OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Black Series Zuckuss is on his way ... and now here!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

scalawag

scalawag
Part I
For Part II (Zuckuss is here!) see post 11 below.

Well I preordered this back in Nov/Dec 2018, and I finally got the email today to say Zuckuss has been dispatched!!!!  Quite why it has taken this long I don't know, but this is the UK lol.

Anyway as you can see his compatriots have been waiting patiently for his arrival.

Black Series Zuckuss is on his way ... and now here! 2ZwyCA7

I will of course post my thoughts and more pics when he is finally in my hand.

I also ordered a TomyTec Little Armory MG3 kit to tart up Dengar a bit with a  more accurate weapon.  Cost me more than the figure did lol.  More on this when it arrives too.

Paul

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Looking forward to seeing him with the others! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

scalawag

scalawag
Well the figure has been covered extensively before, but I guess my opinions might interest some, and pics are always different and nice to see I suppose.

More when he arrives

Paul

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This isn’t my scale, but I’m interested in your views on him (it?). I’m curious are those stands typical of Black Series figures? Those are nice.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Black Series Zuckuss is on his way ... and now here! C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Funny... I think this is the most anticipation poor Zuckuss has/will have ever met... Smile

Ovy

Ovy
So, Zuckuss is on the Hyperway to the Dengar Zone?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ovy wrote:So, Zuckuss is on the Hyperway to the Dengar Zone?

Ever the shamelessly enthusiastic punster myself, I cannot but appreciate this. Well done, sir!

scalawag

scalawag
Thanks guys and gals, I will offer my thoughts when he arrives, maybe as soon as tomorrow if Royal Mail can get their finger out!!!

Stryker2011 wrote:I’m curious are those stands typical of Black Series figures? Those are nice.

Striker those stands are really nice, but they are not standard Black series fare I am afraid. I bought a few from an eBay seller about a year ago and wish I could get more of them, but the seller has never had them back in stock unfortunately. I currently have one waiting for Zuckuss, and I think 1 or maybe 2 spare.

Paul

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I love those stands, and am always kicking myself for not getting them when they were in stock!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
scalawag wrote:Thanks guys and gals,  I will offer my thoughts when he arrives, maybe as soon as tomorrow if Royal Mail can get their finger out!!!

Stryker2011 wrote:I’m curious are those stands typical of Black Series figures? Those are nice.

Striker those stands are really nice, but they are not standard Black series fare I am afraid.  I bought a few from an eBay seller about a year ago and wish I could get more of them, but the seller has never had them back in stock unfortunately.  I currently have one waiting for Zuckuss, and I think 1 or maybe 2 spare.

Paul

Ahh, too bad they aren't available any longer. They look really nice. But at least you have one waiting for Zuckuss so you can have them all uniform so-to-speak.

11Black Series Zuckuss is on his way ... and now here! Empty Zuckuss is here!! Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:23 pm

scalawag

scalawag
Part II

So Zuckuss has just arrived after an approximately 7month wait from when I preordered him.

This completes my Black Series TESB Bounty hunter set.

Packaging is exactly the same as every other Black Series figure.

Black Series Zuckuss is on his way ... and now here! T6cyRkH

Black Series Zuckuss is on his way ... and now here! B7q14vr

The figure has only the blaster as an accessory, but what else could be included I don't really know.  The blaster is very nicely rendered and painted though.

The figure itself is nicely sculpted, although a lot of the clothing sculpt is hidden under that robe.  

The robe itself is nicely done in a printed material to replicate what is seen on screen.  I would have preferred a slightly more leathery looking robe, but I suspect that Hasbro went with this option as a lot of the pleather  type materials do not seem to be very durable when used on action figures.  Those seams could have perhaps been a little less obvious too, and the inside is rather white where it shows, but for all this it does work to my eye.

Black Series Zuckuss is on his way ... and now here! GNlwhE4

The harness, head and breathing apparatus are all nicely sculpted and painted.
Articulation seems ok for what the figure is, although as you might expect, that robe and harness do restrict some of the movement.  He does have great ankle articulation though and so is very easy to stand up in a variety of poses.

Not really a lot more to say about this one from me, its been covered well in the past by Gubernatorfan anyway:  https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1553-star-wars-hasbro-black-series-6-inch-bounty-hunters-updated

So here are a few more pics.

Black Series Zuckuss is on his way ... and now here! PvvmZuo
Black Series Zuckuss is on his way ... and now here! FBOGpSe
Black Series Zuckuss is on his way ... and now here! LAQwZal
Black Series Zuckuss is on his way ... and now here! 5Z3ZLRl

and of course with his mates and their bigger brothers.  Although this figure will quite happily stand on his own I have put him on one of those nice Star Wars stands I have.  Some of the others need a stand as they are almost impossible to coax into standing independently, and this way they all match.

Black Series Zuckuss is on his way ... and now here! OK8RpaI

Paul

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool. Nice to see them all together like this. Congrats.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I think he looks great, and it makes me happy to see them all lined up together with the 1/6 versions! Beautiful collection, and simple but elegant display. I love it.  I love you

Out of curiosity, do you have all the ESB bounty hunters in 3.75" scale, as well?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Congratulation on your newest baby boy, Paul. Smile You really had to wait for him a long while, glad you like him now you got him. And those are really nice stands you found for them. I agree with your assessment -- the overly obvious seam on the outside of the robe's sleeves is what bugs me the most (relatively speaking), but overall I really like this and the rest of the 6-inch bounty hunter figures.

PS I'm merging this with the previous thread, will update the title.

scalawag

scalawag
Stryker2011 wrote:Very cool. Nice to see them all together like this. Congrats.

Cheers mate, its nice to finally have the full set to go with my 1/6 versions.

Paul

scalawag

scalawag
skywalkersaga wrote:I think he looks great, and it makes me happy to see them all lined up together with the 1/6 versions! Beautiful collection, and simple but elegant display. I love it.  I love you

Out of curiosity, do you have all the ESB bounty hunters in 3.75" scale, as well?

Thank you Skywalkersaga, I'm glad you like how I display them, most of my figures are displayed this way.

I don't have the TESB Bounty Hunters in 3.75", I don't collect in that scale I am afraid. I used to have from memory Boba Fett, Dengar and I think I had Bossk but can't be sure when I was young. All original releases from Palitoy here in the UK, but they are long gone I am afraid.

Paul

scalawag

scalawag
GubernatorFan wrote:Congratulation on your newest baby boy, Paul. Smile You really had to wait for him a long while, glad you like him now you got him. And those are really nice stands you found for them. I agree with your assessment -- the overly obvious seam on the outside of the robe's sleeves is what bugs me the most (relatively speaking), but overall I really like this and the rest of the 6-inch bounty hunter figures.

PS I'm merging this with the previous thread, will update the title.

Yeah, this is a nice representation of Zuckuss, it could be nicer, but it could also be a lot lot worse. I am happy with it, and he fits right in with the look of the others.

Paul

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum