OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 19]

GeeWillikers

Got myself another package from GianToy in under a week - ordered last Friday evening, arrived in the UK by Wednesday morning. Smile

skywalkersaga

Awesome! I'm waiting for something else from them myself and hopefully it, too, will arrive shortly. Smile

Sadly the Nancy in Hell sculpt seems to have succumbed to the plague. ;p I shall seek out a replacement, eventually....

GeeWillikers

A very odd thing happened this morning - got one of my regular packages from Monkey Depot, which usually find themselves routed through Europe before they reach me in the UK for some reason. This time though, for the first time ever, the package came via China.

Valiarde

Ebay I had no problems at all last two month, but all my stuff from different asian shops still not here despite some mails that it is underway. I guess lots of stuff held back at customs or interim storage somewhere. Smile

Diana

Diana
I ordered that head sculpt from OSK a week ago and got it today. Within a week. Wow.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I'm seeing fewer and fewer listings from China on ebay now as stocks are running out before manufacturing resumes - most 1/6 figure listings on there are in Japan at the moment, and at double the cost. And with Coronavirus hitting the UK, the postal system here seems to be slowly grinding to a halt - deliveries including my latest GianToy package are taking longer than usual (although GT do seem to have new TBL stock in, which suggests the slowdown is at this end now, rather than China).  

It's going to be an 'interesting' couple of months.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I hate this situation so much, for everyone's sake. Just so stressful. :[

Currently, I'm mainly worried cause I have something I need to send internationally, and I'm vacillating over whether to rush to the post office first thing Monday just to get it sent out asap, or risk having to wait possibly a couple weeks to who knows how long to send it....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:I hate this situation so much, for everyone's sake. Just so stressful. :[

Currently, I'm mainly worried cause I have something I need to send internationally, and I'm vacillating over whether to rush to the post office first thing Monday just to get it sent out asap, or risk having to wait possibly a couple weeks to who knows how long to send it....

It's the panic-buying that's making everything so difficult at the moment. Neutral

As for sending stuff out, it's a real dilemma. Send it now, you risk it disappearing in a landslide of mail. Send it later, it could take forever to get where its going. I think we're going to be stuck with this situation for at least a couple of months, now.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeWillikers wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:I hate this situation so much, for everyone's sake. Just so stressful. :[

It's the panic-buying that's making everything so difficult at the moment. Neutral

As for sending stuff out, it's a real dilemma. Send it now, you risk it disappearing in a landslide of mail. Send it later, it could take forever to get where its going. I think we're going to be stuck with this situation for at least a couple of months, now.

Yeah, agreed. People acting like Crazies is not helping.

And argh, that's my concern as well. I feel like regardless, I'm screwed. I'm considering just taking the risk and sending it, but with as much of an expedited and tracked service as possible. Don't know how much of a difference that would make, though.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
skywalkersaga wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:

Yeah, agreed. People acting like Crazies is not helping.

And argh, that's my concern as well. I feel like regardless, I'm screwed. I'm considering just taking the risk and sending it, but with as much of an expedited and tracked service as possible. Don't know how much of a difference that would make, though.

The solution I came up with cancelling all my items for sale on every platform until things are safe. I saw the UK prob from months away back when the outbreak was just in China so was well prepared for what I'd need to do but obviously for others it feels like out of the blue things are suddenly getting weird. Just take care whatever you do.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I saw it coming too and have stopped all my selling activity on eBay for a while now (especially internationally). But this particular parcel is a personal one, which is why I’m so keen to get it sent. I guess it’s probably not worth the health risk and/or risk of it getting lost though ... :/

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
skywalkersaga wrote:I saw it coming too and have stopped all my selling activity on eBay for a while now (especially internationally). But this particular parcel is a personal one, which is why I’m so keen to get it sent. I guess it’s probably not worth the health risk and/or risk of it getting lost though ... :/

What about getting the parcel collected by courier? you only have contact with one person then and can take precautions, plus such options usually come with tracking and insurance. maybe worth a try

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, I will look into that!

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
So yeah, I reckon that's the UK postal system gone up the spout for a while. I've got three packages all waiting to show, at least two of which I should have received by last week, and all I'm getting are local letters and junk mail.

The junk mail always gets through...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, things are getting crazy.... not fun times.

I did manage to send out that package in the end....but whether or not it will reach its destination, or if I shall still be around to even know if it does, is another matter.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
My latest GianToy order is certainly less speedy than I've come to expect, let's put it that way.

skywalkersaga wrote:Yeah, things are getting crazy.... not fun times.

I did manage to send out that package in the end....but whether or not it will reach its destination, or if I shall still be around to even know if it does, is another matter.

Unless you're over 70 years old Razz or in a 'vulnerable group' you should eventually be completely OK even if you do catch it. That's how I'm looking at it anyway - a massive inconvenience that we'll all have to go through for a few months, with added national hysteria thrown in.

Diana

Diana
The heads I ordered from OSK each arrived within ONE week.
But the body I ordered two weeks ago from Giantoy is still in transit. Status = "Dispatch from Sorting Center" in China since March 8.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Seems like my GianToy order has now been received by the regional depot, so I should have it in a day or so. So by my reckoning, that's 5-6 days slower than usual (and I'm confident the slowdown is at this end in the UK, rather than in China).

Not too bad, considering.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
AerynDiana wrote: ... the body I ordered two weeks ago from Giantoy is still in transit. Status = "Dispatch from Sorting Center" in China since March 8.

Am I right in thinking you're in Germany?

There's a shipping info guide here if you haven't seen it (scroll down)
https://giantoy.com/blogs/news/service-recovered-we-are-shipping-as-usual-now
but unfortunately they seem to have duplicated the info for Australia in the field for Germany.

It's interesting (for me at least) to note that given the 'special arrangement' they have with UK Royal Mail, how much more detailed their shipping info is for the UK.

Best thing to do if you're actually worried about your package is to 'Ask Amelia' - quick, helpful and friendly.

Diana

Diana
GeeWillikers wrote:
AerynDiana wrote: ... the body I ordered two weeks ago from Giantoy is still in transit. Status = "Dispatch from Sorting Center" in China since March 8.

Am I right in thinking you're in Germany?

There's a shipping info guide here if you haven't seen it (scroll down)
https://giantoy.com/blogs/news/service-recovered-we-are-shipping-as-usual-now
but unfortunately they seem to have duplicated the info for Australia in the field for Germany.

It's interesting (for me at least) to note that given the 'special arrangement' they have with UK Royal Mail, how much more detailed their shipping info is for the UK.

Best thing to do if you're actually worried about your package is to 'Ask Amelia' - quick, helpful and friendly.
Yes, I am in Germany and we're shutting down right now. Gastronomy has to close up at 18:00. Partially at 15:00 even.
But the status seems to be stuck in China, so I'll give it a few more days and then I'll contact her. I know her to be very helpful.

On another note: An Ebay order from March 8 arrived today (11 days). The seller was yy_store17. They sent a gift, too! Very Happy

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
AerynDiana wrote:On another note: An Ebay order from March 8 arrived today (11 days). The seller was yy_store17. They sent a gift, too! Very Happy

Good seller, if a little expensive - I get lots of little accessories from them.

I got my GianToy package this morning - a little earlier than expected! The postman knocked on the door, left it outside the door and ran away.

Went on GianToy's site to pick up a body, to see that thanks to the plummeting pound (GB£) prices have zoomed up overnight. Neutral

Valiarde

Valiarde
Also got my GianToy order yesterday! And picked up another figure from customs...i was the only person at customs lol

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
The last figure I bought and received took over 3 weeks from a UK seller. Well, it was basically 3 weeks to dispatch, arrived couple days after posting. Another parcel I ordered from a UK seller that arrived today took a week after posting via RM 2nd class, while another parcel that arrived today took only 2 days from Germany via DPD. As for stuff from Asia, waiting on one from China and another from Malaysia. will see how long it takes them to arrive.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
My Play Toys Iron Man from China arrived a couple days ago so only took a week-ish to get here while the Stealth Ultraman and Ultra 7 kits from Malaysia arrived yesterday after 2 weeks in transit. They went through customs quick enough so post seems to be running smoothly so far, though one small item from UK seller never arrived after almost two weeks so they sent a replacement which took only a day or two to get here.

Diana

Diana
My Giantoy body finally arrived a few days ago.
A head I ordered from seller nuoya2012 in HK arrived after exactly two weeks.

Waiting on a couple of Samurai swords now, but it hasn't even been two weeks.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Ordered a head from OneSixthKit yesterday, only to be informed by him this morning that there is currently no air mail at all from Hong Kong to the UK, so unless I feel like waiting months for it to - possibly - arrive by surface mail, I should probably cancel my order and if I still want it just wait for him to let me know when Air Mail is reinstated. Nice of him to give me a heads-up rather than just send it slo-mo, but still disappointing.

Also got a head on the way from GianToy, just to test the shipping time, and unsurprisingly it's taking longer than usual...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh geez — I just ordered something from Hong Kong from an eBay seller and now wondering if I should cancel. I also have something that I shipped internationally over a month ago and which is stuck in limbo somewhere and, according to the tracking, hasn’t even left the UK. Don’t care if it takes months to reach the recipient, I just hope it’s not lost .... Sad

Diana

Diana
I've been waiting for a couple of orders from Giantoy, too. They sent it off, but it's just sitting there with no movement.

JYMachine

JYMachine
My recent shipping experiences to the UK have been mixed. I have a parcel from OneSixthKit that has been stuck at Hong Kong airport since 11 March. However a later parcel from ThreeZero sent by EMS (so handled via ParcelForce in the UK rather than Royal Mail) arrived no problem. I have another parcel from Giantoy also via EMS en-route (left China a week ago) which is different to Giantoy's usual UK shipping method (although not sure if this is due to the parcel size or issues with their normal shipper).

Ordering from Quick-Toy in France using DPD Europe was super quick - even quicker than usual. Posted last Friday arrived Monday.

eBay orders from China shipped using SpeedPAK/Orangeconnex (i.e. those with long tracking number starting ES) also appear to be operating normally (so taking slightly over a week).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum