OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Old Clone Trooper

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:28 am

PickleMunkey

Niiiiice!

Man, I am lovin' these.

Some of those heads are definitely intended more for the Mezco/Marvel Legend buck instead of the Bandai or Black Series ones. Mezco/Marvel can run bigger, especially depending on the buck type.

I know some wicked casting sites if you need some links for more Star Wars stuff, or even just heads and weapons.

27The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Sat May 04, 2019 6:11 pm

Ovy

GubernatorFan wrote:Certainly a very cool, much more interesting look!
Thanks! I am not an apple fan.

PickleMunkey wrote:Niiiiice!

Man, I am lovin' these.

Some of those heads are definitely intended more for the Mezco/Marvel Legend buck instead of the Bandai or Black Series ones. Mezco/Marvel can run bigger, especially depending on the buck type.

I know some wicked casting sites if you need some links for more Star Wars stuff, or even just heads and weapons.
Glad you like it. I am always open for suggestions and links!

I painted the pilot, using the known grey and some yellow for markings, and some metallics and red white 'n blue for all ze button stuff. I might do some additional washing and weathering:

Articulation is not hindered by the putty I used to cover the joints aroudn the knees.
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 SxgpQJf

The original "Imperial Agent"  had a red stripe I liked, now it's a yellow stripe.
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 HxhQQnt

That pistol is from a Death Trooper, I think.
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 M2BkQNV

I had to use pins after sawing off the Helmet+balljoint.
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 IbiShd4

With painted headsculpt.
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Ru0AvdG

Helmet in 'detail'.
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 9uRieQ3

I guess her ship crashed?
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 1h7mNMI

28The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Sat May 04, 2019 6:22 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I love it. Beautifully repainted and shot in a consistent style. In case I missed something, I apologize, but is this paintable putty self-drying/curing, and if so, what is it?

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

29The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Sat May 04, 2019 10:40 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

Really nice work,

30The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Mon May 27, 2019 5:24 pm

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:I love it. Beautifully repainted and shot in a consistent style. In case I missed something, I apologize, but is this paintable putty self-drying/curing, and if so, what is it?
Thanks! Oh and sorry for the late reply. I used Army Painter Kneadatite, which is basically the same two-component putty known as "Green Stuff" from Games Workshop. I also used it for the Zombies and Armor Rivets on my 1/6 project, if you remember.  It's self drying an curing after you mix the yellow (softer) and blue (harder) component. If you mix more blue it will be harder to knead and if you mix in more yellow it will be softer. But in the end it becomes stone hard.

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Really nice work,
Thanks!

I painted my last stormtrooper. I wanted a psychotic looking guy with two blasters. So I added a skullface to the helmet. The arm was painted black with a bone colored stripe and a lot of weathering/scratching/chipping. I might add a kill list. Any suggestions were on the armor I could put it and wich color to use? Or scratch it in?

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Tjgbfr6

31The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Mon May 27, 2019 9:58 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
I think the best place to put a kill list would be on the shoulder or possibly the forearm.

32The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Wed May 29, 2019 2:15 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Interesting idea, with a very artistic effect.

33The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Thu May 30, 2019 7:44 pm

Ovy

Ovy
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:I think the best place to put a kill list would be on the shoulder or possibly the forearm.  
Thanks. Maybe both, lets make it a long list. pirat

GubernatorFan wrote:Interesting idea, with a very artistic effect.
Ty again.

Some black and white photos.
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 KCPCRkR

34The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Thu May 30, 2019 7:50 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool b&w photos.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 C8485110

35The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:16 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Stryker2011 wrote:Cool b&w photos.
Thanks!

The Bandai Vader has so many plastic pieces for the cape, it made awful clicking sounds as well. So I replaced them with cloth, thanks to this tutorial:

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 NAPajn7

It worked, not perfect and in realistic scale maybe, but i like it anyway...

Commander Kraygor Vacrom is a veteran of the clone wars and now Commander of the 999th Imperial Penal Battalion. He leads his soldiers with a hard but just hand, the troops respect him for his fearlessnes and hulking statue. When Order 66 was executed he was shocked, as he grew up revering the Jedi as guardians of peace in the galaxy. But he was not shocked enough to object to the new rule. Some say he nearly became a great Moff once, but expressing his sympathy to the Jedi to the wrong people got in his way. The old clones in the battalion even see a tribute to the dead Jedi generals in his armor and clothing.

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 IxXZeRV
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 WohSVuG
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 96jLo8X
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 E5BCzh6
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 RmyKNlr

I also made a new blade. Or blades. More of that in another post.
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 AAesZCC

I used the Arnie headsculpt again.
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 6co32VV

Yes, that's Michael Keaton starring as Captain Cyskor Undaron
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 WF3SanW

Daaaaaarrh! Get to da shuttle!
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 TBtmxXm

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 XlX8R9U
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 KZZ0xqh

Der riddel ohf Polystereeel. (Sorry for lazy photoshop)
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 FCkXu8M

36The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:28 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice job on the cloth upgrades, and cool Darthnold figure.

37The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:25 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
His sad adherence to that ancient religion notwithstanding, he looks great. Nicely conceived, executed, and presented.

38The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:19 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice job on the cloth upgrades, and cool Darthnold figure.
Thanks!

GubernatorFan wrote:His sad adherence to that ancient religion notwithstanding, he looks great. Nicely conceived, executed, and presented.
Thanks a lot! And yes, maybe I will change the backstory. I wrote it with the John Hamm headsculpt in mind, who has this stern but fatherly expression. But for the Arnie head it seems a bit too soft. But I had to come up with an explanation why he looks like a painted Vader. Any suggestions?

Anyway, these two are for you, Gubernator:

(DA-DA-DA-DA-DAM. DA-DA-DA-DA-DAM.)
DU-DU-DUUuuuu....DUU Du duu.....
(DADADADADAM! DADADADADAM!)
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 BySdbAy

DADADADADADADADADADAAAH! DAAAADAAAADAAAH! (well, you get it.)
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 T4ZynDc

39The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:03 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice! Very Conanesque poses. Cool.

40The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:28 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice poses -- the second one reminds me of those old Star Wars/A New Hope posters.

41The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:06 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice! Very Conanesque poses. Cool.
Yeah, thanks!

GubernatorFan wrote:Nice poses -- the second one reminds me of those old Star Wars/A New Hope posters.
Yep that's what I thougt too, but as Stryker remarked, it's a hommage to the first Conan movie. And the first one is Terminator. But you got that, right?

I weathered the battle droid. He has some silver under the grey and the black primer. I am not completely finished so I haven't put a wash over him yet. I also made a blade for him and put a leather strap on his MG. The Bandai kit came whitout weapons, but the troopers had some to spare.

K4-N3 - also called "Kane", or "Cain", is a faulty KX-Series security droid who was shipped to the 999th as an equipment mule. During an enemy raid he engaged the hostile soldiers, throwing himself in the line of fire to protect his fellow troopers, bludgeoned three enemies to death with a pole and carried Sgt. Yeshuk to safety after she was wounded by enemy fire. Seeing the potential of the actually very effective droid type, "Cain" was given weapons and taken on combat missions now. Sgt. Yeshuk, former droid operator of the Coruscant Police, took Cain under her care - they now share the dark red shoulder plate.
And then, his personality developed. An effective killing machine at first, he began to see himself as soldier among soldiers, willing to protect, fight and give his live for them. He still put the life of his comrades above 'his', but his recklessness decreased, the concern for his own security grew.  It was then that he started to seek out the company of troopers in quiter situations, not just battle. He talked to them, about war, life, family.
And then there came moments of doubt. Why are we fighting? What gives him the right to kill?
Shortly after he paralyzed rebel soldiers instead of killing them - as commanded -  he refused to participate in any more combat, concentrating on saving his fellow soldiers. Yeshuk suspected that Cain was actually outfitted with the personality of a 'sensitive' interrogation droid, which overwhelmed his empathy regulators.
Then comes the point where he can't take it anymore. He will just sit there, contemplating, philosophing about the nature and point of life and death, even the force. The two have a long talk, then she will wipe his memory before he has a chance to 'kill' himself.  
After that, he wakes up as the old 'killing machine' he did not want to be anymore. An the same pattern developed a second time. After that, a third, a fourth...Yeshuk is always there to reset him.
Cain is in his sixth "cycle" now, not knowing his past or deleted, faulty personalities.

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 CufNaiZ

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 DaqTIzy

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 2ohMSX3

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 BtgG4rN

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 PLJgeoN

He saved her, now she is trying to save him.
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 8zwTs6P

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 XRTcOqi

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Q7ZPhNU

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Dszja9t

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 H707O0M

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 NFmXG7R

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 EbQ9UvO

The point will come where he drops his sword.

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 RugbyvY

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 2gmyYsR

With every 'cycle', Yeshuk gets more pieces of the puzzle. A strange obsession, but she does not want to destroy Cain.
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 KItKMGf

Wiping....
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Ovx0L4Q

...Rebooting....
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 P3oyVDt

42The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:43 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool battle droid. The thin scratches are very impressive. Nice backstory, too, although killing rebels is actually a step up for imperial practice (which is usually hold them under arrest politely until they manage to jump and kill you).

43The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:59 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
So awesome. Interesting story for Cain. Love the details you put into the repaint and weathering. Excellent work.

44The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Sat May 08, 2021 2:05 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Finally having a closer look at this (think I was originally frightened off because you mentioned the Solo movie at the beginning, lol).

Your paintjobs on all of these are SO insanely good. The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 1f62d

I'm not really an 'armoured figure' afficionado in the way some SW fans are (I only collect such if I happen to like the character, not for the armour itself), but I can appreciate your mindblowing painting skills on display here. Not to mention how much work it must take to modify and swap around the various parts. So much of this looks like it's not even 1/12, but a much larger scale. Extremely well done.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

45The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Sun May 09, 2021 7:14 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Haha, thanks for dragging this out of the mud. Btw, is it coincidence that suddenly there is a grey mix armored Clone Force 99? 99??! DID YOU STEAL AGAIN MY IDEAS DISNEY???

Well there are still my Mandalorians I have to photograph. They are basically Boba Fett four times. So don't worry they were made before 'The Mandalorian' was announced so they are free of...the Mandalorian. Might post them some day in the far future.
I printed some 1/12 guns recently maybe this will motivate me to take some pics.

46The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Mon May 10, 2021 4:41 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
LOL, Ovy -- I feel your pain with Disney steamrollering over everything I enjoy. For me it's definitely a feeling like 'Leave my fave characters alone, they are MINE!!!' Razz  

And you are welcome, the thread deserved resurrecting!!! Honestly, I really envy your armour painting abilities. I feel almost intimidated about painting all that armour you've printed for me now. How can I live up?? Laughing

And ooh, I'll be very happy to see *your* Mandalorians... ;'D

47The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty The Old Clone Wed May 04, 2022 5:23 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Like all his brothers, CT-1066 grew in a vat on Kamino, whitout a mother and without an identity. But his brothers called him Sicks and he adopted the name.

CT-1066 first saw combat on Geonosis, his platoon suffering 70% casualties against the Geonosians and their battle droids.
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 IMG-20220504-211451

Through the entirety of the Clone Wars, he followed Jedi General Yrgo Dyalur into numerous battles on multiple planets. The number of the Clone brothers he knew since birth dwindling each day. Yrgo Dyalur never thought he would one day lead a battalion of soldiers, thrown into a war without experience. The clones taught the Jedi what they knew, and they learned from the Jedi's wisdom. Through the years, Dyalur learned to distinguish the different Clone Troopers under his command and the ones that have been there since the beginning. Yrgo Dyalur was the only Jedi Sicks ever talked to, even though it were only brief moments.
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 IMG-20220504-205938

The Jedi was shot in the back by Sicks and his brothers during Order 66, when they were having lunch in their field hospital. That's how the glorious war he was bred for ended.
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 IMG-20220504-205956-2

After the Clone Wars, he contiuned to serve the newly found Imperial Army, if he wanted or not, living through the creation of the Storm Trooper Corps, the phasing out of the Clones and replacement by human soldiers born by mothers. He realized the time of the Clones was ending and the dreams of the quiet life of a respected and cared for Veteran Clone on a beautiful resort planet were all but lies.

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 IMG-20220504-205220

But the Empire still had use for the aging Clones, in Sicks’ case as instructor for the new motherborn recruits. He served some time on a Star Destroyer, trying to spend his time with the few clones left. All those different types of characters and personalities of the motherborn humans, all their backgrounds and lifes, it was something he had never encountered before, it confused him.
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 IMG-20220504-205310

Once he had the chance for freedom, when a group of clones planned on deserting. When their plot was discoverd, Sicks stayed back to distract their pursuers, to ensure the deserters' shuttle would not be shot down before it could jump to hyperspace. Sicks not only wanted to give them a fighting chance, but he also had realised he was afraid of the ‘peaceful free life’ his brothers planned. He never saw his friends again, but hopes they lead this ‘peaceful free life’ now. Someone in a position of power took pity of the Clone, so instead of an execution, Sicks’ betrayal led him to the 999th Penal Battalion, being one of it’s first members actually.
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 IMG-20220504-211957-3

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 IMG-20220504-212059-3

There were other clones too, but like always their numbers declined thanks to brutal deployments. Which, actually, might have been one of the purposes behind the creation of the 999th.
Sicks trained the young motherborn recruits to the best of his knowledge, ensuring they had the best chance to survive the grinder of the Imperial War Machine. He learned to adapt to the fact that he was becoming more and more of a curious individual the soldiers looked up to, rather than the anonymous Clone he grew up as. The motherborn recruits called him ‘Oldbreed’ (or Ol’breed) soon, his original adopted name and identity lost in history.

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 IMG-20220504-210416

Oldbreed was sent on several brutal deployments against rebels, pirates, terrorists and freedom fighters. But somehow, even if he took great risks, Oldbreed never died. He got shot, bludgeoned, hit by shrapnell, burned, one time even his leg fused with the plasteel plate of his armor, two times he survived the crash of a gunship. But somehow he always came out 'lucky'.
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 IMG-20220504-210912

Now he is one of two Clones left in the entire battalion.
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 IMG-20220504-211117

His armor is still the outdated Clone armor as he feels most 'at home' in it. Often damaged, parts were replaced with the ones of fallen brothers, the shiny white finish is gone, replaced by the dirty and damaged grey blue of the 999th.
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 IMG-20220504-211226

When he stares at the faces of the old helmets, he sees the brothers he has left behind.
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 IMG-20220504-211243

The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 IMG-20220504-211255

Or who have left him behind.
The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 IMG-20220504-211309

That was another happy story from the 999th! I finally finished it for May the fourth. I always forget this day, haha. I hastily painted the 3d printed  head today when I realized this May 4th is based around the 20th Attack of The Clones anniversary. Thanks for reading.

skywalkersaga wrote:LOL, Ovy -- I feel your pain with Disney steamrollering over everything I enjoy. For me it's definitely a feeling like 'Leave my fave characters alone, they are MINE!!!' Razz  

And you are welcome, the thread deserved resurrecting!!! Honestly, I really envy your armour painting abilities. I feel almost intimidated about painting all that armour you've printed for me now. How can I live up?? Laughing

And ooh, I'll be very happy to see *your* Mandalorians... ;'D
The Mandalorians are up by the way, spoilerfree! I mean there are two customized cahracters wearing armors from 'that show', but C'mon!

48The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Wed May 04, 2022 5:53 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, that is extremely well painted for 1/12 scale! Your paint jobs and weathering are always such a feast for the eyes. Also, it is beautifully posed and photographed. Very emotive.

49The Old Clone Trooper - Page 2 Empty Re: The Old Clone Trooper Wed May 04, 2022 7:41 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Gorgeous work, in every aspect! Especially impressive in this scale.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum