OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Jungle and a Desert Within Half A Block: My second outdoor shoot

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Sharing the photos from my second outdoor shoot, all still taken within no more than five hundred feet of my living room and some much closer.  I think this set is much better than my first in the sandbox, and again, I welcome any comment or critiques.  I still don't particularly enjoy shooting outdoors, but it does open up possibilities you won't likely have shooting indoors.  

A Jungle and a Desert Within Half A Block:  My second outdoor shoot 48069017683_47514e068c_b20190615_0005 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko navigates the jungle at the edge of my building's parking lot.  

A Jungle and a Desert Within Half A Block:  My second outdoor shoot 48069074092_cd9326ea6f_b20190615_0014 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

I actually had to lie with my leg in a puddle in the parking lot to get this shot.  In retrospect, I should have placed the figure a few feet more to camera right.  

A Jungle and a Desert Within Half A Block:  My second outdoor shoot 48068968931_7483f16599_h20190615_0019 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Gogo scouts the jungle path between my building and the condos next door.  

A Jungle and a Desert Within Half A Block:  My second outdoor shoot 48069073872_899e1e390a_b20190615_0030 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

I changed the color balance on this one to warm it up a bit from the blah, overcast day color of the original file.

A Jungle and a Desert Within Half A Block:  My second outdoor shoot 48068968671_c2d1ee2fac_b20190615_0042 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

I thought the juniper bush might look a bit like a bonsai tree at this scale.  What do you think?

A Jungle and a Desert Within Half A Block:  My second outdoor shoot 48068968546_0fb0935534_b20190615_0060 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Kamiko spots something suspicious and calls a halt to observe.

A Jungle and a Desert Within Half A Block:  My second outdoor shoot 48068902093_10981e45e9_b20190615_0067 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

I had not previously noted until today that the park across the street from me had a stone retaining wall full of large rocks with a high iron oxide content, and suddenly, the patrol is back in the New Mexico desert. Miyori takes stock of the situation.  I balance this and the other images in this set for daylight, again because of the blahness of the overcast sky today.

A Jungle and a Desert Within Half A Block:  My second outdoor shoot 48068852301_de37b4fc53_b20190615_0070 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Upon reflection, I should have pulled that weed at camera left out before taking the shot.  

A Jungle and a Desert Within Half A Block:  My second outdoor shoot 48068852281_9d4ba4c7a1_b20190615_0073 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/35531831@N02/48068901763/in/dateposted-public/
This is pretty much my favorite shot of the series. What do you think of it?

A Jungle and a Desert Within Half A Block:  My second outdoor shoot 48068852126_0a6c9f10be_b20190615_0087 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

I should have pulled a few more weeds out before taking this shot as well.  Oh well, live and learn.   I'll do better next time.

Delanie

Delanie
I do like your shots I'm going to have a go myself while im at my folks you have given me ideas

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Delanie wrote:I do like your shots I'm going to have a go myself while im at my folks you have given me ideas

Thank you. I'm glad I was able to inspire you somehow.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks good. Even in New Mexico they do have some plant life — maybe not quite that green or leafy, but they do have them. Nice poses and shots.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

A Jungle and a Desert Within Half A Block:  My second outdoor shoot C8485110

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:Looks good. Even in New Mexico they do have some plant life — maybe not quite that green or leafy, but they do have them. Nice poses and shots.

Thanks. I would have stayed out longer once I found that wall, but the weather was so poopy...it started to rain as i was just getting really into it and it's, still raining. Blah. Oh well, i'm sure I'll have some decent shooting days at some point.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I can see why you set your girls in the New Mexico desert, where it hardly ever rains. Smile Very nice outdoors shots. These can be tricky, although I admittedly tend to keep to my yard and the few spots where it won't be in plain view of the neighbors. Smile Props for doing it in public.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GubernatorFan wrote:I can see why you set your girls in the New Mexico desert, where it hardly ever rains. Smile Very nice outdoors shots. These can be tricky, although I admittedly tend to keep to my yard and the few spots where it won't be in plain view of the neighbors. Smile Props for doing it in public.

Yes, they can be very tricky.  I ended up with my leg in a puddle on one of them, and if you look at the last sequence, the one with the rocks, what's not shown is that they are sitting at the top of a steep grassy slope and it was no fun lying down on it either, or worse still, trying to get back up.  I do like the rocks however and plan to make more use of them when the weather is better.

The thing that I am discovering, to the detriment of my wallet, is how addictive 1/6 scale collecting, kit bashing and photographing is.

Delanie

Delanie
It sure is my friend my purse my poor purse flinches when ever i look at a new figure and my bank manager ……. !

I appreciate your problems with the weather it's been raining non stop , okay i exaggerate but for hours each day for a week over here in the uk which means the light changes too

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Gorgeous photos, TPB! Your girls look good in both the ‘jungle’ and the ‘desert’. And don’t worry about the weeds, they add some visual interest. Smile

And Delanie, the almost constant rain has been pretty depressing over here atm, that’s for sure. :/

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Delanie wrote:It sure is my friend my purse my poor purse flinches when ever i look at a new figure and my bank manager ……. !

I appreciate your problems with the weather it's been raining non stop , okay i exaggerate but for hours each day for a week over here in the uk which means the light changes too

skywalkersaga wrote:Gorgeous photos, TPB! Your girls look good in both the ‘jungle’ and the ‘desert’. And don’t worry about the weeds, they add some visual interest. Smile

And Delanie, the almost constant rain has been pretty depressing over here atm, that’s for sure. :/

An old joke form WWII:

Two Canadian soldiers in a camp somewhere in England are awakened by booms in the middle of the night.

Is that thunder, or bombs?" asks the first.

"I'm pretty sure it's bombs," replies the second.

"Oh thank God," answers the first. "I thought it was going to rain again."

Thank-you both for your feedback. It's much appreciated.

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Very cool shots. I love the perspective, figure, posing. Thanks for sharing!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Pontiacivan wrote:Very cool shots. I love the perspective, figure, posing. Thanks for sharing!

Thank-you. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Killer shots! That stone wall area especially is such a perfect backdrop. And I agree that the bit of greenery adds some additional interest, and doesn't detract at all from the shots. And it's great to see your crew continue to grow! All looking appropriately badass.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ReverendSpooky wrote:Killer shots!  That stone wall area especially is such a perfect backdrop.  And I agree that the bit of greenery adds some additional interest, and doesn't detract at all from the shots.  And it's great to see your crew continue to grow!  All looking appropriately badass.

Thanks Spooky! That means a lot to me coming from you, the king of badass! I just shot a few more and they will be appearing shortly.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:Killer shots!  That stone wall area especially is such a perfect backdrop.  And I agree that the bit of greenery adds some additional interest, and doesn't detract at all from the shots.  And it's great to see your crew continue to grow!  All looking appropriately badass.

Thanks Spooky!  That means a lot to me coming from you, the king of badass! I just shot a few more and they will be appearing shortly.  

Ah, thanks man! I'm psyched to see them! Always look forward to your photoshoots.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ReverendSpooky wrote:
ThePhotogsBlog wrote:

Thanks Spooky!  That means a lot to me coming from you, the king of badass! I just shot a few more and they will be appearing shortly.  

Ah, thanks man!  I'm psyched to see them!  Always look forward to your photoshoots.

New set up in half an hour. Kamiko among the rocks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum