OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu Empty Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:22 am

Adeno

Summary:

Pros: Very beautiful interpretation of the classic Japanese ghost painting by Maruyama Okyo, great selection of hands, great translucent body that looks great with different light settings, nice frame accessory, well thought out switchable arm styles.

Cons: Articulation is limited but it's mostly due to her being a floating ghost.

Full Review and Toy Comic Here

Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu 19-end1

Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu 20-end2

Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu 21-end3

Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu 22-end4

#Figma #SP-107 #Yurei-zu

2Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu Empty Re: Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:21 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the review. Figma does some pretty cool stuff. I'd only add that anyone handling their products should be extra careful with the articulated joints, which can easily snap -- at least in several other cases.

3Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu Empty Re: Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:21 am

Adeno

GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you for the review. Figma does some pretty cool stuff. I'd only add that anyone handling their products should be extra careful with the articulated joints, which can easily snap -- at least in several other cases.

Oh yeah, these smaller toys definitely have more fragile joints. Fortunately, the newer ones have tougher better quality joints. Whenever I get a new toy from Figuarts or Figma and I feel the joints are stiff, I normally use a hair dryer to heat and loosen them up a bit. If that doesn't work, I use Traxxas 1666 Silicone Shock Oil and it works like magic!

Speaking of broken stuff, I used to get those bootleg versions on Ebay for fun. Now those are really notorious for having easily broken joints and loose body parts! Look at this Figma Bruce Lee bootleg that I had lol! Anything around the $20-$30 or lower price coming from China on Ebay (or Aliexpress) is most likely a bootleg.

Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu 05-crippledmaster

Figma Bruce Lee bootleg

4Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu Empty Re: Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:49 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That's pretty cool. Is she 1/12? I haven't been into the smaller sizes for a long time (and I don't really want to start -- other than Popeye), but I'm curious. Cool photos by the way. That background is perfect.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu C8485110

5Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu Empty Re: Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:20 am

Adeno

Stryker2011 wrote:That's pretty cool. Is she 1/12? I haven't been into the smaller sizes for a long time (and I don't really want to start -- other than Popeye), but I'm curious. Cool photos by the way. That background is perfect.

Thanks! Yup, she's in the 6 inch scale realm (if that's what 1/12 is), fits perfectly with other brands of that scale like Figuarts.

6Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu Empty Re: Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:09 am

Peaches

Peaches
I'm unfamiliar with her story, but she's pretty amazing! And yes, that background is awesome!

7Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu Empty Re: Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:07 am

Adeno

Peaches wrote:I'm unfamiliar with her story, but she's pretty amazing!  And yes, that background is awesome!

Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu O47EtRb

Thanks!

As for her story, according to the artist named Maruyama Okyo, one night he woke up and saw this female ghost. The female ghost was his former lover, a geisha named Oyuki, who died way too early. He then drew her afterwards.

Here's more information about the author, the drawing, and the story Smile

https://folklorethursday.com/regional-folklore/japanese-folklore-maruyama-okyo-ghost-oyuki/

8Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu Empty Re: Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:36 am

Peaches

Peaches
Wow, interesting history! I thought you were referencing an anime, but it's historical art! Very neat!

9Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu Empty Re: Figma SP-107 Yurei-zu Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:52 am

blackpool

blackpool
very nice shots!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum