OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone have a good source of cheap hand pegs?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
I’ve got plenty of hands but I’m in desperate need of the actual joints for them! Everywhere online seems to be so expensive and it’s so frustrating seeing packs with loads of different hand/glove styles with no pegs!

blackpool

blackpool
Sadly the only pegs I see online are from parted out figures, so there are never legion, at least not of the exact same kind, reason why I carefully keep all the spares provided with some figures...

Are you looking for male or female pegs btw? I could check on machinegun.fr  and send them to you to save the shipping since it's tiny parts if you wish so

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Like Blackpool said, the main source seem to be parted-out figures. Most would be compatible with the pegs that come with HT and "HT clone" bodies; Sideshow ones are compatible on the hand end, but longer on the elbow end (though they are about the same thickness). I am familiar with US stores that offer parted out items (especially Black Ops Toys, Toy Anxiety, and Monkey Depot), but the international shipping for you may add to the price even if they have what you're looking for. I would imagine your best bet would be eBay, but I'm sure you've already considered that and found it wanting...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Y03-104-1-6-scale-figure-Wrist-joints-peg-6/253996467427?hash=item3b235e84e3:g:8y8AAOSwdrdb-MQI

This was all I could find, Christine, and they may not be what you need. Crying or Very sad

All the ones I’ve seen for Obitsu bodies are ridiculously expensive, if that’s what you need.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Anyone have a good source of cheap hand pegs? C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Gosh, I have almost never seen female hand pegs sold separately, presuming those are what you are asking about. I will have a look through my bits and parts box though, in case I can find something...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
It's either from parted figures or from sets of pegs off of ebay (which most of the time don't work). If you feel up to the task you could try taking a slightly smaller peg and giving it a couple of coats with super glue (or something similar) to give it enough thickness that they would work, that's what I've done with some of the pegs I've needed, it works but I wouldn't put too much stress on them.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Anyone have a good source of cheap hand pegs? 1f60e

ironman1188

ironman1188
If the pegs are too thin just wrap the peg with teflon tape and insert as normal. Thats what I do and haven't had a problem yet.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
What type of body/bodies are you wanting them for? I ask because certain female bodies, like DamToys, have slightly different wrist pegs than, say, PopToys or VeryCool. And if it's a doll body rather than an action figure body, then I'd be able to help even less as I just sold my last Obitsu a couple weeks ago. Sad

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Argh, I thought that would probably be the case. It seems daft though, considering you can buy neck connectors and their pegs super cheaply. -.- Clearly there’s a gap in the market!

Oh well. I’ll just have to improvise as usual! XD
In general I’d probably like the female pegs more as they’d be smaller and I mostly work with Barbies and similar sized figures. I’ve bought Revoltech joints from HobbyLink Japan before which were ok but the particular ones I bought had quite flat sides rather than the usual rounded ball joint. As ever, they’re not too bad in price but postage always sucks. -.- I’ve looked on eBay and maybe this is just me being a super stingey scot as usual, but I’m loathe to spend nearly a tenner on one set of joints. :/

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lynkhart wrote:Argh, I thought that would probably be the case. It seems daft though, considering you can buy neck connectors and their pegs super cheaply. -.- Clearly there’s a gap in the market!

Oh well. I’ll just have to improvise as usual! XD
In general I’d probably like the female pegs more as they’d be smaller and I mostly work with Barbies and similar sized figures. I’ve bought Revoltech joints from HobbyLink Japan before which were ok but the particular ones I bought had quite flat sides rather than the usual rounded ball joint. As ever, they’re not too bad in price but postage always sucks. -.- I’ve looked on eBay and maybe this is just me being a super stingey scot as usual, but I’m loathe to spend nearly a tenner on one set of joints. :/

Thanks for the explanation. And it's perfectly understandable not to want to spend money on that, though sometimes it's unavoidable. ;p

That being said, could you make use of some doll hands that have wrist pegs already attached? I mean the kind that are removeable from the doll, but are attached via a hinge to the hands.

Ephiane

Ephiane
Thanks for the Thread. Man, I'm too lazy to get a hairdryer every time I change the hands of the figures. The plastic pegs break and the steel pegs every time come out of the joint Rolling Eyes

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That is scary about the steel pegs; hopefully only old and faulty bodies like M31...

Lynkhart

Lynkhart

That being said, could you make use of some doll hands that have wrist pegs already attached? I mean the kind that are removeable from the doll, but are attached via a hinge to the hands.

The problem is, most of those ones I want to keep attached to their bodies! :lol I do have a few old Barbie fashionistas that I’ve been thinking of altering on that basis - chopping off most of the hand and glue/epoxying on better hands. It’s a lot more work than is ideal though. You’d think selling hand pegs separately would have crossed the minds of the big manufacturers, they’d make a killing from customisers for a start!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lynkhart wrote:

The problem is, most of those ones I want to keep attached to their bodies! :lol I do have a few old Barbie fashionistas that I’ve been thinking of altering on that basis - chopping off most of the hand and glue/epoxying on better hands. It’s a lot more work than is ideal though. You’d think selling hand pegs separately would have crossed the minds of the big manufacturers, they’d make a killing from customisers for a start!

I completely understand. I've currently got a couple extra hands like that floating around from some Forces of Destiny dolls, since I used parts of the outfits but don't have a need for the hands. The only thing is, most of them are 'gloved' hands, so I'm not sure that's helpful or not.... :/

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Yeah, I’ve got a handful (lol) of really nice gloved hands from the 10” Jyn Erso doll but they only came with one set of pegs. -.-

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Lynkhart wrote:Yeah, I’ve got a handful (lol) of really nice gloved hands from the 10” Jyn Erso doll but they only came with one set of pegs. -.-

Ah, yeah, frustrating!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum