OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The adventures of Dr Jones

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

61The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu May 27, 2021 12:41 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

Well composed and nice, dramatic lighting.

62The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:02 am

tankgirlfuzzy

OMG I remember this thread from the first weeks of OSF! Although for some dumb reason I never made a comment, even though for sure I thought I must have. Anyway, this is so awesome seeing it again, and the new pics are so well done they could be subbed for movie stills. Love the hidden lighting giving it that dramatic look! You should post the movie shot next to it for fun!

63The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:09 am

davidd

With photos beginning to leak out, it appears that Indy V is actually in production, so this is an appropriate time to resurrect this topic.

Also, June 12 marks the 40th anniversary of the original theatrical release of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

64The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:07 pm

blackpool

GubernatorFan wrote: So true. This set came with such a wealth of options, including pretty much a whole second costume for the Egyptian disguise. Glad you are having more fun with it.

Hell yeah, second costume, double sided background panel for egypt and the jungle, these were the good ol' days!

Stryker2011 wrote:That’s a great couple of shots. And how sad that most of HT’s boxed sets don’t come with half as much stuff today. Very iconic posing and moment. (All you need is a young Alfred Molina to be mimicking behind him.)

Well I was thinking about since I juste received "the ock" aka octopus in spiderman 2, portrayed by Alfred Molina! And while the sculpt is not crazy good, the likeness is strong enough to make him recognizable... I might try that!

skywalkersaga wrote:Awesome pics, blackpool! Thank you for digging out those accessories and sharing them with us. Agree that it's so unfortunate that Hot Toys have become so stingy with extras over the years.

Indeed it is! I remember that DX was considered the supa luxury version, yet it was barely the cost of the standard figures nowadays, that include a couple of spare hands and a square base lol... Anyway! Thank you very much for the kind words!

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:Well composed and nice, dramatic lighting.

Thanks a lot for the kind feedback mate!

tankgirlfuzzy wrote:OMG I remember this thread from the first weeks of OSF! Although for some dumb reason I never made a comment, even though for sure I thought I must have. Anyway, this is so awesome seeing it again, and the new pics are so well done they could be subbed for movie stills. Love the hidden lighting giving it that dramatic look! You should post the movie shot next to it for fun!

Haha, that was quite a while ago, I didn't know people had noticed my work so early lol, don't make me blush! As you asked, I just tried to put the two pictures side by side, the result is not perfect but I wasn't too far either!

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Raider10

davidd wrote:With photos beginning to leak out, it appears that Indy V is actually in production, so this is an appropriate time to resurrect this topic.
Also, June 12 marks the 40th anniversary of the original theatrical release of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Damn I didn't even know that! Thanks a lot for the headsup!!!

65The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:09 pm

blackpool

blackpool
Some of you guys might have noticed a slight change in my avatar... I just redid the classroom for prof Jones! Hope you'll like!

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Indy510

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Indy410

66The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:10 pm

blackpool

blackpool
And a couple more... no edits no cgi here lol

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Indy610

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Indy310

67The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:21 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent. And thanks for confirming... I thought something was a bit different with your avatar. Now this explains it. I'm not quite sure what the special effects were.

68The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:50 pm

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
That's an awesome office environment! So much stuff, all perfectly to scale. People are really starting to amaze me with all their intricate interiors, but yours most of all.

Also, the comparison shot is just about spot on! Cool

69The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:23 pm

davidd

davidd
Extremely impressive classroom setting! Love the old books and the file boxes on the shelves!
You must have spent some time seriously studying screencaps from the films!

70The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:14 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Love the new shots. I’m always impressed by this environment. That chalk board is amazing — which the smudges and streaks of eraser residue. And the posing of Indy, of course. Well done, Alex.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 C8485110

71The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Beautiful, I love that comparison shot between the movie and your own shot, it's fantastic and at a quick glance I thought the action figure was the movie.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 1f60e

72The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:45 am

blackpool

blackpool
GubernatorFan wrote:Excellent. And thanks for confirming... I thought something was a bit different with your avatar. Now this explains it. I'm not quite sure what the special effects were.

No special effects on these ones, just printed walls, home made chalkboard and shelves, books files and folders crafted by my girlfriend, and a fellow collecting couple from California. Thanks for the support Ian!

tankgirlfuzzy wrote:That's an awesome office environment! So much stuff, all perfectly to scale. People are really starting to amaze me with all their intricate interiors, but yours most of all.
Also, the comparison shot is just about spot on! Cool

Thanks a lot for the kind words Tankgirlfuzzy, it took me many years to assemble and build so many props and accessories indeed! But now I realize it's kinda recurring in the "office" genre, wheteher it is a police station or some highschool environment... I'm gonna have to find a new obsession lol

My pleasure for the comparison shot, that was funny to really put the pics side by side, thanks for the suggestion!

davidd wrote:Extremely impressive classroom setting! Love the old books and the file boxes on the shelves!
You must have spent some time seriously studying screencaps from the films!

I did yes, but the classroom is in the end not very accurate, that shelf is not in the movie, just large maps, a skeleton in the corner if I remember well... I tried my best at reproducing the writings on the chalkboard, but the board itself is much more sophisticated in the movie, sliding up and down... Anyway thanks a lot for the kind feedback!

Stryker2011 wrote:Love the new shots. I’m always impressed by this environment. That chalk board is amazing — which the smudges and streaks of eraser residue. And the posing of Indy, of course. Well done, Alex.

Thanks a lot Mark, I spent some time on that chalkboard, the eraser residue is actually genuine, I started drawing too big on the board and had to erase it all as I had already done the wooden frame lmao

Theboo-bomb wrote:Beautiful, I love that comparison shot between the movie and your own shot, it's fantastic and at a quick glance I thought the action figure was the movie.

Haha thanks a lot, glad it worked that well, and thanks to TGF for suggesting that comparison shot!

Here is an extra scene from the same environment, I digitally added the light rays on these two, my wall with those vents windows was not working well on that set up...

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Indian11

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Indian10

73The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:16 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ah, even Dr Jones needs to catch some Zs. And that fedora sure comes in handy for an ad hoc setup. Smile Very nicely done. Without being anything super ambitious (although you still had to throw in quite a lot of detail), your loving capture of a quiet moment is absolutely superb.

74The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:02 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wonderful work Blackpool, I really like the shot of him snoozing in his chair.

75The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:04 am

Diana

Diana
Awww, impressive work as usual. Love the atmosphere. I feel like I can jump right in there into the scene, it feels so real and alive.

Glad you dug up this old thread! Very Happy

76The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:21 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Realised I hadn't commented on these most recent ones.... so very impressive! The sleeping pose with the hat is just precious, and incredibly well done.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

77The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:32 am

Dienamic

Dienamic
Simply amazing! Now I smell chalk and old books...

78The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:30 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Two more really great shots and very realistic looking. The posing and the extra light effects look so very natural. Well done. cheers

79The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:50 am

Chip

It`s all good the Dio , the Figure and photography .

80The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:36 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Taking a well deserved nap after some long trip. Even if they sun rays are photoshopped they look good and work with the scene.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 1f60e

81The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:10 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
That´s the magic of posing and photographie. In the picture he stands in front of the little golden idol, i can see him thinking. He is concentrated on what he wan´t to do. It´s the same sculpt and facial expression like in teh other pictures. But You can swear it´s not....

82The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:17 am

blackpool

blackpool
GubernatorFan wrote:Ah, even Dr Jones needs to catch some Zs. And that fedora sure comes in handy for an ad hoc setup. Smile Very nicely done. Without being anything super ambitious (although you still had to throw in quite a lot of detail), your loving capture of a quiet moment is absolutely superb.

Thanks a lot Ian, indeed it was just a "redo" of an old set up I had started, I made that chalk board a while ago but was missing the rest of the classroom atmopshere with wood decors and old books

BAMComix wrote:Wonderful work Blackpool, I really like the shot of him snoozing in his chair.

Thanks a lot my friend!

Diana wrote:Awww, impressive work as usual. Love the atmosphere. I feel like I can jump right in there into the scene, it feels so real and alive.

Glad you dug up this old thread! Very Happy

Thank you Diana! I often find those quiet scenes are more interesting than dynamic actions, it needs much more attention to posing details like hands, legs, which I find much more exciting when the result works nicely

skywalkersaga wrote:Realised I hadn't commented on these most recent ones.... so very impressive! The sleeping pose with the hat is just precious, and incredibly well done.

Thank you very much Sky

Dienamic wrote:Simply amazing!  Now I smell chalk and old books...

Haha, that's perfect then! Thanks for the kind words

Stryker2011 wrote:Two more really great shots and very realistic looking. The posing and the extra light effects look so very natural. Well done. cheers

Thank you Mark!

Chip wrote:It`s all good the Dio , the Figure and photography .

Thank you Chip!

Theboo-bomb wrote:Taking a well deserved nap after some long trip. Even if they sun rays are photoshopped they look good and work with the scene.

I started with my shutters and a spotlight behind but it was giving a strong contrast, too strong, I was loosing a lot of details in the shadows, and it didn't carry the "lazy afternoon" feel I wanted... So I removed that third wall and recreated the light rays on photoshop after Razz

Ephiane wrote:That´s the magic of posing and photographie. In the picture he stands in front of the little golden idol, i can see him thinking. He is concentrated on what he wan´t to do. It´s the same sculpt and facial expression like in teh other pictures. But You can swear it´s not....

Thank you very much Eph! I gotta say despite all the hate this headsculpt received, it is a very good one, allowing a lot of expressions just by the placement of the hat and the settings of the moving eyes.

Here is my newest indiana jones, with a custom headsculpt, I really enjoy the upgrade, but I confess this one is harder to shoot as he is not as versatile...
Anyway, Salah I said no camels!

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Indian13

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Indian12

83The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:18 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a great looking Indy sculpt. Nice to see him on the horse, too — not something we see often.

84The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:21 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Brilliant Alex, love this version!

85The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:39 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Gorgeous sculpt! And I agree, brilliant idea to put him on the horse. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

86The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:17 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The new sculpt and the horse, with this suitable backdrop, make for an excellent look. Beautifully done as always!

87The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:27 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Cool pictures, always nice to see Dr. Jones.

88The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:21 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's a really good upgrade, love your photos.

89The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Empty Re: The adventures of Dr Jones Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:30 am

blackpool

blackpool
Stryker2011 wrote:That’s a great looking Indy sculpt. Nice to see him on the horse, too — not something we see often.

Thanks Mark! I didn't use the horse so much until indy took it, now he won't let it go Very Happy

BAMComix wrote:Brilliant Alex, love this version!

Thanks a lot bro!

skywalkersaga wrote:Gorgeous sculpt! And I agree, brilliant idea to put him on the horse. Smile

Thank you very much miss!

GubernatorFan wrote:The new sculpt and the horse, with this suitable backdrop, make for an excellent look. Beautifully done as always!

Thanks Ian! I finally took him out for some outdoor shots, I hadn't taken any pic of the new jacket I bought. I think now he is fully finished! (tho I broke the rear of his hat in the process lol)

Valiarde wrote:Cool pictures, always nice to see Dr. Jones.

Thanks a lot!

Theboo-bomb wrote:That's a really good upgrade, love your photos.

Thank you very much!

Here is the final version I will keep, sadly the hot toys pleather jacket started flaking, it degraded very fast, just as the pistol holster and belt, so I saved the figure with some legit leather items. The jacket is a lil jewel made from lambskin by Bleau Steel (aka Gheewiz customs)

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Indian15

The adventures of Dr Jones - Page 3 Indian14

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum