OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smugglin' ain't easy! [Star Wars] [not canon]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Hello!

The typical friday post is here (hurray me!) While I still have a few more sith left to post I decided to take a small break from the special all mighty force users and take some photos of the average star wars criminal. Once more nothing too fancy, the bith is hasbro with random stuff thrown at him to make him look cool(ish) the other figure is a hasbro destro dressed in Count Doku's clothes. This bith is one of the first star wars aliens I ever bought, I remembered them from return of the jedi and for the longest time (and for some odd reason) I always thought they where worms with no arms but you know, the internet helped me out on that one not long after.

This time around however I don't have a story to tell because these characters where simply stuff I put together to look good and cool, I did try to tell a story via the photos however!

Smugglin' ain't easy! [Star Wars] [not canon] Z3PJ30f
"I wonder if I left the stove on...."
Smugglin' ain't easy! [Star Wars] [not canon] YKPw1O4
Smugglin' ain't easy! [Star Wars] [not canon] WGvlKWJ
Smugglin' ain't easy! [Star Wars] [not canon] Qu4cYW3
Smugglin' ain't easy! [Star Wars] [not canon] QoDixRe
"I don't remember if I left enough food and water for Fluffy..."

For those curious as to what I'm doing well, I'm still working on my fantasy figures (Two are finished however!) and I'm also on the sketching part of making some backdrops for pictures, the plan is to make them easy to store but also able to be customized so I can change out certain parts to make them look like they belong in our world but also be usable in a sci-fi or fantasy setting, making them wont be hard since I do have little bit of experience with making dioramas and similar things, the stuff that will take the most time will be the details but hey, it's fun to come up with stuff.
That will be all for today, as always have a nice weekend, have fun and stay safe.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Smugglin' ain't easy! [Star Wars] [not canon] 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The mark of a true professional... kill a surrendering person but stop and consider whether the pets have been taken care of... Smile Nice. And kudos for not letting Lucas mess up the shot. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
These are so neat! The Bith is actually a pretty cool looking figure, there should be more of those! And the 'bad guy' is suitably cold and menacing. I appreciate you going out on a limb and doing non-'canon' stuff, it's great. Though funnily enough, perhaps it's cause he's wearing Dooku's outfit, but your antagonist here reminds me a bit of the Count Vidian character from 'A New Dawn' [aka the Kanan Jarrus backstory novel].

Great job! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Those look pretty good for Hasbro figures. Particularly the Bith.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Smugglin' ain't easy! [Star Wars] [not canon] C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
Ye you coolished the Bith quite effective, too bad that coolishness was so short lived.

I imagine the silver man moving his eyes naturally, but nothing else in his face, which is quite cool and creepy. Also reminded me of that bounty hunter from space balls.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
GubernatorFan wrote:The mark of a true professional... kill a surrendering person but stop and consider whether the pets have been taken care of... Smile Nice. And kudos for not letting Lucas mess up the shot. Smile

Thanks Gub, you know how it is, a true professional never leaves his pet without enough food and water, even if they are an intergalactic criminal. 😁

skywalkersaga wrote:These are so neat! The Bith is actually a pretty cool looking figure, there should be more of those! And the 'bad guy' is suitably cold and menacing. I appreciate you going out on a limb and doing non-'canon' stuff, it's great. Though funnily enough, perhaps it's cause he's wearing Dooku's outfit, but your antagonist here reminds me a bit of the Count Vidian character from 'A New Dawn' [aka the Kanan Jarrus backstory novel].

Great job! Smile

Thanks, the bith has a nice sculpting (imho) but the body underneath is not that good, between the limited range of movement and those very early seamless legs with plastic clicking knees he's very hard to pose and keeps falling over, otherwise he's great, I might try to get a body and change the hands and head over to it. There's a slight similarity to Count Vidian but that's entirely hasbro's making, this guy is a destro from the last GI Joe movie he came with a very bad, very cheap looking suit and he had been in my box of n̶a̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶  action figures doing nothing and since I got the count doku suit I gave it to him for safe keeping but he looked good in it. 😀

Stryker2011 wrote:Those look pretty good for Hasbro figures. Particularly the Bith.

Thank you, When I bought the bith I didn't expect muh, I bought it unboxed, and with obvious use (he was rather dirty) but after a nice wash he turned out nice. The destro figure I think is from the last gi joe movie, he had a horrible suit which is why he basically sat naked in a box until I got the Count Doku clothes later on.

Ovy wrote:Ye you coolished the Bith quite effective, too bad that coolishness was so short lived.

I imagine the silver man moving his eyes naturally, but nothing else in his face, which is quite cool and creepy. Also reminded me of that bounty hunter from space balls.

Thanks Ovy, the bith wanted to be as presentable as possible but the buyer didn't care about his fashion choices, this is the galaxy we live in.😄 And yes, that's how I pictured him too, just some creepy looking man with piercing eyes that move but nothing else, would certainly make me stop coming to any business he frequented.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Smugglin' ain't easy! [Star Wars] [not canon] 1f60e

Ephiane

Ephiane
Funny little story, thanks for the entertainment

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum