OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

First kit bash

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

21First kit bash - Page 2 Empty Re: First kit bash Wed May 22, 2019 12:56 am

Parabellum

Hahhahahahaha! Thank you! I’m thinking of somehow changing the number “38” on the rebreather to “13”. Maybe some black tape over the current number and then apply some stickers.

22First kit bash - Page 2 Empty Re: First kit bash Wed May 22, 2019 1:09 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Parabellum wrote:Hahhahahahaha!  Thank you!  I’m thinking of somehow changing the number “38” on the rebreather to “13”.  Maybe some black tape over the current number and then apply some stickers.  

Sometimes black tape (like the black "chalkboard" tape they sell) works remarkably well for reversible alterations.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

23First kit bash - Page 2 Empty Re: First kit bash Wed May 22, 2019 1:38 am

Parabellum

Great! Thx! Looking at vinyl stick on numbers right now.

24First kit bash - Page 2 Empty Re: First kit bash Wed May 22, 2019 5:20 am

actionfiguremovies2

They do all look great. It's like his back story before he became an agent. Very Cool.
You've been bitten by the Kit bash bug now.

AFM

25First kit bash - Page 2 Empty Re: First kit bash Thu May 23, 2019 4:03 am

Parabellum

So I decided to change the number on the front of his rebreather from “38” to “13” (well, he’s Golgo 13). I took a clean piece of electrical tape and cut it to fit over the original numbers then applied 1/2” vinyl stick on numbers. To get the “stencil look” on the number three I took a pencil and ruler and marked the spots on the “3”. Next I took and exacto knife and cut along both sides of the pencil markings. Because the numbers are vinyl I just used a pare of needle nose tweezers to straighten them out. The reason he’s holding the fins in his hand now is because the clip holding them on his belt broke. I kind of like it better, in this way you can see all his accessories.
First kit bash - Page 2 Bbb4b410
First kit bash - Page 2 B963c410

26First kit bash - Page 2 Empty Re: First kit bash Thu May 23, 2019 4:11 am

Parabellum

Next was getting the dive knife on his leg. As I said before the straps where just too short. What I did was remove the buckles and lay the straps flat. I had some Velcro squares lying around so I measured the width of the straps and cut the Velcro accordingly. Next I glued the Velcro strips to the straps. Once the glue was dry I secured it to his leg and cut the excess. Came out better than I thought it would, lol.
First kit bash - Page 2 08bad510
First kit bash - Page 2 E449ea10
First kit bash - Page 2 A0f92510

27First kit bash - Page 2 Empty Re: First kit bash Thu May 23, 2019 4:20 am

Parabellum

One thing I did notice is these 1/6 wet suits are not durable. I had to handle him quite a bit getting the gear on him, also there is a lot of rubbing. I’m already noticing some wear on the shoulder. I’ll probably get another wet suit as a back up at some point but I’m good for now. Unless you look real close it isn’t noticeable. I’m done with him so he’ll be static for quite sometime.
First kit bash - Page 2 5d4d0410

28First kit bash - Page 2 Empty Re: First kit bash Thu May 23, 2019 4:29 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Great job. The stenciling turned out great. Be careful with the right arm position— if the suit is that intolerant of touching, etc., keeping his arm bent like that too long could further damage the suit.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

First kit bash - Page 2 C8485110

29First kit bash - Page 2 Empty Re: First kit bash Thu May 23, 2019 4:48 am

Parabellum

Thank you! I checked the tension on the suit with his arm bent and and it’s not pulling (but I will keep what you said in mind). I think when I was putting the buoyancy vest back on it must have rubbed the shoulder wrong. I had to remove it a few times to get the straps right.

30First kit bash - Page 2 Empty Re: First kit bash Thu May 23, 2019 11:08 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I’m liking the added details, he looks even more awesome now!

And it is indeed frustrating how delicate some fabric can be. Is it actually tearing a bit, or is it just getting a bit ‘picked’ when you touch it? I realize that it might have been caused by another 1/6 object rubbing against it rather than your fingers, but one thing I do as a precaution when handling delicate fabric on figures is wear gloves — the sort of tight-fitting, latex-free medical type ones. I do this just because I have had instances of my nails scratching things or even just dry skin on my fingers catching on fabric. So I often wear those when handling, just in case.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

31First kit bash - Page 2 Empty Re: First kit bash Thu May 23, 2019 2:04 pm

Parabellum

It appears to be “picked” I guess. From what I can see the wet suit is made of two layers. Maybe a fabric base with the “Neoprene” over it. The base fabric is fine it’s the outer layer. I didn’t think of using gloves. Definitely for next time. Taking into account what Stryker2011 said about the arm bend causing stress I plan on periodically checking to made sure it doesn’t get any worse. Thank you everybody!

I’m not going to lie, this “kit bashing” is like crack, lol. I’m already planning several more characters. I might never buy a pre assembled figure again.....wait......that’s a lie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum