OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... )

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Added the invisibility cloak (it only works once she pulls it up over her head) -- that's how it worked in the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon for the Thief character. I still need to make a belt and scabbards for her long knives and she'll be complete. Thought I'd take a couple quick pics with the Legolas Helm's Deep diorama for $&!t$ & giggles.

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 _dsc3454
Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 _dsc3453

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Nicely put together. And the Helm's Deep diorama seems to work very appropriately. I appreciate you keeping the hood off, lest she go invisible. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Diana

She looks great! Even moreso with that beautiful diorama! I'm sure there is a trap or secret door for her to find somewhere. Smile

Stryker2011

Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Nicely put together. And the Helm's Deep diorama seems to work very appropriately. I appreciate you keeping the hood off, lest she go invisible. Smile

Thanks. If I had any Photoshop skill, I’d make a pic of her starting to pull up the hood and she starts to disappear, but alas…

Diana wrote:She looks great! Even moreso with that beautiful diorama! I'm sure there is a trap or secret door for her to find somewhere. Smile

Thank you. I’m sure there’s something around for her to steal, as well. Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
She turned out gorgeous! The outfit looks excellent as well. And great idea to pose her on that mini diorama. Now we need to see both of you together! ;D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, S. I need a bigger diorama for the two of “us” to fit. Plus, I pulled off most of the hair on my head sculpt to redo it as I wasn’t happy with the initial outcome.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ah, gotcha -- good luck with the re-hairing!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ZombieKev

Wow, these are great. What a wonderful gift.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Ah, gotcha -- good luck with the re-hairing!

Thanks.

ZombieKev wrote:Wow, these are great.  What a wonderful gift.

Thank you very much.

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I take it you are rehairing the Fabio version, not the one shown recently, with the molded hair. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:I take it you are rehairing the Fabio version, not the one shown recently, with the molded hair. Smile

Haha. Correct. It may still end up looking a bit "Fabio-ish", as before my military service, I actually did have long hair -- halfway down my back when I was a wannabe "rock star" (drummer) in a "Hair Metal" band in Junior/Senior High School, so I thought it appropriate to relive those long-gone moments.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, it was looking pretty good, so I hope you redo it and don't give up. Hmmm, maybe they should have made a Fabio figure by now. LOL

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Well, it was looking pretty good, so I hope you redo it and don't give up. Hmmm, maybe they should have made a Fabio figure by now. LOL

I’m pretty sure Mattel made one in their Barbie line-up ages ago.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm sure your version was far more realistic, even if it was not meant to be him. Smile

Ovy

Ovy
Nice, finally! I guess something personal like this is worth all the money.

And you could photograph the dio with and without her from the exact same position, post them here and let the community make invibility effects

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:Nice, finally! I guess something personal like this is worth all the money.

And you could photograph the dio with and without her from the exact same position, post them here and let the community make invibility effects

That’s probably the only way I could do it (there photo, not there photo), but I wouldn’t honestly expect anyone to take on that task, and I wouldn’t feel comfortable asking since it would probably be a lot of work.

Ephiane

Ephiane
That´s a beautyfull sculpt. Thanks for sharing. Green eyes are very rarely and the facial expression is so lovely Wink.  I really love the reflection of light in the figures eyes, it´s a really good paint job.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:That´s a beautyfull sculpt. Thanks for sharing. Green eyes are very rarely and the facial expression is so lovely Wink.  I really love the reflection of light in the figures eyes, it´s a really good paint job.

Thanks, Ephi. Yeah, the eye color turned out really nice -- hazel is such a unique color (sometimes they look green, sometimes they look brown -- I guess it just depends on whether she wants to kill me or kiss me Razz ).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks, Ephi. Yeah, the eye color turned out really nice -- hazel is such a unique color (sometimes they look green, sometimes they look brown -- I guess it just depends on whether she wants to kill me or kiss me Razz ).

Nicely put, Mark. Funny, I just had to tackle doing hazel eyes. Even looked up the recommended approximate color make up. Of course, by the time I was done, such a small sliver was left between the outside black contour and the black pupil that it was almost not worth bothering. I should really learn how to use those eye decals, although I'm not sure they come in that particular color anyway.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
You know, I don’t know if I’ve ever seen hazel eye decals — you’d think they’d exist, since it’s not exactly an uncommon eye color.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I know I should probably hold off on showing the other characters from my wife's book, but I just can't help myself. I managed to complete one of the other characters to my satisfaction, and here he is: Alex, the Magician.

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 3 _dsc3531

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent custom figure, Mark. Just perfect! Or so I imagine. Funny that some of our own magicians here are named Alex.

Valiarde

Valiarde
I love that custom! Really great for a young mage  Very Happy

Is that a Harry Redmayne head and King Joffrey coat? Always liked the outfit from Joffrey...you probably had to use the original body, as it is a bit smaller than normal ones? Or could you dress the joffrey coat onto another body?

Edit: I don't know why i think of that now, but with a but more reddish hair, this could be a good Kvothe character (from name of the wind)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Is that a Harry Redmayne head and King Joffrey coat? Always liked the outfit from Joffrey...you probably had to use the original body, as it is a bit smaller than normal ones? Or could you dress the joffrey coat onto another body?

I will let Mark confirm it, but I think you're right. That is an Eddie Redmayne head, and I thought the same thing about the tunic.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Yeah Eddie of course, not Harry Razz

I like him as an actor and he has a handsome face. (Have we se in hand pics of that Asmus Elvish Soldier with Redmaynes likeliness yet?)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
You are correct on all counts. Eddie Hot Toys head (and yes, he is supposed to have bit more reddish hair — auburn, I guess), and that is a Joffrey body — complete figure, aside from the added cloak and the satchel, which holds his book of magic. The body is super skinny, with a very, very narrow and short neck. I judged the Joffrey head against the HT head, and oddly they are about the same size. There was no way to put the Joffrey clothes on a bigger body. I had to cut off the lower connector of the HT neck, leaving it hollow, and still shave some of the inside down, and voila — the attached neck head sculpt was able to be pushed down over the existing narrow AF neck of the Joffrey body. I wanted this character to be skinny, and nerdy, so he sort of corresponded with the character he was loosely based on from the animated Dungeons and Dragons series.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Wow ! What a fantastic Idea. So many good storys start with a young magican, like Yours. He looks like from a Fantasy art made by the great artists like Elmore, Caldwell, Jeff Easlay. I love that style. It´s not to much and not to less. Not easy to made a believable fantasy character, but he is one.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks for the explanation - I'm still a fan how that simple cape (and belt), turns him optically into an DnD mage, well done!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Wow ! What a fantastic Idea. So many good storys start with a young magican, like Yours. He looks like from a Fantasy art made by the great artists like Elmore, Caldwell, Jeff Easlay. I love that style. It´s not to much and not to less. Not easy to made a believable fantasy character, but he is one.

Thanks, Ephi. That’s high praise coming from you and all your wonderful fantasy creations. I am a big fan of all of those artists that you mentioned, and bought all the D&D books I could get my hands on (mainly for all the art and the character & creature ideas).

Valiarde wrote:Thanks for the explanation - I'm still a fan how that simple cape (and belt), turns him optically into an DnD mage, well done!

Thanks. I wanted something different for my magic user since most of the time they are all portrayed looking like Gandalf — that’s why I was really impressed with the “fancy” clothing of Joffrey. The cloak was actually a happy accident, as I had originally bought it for a completely different character.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum