OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Empty Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:29 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
I received my M36 in the mail a while ago and made some...modifications. I also tried out that oil pastel coloring trick. What a great body the M36 is, even though it's much taller and hard to find fitting clothes without making them yourself...the lengthiness allows such greater range and ease of posing. I will definitely have to get another of these sometime. I'm only scratching the surface with this one but figured I'd share some early photos. Very Happy

Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Img_2035
Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Img_2036
Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Img_2037
Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Img_2038
Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Img_2039
Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Img_2040
Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Img_2041
Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Img_2042

2Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Empty Re: Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:31 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interesting character, and nice job on the body coloring. What technique did you use?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy C8485110

3Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Empty Re: Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:59 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Congratulations. He looks as creepy as hell. I'm presuming that's the look you were aiming for.

4Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Empty Re: Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:26 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
AlKelAstra91 wrote:I received my M36 in the mail a while ago and made some...modifications. I also tried out that oil pastel coloring trick. What a great body the M36 is, even though it's much taller and hard to find fitting clothes without making them yourself...the lengthiness allows such greater range and ease of posing. I will definitely have to get another of these sometime. I'm only scratching the surface with this one but figured I'd share some early photos. Very Happy

Beautifully done. What a unique and interesting character, and nicely presented -- love the hat snatching tease.

Stryker2011 wrote:Interesting character, and nice job on the body coloring. What technique did you use?

He said oil pastel, and I think it worked out very well too.

5Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Empty Re: Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:33 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Looks freakin awesome!! LOVE that body and I love your style!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

6Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Empty Re: Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:10 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:He said oil pastel, and I think it worked out very well too.

Ahh, my bad for jumping ahead to the pictures.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy C8485110

7Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Empty Re: Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:45 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
Fantastic Creature , love him ! Great Job at sculpting the Head and use of Feathers, Hair and the Oil pastels !

8Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Empty Re: Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:57 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Ahhh this is so cool! I love how tattered and worn his wings are!

9Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Empty Re: Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:23 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Very cool! I really must try these new male bodies out sometime and the pastel technique on seamless bodies too. Great result!

10Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Empty Re: Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:50 am

Ovy

Ovy
That's the athlete/basketball body right?

Really amazing, fits the grungy urban mystic (let's call it....grurbic) theme of your other characters really well. Does the Pastell rub off on clothing or when handling, or is this the ultimate method?

11Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Empty Re: Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:24 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:That's the athlete/basketball body right?

Really amazing, fits the grungy urban mystic (let's call it....grurbic) theme of your other characters really well. Does the Pastell rub off on clothing or when handling, or is this the ultimate method?

At the risk of seeming to butt in, but I do have the first hand experience with these too, yes, this is the M36 very tall body (which came in two skintone versions A white and B black) reviewed HERE. As for the oil pastel method, invented and perfected by Ephiane, according to her advice and my own experience trying to replicate it, if "finished off" correctly, the pastel does not rub off. By this I mean a lot of smoothing/cleaning/scrubbing with a make-up sponge. Then test by gently wiping a white (or other light-colored) cloth or paper towel over it to see if any pastel comes off. More fully in the thread we made a "painting seamless bodies" tutorial HERE (starting with post 16).

12Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Empty Re: Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:48 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Ah thanks, I knew there was a thread about it somewhere. Haven't played much attention to it yet as I don't own any seamless bodies yet, but I am planning to get some for future projects. Cheers for all the time (and money) you guys put into pioneering research there.

13Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Empty Re: Bird Person/Blue Monster Guy Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:34 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Well conceived custom. I think you did a great job!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum