OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests Empty Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:17 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Yesterday I got some backdrops from overseas and took the chance to pause my Diorama project (will show you when it is finished) and made some pictures with my two Monster Hunter Figures. Quick and dirty...the backdrop still has some wrinkles... need to find better options, but most cardboard or posters are expensive at bigger sizes.
Most of these backdrops are rather one trick ponys though. I kinda like them but on the other hand - after a few shots they can get boring fast.
Do you also use some? Maybe as shelf backgrounds?

Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests Dsc06717

Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests Dsc06715

Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests Dsc06710

Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests Dsc06716

Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests Dsc06714

Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests Dsc06712

2Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests Empty Re: Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:49 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pretty cool. No, I haven’t used any of those on shelves yet, or for photos. I’d like to do some, but just haven’t gotten around to it. I have one photo backdrop in my Jabba the Hutt display (put together for me by blackpool), but that’s the only one.

Interesting Geralt. Did you make that head sculpt? More pics of your Monster Hunters would be most welcome.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests C8485110

3Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests Empty Re: Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:14 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Those look really cool, imo! I'd love to have a permanent display with shelf backdrops like that, but not quite 'there' yet. Still very slooowly working on my display room, and once it's done, I already have too many framed pictures to go on the walls that there won't be much room anywhere for backdrops. 

But I *am* planning on using some backdrops like that for my photoshoots, eventually. I really like how moody those ones are, they are very suited to your figures. Love your custom Geralt, and also is that other figure from Brotherhood of the Wolf?! Either way, looks great! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests Empty Re: Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:41 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Very nice! I like the forest shots the best, very spooky!

5Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests Empty Re: Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:50 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Stryker2011 wrote:Pretty cool. No, I haven’t used any of those on shelves yet, or for photos. I’d like to do some, but just haven’t gotten around to it. I have one photo backdrop in my Jabba the Hutt display (put together for me by blackpool), but that’s the only one.

Interesting Geralt. Did you make that head sculpt? More pics of your Monster Hunters would be most welcome.

Yeah, was my first ever try at rooting hair. Not perfect Laughing Looks a bit like he has a 18th century wig or sth, but well...Gotta start somewhere Wink
Turned out a bit too white

skywalkersaga wrote:Those look really cool, imo! I'd love to have a permanent display with shelf backdrops like that, but not quite 'there' yet. Still very slooowly working on my display room, and once it's done, I already have too many framed pictures to go on the walls that there won't be much room anywhere for backdrops. 

But I *am* planning on using some backdrops like that for my photoshoots, eventually. I really like how moody those ones are, they are very suited to your figures. Love your custom Geralt, and also is that other figure from Brotherhood of the Wolf?! Either way, looks great! Smile

Backdrops are cool, but the wrinkles are annyoing...Unless you have like a cardboard or poster thing. But for real shooting scenes, you need a big one.
The second figure reminds more people on Brotherhood of the Wolf, but it is Bloodhunter from the Bloodborne Game. Same style though!

6Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests Empty Re: Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:10 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think the hair looks good, even more so if it is your first attempt. The backdrops also work fine, didn't notice any wrinkles, and seemed very appropriate for the scenes. Are they printed on cloth/canvas or on paper? I haven't done it since my big move, but I used to make my backdrops from sufficiently large and high-resolution photos (usually just cropping and playing with the colors, but occasionally something a bit more creative or intrusive), then printing them out on non-glossy (matte) paper at Staples.

7Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests Empty Re: Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:25 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Those look very good, specially the forest one. I have never used them, instead opting to use a piece of off-white canvas cloth which worked quite well until I made a backdrop.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Monster Hunter Backdrop Tests 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum