OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

packraptor

You're welcome. And I'm just happy to be in the mix, Stryker2011.

skywalkersaga

Yes, thanks for the pics, and welcome, packraptor!

The body looks kinda cute, but I have to admit I really don't like those heads. At all. The promo pics made them look a lot nicer and more doll-like, but the in-hand pics just look cheap. Also, the proportions of the head to the body throws off my ability to properly understand how the body really looks. I probably need to see it with a more realistic 1/6 headsculpt in order to get a better picture.

packraptor

packraptor
skywalkersaga wrote:Yes, thanks for the pics, and welcome, packraptor!

The body looks kinda cute, but I have to admit I really don't like those heads. At all. The promo pics made them look a lot nicer and more doll-like, but the in-hand pics just look cheap. Also, the proportions of the head to the body throws of my ability to actually properly understand how the body really looks. I probably need to see it with a more realistic 1/6 headsculpt in order to get a better picture.

Thanks, skywalkersaga. I have to agree with you about the head-sculpts. It does seem as if phicen was being thrifty on them. A little paint application to give it the illusion of realistic skin would have made a hell of a difference. Also, it doesn't help that the heads look a bit small in proportion to the rest of the body. It gives the impression that the figure bodies are unusually tall.

I've had the blonde version on pre-order for a month or so now, and honestly, I expect that the head-sculpt will be disappointing. However, I do like the body from what I've seen, so if the head-sculpt looks just as bad in-person as it does in the photos we've seen, I'll probably just use it as a place-holder until I find something better.

EDIT-

Before I forget, here's two close-up pics of the head-sculpts I found from KGhobby's facebook page:

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 5 93803810
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 5 93864610

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, you are right, it does seem that the heads aren't up to usual tbleague standard. Their headsculpts do tend to have a somewhat stylized appearance, even the 'realistic' ones, but even so, they generally are at least decently painted. I think the eyelashes on these are just ....bafflingly bad! and also the hair seems like it could have been done better...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I appreciate the extra images, too. Thank you. The bodies themselves look pretty nice, but I notice how there is no clear image showing whether they can stand unsupported or not (the one where she is balancing on one foot allows for her leaning against the shelving behind her). While I readily admit the visual superiority of the seamless ankle feet, I want my figures to be able to stand. So this is one less strain on my wallet, so far.

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:I appreciate the extra images, too. Thank you. The bodies themselves look pretty nice, but I notice how there is no clear image showing whether they can stand unsupported or not (the one where she is balancing on one foot allows for her leaning against the shelving behind her). While I readily admit the visual superiority of the seamless ankle feet, I want my figures to be able to stand. So this is one less strain on my wallet, so far.
Exactly. I'm not buying any more bodies that can't stand on their feet unsupported. Even with the hollow boots I got for my S06 her poses are still extremely limited, which is annoying.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Well if nothing else, from the glimpse we're getting of them the feet appear to be less ugly than the old TBL feet with those permanently turned-up tootsies.  The sculpts certainly are pretty slapdash though, especially the blonde. We've longed for them to offer matching sculpts for the base bodies again, but if these are the best they can do now I'm not sure it's worth the extra outlay. Not when you can seek out better sculpts for yourself.

To be fair I do quite like the overall design, but until it becomes clear if these will stand unsupported (I'm guessing not but I would love to be proven wrong) they're still at the back of my buying queue. I will get at least one I suppose because You Gotta Catch 'em All, but I'd probably buy one of those S37 anime bodies before I get one of these.

DarthJ

Well, I won't get the figures any time soon. They have ended up at the worst place possible : Customs. Who have written me a nice letter claiming an invoice. I have 1 month to comply. After that the item is either sent back or destroyed.
So I wrote the Chinese seller - Giantoy - asking for a 22 Euro invoice. If the seller sends me the real invoice normally I should pay about $75 extra. Which I won't, so goodbye figures and maybe money.
Never before was a figure from China intercepted, this can't be a coincidence with the present events. The post office is already overwhelmed by a flood of parcels and then they are going to check each and every one of them.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
What the heck.... a parcel from GianToy in UK customs??? Usually they are never intercepted. Uh oh.... that doesn't bode well for my own upcoming orders....

DarthJ

Belgian Customs. I have never known a Chinese seller to send the (actually mandatory from a certain value) invoice with his parcel.

Though from 2021, if everything goes "according to plan", as a UK citizen the only country you will be able to buy from without having to worry about customs will be the UK itself.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ah, my bad, for some reason I thought you were in the UK. 

And yes.... don't remind me. Bye-bye to my collecting , at that point.... ;___;

DarthJ

I was used to this "stay below 22 Euro purchase value" exercice when buying from the USA but if Customs are now targeting China too it's also goodbye Phicen-TBLeague. Sellers in the EU besides being more expensive also have much less choice to offer.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah. UK-based 1/6 scale options will be limited to 'the one and only Hot Toys scalper who overcharges for everything'.  Rolling Eyes

Adeno

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, Adeno! That's quite an extensive video review. The body looks pretty nice and would certainly be fitting for certain types of characters.  The clothing that the reviewer is using doesn't seem to fit quite right on them, but the 'nude' [rather, bikini'd] bodies themselves look good.  Just so frustrating, from my perspective, that it's a non-detachable foot figure. 

And the comparison was very helpful....looks like that answers the question of height: it's about the same height as the s12d. Just a slimmer body shape [and slimmer neck]. It does look like the neck peg is once again smaller though, which some people won't appreciate. I don't mind it myself, since I have to mod all the neck pegs on the petite bodies I already use anyway. 

Definitely curious to see more of this one, especially in terms of if/how 'normal' 1/6 heads fit onto it. Though I do think the seamless ankles will severely limit my own potential uses for it.

gooboo

I liked the way the body looked in the video- I was afraid they would be really small, but apparently that's not the case. I think I'll get one of these eventually, though without the heads. I thought those looked pretty cheap.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hmm. Judging by the video, it doesn't look like these can stand on their own -- that's disappointing.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 5 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That was my takeaway as well. :/

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for supplying the video review. Even without knowing the language, it does convey a lot about the product. Including, as already pointed out (and long suspected), that these can't stand on their own. Too bad, because otherwise they look great (still, not a fan of the heads, although the darker-haired one looks passable).

Adeno

Yeah, they can't stand on their own. I guess that's always the issue with non-solid feet for dolls. When I was looking at "bigger" dolls out of curiosity (2 feet tall to real adult sized silicone/tpe dolls), I found out the way they solved the issue is to have three metal cap things protrude from the bottom of each foot (which ruins the look for me). There are big dolls that are like the TBLeague seamless feet, but they also fall over and their metal skeletons can poke out of their meat lol!

For my personal taste, I'd rather have solid interchangeable TBLeague feet than protruding metal things. Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Adeno wrote:Yeah, they can't stand on their own. I guess that's always the issue with non-solid feet for dolls. When I was looking at "bigger" dolls out of curiosity (2 feet tall to real adult sized silicone/tpe dolls), I found out the way they solved the issue is to have three metal cap things protrude from the bottom of each foot (which ruins the look for me). There are big dolls that are like the TBLeague seamless feet, but they also fall over and their metal skeletons can poke out of their meat lol!

For my personal taste, I'd rather have solid interchangeable TBLeague feet than protruding metal things. Smile

Agreed -- besides even if they were functional, non-detachable feet would not work with some footwear (either too tight or designed for an ankle peg), so that would limit adaptability.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oddly enough — Hot Stuff (what, about 7-9 years ago), made an entirely seamless body with the ability to stand on its own.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague: 1/6 Female Super-Flexible Seamless Body S34 & S35 (with head sculpt) & 34A & 34A (without head sculpt) - Page 5 C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum