OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Dreadful Reaper comes today

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Dreadful Reaper comes today Empty The Dreadful Reaper comes today Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:55 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Hi all, long time no post !
Sharing an old project with a few Work in progress pics.
The Dreadful Reaper comes today DrIX9Rz

I wanted to give this guy a different kinda look..like floating above a pile of skulls and I think it worked out quite nicely.
The Dreadful Reaper comes today 3ogyY7u
The Dreadful Reaper comes today YX9RVe3
The Dreadful Reaper comes today OHtj7ti
The Dreadful Reaper comes today HbW1Avl
The Dreadful Reaper comes today SxMOd0I

The Dreadful Reaper with his ginormous death scythe and extra sets of hands that I decided to make
The Dreadful Reaper comes today Qkzu3mA
The Dreadful Reaper comes today TwDAn1T
The Dreadful Reaper comes today Iv8R1Tg

Other parts sculpted with epoxy :
1) Rib Cage, Belt and Belt Plate
The Dreadful Reaper comes today 0uOmUAl

2) Shoulder armour & sculpted arms
The Dreadful Reaper comes today 4cQRQL5

3) Tiny skulls & wing bones
The Dreadful Reaper comes today FM5w3z3

4) Gauntlet and hands
The Dreadful Reaper comes today JIL4NfR

5) 1 of 3 pairs of hands I made
The Dreadful Reaper comes today HktYFcg

6) The book containing the names of souls to be collected
The Dreadful Reaper comes today Bd5mYso

Some WIPs :
1) The itsy bitsy teenie weenie skulls - Made a WHOLE buncha these little fellas..wasnt sure how many I would have needed and didn't want to run out midway of the build...
The Dreadful Reaper comes today Yzn0Oqk

2) Skull base - There are a few levels of skulls piled up along the shape of the cone..and to avoid areas I wont be able to reach with my paintbrush, I decided to paint them after each level was done..drybrushed then added a wash.
The Dreadful Reaper comes today DMhcN0G

Thanks for dropping by !

2The Dreadful Reaper comes today Empty Re: The Dreadful Reaper comes today Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:29 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I remember this masterpiece. So glad o see it again. I absolutely love this— so many awesome details, and great interpretation of the character.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Dreadful Reaper comes today C8485110

3The Dreadful Reaper comes today Empty Re: The Dreadful Reaper comes today Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:37 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That's seriously astounding! The level of skill and imagination that went into this....  The skeletal wings are very unique, and those hands.... wow. The fact that you made three pairs as well, amazing! :O

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4The Dreadful Reaper comes today Empty Re: The Dreadful Reaper comes today Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:09 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stunning and impressive in every way. Beautiful work and amazing attention to detail, demonstrating such skills. While some aspects might defy the laws of physics (skeletal wings) or practicality (size and complexity of the scythe), this is so very cool. Thanks for posting it.

5The Dreadful Reaper comes today Empty Re: The Dreadful Reaper comes today Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:58 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
He looks great, the tiny skulls are also great considering how small the are.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The Dreadful Reaper comes today 1f60e

6The Dreadful Reaper comes today Empty Re: The Dreadful Reaper comes today Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:40 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
Stryker2011 wrote:I remember this masterpiece. So glad o see it again. I absolutely love this— so many awesome details, and great interpretation of the character.

skywalkersaga wrote:That's seriously astounding! The level of skill and imagination that went into this....  The skeletal wings are very unique, and those hands.... wow. The fact that you made three pairs as well, amazing! :O

Thanks Stryker & Sky !! Very Happy

GubernatorFan wrote:Stunning and impressive in every way. Beautiful work and amazing attention to detail, demonstrating such skills. While some aspects might defy the laws of physics (skeletal wings) or practicality (size and complexity of the scythe), this is so very cool. Thanks for posting it.

Thanks GF !Very Happy
I feel that's the best part about customs actually..it doesn't have to obey the laws of..well - pretty much anything !

Theboo-bomb wrote:He looks great, the tiny skulls are also great considering how small the are.

Thanks Bomb Very Happy
It's little wonder why I'm slightly cross eyed now !

Disclaimer : I drew inspiration for my Reaper from a video game character.
The Dreadful Reaper comes today 5lEj761

7The Dreadful Reaper comes today Empty Re: The Dreadful Reaper comes today Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:33 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I think your version looks better than the video game version.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Dreadful Reaper comes today C8485110

8The Dreadful Reaper comes today Empty Re: The Dreadful Reaper comes today Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:44 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
My thoughts as well -- your version makes more 'sense' aesthetically, lol.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

9The Dreadful Reaper comes today Empty Re: The Dreadful Reaper comes today Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:52 am

Ephiane

Ephiane
That was a fantastic bash, indeed. Definitly much better than the game character. So many Details and the Base is amazing. I search for another levitate character and found this one in Dead by Daylight. I think a important detail by showing a flowting Character are the feet. They must be in a pose you can´t stand on them. Maybe You like to lift the Cloak and show his feet in that pose ? I´m a great Fan of fantasy monsters and one in that style You want is a banshee. Maybe You will find more Inspirations about Banshees...

For Your inspiration...

The Dreadful Reaper comes today 20200320
The Dreadful Reaper comes today 20200321

and the banshee

The Dreadful Reaper comes today Luke-f10

10The Dreadful Reaper comes today Empty Re: The Dreadful Reaper comes today Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:50 pm

Allotropos

Allotropos
Stryker2011 wrote:I think your version looks better than the video game version.
skywalkersaga wrote:My thoughts as well -- your version makes more 'sense' aesthetically, lol.
Thanks guys !

Ephiane wrote:That was a fantastic bash, indeed. Definitly much better than the game character. So many Details and the Base is amazing. I search for another levitate character and found this one in Dead by Daylight. I think a important detail by showing a flowting Character are the feet. They must be in a pose you can´t stand on them. Maybe You like to lift the Cloak and show his feet in that pose ? I´m a great Fan of fantasy monsters and one in that style You want is a banshee. Maybe You will find more Inspirations about Banshees...
For Your inspiration...
The Dreadful Reaper comes today 20200320
The Dreadful Reaper comes today 20200321

and the banshee
The Dreadful Reaper comes today Luke-f10

Thanks for sharing Ephiane !
I had removed the feet entirely and used a rod to attach the Reaper to the base hidden underneath the robes to achieve that floating look. Hope this helps !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum