OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sand Troopers (pic heavy)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

21SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:36 am

scalawag

Rogerbee wrote:Ace Cosplay on YouTube is very useful for reference, she has several sets of armour, including the Shepperton. Her videos finally convinced me to get the Bandai kit and I've never regretted it. I did a great opening to my Bandai Stormie thread on OSW about perceptions of scale, I'm hoping you read it as I can't remember much of it now, LOL!

CHEERS!

Lol yeah I think I remember some of it mate.

Its Ace Cosplays group (Imperial Outlanders) that I am thinking of joining so I have seen most of her videos now.

Some great references on there for imperial gear. Here is a link to her channel for those that might be interested in taking a look or are wondering what Rogerbee and I are talking about lol:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD3t53gFmHhrDNszgcF-5Sw

Paul

22SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:24 am

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Without getting into the detailed discussion again, by itself the Bandai 1/6 helmet is pretty nice and conveys the more vertical shape of the original trilogy helmets, except for its lenses being a little too elongated and pointy. On the figure, however, it is a little too large. I will say that Roger's photo in post 14 does make it look about right.

In terms of overall look and size, I find the Hot Toys Rogue One Stormtrooper helmets and the Hasbro 12" Stormtrooper helmets preferable. Yes, they are based on the modern symmetrical and possibly slightly squatter helmets from Rogue One, but they have correctly shaped lenses (though they differ from each other: they are larger on HT, smaller on Hasbro) and they are about the right size on the figures. For more affordable 1/6 scale Stormtroopers, I recommend making a hybrid out of the Bandai and Hasbro versions.

SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Bhstor10

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

23SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:53 am

Rogerbee

Founding Father
scalawag wrote:

Its Ace Cosplays group (Imperial Outlanders) that I am thinking of joining so I have seen most of her videos now.  

Some great references on there for imperial gear.  Here is a link to her channel for those that might be interested in taking a look or are wondering what Rogerbee and I are talking about lol:

Paul

You should definitely join that, she looks to have a ball at those events.

CHEERS!

24SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:58 am

Rogerbee

Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:Without getting into the detailed discussion again, by itself the Bandai 1/6 helmet is pretty nice and conveys the more vertical shape of the original trilogy helmets, except for its lenses being a little too elongated and pointy. On the figure, however, it is a little too large. I will say that Roger's photo in post 14 does make it look about right.

In terms of overall look and size, I find the Hot Toys Rogue One Stormtrooper helmets and the Hasbro 12" Stormtrooper helmets preferable. Yes, they are based on the modern symmetrical and possibly slightly squatter helmets from Rogue One, but they have correctly shaped lenses (though they differ from each other: they are larger on HT, smaller on Hasbro) and they are about the right size on the figures. For more affordable 1/6 scale Stormtroopers, I recommend making a hybrid out of the Bandai and Hasbro versions.

The size is the main issue that I have with all other helmets, there just doesn't look to be room for a human head under there. HT scale, which everyone thinks is definitively 1/6, isn't. Bandai have done a proper scale model, blueprinted and everything, which, to me, is 1/6. 12" figures, like older Hasbro, are more like 1/5.

CHEERS!

25SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:02 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Look at this pic of the hero and stunt helmets:

SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 JWSdxG6

Now which is closer?

CHEERS!

26SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:06 am

scalawag

scalawag
Rogerbee wrote:
scalawag wrote:

Some great references on there for imperial gear.  Here is a link to her channel for those that might be interested in taking a look or are wondering what Rogerbee and I are talking about lol:

Paul

You should definitely join that, she looks to have a ball at those events.

CHEERS!

Yeah it looks good fun, I have contacted Imperial Outlanders, and I'm just waiting to hear back from them now Very Happy Very Happy

Paul

27SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:07 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Cool, hope Bandai decide to revisit the 1/6 line. We need a Sandtrooper, Fett, Vader and the droids.

CHEERS!

28SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:28 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:Now which is closer?

Still feels too big to me. If you want to get technical, the height of the helmet (at its side) should be about the same (only slightly taller) as the height of the shoulder bell. The Bandai helmet's height is substantially larger (on the figure about 1.5" to almost 2"; with Hasbro helmet it is about 1.5" to just under 1.75"). One thing that is throwing off things visually is how high above the shoulders the helmet sits -- this varies in the films and the figures and for articulation and aesthetic reasons I personally tend to prefer a bit more neck -- though the photo you showed does have them rather low set indeed. As for being able to fit a head inside, we've been over this already. The non-Bandai helmets are in no wise too small for an actual head (you have to look at heads with short or no hair, because real hair is obviously soft and pliable and doesn't get in the way of a helmet). Just found the relevant photo:

SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Htband10

29SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:30 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

They just look like the hero and stunt helmets from my pic to me. HT's looks too perfect. To me they should never have monkeyed with the original design anyway, particularly as Rogue One was from the same time period and not a prequel.

CHEERS!

30SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:29 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:
They just look like the hero and stunt helmets from my pic to me. HT's looks too perfect. To me they should never have monkeyed with the original design anyway, particularly as Rogue One was from the same time period and not a prequel.

In principle, I agree with "they should never have monkeyed with the original design." In this particular instance, "too perfect" is actually more sensible, given production practices in any modern or futuristic society. The much-fetishized asymmetry was accidental, not intentional, and in a sense an oversight. And while normally I would be all about screen-accuracy (and they are screen accurate to Rogue One), here, as in the arched brow of the HT Sandtrooper, I am appreciative of the correction/normalization. Even without the asymmetry, these complex pieces look so different from different angles, that the minor difference between original trilogy and Rogue One does not bother me here (which is not to say that changing the design was an appropriate choice).

The Bandai helmet, like the RO ones (both on screen and in the screen-accurate 1/6 figure versions), is perfectly symmetric and actually combines features of the Original Trilogy hero and stunt helmets (and therefore faithful to neither). On the Bandai, the curved lenses, the "teeth" and gaps in the frown are like the hero helmet, while the high brow and the ear caps are like the stunt helmet. I personally prefer the stunt helmets, and I like that the overall look of the Bandai pieces are closer to them; but the shape (outline) of the lenses is too elongated and pointy for my taste (and doesn't match what we see onscreen).

By the way, I meant to note that Paul's photo is a very nice and informative image of the asymmetry in the original pieces, which is not always easy to spot.

31SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:49 pm

scalawag

scalawag
GubernatorFan wrote:By the way, I meant to note that Paul's photo is a very nice and informative image of the asymmetry in the original pieces, which is not always easy to spot.

Thanks GubernatorFan.  That front on pic does show some of the asymmetry of the original helmets for ANH, but to really understand it you have to see the helmet from above:

SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 QaOfqOT

and below:

SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 SGHVd3O

Both of which we never see on film, but both of which give a better understanding of why the ANH helmets look the way they do in the movie.  They are not just a bit asymmetrical, they are quite wildly out as you can see, but they still manage to look fairly ok from the front.  But this does explain why that even the same helmet can look very different from different angles in different scenes of the movie.

ESB used what ever ANH helmets were still serviceable and some recasts from ANH helmet parts, and ROTJ used all recast helmets.  I have seen an ANH helmet beside both ESB and ROTJ recasts and they are quite different due to the recasting and how they have been assembled.  Another thing that is rarely considered is that for ANH the helmets had basic foam padding to fit them to the actors heads, but this was changed to various internal suspension systems in the subsequent films and so the helmets do generally sit a little lower in ANH because of this.

I think RO did a great job in "straitening up" the helmets and they look great with the new details in HD, but for me it is the asymmetry of the ANH helmets that gives them their character, and nothing else looks quite like them, and I have found nothing in 1/6 that looks like them really. That said i'm not unhappy with what there is to be had.

Paul

32SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:54 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow. I guess I never knew the helmets were that asymmetrical before. But that being said, I honestly don't see much of a difference from one Stormie helmet to the other. When I see these:

SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 9749c010
SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 29403510
SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Pd141410
SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 What-a10

... All I see are Stormtroopers from Star Wars. I can't imagine them to be anything else, regardless of imperfections.

At least they don't look like this:

SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Pd144110
SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Main-q11
SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Bpcyww10

Worst design choice ever. Thanks Disney for ruining the Stormtroopers as much as Lucas ruined the franchise with those awful prequels.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 C8485110

33SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Tue May 01, 2018 12:04 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the additional images, Paul! These are quite revealing and the unevenness easier to spot than on many of the frontal views. And you're right, they do sit higher in Empire and Jedi (and Rogue One, of course). As I said in my response to Roger, Rogue One's choice of not recreating the original props faithfully is questionable and probably ill-advised from the point of view of consistency, but for me what you described as a sensible clean-up was perfectly acceptable. In part because that was (in a sense) more or less what had been intended all along. But it still results in a difficult to define minor mismatch, which could have been avoided.

Stryker -- completely agree with your disappointment with the First Order re-design. I always did think they looked duck-billed, and apparently I wasn't the only one.

34SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Tue May 01, 2018 12:17 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ve seen a couple of the Sideshow Sandtroopers on eBay for just under $200 (the scout leader with the orange pauldron and one with a black pauldron); is that a fair price for these?

35SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Tue May 01, 2018 12:32 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That seems to be about the decent going rate for these increasingly hard to find militaries of Star Wars figures. Although it seems it makes no difference to you, from what I can see (the angles aren't ideal), the sergeant's helmet is the more accurate of the two Sideshow ones (the space above the frown should be larger than the space below it). You can probably verify through Paul.

36SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Tue May 01, 2018 2:10 am

scalawag

scalawag
Stryker2011 wrote:I’ve seen a couple of the Sideshow Sandtroopers on eBay for just under $200 (the scout leader with the orange pauldron and one with a black pauldron); is that a fair price for these?

GubernatorFan wrote:That seems to be about the decent going rate for these increasingly hard to find militaries of Star Wars figures. Although it seems it makes no difference to you, from what I can see (the angles aren't ideal), the sergeant's helmet is the more accurate of the two Sideshow ones (the space above the frown should be larger than the space below it). You can probably verify through Paul.

That is probably a bit less than you usually see them going for. I would say an average would be maybe $225 from what I have seen more recently. That is of course for a boxed one with all the bits, an unboxed or one with item missing should be well under $200.  Here in the UK these versions go for nearer £300 now.

Side-show released a set of 3 Sand Troopers, Squad leader (orange pauldron), Sergeant (white) and corporal (Black).  As I mentioned, these go for around the price you have seen or a little more these days typically.
Sideshow also produced the Desert Sands Detachment Sand Trooper, which comes with both white and grey pauldrons, 4 blaster rifles and some options for the gear on the back pack.  I think this one may have been released to accompany the Dew Back figure which SideShow did.  He tends to command a little premium over the other 3 SideShow sandies( maybe nearer $250, or £325 in the UK), I presume because of the extra gear he comes with.  
All 4 are in the Militaries of Star Wars series.

The sculpts on these are what they are, and down to personal choice really, I like the sergeant of the 2 SideShow Sand Troopers I have (sergeant and desert sands detachment).

I would like to pick up the ones I don't have yet at some point, especially the Corporal, but the prices will have to be right too as I already have 3 Sand Troopers lol. Laughing Laughing

37SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Tue May 01, 2018 2:17 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
There are probably merits for all of them. When I look at my Bandai I just see a Stormie. When he came out and everyone was picking holes in him, the sole thing they were judging him against were their precious HT figures. They never once bothered to look at the source material, which is the movie costumes.

They will do that with any figure though, "It's not as good as the HT!". What about the character/costume from the movie the figure is based on!? The reality, as opposed to the idealised version that HT give you!? If it's accurate to that, then you have a good figure!

CHEERS!

38SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Tue May 01, 2018 3:32 am

scalawag

scalawag
Rogerbee wrote:There are probably merits for all of them. When I look at my Bandai I just see a Stormie. When he came out and everyone was picking holes in him, the sole thing they were judging him against were their precious HT figures. They never once bothered to look at the source material, which is the movie costumes.

They will do that with any figure though, "It's not as good as the HT!". What about the character/costume from the movie the figure is based on!? The reality, as opposed to the idealised version that HT give you!? If it's accurate to that, then you have a good figure!

CHEERS!

Always use primary source material when researching a model, or run the risk of copying other peoples model making mistakes.  Thats my first rule of model making research lol Laughing Laughing Laughing

So many people seem to copy other peoples models these days, and I have seen several times incorrect details become accepted as "real" features in the model making community because the original mistake has been copied by others so many times.  Smoke blackened barrel ends on tanks is one that comes to mind.  

Its ironic really as today we have far more access to primary source material through the internet than we have ever had before. Rolling Eyes

But I digress, this type of sloppy research is a pet hate of mine Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

For reference here is a pic I took of Helmets from all 3 OT movies. Top ANH, middle ESB and of course ROTJ on the bottom.

SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 RPKqO5c

Paul

39SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Tue May 01, 2018 8:52 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the beautiful image of the three helmets, Paul. And ANH is still my favorite of the three (the main difference being the painting of the frown). Considering how these were all produced by the same mold, it is remarkable how different they look due to the slight difference in perspective caused by their respective vertical positioning in the shot. Actually, that is something I meant to mention above. It is somewhat bewildering to me that the hero and stunt helmets were supposedly based on the same mold, yet even some of their molded detail ended being different (like the number of "teeth" and gaps in the frown) -- do you know something about this?
Anyway, like I said, slight differences in angle give these different appearances (and this is in part but not entirely due to the asymmetry) -- the Bandai helmet comes closest to way the ANH helmet looks in your photo (and I don't mean just the painting of the frown).

40SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Tue May 01, 2018 10:44 am

scalawag

scalawag
GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for the beautiful image of the three helmets, Paul. And ANH is still my favorite of the three (the main difference being the painting of the frown). Considering how these were all produced by the same mold, it is remarkable how different they look due to the slight difference in perspective caused by their respective vertical positioning in the shot. Actually, that is something I meant to mention above. It is somewhat bewildering to me that the hero and stunt helmets were supposedly based on the same mold, yet even some of their molded detail ended being different (like the number of "teeth" and gaps in the frown) -- do you know something about this?
Anyway, like I said, slight differences in angle give these different appearances (and this is in part but not entirely due to the asymmetry) -- the Bandai helmet comes closest to way the ANH helmet looks in your photo (and I don't mean just the painting of the frown).

Yeah these helmets are quite different from each other even though they all derive from the same mould.  ANH is my favourite too Very Happy

As I mentioned before some of the ESB helmets and all the ROTJ ones were actually remoulded from new moulds which were made from parts of ANH helmets, so whilst they are derived from the original mould they actually have different characteristics as they are not made on the original vacuum form mould itself.  
Andrew Ainsworth retained the original vac mould at Shepperton Design Studios (it is what he now uses for his "original" line of helmets), but when the studio needed more for ESB they did not go back to Andrew Ainsworth because they now had the ability at the studio to vacuum form parts themselves, and therefore they didn't have access to the original moulds, hence their making of new ones.
The parts from ANH helmets used for making the new mould would have been quite flexible and seem to have flexed during the mould making process, producing new moulds with differences from the original ones.  As you noted they also have black frowns instead of the grey found in ANH, because they were finished by the costume dept at Elstree, and not by Shepperton Design Studios, and they just used black paint probably because that is what they had to hand at the time, and to them it kind of looked the same.

The Stunt and Hero helmets do indeed have the same mould.  
Because they are vacuum formed from a single sheet of ABS type plastic they come off the mould with no holes in them, the gaps in the frown, and the eye holes are actually cut out by hand afterwards.  So the original 50 stunt helmets had 8 vents cut out of the frown and the grey paint (Humbrol modelling enamel I believe) was applied right to the very corners of the frown moulding.
When the six hero helmets were required, after the stunts had already been delivered to the studio for filming, they had 6 vents cut into their frowns instead of the original eight, and the grey paint was ended in a "v" shape after the last vent on each side of the frown leaving it looking shorter.  
I don't know if this was by design, or simply that they didn't have a stunt helmet still around at Shepperton Design Studios to reference how the vents were cut and so they did what they remembered they had done on the stunts but got it slightly wrong.
Likewise the lowered brow is to do with how the parts of the hero helmets have been put together.  Basically the the heros' have been put together with the face moulding sitting a little higher on the dome moulding which then gives the lowered brow.  Interestingly the stunt ear pieces are attached with 3 visible screws on each ear, but the Heros' have only 2 screws per ear. I think this again leads credence to the idea that Shepperton Design Studios finished the hero helmets without having a stunt helmet on hand to reference the details.

The ANH helmets both stunt and hero were all finished by hand.  It was a proper cottage industry affair and very different from what we see happening in film prop production today.  The holes were cut out and paint was applied all by hand and the parts of the helmets where assembled by hand screwing the parts together.  Because the materials used in the production were quite thin, then a screw placed in a slightly different place or pressure applied differently to the parts when they are screwed together would flex the plastic differently and slightly affect the look from helmet to helmet, so no two are the same.  For filming in the seventies they didn't need to be identical, just close enough that they would look alike on screen.  

Phew!!! I feel like I have rambled there a bit, but I hope it makes some sense and helps.

Paul

41SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Tue May 01, 2018 11:20 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for elaborating at length, Paul, I really appreciate the detail. And I know you base this on research, sample (your Shepperton helmet), and your reference book(s). Let me verify one thing, while they recreating the helmet molds for ESB and ROTJ may have introduced some minor and inadvertent differences, the basic shape remained the same, including the asymmetry, right?
I remember reading that the ear caps were attached in several different fashions, some with screws, others (to avoid the screws) were glued on.
Of course nowadays something like that would be designed with 3D models and printers, creating a much more uniform shape (as we see in RO), barring any specific differences intentionally introduced by the design team.

42SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Tue May 01, 2018 11:39 am

scalawag

scalawag
GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you for elaborating at length, Paul, I really appreciate the detail. And I know you base this on research, sample (your Shepperton helmet), and your reference book(s). Let me verify one thing, while they recreating the helmet molds for ESB and ROTJ may have introduced some minor and inadvertent differences, the basic shape remained the same, including the asymmetry, right?
I remember reading that the ear caps were attached in several different fashions, some with screws, others (to avoid the screws) were glued on.
Of course nowadays something like that would be designed with 3D models and printers, creating a much more uniform shape (as we see in RO), barring any specific differences intentionally introduced by the design team.

I'm glad my ramblings were helpful. Very Happy

Yes the new moulds still produced asymmetrical helmets.
One of the most noticeable differences is in the shape of the dome on the ROTJ helmets. They look slightly taller and narrower, because the piece used to make the mould was squeezed a bit from each side when the mould was made.
The plastics used were quite different from what we have available today and were very flexible and quite soft so they move all over the place when you start applying pressure to them.

All the ear caps on the ANH helmets where attached with machine screws and nuts, and in fact I don't think there is any glue used on ANH helmets at all. Even the lenses on them are held in with scotch tape on the back. The stunt lenses are just pieces of green lighting filter film taped over the holes.
The ESB helmets had a mix of screws and glue used on different helmets because some were ANH helmets which were refurbished. I believe all the ROTJ helmets are constructed mainly with glue.

Yeah things are very different now lol. I believe Andrew Ainsworth moulded and finished all the storm trooper costumes, the rebel pilot helmets and some other pieces as well for ANH by hand with a team of 2-3 people helping him. Amazing really Very Happy

Paul

43SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Tue May 01, 2018 12:56 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
scalawag wrote:I would like to pick up the ones I don't have yet at some point, especially the Corporal, but the prices will have to be right too as I already have 3 Sand Troopers lol. Laughing Laughing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sideshow-Collectibles-EXCLUSIVE-Star-Wars-Sandtrooper-Corporal-1-6-Scale-Figure/312066965122?epid=1700121343&hash=item48a8a3fe82:g:j0MAAOSwBp9ag2ck

44SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Tue May 01, 2018 1:02 pm

scalawag

scalawag
Stryker2011 wrote:
scalawag wrote:I would like to pick up the ones I don't have yet at some point, especially the Corporal, but the prices will have to be right too as I already have 3 Sand Troopers lol. Laughing Laughing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sideshow-Collectibles-EXCLUSIVE-Star-Wars-Sandtrooper-Corporal-1-6-Scale-Figure/312066965122?epid=1700121343&hash=item48a8a3fe82:g:j0MAAOSwBp9ag2ck

Thanks mate I will take a look

45SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Tue May 01, 2018 1:31 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
That was educational. I'll come to you guys when I need Star Wars tips!

I always found it ironic that the best matches for Rebel colours are all WW2 German colours and the Imperial ones are US.

CHEERS!

46SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Wed May 02, 2018 3:48 am

scalawag

scalawag
Rogerbee wrote:That was educational. I'll come to you guys when I need Star Wars tips!

I always found it ironic that the best matches for Rebel colours are all WW2 German colours and the Imperial ones are US.

CHEERS!

I'm glad you found it interesting Rogerbee Wink

Yeah there is a certain irony to the colour choices Laughing Laughing   I have always smiled at the idea of bad guys dressed in white armour too. Shocked its a fantastic cinematic concept.

Paul

47SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Wed May 02, 2018 10:29 am

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

If you look in the new Tamiya mag, there's a company that are doing replicas of the original Floquil paints that ILM used. They're enamels though. This guy does at least do acrylics, never tried them yet though: http://www.starwars-doa.co.uk/

Might be worth a crack someday

CHEERS!

48SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Wed May 02, 2018 10:37 am

scalawag

scalawag
Rogerbee wrote:
If you look in the new Tamiya mag, there's a company that are doing replicas of the original Floquil paints that ILM used. They're enamels though. This guy does at least do acrylics, never tried them yet though: http://www.starwars-doa.co.uk/

Might be worth a crack someday

CHEERS!

Ooh. Those look nice. I can feel more spending coming on Laughing Laughing Laughing

49SciFi - Sand Troopers (pic heavy) - Page 2 Empty Re: Sand Troopers (pic heavy) Wed May 02, 2018 12:47 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Nice set of Sand Troopers! Ironically the only Sand Trooper I have on display is the only ANH one you don't seem to have, the SSC Orange pauldron 'leader' with the water cooled Lewis gun or was it Vickers? Anyway, the others are Hasbro so stored away if not cannibalised yet...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum