OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

shovelchop81

Rogerbee wrote:What is your BIOS? Do you even have the right one installed? I'd look for whatever model of motherboard you have and make sure you have the right BIOS installed. Do you have an .iso for the version of Windows you're trying to install? If you get one then you can wipe the 32bit one and install the 64bit in its place. Or that should be what would happen. Does your current BIOS even support 64bit?

If I were you, I'd be seriously considering jacking the PC you have in and starting anew from the ground up, it's the only way to ensure that that you get will work. If you go for an AMD AM3+ board and processor CCL are doing these at knock down prices as they're being phased out in favour of the AMD Ryzen AM4 boards. The AM3+ ones are just as good only a lot cheaper. Seriously, give CCL a look see.

I upgraded the hard drive, CPU and graphics card in mine and it is right up there with the best now, and for half the money.

CHEERS!

All parts are OEM except GC, HDD (bigger) and processor (replaced a broken one but it's 64 bit). I'm trying to install the 64bit windows but need bios to be able to read the flashdrive. I can't build anything as I'm skint lol!.

Stryker2011 wrote:You have been busy. I like the color elements on her helmet. That first cosplayer image armor looks great. I like the battle-damage she was able to pull off; are you going for that look, or the pristine, shiny look? Either one would be pretty cool.

Cheers Mark! I'll be sticking to a new suit look.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Hope you figure out the computer drama to your satisfaction. Seems like you still found time to make more progress on this impressive project. I second what Mark said, and also very impressed by the real-hair helmeted head sculpt.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Rogerbee

Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:

All parts are OEM  except GC, HDD (bigger) and processor (replaced a broken one but it's 64 bit). I'm trying to install the 64bit windows but need bios to be able to read the flashdrive. I can't build anything as I'm skint lol!.

The processor may be 64bit, but, are you sure the motherboard and BIOS are? You can't always fit a Ferrari engine into a Beetle. I hope you find something workable till you can afford something else.

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

GubernatorFan wrote:Hope you figure out the computer drama to your satisfaction. Seems like you still found time to make more progress on this impressive project. I second what Mark said, and also very impressed by the real-hair helmeted head sculpt.

I can't take the credit for the PP helmeted head as it came that way, it's either the HT version or the clone, I have both but think the clone looked slightly better but can't remember which one this is! LOL.

Rogerbee wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

All parts are OEM  except GC, HDD (bigger) and processor (replaced a broken one but it's 64 bit). I'm trying to install the 64bit windows but need bios to be able to read the flashdrive. I can't build anything as I'm skint lol!.

The processor may be 64bit, but, are you sure the motherboard and BIOS are? You can't always fit a Ferrari engine into a Beetle. I hope you find something workable till you can afford something else.

CHEERS!

Not sure now about the processor, thought I'd replaced it with a stock one though so the rest should support it.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

There will always be something. When I tried to swap my hard drives over, I forgot that I'd configured the old HDD as RAID, SSD's can't be that. However Windows would only boot if the HDD was RAID. Took me ages to find a simple command line that would fix that.

The answers are there, it just takes forever to find the right one

CHEERS!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Rogerbee wrote:
There will always be something. When I tried to swap my hard drives over, I forgot that I'd configured the old HDD as RAID, SSD's can't be that. However Windows would only boot if the HDD was RAID. Took me ages to find a simple command line that would fix that.

The answers are there, it just takes forever to find the right one

CHEERS!

I'm just leaving the pc 'as is' for the moment.

Finished Rescue, might do the odd touch up like on her boots.
Painted all the gantry arms black, they still need to be airbrushed a graphite metallic. Done half the tedious EL-Wire work using regular super glue very carefully as the gel stuff I bought is garbage! It probably needs an accelerator or something. The bloody wire shorted out on me when I went to test it after all that work (and loss of finger tips) which is not ideal... I seem to have found the trouble spot but there's not quick permanent fix with this stuff so I'll just try gluing in place there to keep the internal micro wires connected, one must have broken.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 TCsyiGW

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 DVxgs1H

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 QRfXvVq

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 DVOQpG7

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 E6nRRbC

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 RHMIozf

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 X4EJjm2

Don't buy this for a quick setting glue!

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 BZkrvJw

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 W7IBJBt

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 DRNikV9

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 VdzQg8r

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 8Y3JQ6e

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 THnabgU

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Whoah! Very cool. Pepper turned out great, and the light on the gantry are looking awesome.

Some glues can be hit or miss, that’s for sure. I gave up on Loctite just recently. Switched over to Gorilla Glue, and so far so good.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Looking good, another winner in the making!

CHEERS!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks gorgeous, and the gantry is coming along beautifully!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Whoah! Very cool. Pepper turned out great, and the light on the gantry are looking awesome.

Some glues can be hit or miss, that’s for sure. I gave up on Loctite just recently. Switched over to Gorilla Glue, and so far so good.

Thank you Mark! Now I know why the Loctite was on sale, nearly bought the Gorilla Glue, should have but I'm used to Loctite being a top brand for mechanical applications for guns and bikes etc..

Rogerbee wrote:Looking good, another winner in the making!

CHEERS!

Thanks Roger!

GubernatorFan wrote:She looks gorgeous, and the gantry is coming along beautifully!

Cheers GF! I'm in 'slow mode' right now but also have been working on non 1/6 stuff too.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Whoah! Very cool. Pepper turned out great, and the light on the gantry are looking awesome.

Thank you Mark! Now I know why the Loctite was on sale, nearly bought the Gorilla Glue, should have but I'm used to Loctite being a top brand for mechanical applications for guns and bikes etc..

It could have been an old batch, too, though. I just found for plastics, Gorilla Glue seems to work a bit better. And you can get that precision tip that screws on and off easily (doesn't end up glueing itself to the cap -- I wonder if there's enough space between the cap and the tip to keep it from doing that like other SGs tend to).

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 C8485110

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:

It could have been an old batch, too, though. I just found for plastics, Gorilla Glue seems to work a bit better. And you can get that precision tip that screws on and off easily (doesn't end up glueing itself to the cap -- I wonder if there's enough space between the cap and the tip to keep it from doing that like other SGs tend to).

Sounds good but I go through so much SG I buy large bottles of the stuff for cheap!LOL. Gorilla Glue would have to be for special uses only.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
And I thought 5m of wire would be far too long...bugger... I should be able to buy a meter on it's own to finish the lighting.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 SZo4jA4

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 85e4IoO

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 MFxXjOO

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 HgnBuZu

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 AV0p5fB

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You know, it looks pretty much complete to me (I'm no expert on these things), but I think I see where you would be adding more. Very cool either way.

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

That looks really good, as good, if not better, than HT could do it for way more money.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Man that looks really cool. That light effect really makes that piece.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:You know, it looks pretty much complete to me (I'm no expert on these things), but I think I see where you would be adding more. Very cool either way.

Rogerbee wrote:
That looks really good, as good, if not better, than HT could do it for way more money.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011 wrote:Man that looks really cool. That light effect really makes that piece.

Thank you guys! I ordered 50cm more, it'll mean making a splitter and I hope the mains power converter won't blow the shorter piece but fingers crossed should work even if I have to resort to batteries. I'll be cutting sections out of the floor as retracting panels with smaller arms coming out like in the movie; I'll also be painting the floor and steps black as per the movie too.

Peaches

Peaches
Wow, you make me shiver in my boots with my own project. It will look so amateurish! I'm in awe!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Peaches wrote:Wow, you make me shiver in my boots with my own project.  It will look so amateurish!  I'm in awe!

Don’t get discouraged, Peaches. Everyone has to start somewhere. ShovelChop has been at this for quite some time, and he’s a maestro at thinking outside the box. I’m sure your project will turn out cool.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Peaches wrote:Wow, you make me shiver in my boots with my own project.  It will look so amateurish!  I'm in awe!

Don't doubt your abilities, everyone's their own worst critic! Yes experience and techniques go a long way to improving custom work but that can all be learnt over time, there's no rush, enjoy learning something new everyday, I still do! Very Happy I also get frustrated at times, it's only natural, just take a break and do something else for a bit and come back with fresh eyes. 'Keep The Faith' as Bon Jovi say LOL.

Stryker2011 wrote:

Don’t get discouraged, Peaches. Everyone has to start somewhere. ShovelChop has been at this for quite some time, and he’s a maestro at thinking outside the box. I’m sure your project will turn out cool.

Exactly, share your work with pride and pick up any tips while you're at it if you feel you need them. Cheers Mark! Then I use the box to make something... Wink

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The lighting you've added really does take it to another level, I'm loving it!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
skywalkersaga wrote:The lighting you've added really does take it to another level, I'm loving it!

Thank you SWS!

Got the last bit of EL-Wire to install then make a splitter. I finally got around to painting the mechanical arms but now have to work out how to attach them best, probably magnets like the original ones. I built my first Master Grade Gundam figure (the other was Perfect Grade), it's amazing how small they turn out when compared to their boxes which come jam packed with runners of parts, just a lot of engineering in one little figure.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 NveAJPU

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 9ndMAi4

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 4yfOMEw

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 NPeaD1G

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 KhsdPYP

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 XqhuMzx

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 XZDW7eI

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool, Alex. You must be getting close to the finish line on the gantry. Seeing this baby in action is going to be sweet.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Very cool, Alex. You must be getting close to the finish line on the gantry. Seeing this baby in action is going to be sweet.

Well it won't spin or actually take his armour off! lol! Wink

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Those arms look perfect!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Those arms look perfect!

Thanks GF! The paint match and the screws help offset most of the design differences I hope.

Nothing exciting but needed to be done, mounted the shoulder armour in a way similar to HT's version (rather than the KO's lazy effort of just plugging it into torso armour too far forward and not able to articulate) but without the fancy hinges and springs to do it. I just drilled carefully and applied SG very carefully so not to muck up his shoulder articulation, seems to work well. I also applied nail varnish to all his fingers and arm joints to tighten them up, then painted some on his mechanical chest parts for a glossier finish.

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 0wyiCRG

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 UZTKOwy

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 ZYYjL4Z

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 Y18rpRL

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 WQe7JDn

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 NHUwyhD

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 X486IbS

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 AKidNYy

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 PsAcvg1

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 3XYFfF3

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 5paT9dP

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 CIOk3A6

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 CywwZIx

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 Sova87n

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 W1Orhrb

HC Toys Iron Man MKVI KO Rebuild For Walking Gantry.The Photo Shoot Setup Trials & Tribulations..  - Page 4 TzpLi4t

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looking good, my friend. So, when you finish the gantry are you going to do sequential photos of the arms taking off bits of his armour! ‘cause that would be epic.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2011 wrote:Looking good, my friend. So, when you finish the gantry are you going to do sequential photos of the arms taking off bits of his armour! ‘cause that would be epic.

I'll give it a go! Wink I was thinking of calling it (the finished pics thread) 'Date Night' as JARVIS is reminding him in the movie clip that Pepper is expecting him, thought her turning late as Rescue would be an amusing twist.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nicely done. And I see what you guys meant about the film's CGI making the robo-hands (or whatever they really are) look too thin; this looks more plausible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum