OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NSFW Deterioration or tearing of Phicen / TBLeague body surface

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I wouldn’t wash it too often if I were you. There’s no telling how many times you can successfully do so before removing any natural/necessary oils in the material. Use a makeup brush (obviously one just for this purpose) to brush off any excess lint. The only reason to wash them is if you plan to color them or they get stained. Otherwise, it really shouldn’t be necessary.

And as thegreatshaggy said, humidity (too high or too low), and sunlight, are death to these things.

skywalkersaga

Yes, if you need to remove lint from the body, you can use masking tape or something to gently pick it up. If any of the protective powder comes off during the process, just add it back afterward (I use a soft makeup brush to apply the powder).

venator5

I don't think there is a solution, once the silicon is lost it's flexibility it is done for.

venator5

In my observation it is caused by lubricant sealing failure.

Somewhere inside the lubricant started to leake, which first discolored the figure.

I suppose that you keept the figure in standing position, If that is true then we have an answer to the leg, most likelly the lubricant poured down by gravity and the silicon got damaged and lost it's flexibility.

since by time to time you used and posed the figure later on the leakage is increased as probably the damaged seal is opened further causing the damage on the arms, upper torso.

For me it is seems like eighter factory or other damage like dropping the figure on hard material. (Not necessary your fault)

Sad to have an issue like this.

30NSFW Deterioration or tearing of Phicen / TBLeague body surface - Page 2 Empty So sad, will miss them Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:41 pm

Melancholia

I noticed tearing in a couple of my oldest bodies.  It's very disappointing.  Also, the staining, even though I use a dye retainer on all my dark clothes.  But I have too many bodies as is, so, bye bye old girls...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum