OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

skywalkersaga

Ah, yes, the pale makes sense -- I was just too lazy to type out both body type numbers, lol. 

And of course, I could be wrong about the fit... but just wanted to put it out there in case! Smile 

And 'airbags'.... lmao  Laughing

DarthJ

Stryker2011 wrote:So, who’s going to take one for the team and get one so we can see comparison pics, and know for sure how this looks? I’m still curious about the seamless foot; is it posable like the Jiaou’s? Are the toes posable like Hot Stuff? Is there more of a support in the foot rather than their initial floppy foot?

I already pre-ordered both from a Chinese seller, expected to arrive in March. Ready to be compared with the 2 other "petite" sized dolls.

Heads : it will be handy to have some more heads for the petite dolls. They look very young ? That's a perk with many Asian females, they manage to look 10 years younger than they really are. I have also noticed that all these Chinese head manufacturers are better at making Asian than "western" heads. Not difficult to understand, they have living examples available by the millions.

Bikinis : I guess they are made in a kind of vinyl as they do for other figures where the clothing can be removed. Basically it is a rubber band. Unfortunately and probably also with the disadvantages of rubber bands : tears easily, becomes brittle with aging.

Feet : if they can stand on those seamless feet I prefer those above the detachable feet : no seam to hide, no different colour shade, ...

GeeWillikers

Taking a closer look at the feet (in an academic non-Tarantino manner Smile) for the first time, they look shorter and broader than older TBL models - more like those on the newest Jiaou 'European' bodies. I just can't imagine how these are going to stand up on their own, unsupported.

Not unless... the soles are some kind of harder silicone or plastic...?

Diana

GeeWillikers wrote:Taking a closer look at the feet (in an academic non-Tarantino manner Smile) for the first time, they look shorter and broader than older TBL models - more like those on the newest Jiaou 'European' bodies. I just can't imagine how these are going to stand up on their own, unsupported.

I'm really excited for these. I still haven't pre-ordered and will wait for a review.
But I can't imagine them producing the same floppy feet again so they must be better. RIGHT???
And if they are better: I had practically buried my S06, but these hollow boots actually allowed her to stand by herself, if not in as many different poses as I'd like.
If these feet are as articulated as they seem on the photos, then maybe they'll work even better with these boots as well as other hollow shoes! And I'd be happy with that.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, I'm with you on that, Diana... I could live with them being able to stand via hollow boots. Since I want my figures to be permanently dressed anyway, them being able to stand around while totally nekkid is not really an issue to me. ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

blackpool

blackpool
GeeWillikers wrote:Taking a closer look at the feet (in an academic non-Tarantino manner Smile) for the first time, they look shorter and broader than older TBL models - more like those on the newest Jiaou 'European' bodies. I just can't imagine how these are going to stand up on their own, unsupported.

I'll stick with the Tarantino manner when it's about feet Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ovy

Ovy
If I was a producer of little silicone feet, I would put strong, heavy neodymium magnets into their soles, so they would have a lot of weight down there and could stand one legged on metal surfaces, without support. Has anyone of you ever added magnets to shoes? Might be fun.

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
I have.
A Gen1 Jiaou was on sale for $30 so i bought it to experiment with, it had seamless feet so i had to use old hollow plastic boots from the bin.
The boots were stupidly designed as the heel were higher than the ball of the foot so the boots lean backwards.

I super-glued two magnets on the right heel and 1 on the left for a contrapposto pose.
The thin base is my son's Bakugan card (aka metal gate card), which i covered with colored paper.
I will eventually replace the card with metal plate to have a stronger hold.
I have yet to add sculpting putty to hide the magnets, but i think i'll just leave them as is since they're unnoticeable anyway.

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 3 Magnet10

gooboo

Giantoy appears to be shipping these now. Did anyone get one? I have yet to see any in-hand photos of this body type, and I was curious to see what they looked like in comparison to other Phicen bodies.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
gooboo - I had a quick look and so far these were the only 'in-hand' photos I could find. No comparisons with any other tbleague bodies, but just a pic of them still in the packaging:

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 3 93436941_148672139990621_918300780268339967_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram

Image found here.

ahbake

Proportions look kinda odd, don't they?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ahbake wrote:Proportions look kinda odd, don't they?

Yep. Narrow shoulders, almost no hips. It’ll be interesting to see if they can stand on their own, and if the feet have some sort of flexibility, without being the floppy footed things like there earlier seamless foot bodies had.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 3 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
It's hard to tell for sure about the body shape and proportions as imo tbleague bodies don't always look so great when just in that neutral position inside the box. Also, the headsculpts they have made to go with this body seem really round and stylized, so it's possible the heads could be a bit oversized and thus affecting the overall impression of the body's size and proportions. A lot will depend on how tall the body actually is, and whether or not it works with a 'regular' headsculpt.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
On the plus side, those head sculpts look a bit less 'controversial' than in the promos, which makes me less reluctant to buy one with a head.

Arms and wrists look a little 'off' again somehow to me - is this TBL's new 'norm' now? It's a shame we aren't seeing them out of the trays and posed a little yet though, and I'd still like to get a better look at those feet so that I can nip this growing obsession with them in the bud before it gets out of control Very Happy

On the whole (and with the caveat we only have this one pic to go by so far) this body looks much more like a simple remix of the 32/33 with integrated feet than it did in the promos. A little slimmer from the waist down, possibly. I'm not a big fan of the narrow shoulders, to be honest. Sure they needed to be narrower than TBL's old 'norm' but I think they went just a teensy bit too far. It's a very subtle matter of degrees, but it's enough to throw things off.  And while the 'pale' body variant is indeed pale, the sculpt and the hands don't appear to be (but as always, this may just be a trick of the eye and/or photographic conditions.

In a nutshell (28 edits later Very Happy ), we need to see more.

Diana

Diana
I think that blonde head looks terrible. I had to look twice to be sure I wasn't looking at a 1/12 version...
And while I was also disappointed about the lack of hips, I agree that when posed this could look alright.

GeeWillikers wrote:In a nutshell (28 edits later Very Happy ), we need to see more.
Laughing
I agree.

Elbitagin12

Hello, I need help please, I'm new collecting these dolls, but I bought an M36 male doll and I don't know what clothes to buy because it has a bigger size. Thanks

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Elbitagin12 wrote:Hello, I need help please, I'm new collecting these dolls, but I bought an M36 male doll and I don't know what clothes to buy because it has a bigger size. Thanks

Greetings, and welcome aboard. Check out this thread here, it might be able to answer your questions:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1055-phicen-tbleague-superflexible-seamless-male-body-m36-review-updated-with-part-2

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Elbitagin12 wrote:Hello, I need help please, I'm new collecting these dolls, but I bought an M36 male doll and I don't know what clothes to buy because it has a bigger size. Thanks

I'm not sure what style of clothing you are looking for, but Hegemony77 on etsy usually make basic modern clothing for the larger m36-size male bodies:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Hegemony77com?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=780755722

ETA: Welcome, btw! Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father

Stryker and Sky got most of my answer covered. I would normally point you to the following thread, but this specific body is more of a challenge; the lankier proportions do work with scantier/sportier clothing (e.g., shorts are shorts, but sleeves and trouser legs is where the poor fit would show).

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1403-clothing-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-updated-part-xv-march-2020#18965

Still, I hope this helps, even if it is neither exhaustive, nor specific to this particular body.

DarthJ

Ordered in January, they are finally on their way from China. On foot I guess, so slow ...

To compare : I paid $84.99 for each doll, no shipping and probably no import taxes (never from China, always from the USA, funny that).
Maybe you can get them for less though I preferred a (more) reliable seller for this amount.

Next ones will be PLLB2020-S38 and PLLB2020-S39 "Plump Female Figure Body Model" with head. Pale and tan as usual.
Still in pre-purchase so I haven't actually bought these yet.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'm still scouting around for more pics of these.... anyone else have any luck?

This is the only other one I could find so far...

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 3 I-img580x870-15870110865obgni1165

packraptor

packraptor
skywalkersaga wrote:I'm still scouting around for more pics of these.... anyone else have any luck?

I found these images from a Japanese yahoo seller:

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 3 B9216e10
S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 3 45bdc210
S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 3 B4f9fe10
S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 3 7dfd5010

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for the extra pics, packraptor, and welcome to the madness.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 3 C8485110

packraptor

packraptor
You're welcome. And I'm just happy to be in the mix, Stryker2011.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, thanks for the pics, and welcome, packraptor!

The body looks kinda cute, but I have to admit I really don't like those heads. At all. The promo pics made them look a lot nicer and more doll-like, but the in-hand pics just look cheap. Also, the proportions of the head to the body throws off my ability to properly understand how the body really looks. I probably need to see it with a more realistic 1/6 headsculpt in order to get a better picture.

packraptor

packraptor
skywalkersaga wrote:Yes, thanks for the pics, and welcome, packraptor!

The body looks kinda cute, but I have to admit I really don't like those heads. At all. The promo pics made them look a lot nicer and more doll-like, but the in-hand pics just look cheap. Also, the proportions of the head to the body throws of my ability to actually properly understand how the body really looks. I probably need to see it with a more realistic 1/6 headsculpt in order to get a better picture.

Thanks, skywalkersaga. I have to agree with you about the head-sculpts. It does seem as if phicen was being thrifty on them. A little paint application to give it the illusion of realistic skin would have made a hell of a difference. Also, it doesn't help that the heads look a bit small in proportion to the rest of the body. It gives the impression that the figure bodies are unusually tall.

I've had the blonde version on pre-order for a month or so now, and honestly, I expect that the head-sculpt will be disappointing. However, I do like the body from what I've seen, so if the head-sculpt looks just as bad in-person as it does in the photos we've seen, I'll probably just use it as a place-holder until I find something better.

EDIT-

Before I forget, here's two close-up pics of the head-sculpts I found from KGhobby's facebook page:

S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 3 93803810
S34 - NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 3 93864610

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, you are right, it does seem that the heads aren't up to usual tbleague standard. Their headsculpts do tend to have a somewhat stylized appearance, even the 'realistic' ones, but even so, they generally are at least decently painted. I think the eyelashes on these are just ....bafflingly bad! and also the hair seems like it could have been done better...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I appreciate the extra images, too. Thank you. The bodies themselves look pretty nice, but I notice how there is no clear image showing whether they can stand unsupported or not (the one where she is balancing on one foot allows for her leaning against the shelving behind her). While I readily admit the visual superiority of the seamless ankle feet, I want my figures to be able to stand. So this is one less strain on my wallet, so far.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum