OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The X-Files - Special agents Mulder & Scully (+FBI office diorama)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

blackpool

blackpool
Finally got my hands on Scully, I didn't want to use Mulder without his iconic partner! That indeed left me some extra time to finish all the parts of their office which I assembled and shot last weekend, nothing compared to that unique Jabba's throne room of course, but it took me quite a while to get everything accurate!

The figures are very cool and very well made, I really appreciate how Threezero keeps on improving their production, the likeness is very strong on both, the tailoring is neat, and the accessories are fine (not insane, but you get all what's needed!)

Hope you'll like them!

The X-Files - Special agents Mulder & Scully (+FBI office diorama) Xfiles_01

The X-Files - Special agents Mulder & Scully (+FBI office diorama) Xfiles_02

The X-Files - Special agents Mulder & Scully (+FBI office diorama) Xfiles_03

The X-Files - Special agents Mulder & Scully (+FBI office diorama) Xfiles_09

The X-Files - Special agents Mulder & Scully (+FBI office diorama) Xfiles_04

The X-Files - Special agents Mulder & Scully (+FBI office diorama) Xfiles_08

The X-Files - Special agents Mulder & Scully (+FBI office diorama) Xfiles_05

The X-Files - Special agents Mulder & Scully (+FBI office diorama) Xfiles_06

The X-Files - Special agents Mulder & Scully (+FBI office diorama) Xfiles_07

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Awesome dio and photos! Really brings out the good qualities of the figures. I could spend hours looking at all the details of the papers on his wall and on his desk. Can only imagine how long that took to create and set up! :O

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool. I like all the little details. And don’t sell yourself short — making an environment that looks to be real is much harder than a fantasy/sc-fI environment.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The X-Files - Special agents Mulder & Scully (+FBI office diorama) C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They look excellent together, and all the labor of love you poured into making the background and diorama parts really pays off her -- I doubt anyone else has done this much justice to those figures.

Ovy

Ovy
GubernatorFan wrote:.... I doubt anyone else has done this much justice to those figures.
Right? Blackpool is quite Elite!

And yes, don't compare them to Jabba. They might be offended. I mean, don't compare anyone to Jabba, ever.

That's a very creative work environment they have there, beautifully 90s. I also like the close up items with the credits.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
They look great and that office space is quite nice too.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The X-Files - Special agents Mulder & Scully (+FBI office diorama) 1f60e

blackpool

blackpool
skywalkersaga wrote:Awesome dio and photos! Really brings out the good qualities of the figures. I could spend hours looking at all the details of the papers on his wall and on his desk. Can only imagine how long that took to create and set up! :O

Huge thanks! It indeed took hours, I had to put my girlfriend to work for all the tiny papers to cut lol

Stryker2011 wrote: Very cool. I like all the little details. And don’t sell yourself short — making an environment that looks to be real is much harder than a fantasy/sc-fI environment.

Thanks a lot my friend, I was mainly thinking of the durability and construction of your diorama which is indeed a real bespoke wooden model, when my dioramas mostly consist in wall panels with furniture and accessories (and since I had to source some stuff for your jabba background, I can tell you good scifi textures and images are not legion, when contemporary stuff is kinda easy to find or fake)

GubernatorFan wrote:They look excellent together, and all the labor of love you poured into making the background and diorama parts really pays off her -- I doubt anyone else has done this much justice to those figures.

Thanks a lot bro! In fact a few versions of mulder's office are floating around on instagram and facebook, one by my friend Nick (@lenses_on_figures) is absolutely stunning, with the ceiling windows, doors, light up functions...

Ovy wrote:
Right? Blackpool is quite Elite!

And yes, don't compare them to Jabba. They might be offended. I mean, don't compare anyone to Jabba, ever.

That's a very creative work environment they have there, beautifully 90s. I also like the close up items with the credits.

Hahahahaha thanks a lot! Those lil close ups were inspired by the actual opening credits of the tv show, happy that somebody spotted them!

Theboo-bomb wrote:They look great and that office space is quite nice too.

Thanks a lot man!

Here a few quick shots of the office as most furniture were out of frame in the previous shots lmao

The X-Files - Special agents Mulder & Scully (+FBI office diorama) IMG_0173

The X-Files - Special agents Mulder & Scully (+FBI office diorama) IMG_0174

The X-Files - Special agents Mulder & Scully (+FBI office diorama) IMG_0175

The X-Files - Special agents Mulder & Scully (+FBI office diorama) IMG_0176

The X-Files - Special agents Mulder & Scully (+FBI office diorama) IMG_0177

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Geez, that's impressive!!!! :O

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I love it. Right down to the newspaper clippings and file folders!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
So much awesomeness! Love it.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The X-Files - Special agents Mulder & Scully (+FBI office diorama) C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Look again, and I'm wondering, in awe... how in the world did you find the right images to use for all those newspaper clippings?!

shazzdan

shazzdan

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
This is so awesome!!!!! The credits are seriously so perfect, and I think the opening theme started playing in my head the moment I saw them. This level of detail is un-freakin-real. Just thinking about the time that went into every single book and scarp of paper... Outstanding work.

blackpool

blackpool
GubernatorFan wrote:I love it. Right down to the newspaper clippings and file folders!

Thanks bro! After so many hours of work I realized I should have made twice more of those, same for the books, so it will evolve through time, I can't ask more cutouts to my my girlfriend for at least two months lol

Stryker2011 wrote:So much awesomeness! Love it.

Many thanks Mark!

skywalkersaga wrote:Look again, and I'm wondering, in awe... how in the world did you find the right images to use for all those newspaper clippings?!

Thank you so much for taking such a close look! As Shazzdan linked, I used several stills from the TV show, as well as some documentary images, then I google searched the most obvious references I could track back. For the rest, some keywords like "ufo evidence" "alien life proof" gave me plenty of material!

If anybody is interested I just shared all those lil papers, files, and newspapers in the "paper goodies" thread Smile

ReverendSpooky wrote:This is so awesome!!!!!  The credits are seriously so perfect, and I think the opening theme started playing in my head the moment I saw them.  This level of detail is un-freakin-real. Just thinking about the time that went into every single book and scarp of paper...  Outstanding work.  

Haha thank you so much you couldn't make me more happy, the credits shots are my favorite in the end lol... I first wanted to shoot Mulder & Scully bursting in a room like in the opening credits, but after building the diorama I went for those close up credits... Really glad that it put you the mark snow theme back in the head (or sorry if you kept it for hours in your head lmao)

MerylAkiba

I still have the first season on VHS box set. Is the computer styrene or cardstock?

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Love the 1st pic, excellent poses, Scully arms crossed and Mulder leaning on the table.
Your attention to detail is well appreciated!

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
That's a pretty good looking set of figures, actually, and the office set you built is just awesome.

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Ahhhh!!!! Love these...especially Agent Scully....she is my fav character both in the drama and out of the drama (her iconic laugh...What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face ) ...Mulder was my fav character, until Doggett.....I hope they will do Doggett and Reyes too....then I can have both T-1000 and Doggett Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy What a Face

Did you set up the scene entirely? I don't know how many accessories come with them but I can't believe they will come like this...and this scene is totally similar to the real drama....even the ufo reports..... lol!

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

dadrab

dadrab
Well...damn.

That's about as slick as it gets.

Well done, sir.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum