OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 12]

ZombieTestSubject

I'm glad you've kept up this topic. Lots of useful information. And funny presentations. I like that motorcycle too, we don't seem to see enough of them. Anyway, hope there's more to come.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
ZombieTestSubject wrote:I'm glad you've kept up this topic. Lots of useful information. And funny presentations. I like that motorcycle too, we don't seem to see enough of them. Anyway, hope there's more to come.

Thank you very much, glad you like them. The motorcycle is pretty sweet, and pretty nicely sized (we have had an ongoing conversation about how such vehicles are typically under-sized), but a bit of a sore subject -- it arrived missing one of the rear view mirrors. Sad Yes, there is more to come. Actually the Winter Soldier review you read could have ended up here, except I decided it was more of a review and added the Summer Soldier tangent. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

AlKelAstra91

It's so easy to miss some thread updates like this and have to go back through the pages to see what's new after not viewing for a long time. You've acquired quite the wardrobe for your figures, I can only imagine how many tiny closets it would take to display all of them. Nicely done finding attire to properly fit the M36, and I really dig that cargo biker vest. It's also funny to think about how in this addictive hobby, we can end up spending way more money on clothing for our dolls than we do for ourselves, hahaha. But I am guilty of this, I really should learn how to use a sewing machine at some point. Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 1f605

Alcina2k

Good day everyone Smile
What a fashion show and Ideas - you guys are so creative!!
I am thinking about buying a few extra feet for my phicen boys for their shoes - which company will give me the best bet of the right size of feet for most shoes available out there ... as there are so many manufacturers out there Smile
Thanks in advance!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
AlKelAstra91 wrote:It's so easy to miss some thread updates like this and have to go back through the pages to see what's new after not viewing for a long time. You've acquired quite the wardrobe for your figures, I can only imagine how many tiny closets it would take to display all of them. Nicely done finding attire to properly fit the M36, and I really dig that cargo biker vest. It's also funny to think about how in this addictive hobby, we can end up spending way more money on clothing for our dolls than we do for ourselves, hahaha. But I am guilty of this, I really should learn how to use a sewing machine at some point.  Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 1f605

Thank you very much, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I completely agree. Half the time I order clothing I think to myself that the real thing would cost as much or sometimes much less. I have also repeatedly realized that, despite the constant "they've got nothing to wear" feeling, I probably have more than enough clothing for all the male and female bodies I own already, just am too lazy/distracted to dig it up and try it out. I wish my sewing skills were better too, but even before trying, I am usually tripped up by the fundamental question of what fabric to use and whether it will stain.

Alcina2k wrote:Good day everyone Smile What a fashion show and Ideas - you guys are so creative!! I am thinking about buying a few extra feet for my phicen boys for their shoes - which company will give me the best bet of the right size of feet for most shoes available out there ... as there are so many manufacturers out there Smile Thanks in advance!

Thank you very much, I'm glad you're finding it useful. If you want footwear that will fit on the TBLeague feet, and if sporty fashions are your thing (or acceptable), look into the Kumik shoes in Part XXIII. They are made of a softer rubbery plastic, and you can usually push the feet in even without heating the shoes up with a hair dryer beforehand. Note, I have seen the grey ones mislabeled as women's on eBay. With heating, I was able to make the laced shoes worn by the guy with the man bun in Part XXII fit on the TBLeague feet. The Nike (and other?) slides (sold in their own little shoeboxes) also fit (see Part XVI and Part XXII).

The easiest option is to buy footwear that is not meant to go on the sixth-scale foot, but directly on the foot peg. If it happens to be tight, try heating it to accommodate the footpeg (might need to do so again to take it off). If the fit is not tight enough to keep the figure reasonably well-balanced, interpose a small length of flat elastic cord between the foot peg and the hole in the foot/footwear (illustrated at the end of Part XVII). If you do find footwear that you must absolutely use but it is designed for feet and won't fit on the TBLeague ones, use another company's feet (the best ones would be WorldBox, but also DAM, etc) -- they would typically be small enough to fit in the footwear, and, provided you can jam the TBLeague foot peg into their openings (use the elastic cord trick if the fit is a little loose), that would solve the problem.

Alcina2k

GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you very much, I'm glad you're finding it useful. If you want footwear that will fit on the TBLeague feet, and if sporty fashions are your thing (or acceptable), look into the Kumik shoes in Part XXIII. They are made of a softer rubbery plastic, and you can usually push the feet in even without heating the shoes up with a hair dryer beforehand. Note, I have seen the grey ones mislabeled as women's on eBay. With heating, I was able to make the laced shoes worn by the guy with the man bun in Part XXII fit on the TBLeague feet. The Nike (and other?) slides (sold in their own little shoeboxes) also fit (see Part XVI and Part XXII).

The easiest option is to buy footwear that is not meant to go on the sixth-scale foot, but directly on the foot peg. If it happens to be tight, try heating it to accommodate the footpeg (might need to do so again to take it off). If the fit is not tight enough to keep the figure reasonably well-balanced, interpose a small length of flat elastic cord between the foot peg and the hole in the foot/footwear (illustrated at the end of Part XVII). If you do find footwear that you must absolutely use but it is designed for feet and won't fit on the TBLeague ones, use another company's feet (the best ones would be WorldBox, but also DAM, etc) -- they would typically be small enough to fit in the footwear, and, provided you can jam the TBLeague foot peg into their openings (use the elastic cord trick if the fit is a little loose), that would solve the problem.

thank you so very much!!!

BAMComix

BAMComix
wow! that guy is tall! great comparison pics bounce bounce

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Alcina2k wrote:thank you so very much!!!

You are very welcome, I hope you find a good fit.

BAMComix wrote:wow! that guy is tall! great comparison pics bounce bounce

He sure is. Thank you.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part XXIV: Nouveau Toys and Jiaou Doll female clothing

Normally others beat me to the various clothing options for female figures, so this has not been the primarily focus of this thread. After long wondering about them, I recently invested into several outfits from Nouveau Toys ( www.NouveauToys.com , they also have an eBay store). I wanted clothing that looked good but also realistic and not overly-sexualized. I also got a leather-like red bodysuit from Jiaou Doll (more photos HERE), and managing to get the TBLeague figure inside it successfully is one of my crowning achievements. The Nouveau Toys clothing is generally very good, although it varies in the degree to which it looks realistic -- the grey suit looks rather puffy and baggy on the figure, although I confess I did not attempt any corrective action on it; the white v-neck shirt opens at the back like a Barbie garment, although it is relatively well concealed. All the sets fit better the taller older TBLeague bodies, and I reserved the sportier, looser outfit for the smaller S25B. They do not impede functionality and articulation, and the same is basically true even for the red Jiaou bodysuit. Apart from that one, which has a real zipper at the back, the garments use velcro and push buttons to close.

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Ftblc010

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Ftblc011

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Ftblc012

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’m guessing the red bodysuit is actual vinyl — the same type I used when I made my custom Vampirella — you can get it in varying degrees of thickness in mm, so it doesn’t surprise me that it doesn’t impede articulation. Years ago I had found some online fetish shop that sold the material to make… well, you know… so it was ideal for my purposes at the time.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I’m guessing the red bodysuit is actual vinyl — the same type I used when I made my custom Vampirella — you can get it in varying degrees of thickness in mm, so it doesn’t surprise me that it doesn’t impede articulation. Years ago I had found some online fetish shop that sold the material to make… well, you know… so it was ideal for my purposes at the time.

I wouldn't know. Up close (not captured in the photos) you can make out a little bit of a fabric-like horizontal and especially vertical patterning in the material. I hope it holds up, unlike some of Hot Toys' rubbery body suits. Naturally this was meant for Gridney, but patience was never one of my many virtues, so she got a damaged black body suit long before this one arrived. Probably not an easy material to work with, if you were doing the outfit from scratch.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for including some female clothing/bodies on this thread. The grey suit definitely needs some alteration, but the rest of the outfits seem pretty good. Which headsculpt is the one on the s12d in the red?

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks for including some female clothing/bodies on this thread. The grey suit definitely needs some alteration, but the rest of the outfits seem pretty good. Which headsculpt is the one on the s12d in the red?

No problem. Finally got to. Part of the issue is actually keeping track of what came from where (and also a general reticence to put possibly staining dark clothes on the bodies). In fact, one of the reasons for this thread is to help me track it down when I eventually forget or get confused. I'm wondering if the grey suit might not look better on a heftier body. Or what body they used to model it, on which it looked great. Case in point, I had forgotten which head sculpt this is (on the S12D), except that I'm sure it is a TBLeague head. But you made me try to look it up, and it is from their Silver Spartan Commander:
https://www.monkeydepot.com/Head_TBLeague_Silver_Spartan_Commander_p/pcl1645.htm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ah ok, thanks for the identity of the head -- for some reason it looks different in your pic and I didn't recognise it. 

And yeah, maybe a larger body would 'suit' the suit. ;D

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Ah ok, thanks for the identity of the head -- for some reason it looks different in your pic and I didn't recognise it. And yeah, maybe a larger body would 'suit' the suit. ;D

You are welcome. And thanks for making me look it up. I'll investigate the suit further. And I see what you did there. Wink

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I hate to bother you about this, but I actually have one of those Jiaou doll body suits (the same make as the red one in your pics), and I'm trying to figure out if it will fit a different Jiaou body or not. I believe it is tailored to the large bust Jiaou body, but I was thinking of using it with the medium bust one instead (not the most recent one with the slimmer shoulders, I mean the regular medium bust Jiaou body). I know you don't own every Jiaou body, but just thought I'd check in case. The reason I'm asking is that I don't want to go purchasing a medium bust body only to have it not fit (just can't afford wasted purchases right now).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:I hate to bother you about this, but I actually have one of those Jiaou doll body suits (the same make as the red one in your pics), and I'm trying to figure out if it will fit a different Jiaou body or not. I believe it is tailored to the large bust Jiaou body, but I was thinking of using it with the medium bust one instead (not the most recent one with the slimmer shoulders, I mean the regular medium bust Jiaou body). I know you don't own every Jiaou body, but just thought I'd check in case. The reason I'm asking is that I don't want to go purchasing a medium bust body only to have it not fit (just can't afford wasted purchases right now).

I was planning on just leaving the bodysuit on the TBLeague body for a long while (it was such a pain to put on), but before I go checking, can you supply a specific Jiaou body number? All my Jiaou female bodies are (I think) from their first and second releases, with seamless ankles and then with swappable feet. I never got their "European" bodies or any of the ones that may have followed.

Correction -- some of the bodies have a 3.0 designation so perhaps first three releases then.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:I hate to bother you about this, but I actually have one of those Jiaou doll body suits (the same make as the red one in your pics), and I'm trying to figure out if it will fit a different Jiaou body or not. I believe it is tailored to the large bust Jiaou body, but I was thinking of using it with the medium bust one instead (not the most recent one with the slimmer shoulders, I mean the regular medium bust Jiaou body). I know you don't own every Jiaou body, but just thought I'd check in case. The reason I'm asking is that I don't want to go purchasing a medium bust body only to have it not fit (just can't afford wasted purchases right now).

I was planning on just leaving the bodysuit on the TBLeague body for a long while (it was such a pain to put on), but before I go checking, can you supply a specific Jiaou body number? All my Jiaou female bodies are (I think) from their first and second releases, with seamless ankles and then with swappable feet. I never got their "European" bodies or any of the ones that may have followed.

Correction -- some of the bodies have a 3.0 designation so perhaps first three releases then.

Oh, please don't go to the trouble of removing the suit to check. I only just wanted some advice on a comparison between the size/shape of the bodies themselves. 

I believe it was this style of Jiaou doll body I was considering purchasing: 

https://giantoy.com/products/in-stock-jiaoul-female-10c-mid-bust-w-detachable-feet-seamless-12in-figure-body?_pos=2&_sid=50fb67a6f&_ss=r

Mainly just wondering if there is a huge drastic difference between the body in the above link and the 'regular' large bust Jiaou bodies. If you aren't sure, no worries, I can ask this on a Jiaou-specific thread instead. : )

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Mainly just wondering if there is a huge drastic difference between the body in the above link and the 'regular' large bust Jiaou bodies. If you aren't sure, no worries, I can ask this on a Jiaou-specific thread instead. : )

Ok, I can't be 100% certain, but I believe I have a body corresponding to the one in your link. It is a detachable feet 3.0 with a smaller (i.e., medium?) breast size. The "wheat" skinned one in the middle of this reference image from a couple of years ago:

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Jd201810

Because the bodysuit is somewhat stretchy, it is no surprise that it works on this body too, even if it is a little smaller-breasted than the TBLeague S12D. Here is how it fits on my Jiaou, which is (presumably) a JOQ-10C-BS:

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Jdfrbs10

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Jdfrbs11

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Jdfrbs12

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Jdfrbs13

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Jdfrbs14

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Jdfrbs15

Keep in mind that the Jiaou joints are less able to hold a pose than the TBLeague ones, and the bodysuit affects this to a point (hence all the articulation options shown).

Hope this helps.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks so much for going to the trouble of taking the pics, GF! And the comparisons are indeed very helpful -- really appreciate it.

Seven Pillars

Seven Pillars
Thanks very much for this guide. It really helps to see how the various bodies fit into the clothes.

I'm eyeing some E&S and Damtoys male military figures but if they're as limited in their poses as my VeryCool female figures then I'm replacing them with seamless bodies. The thing is what you've pointed out earlier in the thread is true: Phicen males are too broad-shouldered and over-muscled. I bought a BDU for my M35 and while the pants are ok, the shirt can't get around the shoulders. It looked like the Hulk bursting out of his clothes.

I wish Phicen would produce male bodies which are not superhero-proportioned, like the Jiaou males. Lean and athletic without being ripped to high heaven. How do you find the flexibility of the Jiaous, compared to the Phicens?

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 1f1f8  Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 1f1ea  Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 1f1fb  Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 1f1ea  Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 1f1f3

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Thanks so much for going to the trouble of taking the pics, GF! And the comparisons are indeed very helpful -- really appreciate it.

You are very welcome. More coming up today.

Seven Pillars wrote:Thanks very much for this guide. It really helps to see how the various bodies fit into the clothes.

I'm eyeing some E&S and Damtoys male military figures but if they're as limited in their poses as my VeryCool female figures then I'm replacing them with seamless bodies. The thing is what you've pointed out earlier in the thread is true: Phicen males are too broad-shouldered and over-muscled. I bought a BDU for my M35 and while the pants are ok, the shirt can't get around the shoulders. It looked like the Hulk bursting out of his clothes.

I wish Phicen would produce male bodies which are not superhero-proportioned, like the Jiaou males. Lean and athletic without being ripped to high heaven. How do you find the flexibility of the Jiaous, compared to the Phicens?

Thank you very much, I'm glad you find it useful (more coming up today, including something reflecting what you bring up). Generally speaking, the easiest Phicen/TBLeague to clothe would be the M31, which is unfortunate in some other ways but overall slimmer and maybe less broad-shouldered than the others. For example, my "Death Star Troopers" in my Star Wars threads use the M31 in generally tight Hot Toys uniforms (see Rivals and the links at the end of its first post). Some of the male Jiaou Doll figures are perhaps also less bulky than most TBLeague male bodies (but not necessarily so -- they seem to have fairly thick legs even in slimmer figures), but as noted here for a Jiaou female body in a Jiaou bodysuit, Jiaou's plastic skeletons with (only) metal joints have a harder time holding a more extreme articulated pose to begin with, and even more so when inside at least slightly restrictive clothing. So if you are going to dress him up completely, M31 is probably your best bet. M32 is also lean, but fairly broad-shouldered and, somewhat surprisingly since it is supposed to be a stereotypically Asian (Bruce Lee) body type, even taller. M33 (my usual go to) is slim compared to M30, M34, and M35, but does have pretty beefy upper arms.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Part XXV: MIC Toys military male, Career Doll and Nouveau Toys female clothing

I picked up a few of the pieces from MIC Toys 001 Captain America (Camouflage Version) -- where "camouflage" means "stealth" or rather "undercover." For the most part they fit pretty well on an M33 body, which I outfitted with the modified (de-necked) MIC Toys head: certainly the pants, belt, and undershirt. The boots fit too, but just a little loosely, so I taped some electrical tape to the steel ankle pegs before inserting them in. The jacket is a tight fit, especially if you do not want the top push button to become unbuttoned. The sleeves are either a little short or the arms a little long (or both). The cloth hat fits pretty well, but it is a little oversized (to fit over the molded hair) and its shape is a bit odd, in part because of a cardboard insert over the forehead. Cutting this down to size ought to help a little bit. The dog tags and watch are from other sets.

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Ctbm0110

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Ctbm0210

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Ctbm0310

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Ctbm0410

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Ctbm0510

Next up is a chance find at a dollar store. Being from the dollar store, the quality is not top-notch, but the nurse scrubs (if that's what they are called in this case) work quite well on the small S25B body. The diminutive doll shoes and pink stethoscope are useless, but otherwise the two garments (pants and top) make do. There are some loose threads, however, that I should attend to.

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Ctbm0610

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Ctbm0710

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Ctbm0810

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Ctbm0910

Finally, a few more outfits from Nouveau Toys: S17B's dress, S23B's denim skirt and boots, S19B's dress, and S25B's skirt and flat shoes. The separate skirts are a little wide at the waist, although I suppose that is better than being too tight. The dresses fit very well, and easily enough. S25B's top was too tight to button over the breast, but it is from some other set (I forget). The Nouveau Toys shoes worked on the "standard" and "smaller" (for S25B) feet pretty well. I loved the flats, actually, and wish I had more of them.

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Ctbm1010

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Ctbm1110

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Ctbm1210

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 Ctbm1310

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Those are nice finds! The VeryCool Spetsnaz on the s25b turned out really cute. I suspected that head might work better on that body once it was clothed.  And I agree that those flat black shoes are great -- I recently picked up a pair myself. I haven't tried any of the actual clothing from that shop yet, but I do like some of it. That white sundress is prob my fave of the bunch.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Those are nice finds! The VeryCool Spetsnaz on the s25b turned out really cute. I suspected that head might work better on that body once it was clothed.  And I agree that those flat black shoes are great -- I recently picked up a pair myself. I haven't tried any of the actual clothing from that shop yet, but I do like some of it. That white sundress is prob my fave of the bunch.

Thank you, I'm glad you like them. I agree, the Ms Spetsnaz head does look better on these small bodies when they are clothed. I'll be looking into getting more flat shoes for the ladies; those high heels are killing me (and I'm sure they don't like them much either). Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some good catches. The fatigues look a bit big — which is odd considering the body used for Steve Rogers, but overall not bad. It’s funny seeing that Ripley head on such a short body.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Some good catches. The fatigues look a bit big — which is odd considering the body used for Steve Rogers, but overall not bad. It’s funny seeing that Ripley head on such a short body.

Thank you. About the fatigues, I think I see what you mean (although the sleeves appear to be a little short -- or are they that way in real life?). The body Ripley's head is on isn't that different in height from the other ones (except for the petite S25B) -- what you are looking at is the surprisingly different effect of flat soles vs high heels. But I had the same reaction, too. Nevertheless, if creates a neat variation in height among a bunch of characters which would not be there is they were wearing the same type of footwear (or none).

Ephiane

Ephiane
Another useful great Thread. Thanks for showing !

Clothing TBLeague / Phicen Seamless Bodies updated: Part XXX, December 2022 - Page 8 A5m6xa10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ephiane wrote:Another useful great Thread. Thanks for showing !

Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it. And I think that statement is Stryker's motto.

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum