like under flash photo. In future, there will be more detailed background, either Photoshopped, diorama, or outdoors.  

Gary

This was the first use of this body, however not really liking the head sculpt, I quickly swapped it out for another and the body became the first version of Miyori.

Post Apocalyptic Pinup Patrol Girl:  A work in progress.  - Page 2 49848142586_b20f21df88_c6 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Later I swapped out the head sculpt and top for another and the body became the basis for Michiko

Post Apocalyptic Pinup Patrol Girl:  A work in progress.  - Page 2 50390830416_503a7413c5_cMichiko by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Miyori has been reborn in a taller body that better fills out the crop top.

Post Apocalyptic Pinup Patrol Girl:  A work in progress.  - Page 2 50869671278_c6c9d45d2c_cMiyori Mk.2 by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Post Apocalyptic Pinup Patrol Girl:  A work in progress.  - Page 2 50390830416_503a7413c5_cMichiko by Gary Menten, on Flickr

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum