OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help needed with forum tech

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

21Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:32 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Done!

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

22Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:44 pm

DeltaForceChung

GubernatorFan wrote:Done!

--

Received and replied.

I see a post reply button when I checked.

All looks good.

23Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:49 pm

ostfront43

Well it's my laptop. Wife came home, and got on her laptop (Win7 & Firefox). OSF site looks very different and I see new topic button and other feature not seen on my laptop. So, somewhere inside my laptop is screwing up my ability to use OSF. I will start going through updates, programs, and settings. Thank you Gubernatorfan and DeltaForceChung for your help with this.
Any suggestion where to start checking?

24Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:54 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
ostfront43,
I am happy you have at least isolated the problem, which does appear to be your particular system configuration. Windows 8 "enjoys" a bad reputation, perhaps especially if not updated. Again, I am not tech savvy, so I don't know the details. Somewhere on your computer (control panel), there should be a section for updates and you should be able to check for updates there, and download and install any important updates. (Then again, on rare occasions some updates have messed with my computer's functionality, so proceed with caution, set restore points -- or remember that you can use them later -- and don't blame me if something happens.) Whether or not that would work, I have no idea.

Worst case scenario: keep using your wife's laptop to post new topics and send PM.

Can you confirm that you still cannot see the post new topic and PM buttons with your Windows 8 laptop so I can go back and undo the last settings change if it didn't help?

25Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:59 pm

ostfront43

ostfront43
Screen shot of my profile settings.

https://screenshots.firefox.com/JB2IUSbjikP5hVqv/onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

26Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:02 pm

ostfront43

ostfront43
Still the same as before. Wish I could use wifes laptop, its for her work.

27Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:04 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for confirming the settings change had no effect. See if updating your system helps. And discuss use possibilities with your wife. Meanwhile, maybe someone will suggest another fix or workaround.

28Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:26 pm

ostfront43

ostfront43
Its fixed!! The issue was with my anti-virus Kaspersky, needed an exception added to "Private Browsing" for OSF to load fully and Firefox needed exception for "Tracking Protection" for OSF. It was only effecting OSF. Wife was able to figure it all out. She's awesome!!

29Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:36 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
ostfront43 wrote:Its fixed!! The issue was with my anti-virus Kaspersky, needed an exception added to "Private Browsing" for OSF to load fully and Firefox needed exception for "Tracking Protection" for OSF. It was only effecting OSF. Wife was able to figure it all out. She's awesome!!

--

Glad to read!

30Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:37 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I am very happy it is fixed, and we should keep this in mind in case someone else has a similar issue. I think I need a wife... Wink

31Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:46 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Any chance of limiting the size of photos in signatures? Large signature photos are a PITA: very distracting and they clutter up the thread.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

32Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:00 am

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
shazzdan wrote:Any chance of limiting the size of photos in signatures? Large signature photos are a PITA: very distracting and they clutter up the thread.

--

I too thought that after seeing how much space my signature photo takes.

I understand how and why signature photos in some groups are limited or non-existent at all.

33Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:05 am

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
I reduced my signature's image size by 50%.

34Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:23 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree our signature photos are rather big, but since people were so into their signatures to begin with (and broken-hearted when they didn't work), I didn't dare mess with the settings. I will look into it.

UPDATE: A look through settings has not yet turned up an automatic way of doing this. Individual users have control over what image (and therefore how big) they include in their signature. The one I am using I shrunk down from a larger-sized image I had used in a post.

35Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:33 am

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
GubernatorFan wrote:I agree our signature photos are rather big, but since people were so into their signatures to begin with (and broken-hearted when they didn't work), I didn't dare mess with the settings. I will look into it.

UPDATE: A look through settings has not yet turned up an automatic way of doing this. Individual users have control over what image (and therefore how big) they include in their signature. The one I am using I shrunk down from a larger-sized image I had used in a post.

--

One possible suggestion is to use Microsoft Paint application and reduce the signature's image size by 50% and see if it makes a difference.

That's what I did with mine.

I may futz around with it a bit more to further shrink it down, but it's better than previously.

36Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:10 am

scalawag

scalawag
I use Macs so I used preview to shrink the size of my signature photo by about 75% before posting it.  It was originally a full size photo taken on iPhone.  I can shrink it further if it is still considered too big. Very Happy

I think the size of the signature pics could be left to personal choice, with the team here asking the individual member nicely that the size be reduced for any that seem excessive or draw complaints.  I am happy to help out with this if needed.

37Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:37 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
GubernatorFan wrote:I agree our signature photos are rather big, but since people were so into their signatures to begin with (and broken-hearted when they didn't work), I didn't dare mess with the settings. I will look into it.

I love your T2 photo and am jealous that he isn't sitting on my display shelf but the sig-pics are still way too big. Shouldn't be any taller than a banner.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

38Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:01 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Just testing reduced sig size.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 C8485110

39Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:13 pm

scalawag

scalawag
Reduced mine by a further 50%.  How's this.

40Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:31 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shazzdan wrote:I love your T2 photo and am jealous that he isn't sitting on my display shelf but the sig-pics are still way too big. Shouldn't be any taller than a banner.

I shrunk it further, but it still looks too tall to me. I need something more horizontal... To be honest, I never had a signature, much less a signature photo before, and the main reason I have one now (same with avatar) is to test and check for functionality desired by other users.

41Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:38 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Does anyone know how we can reduce the space between our posts and our signatures? Lot of dead space between.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 C8485110

42Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:04 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Does anyone know how we can reduce the space between our posts and our signatures? Lot of dead space between.

I have been wondering about the same thing. I did not notice a solution to that when I was poking around the settings, but I will be looking out for it and something might turn up. It seems to be conditioned by the amount of space taken up by the user name, avatar, and other details on the left. The signature line appears just where that ends.

43Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:09 pm

MarkEl

Testing 1, 2, 3.
*In the mobile version, there is a little camera symbol where you can seemingly load directly to the site. I’m sure it lives somewhere though, and I’ve just lost all ownership rights. ;-)
Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 811d3f10

44Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:12 pm

DeltaForceChung

DeltaForceChung
Anyone else experiencing any technical issues?

If so, please post with details so it can be addressed.

Personally speaking, so far so good.

I hope as we all "settle in" the effort and time will be spent to add an avatar and signature (if inclined) within our profiles.

If any assistance is needed, then please post.

45Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:12 pm

Allotropos

Allotropos
Hi all,
Thanks for the invite - loving the smell of a new home !
Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 RRcD8p2

Testing testing testing !
Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 JhggVfj

Looks like I'm good to go !
bounce bounce bounce bounce

46Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:43 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Allotropos. I see you are sticking with the same avatar and alliteration. I have no doubt we'll see great things from you, and the test photo seems to prove it.

47Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:53 pm

dadrab

dadrab
@ Allotropos. Welcome in. Mighty good to have you with us.

48Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:11 pm

highwayman57

highwayman57
I've been having a problem with the activation email. I tried to set up an account with my trusted, long-time username of highwayman57, but I don't see it on the member list. I was finally able to gain access by logging in with my Google account, but I can't use my preferred username. Does anybody have any advice?

David

49Help needed with forum tech - Page 2 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:23 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
highwayman57 wrote:I've been having a problem with the activation email. I tried to set up an account with my trusted, long-time username of highwayman57, but I don't see it on the member list. I was finally able to gain access by logging in with my Google account, but I can't use my preferred username. Does anybody have any advice? David

Hi David. I have no idea why this wasn't working correctly for you, but I edited and saved your profile name. I hope this is what you wanted. And welcome aboard!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum