OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Sooo...this is what happens when I am on a low budget and discover a bag of old Transformers toys.

The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 16373311
The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 Lumii477

Evalyn Stinger was once human - the twin sibling of a certain Captain Blake Stinger, in fact. Neither of the two had a particularly well-off upbringing, living in poverty and abuse for several years throughout their childhood before eventually resorting to a life of underground criminal activity. Their hearts were slowly but inevitably turned dark and twisted. Having a common interest in mind after the end of the modern world, the two would begin scheming together, with Evalyn seeking out and luring prey, while Blake played 'doctor' on the unfortunate souls after removing and selling some of their organs on the black market. Evalyn's brother was no amateur, though; having previously found his way into a militant medical career during his early adulthood, possessing knowledge/access to various medicines and surgical equipment. Captain Blake Stinger used these skills on captured subjects, modifying and turning them to his will. One fateful day as Evalyn hunted a group of prey,  she was caught in the middle of a rigged landmine, losing more than 70 percent of her body in the explosion. Captain Stinger did everything he could to save her, eventually resorting to biomechanical engineering. Initially distraught by his sister's downfall, the twisted part of Blake couldn't help but feel optimistic about the new opportunities that her bio-mechanical upgrades would offer. Though blood, Captain Stinger knew that Evalyn was irreversibly now a 'freak,' and planned to eventually add her to his ensemble of circus freaks once she acquired enough subjects for him. Until then, he would treat her like something of a pet who plays fetch. But evil minds think alike, as Evalyn suspected this, and schemed to turn on her brother as well, after he had finished providing her with a small army of super freaks suitable to assist her in ruling the new world.
The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 16372510
The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 16372511

Evalyn's current target...?

The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 Lumii475
TAUDD REYNARD: Hmm...what an interesting device I've stumbled upon in this rather typical dump. It may prove useful in my journey ahead...

The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 16372512
EVALYN STINGER: Not so fast, roadkill!! You're on my hit list...
TAUDD: ...Well then, I guess you're gonna have to...HIT me, first!!
The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 16372810
The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 Lumii480
The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 16373210
The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 16373211
The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 Lumii476
TAUDD: Dammit, ya got me...well, sheeahhtt!!!
The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 Lumii479

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Very cool! There is so much creativity in your figures and their outfits!  The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 1f44d  The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 1f44d  The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 1f44d

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very creative new characters and back story. Poor Taudd -- that he should be noticed in the first place, and tracked in the second. But I guess he got lucky that big bro was around. Wink

Ovy

Ovy
Ewww what a tragic and twisted character! Let's see which sibling will get the upper hand over the other. I am sure she is wounded in the battle, maybe half of her face torn or burned so she has to wear mechanical parts or a half mask there. I mean she is the kind of character for creepy face prosthetics.

Haha and I guess Taudd is the kind of guy who scavenges everything when exploring, empty plastic bottles, toy cars or rotten apples, zombie eyeballs, doesn't matter. He will open every drawer. Until he notices he can't carry any more and drops the half of it.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
What a wild character, and a sad/tragic backstory. All those Transformer parts worked out great. The story around all these characters gets more and more warped and exciting — very cool.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 C8485110

BAMComix

BAMComix
What a great concept! Such a cool looking character!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
A very creepy and dark character with a story to match, your figures just keep getting better and better and those action shots are fantastic too.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 1f60e

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
Randam Hajile wrote:Very cool! There is so much creativity in your figures and their outfits!  The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 1f44d  The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 1f44d  The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 1f44d

Thank you!! Brainstorming outfit designs and then finally getting to a point where I'm satisfied with their outcome as close as possible to how envisioned in my mind, is one of the best parts of this hobby.

GubernatorFan wrote:Very creative new characters and back story. Poor Taudd -- that he should be noticed in the first place, and tracked in the second. But I guess he got lucky that big bro was around. Wink

Thanks Guber! This was just going to be a single character intro, then I figured why not throw in a target to show just how ruthless the new villainess could be. Plus Taudd has a habit of getting into sticky situations in general, whether intentional or not. He's a bit of a 'hothead', I'd say!!

Ovy wrote:Ewww what a tragic and twisted character! Let's see which sibling will get the upper hand over the other. I am sure she is wounded in the battle, maybe half of her face torn or burned so she has to wear mechanical parts or a half mask there. I mean she is the kind of character for creepy face prosthetics.

Haha and I guess Taudd is the kind of guy who scavenges everything when exploring, empty plastic bottles, toy cars or rotten apples, zombie eyeballs, doesn't matter. He will open every drawer. Until he notices he can't carry any more and drops the half of it.

Hehe, I knew it was a good idea to wait for feedback from you so I could get some more ideas flowing for the rest of this shoot. Her face is too clean for a bounty hunter killer, no?

That is an interesting list of scavenge material for Taudd, even though I think it might be more valuable to someone like Skupes with his goofy collector sensibilities. Maybe they meet up and have a trade-off in the future? Probably play some kind of card game and use it as gambling forfeit.

Stryker2011 wrote:What a wild character, and a sad/tragic backstory. All those Transformer parts worked out great. The story around all these characters gets more and more warped and exciting — very cool.

I'm so glad to hear on both accounts. Some gorilla glue and repainting of parts was an overall straightforward process, but in the end came together quite fittingly for the concept I had in mind.

BAMComix wrote:What a great concept! Such a cool looking character!

Much appreciated!

Theboo-bomb wrote:A very creepy and dark character with a story to match, your figures just keep getting better and better and those action shots are fantastic too.

Much appreciated sir. Knowing my skills in this hobby are improving the more I experiment and learn, is what keeps me motivated and curious to try new things. The action shots are fun too, especially in the post editing process with all of the effects I'm able to play around with. Get ready for more soon!!

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
I only made a couple of small additions to this next part, and extended the backdrop to allow more diverse angles.

The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 16374310
The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 Lumii481
The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 Lumii482
EVALYN: Where are you running off to, 'Brave' Fox?!

The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 Lumii484
The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 Faceap48
TAUDD: Thanks for the assist, stranger...but I think I can handle this on my own.
GHEIZT: Got trust issues, huh?

The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 Lumii485
EVALYN: What is this, a two for one special? It must be my lucky day!!
The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 16374710
The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 16374810
The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 16374910
TAUDD: I have lots of nicknames. For my next trick you'll find out why some call me FIREFOX, and how I'm about to make your system...CRASH!!
The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 16374811
The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 16374812
The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 Lumii486The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 Lumii487
The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 Lumii488
EVALYN: My face...my beautiful face - it was the last part of me that was still human. You'll pay for that, b*stards!!!
The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 16374813

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
So they don't realize they are brothers? Or am I mixing up characters? I guess Ovy got his damaged face in need of a mask... Poor Evalyn, although she is the bad guy here... Nice special effects -- and nice practical effects/mods too. From her unfortunate eye situation to his bandaged foot (actually I saw that last time too). Beautifully done as always.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Uhoh. I’m afraid they woke a sleeping lion at this point (anyone get that reference?). Too bad about her face, but it seems fitting somehow. I wonder when they’ll realize they’re brothers, myself.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

The Cyber Reaper (Sibling Rivalry) UPDATED 11/21/21 C8485110

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
GubernatorFan wrote:So they don't realize they are brothers? Or am I mixing up characters? I guess Ovy got his damaged face in need of a mask... Poor Evalyn, although she is the bad guy here... Nice special effects -- and nice practical effects/mods too. From her unfortunate eye situation to his bandaged foot (actually I saw that last time too). Beautifully done as always.

Stryker2011 wrote:Uhoh. I’m afraid they woke a sleeping lion at this point (anyone get that reference?). Too bad about her face, but it seems fitting somehow. I wonder when they’ll realize they’re brothers, myself.

I was going for dramatic irony with that reveal, but the others will become aware of it in time. I wonder if anyone will guess who their (shared) mother and father are? I won't spoil the surprise if anyone gets it right. 😋 I knew something was missing with Evalyn's design, but a damaged/cybernetic eye/scouter seems to be the answer - now I just have to figure out what to make it from. I appreciate the praise for the effects, once I obtain a computer with proper software I can expand upon them and not be restricted to only mobile app presets, haha.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, you've done very well with mobile apps already. Smile

Ephiane

Ephiane
I love Your fantasy characters and the story. I really enjoy Your work. Thanks for showing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum