OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... )

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I know I should probably hold off on showing the other characters from my wife's book, but I just can't help myself. I managed to complete one of the other characters to my satisfaction, and here he is: Alex, the Magician.

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 4 _dsc3531

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Excellent custom figure, Mark. Just perfect! Or so I imagine. Funny that some of our own magicians here are named Alex.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Valiarde

I love that custom! Really great for a young mage  Very Happy

Is that a Harry Redmayne head and King Joffrey coat? Always liked the outfit from Joffrey...you probably had to use the original body, as it is a bit smaller than normal ones? Or could you dress the joffrey coat onto another body?

Edit: I don't know why i think of that now, but with a but more reddish hair, this could be a good Kvothe character (from name of the wind)

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Is that a Harry Redmayne head and King Joffrey coat? Always liked the outfit from Joffrey...you probably had to use the original body, as it is a bit smaller than normal ones? Or could you dress the joffrey coat onto another body?

I will let Mark confirm it, but I think you're right. That is an Eddie Redmayne head, and I thought the same thing about the tunic.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Valiarde

Valiarde
Yeah Eddie of course, not Harry Razz

I like him as an actor and he has a handsome face. (Have we se in hand pics of that Asmus Elvish Soldier with Redmaynes likeliness yet?)

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
You are correct on all counts. Eddie Hot Toys head (and yes, he is supposed to have bit more reddish hair — auburn, I guess), and that is a Joffrey body — complete figure, aside from the added cloak and the satchel, which holds his book of magic. The body is super skinny, with a very, very narrow and short neck. I judged the Joffrey head against the HT head, and oddly they are about the same size. There was no way to put the Joffrey clothes on a bigger body. I had to cut off the lower connector of the HT neck, leaving it hollow, and still shave some of the inside down, and voila — the attached neck head sculpt was able to be pushed down over the existing narrow AF neck of the Joffrey body. I wanted this character to be skinny, and nerdy, so he sort of corresponded with the character he was loosely based on from the animated Dungeons and Dragons series.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 4 C8485110

Ephiane

Ephiane
Wow ! What a fantastic Idea. So many good storys start with a young magican, like Yours. He looks like from a Fantasy art made by the great artists like Elmore, Caldwell, Jeff Easlay. I love that style. It´s not to much and not to less. Not easy to made a believable fantasy character, but he is one.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks for the explanation - I'm still a fan how that simple cape (and belt), turns him optically into an DnD mage, well done!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Wow ! What a fantastic Idea. So many good storys start with a young magican, like Yours. He looks like from a Fantasy art made by the great artists like Elmore, Caldwell, Jeff Easlay. I love that style. It´s not to much and not to less. Not easy to made a believable fantasy character, but he is one.

Thanks, Ephi. That’s high praise coming from you and all your wonderful fantasy creations. I am a big fan of all of those artists that you mentioned, and bought all the D&D books I could get my hands on (mainly for all the art and the character & creature ideas).

Valiarde wrote:Thanks for the explanation - I'm still a fan how that simple cape (and belt), turns him optically into an DnD mage, well done!

Thanks. I wanted something different for my magic user since most of the time they are all portrayed looking like Gandalf — that’s why I was really impressed with the “fancy” clothing of Joffrey. The cloak was actually a happy accident, as I had originally bought it for a completely different character.

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 4 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, wow, what an awesome character design! He absolutely looks the part. You did such a great job putting him together --- hope your wife is pleased! :')

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Oh, wow, what an awesome character design! He absolutely looks the part. You did such a great job putting him together --- hope your wife is pleased! :')

Thanks, S. She seems to be; at least she gets a big smile on her face every time a character gets completed.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Happy wife, happy life. And if making her happy means kitbashing figures, I imagine that makes for a very happy husband too. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Happy wife, happy life. And if making her happy means kitbashing figures, I imagine that makes for a very happy husband too. Smile

Yes, indeed. Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Big shout out to Ephiane for making this photo from an extra shot I took.

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 4 54d0d810

Valiarde

Valiarde
Fantastic character, hope to see more of him in the future Smile

He seems to have great fun in using arcane powers written in this old book

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautifully done, Ephiane! Nice cooperation between the two of you. Well, three of you, since it is Lady Stryker's character... Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Here’s another one from Ephi.

Mini-Mes (Myself & Wife) (30 years ago!!!! Not so much now... ) - Page 4 84ab6c10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think that's the same one, Mark, did you mean to post a different image? Still excellent, though.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
She tweaked the background a bit more. (I could just delete the first one).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh, yes, I see it now. Of course. The background has been much improved. I was focusing on the figure itself.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Stryker2011 wrote:
Ovy wrote:Nice, finally! I guess something personal like this is worth all the money.

And you could photograph the dio with and without her from the exact same position, post them here and let the community make invibility effects

That’s probably the only way I could do it (there photo, not there photo), but I wouldn’t honestly expect anyone to take on that task, and I wouldn’t feel comfortable asking since it would probably be a lot of work.

While I’m still reading this fascinating thread (so not sure if anyone else has offered) but I would be willing to photoshop the two images and compose them into one where the body disappears, given proper direction (sorry not familiar with the property). Been using Photoshop since version 4.0 (or was it 6.0? This was in the mid/late 90’s) and while the Creative Suite and Creative Clouds have added way more features and options, I like to stick to my old-school methods…

By the way, I’m loving the custom “mini-me” head sculpts!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
collectorofmany wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:
Ovy wrote:Nice, finally! I guess something personal like this is worth all the money.

And you could photograph the dio with and without her from the exact same position, post them here and let the community make invibility effects

That’s probably the only way I could do it (there photo, not there photo), but I wouldn’t honestly expect anyone to take on that task, and I wouldn’t feel comfortable asking since it would probably be a lot of work.

While I’m still reading this fascinating thread (so not sure if anyone else has offered) but I would be willing to photoshop the two images and compose them into one where the body disappears, given proper direction (sorry not familiar with the property). Been using Photoshop since version 4.0 (or was it 6.0? This was in the mid/late 90’s) and while the Creative Suite and Creative Clouds have added way more features and options, I like to stick to my old-school methods…

By the way, I’m loving the custom “mini-me” head sculpts!

Thanks, Steven. That’s very generous. I still have a few things to add to finish her figure up, but I can definitely send you a pic, and some directions, to what I’m looking for in that regard.

Again, thanks for the offer.

Diana

Diana
Late to the party, but that is one beautiful figure! Everything works really well together. Well done!

csyeung

csyeung
Late to the party as well. Your mini-mes look awesome! Very cool to see miniature versions of you and your wife!

Ovy

Ovy
Nice, he looks like your proper, All American By-the-book fantasy Mage, good to see this beautiful outfit on a nicer character than Goeffrey.

And Ephiane and Russian AIs make everyone smile. Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Diana wrote:Late to the party, but that is one beautiful figure! Everything works really well together. Well done!

csyeung wrote:Late to the party as well. Your mini-mes look awesome! Very cool to see miniature versions of you and your wife!

Thank you, both. It was really one of the easier bashes I've ever done. Not too much work for me, other than getting the Magic Book made from an artist on Etsy and cutting the connector out of the neck of the head sculpt.

Ovy wrote:Nice, he looks like your proper, All American By-the-book fantasy  Mage, good to see this beautiful outfit on a nicer character than Goeffrey.

And Ephiane and Russian AIs make everyone smile. Very Happy

Thanks, and yes, Ephi was able to perform the proper "magic" on the figure.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Indeed I'm also late to the party. Great looking Min-Me's and the Magician!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Wolf. Much appreciated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum