OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Female General Artemisia 2.0 (SA0045S)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Rogerbee

Founding Father

I get where you're coming from there. It's part of why I fell out of love with custom figures, no matter what you do they'll never be as good as someone else's and you always feel let down when yours doesn't ever seem to match theirs. You always get "Why don't you use...". I don't, simply because, if I did, I'd have 'their' figure when I want my figure. If you get what everyone else has they all start to look the same, which rather defeats the object of it being a custom figure. Custom should mean something unique that nobody else has done.

CHEERS!

Rogerbee

Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:
Check out the thread over at the Freaks, and you’ll see how many people are willing to get their stuff anyway ... even though they know they will have to either get a new head sculpt, or mod the hell out of it. Frankly, if I have to do that much work to make it even remotely passable, I’d rather start from scratch.

That's SSF for you, that place becomes toxic after a while, they draw you in and you find yourself following a herd and spending way more than you wanted to just to fit in.

CHEERS!

skywalkersaga

Rogerbee wrote:
I get where you're coming from there. It's part of why I fell out of love with custom figures, no matter what you do they'll never be as good as someone else's and you always feel let down when yours doesn't ever seem to match theirs. You always get "Why don't you use...". I don't, simply because, if I did, I'd have 'their' figure when I want my figure. If you get what everyone else has they all start to look the same, which rather defeats the object of it being a custom figure. Custom should mean something unique that nobody else has done.

This is one of the reasons I have been avoiding looking too much at what others have previously done, at least with regard to the specific versions of characters I want to create. It creates a sense of pressure that can be overwhelming and make me feel like I'll never be good enough. When all I started out doing was wanting a character dressed as they are from this or that scene. Of course, I've done some basic google searches at times, but actually hanging out on certain, ahem, overly competitive forums....no thanks. I totally agree with your assessment that certain mentalities are toxic and suck the fun out of this hobby. I'm determined not to let that happen for myself. Smile

Rogerbee

Founding Father

I hear you, I've just taken delivery of a Joker vinyl kit that was made by Billiken in the late 80's and the beauty of it is that you can create 2 different looks with heads and accessories and there are ways to make the parts for both interchangeable which I think is a clever touch. For example, he has a flower you can put on his lapel and they've made it so you can simply peg it into the button hole, so clever.

I may put magnets in the heads so I can swap them out easily, fun times ahead!

CHEERS!

agentghost

agentghost
Rogerbee wrote:
BTW if you want Audrey Hepburn, Blitzway make a nice statue of her from Roman Holiday, it even comes with her scooter.

CHEERS!

thx.  I didnt know that this exists and I don't collect 1/4 anyhow.  Too big and too expensive

is this it?  her smile creeps me out

StarAceToys - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Female General Artemisia 2.0 (SA0045S) - Page 2 DinQwROXkAA36jK

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Yes, that's the one, didn't know it was 1/4 scale. I may be wrong, but, I thought they also made her in 1/6.

CHEERS!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
As far as I know they only did 1/4.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

StarAceToys - NEW PRODUCT: Star Ace Toys: 1/6 "300 Warriors: The Rise of the Empire" - Female General Artemisia 2.0 (SA0045S) - Page 2 C8485110

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I see, I was sure somebody else made a figure of her from Breakfast At Tiffany's.

CHEERS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum