OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

shovelchop81

skywalkersaga wrote:Aw, that sounds like a bit of a rough and frustrating day. The earpiece looks really good though! Smile

And yeah, I know what you mean...the forum's been especially quiet for at least a couple of days now. People must be busy...

GubernatorFan wrote:According to the BBC, British dentistry is diabolical, but even if that were true, the pothole ambush sounds like overkill. Your work, on the other hand, is flawless (now that the photos have finally loaded -- sorry, slow internet).

Thanks guys! Nice to see some activity on the forum, typically I'm going to bed now, been up since 1am my time. I would say the pavements are diabolical, the dentists just like to charge as many appointment fees as they can! Thank goodness for the NHS! Even if it does mean I'll have to go back next week (they know about my agoraphobia but still just booked me a 15min slot for 3 fillings, like that was going to happen).
Anyway.. redid his ear piece so it's much more accurate and positioned correctly now, also was a lot easier to make as I just used the off-cuts from the first one to make it Wink .

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 RQsFjA0

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 TY5ui0B

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 49c32Dt

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 D4Dc0UD

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
15 minutes for three fillings? Should be more like 45, if not more...

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:15 minutes for three fillings? Should be more like 45, if not more...

Yup! And to top it off, a previous filling of mine that had been fine before started hurting the next day due to the sonic cleaning, kind of ironic.

Thought I'd share my experiment of making a 1/6 tumbler of whisky and ice since many members like to have drinks as accessories for their figures in dios and skits etc.. I didn't use the glue gun in the end, I used the contact adhesive as the simulated whisky after mixing a blend of colours with markers on the inside of the clear plastic. Also so random pics of the dismantled helmet assembled for some reason.. no idea why!LOL.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 YxOw9rp

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 HinglkC

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 IAgU0Gr

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 LVNuEi0

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 GDBJjKl

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 KnEyajs

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 TR6xB8n

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 GVR02SR

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 17MfN4K

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 LM02urh

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Looking good, Alex. Sorry to hear about the sidewalk fall, and the debacle with the dentist.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for sharing that whiskey idea! And indeed, I hope you're not in too much pain....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love the whiskey custom. So small and so perfect.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Looking good, Alex. Sorry to hear about the sidewalk fall, and the debacle with the dentist.

skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for sharing that whiskey idea! And indeed, I hope you're not in too much pain....

LOL, all good, just having a middle age whine! Wink

More pics of the whisky now it's cured, there are 3 chunks of 'ice' in there, could be whisky and Coke/soda now I guess..

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 BJnxvur

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 TIrwQcx

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 V6ojK4O

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 FAZg4jm

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 H3JArPC

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 TXqa1qt

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 Vadc70y

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I love the whiskey custom. So small and so perfect.

Cheers! We just posted at the same time! LOL, more pics above. Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Cheers! We just posted at the same time! LOL, more pics above. Wink

LOL, nice, I love it even more now! Maybe it could also be rum and coke? So a very versatile little thing.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That does look REALLY nice. I love the ice, the swirls, and the bubbles!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:Cheers! We just posted at the same time! LOL, more pics above. Wink

LOL, nice, I love it even more now! Maybe it could also be rum and coke? So a very versatile little thing.

skywalkersaga wrote:That does look REALLY nice. I love the ice, the swirls, and the bubbles!

Thanks! That's why it pays to experiment, never be scared to try some new or odd (damn, I sound like some kind of irritating guidance councillor! Wink ).
I've got the whole photo shoot to do later, been getting that ready for a day or two now, clearing out the kitchen/workshop and getting the photo-booth out of storage etc.. I'm going to need a continuity guy for the pics! Laughing

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

I am loving this bash! It is all coming together so well. Don't get me started on dentists! I have a bad nerve in my jaw and when that plays up it feels like toothache. That was what I thought I had the first time it flared up, so I tried to find a dentist. I rang NHS Direct and they told me places to try. Each and every one I tried was full, so, in effect, I was updating their list for them. That was back when it wasn't 111 and racked up a hefty bill!

I just take painkillers and bear it when it flares up now, there's nothing a dentist can do anyway as it's not related to the teeth. Hope yours feel better soon.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
I am loving this bash! It is all coming together so well. Don't get me started on dentists! I have a bad nerve in my jaw and when that plays up it feels like toothache. That was what I thought I had the first time it flared up, so I tried to find a dentist. I rang NHS Direct and they told me places to try. Each and every one I tried was full, so, in effect, I was updating their list for them. That was back when it wasn't 111 and racked up a hefty bill!

I just take painkillers and bear it when it flares up now, there's nothing a dentist can do anyway as it's not related to the teeth. Hope yours feel better soon.

CHEERS!

Cheers Roger! I remember you telling me about your bad nerve and that you tried to induce pain killing endorphins by relaxing and thinking happy thoughts? I also remember saying I'd be screwed unable to do that with hyper anxiety and chronic depression! Wink Tooth's better knock on wood, I have some prescription pain killing tooth paste.

Finished setting up for the photo shoot today using the booth then realised that wasn't going to work even though it's big enough for the dio and flight stand, there's no way of hiding the white light diffuser panels. I tried all white as well but the shadows sucked and the flight stand sticks out like a saw thumb! I also covered the diffuser panels on the outside to blend them in since it was daylight but still lousy results, also went extreme reducing the exposure settings, better but not great. I've ended up nicking the photography backdrop from my bedroom that I was using as part of my curtains (no bloody shutters in this country!Mad ) and rearranging my kitchen/workshop again to use a ladder to help keep the backdrop up. And the lack of shutters is problematic again as I now have to wait until dark before I can start taking pictures properly. I feel like I'm opening a mini play/stage production with the gear and space I'm using now! Laughing

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 9T1D83n

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 0Z4HszV

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 DvYnNhH

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 QmEfK2r

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 FQUxTX9

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 FW5ChAv

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 S3TMuqT

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 CoWlodx

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 BRhc4XL

New setup:

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 QuhpitG

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 LWMWQMN

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 CmENbOC

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 BadwYFc

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This will be cool once you get it all figured out for proper shooting. It’s pretty impressive already.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, it is already very impressive, and the improvements you have made since you started are great work.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Very exciting to see it all coming together! : )

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:This will be cool once you get it all figured out for proper shooting. It’s pretty impressive already.

Cheers! Getting there!

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, it is already very impressive, and the improvements you have made since you started are great work.

Thanks and I'd hope so or I've just wasted a couple of months of my life! Laughing Wink

skywalkersaga wrote:Very exciting to see it all coming together! : )

Cheers SWS!

WTF? I think I moved back to Norway (house and all) in my sleep! Got up at 4am to take pics but it was already getting light outside!! FFS... I'm going to have to improvise and cover the windows with stuff... My kingdom for shutters!

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Most impressive. Pain killing toothpaste, that's a new one, does it work?

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
Most impressive. Pain killing toothpaste, that's a new one, does it work?

CHEERS!

Does for me, it's not Codeine but still needs a script although I've just seen it on eBay, the 5000ppm is what I use, the 2500ppm doesn't need a script as far as I know but it's half strength.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 7 S-l1600

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X2-Colgate-Duraphat-5000ppm-Brand-New-Sealed-51g-each/223513708752?hash=item340a7488d0:g:XTMAAOSwm4tc0H2W

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Cool, might try and lay hands on it when my jaw flares up again.

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum