OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Current Projects:

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Current Projects:  Empty My Current Projects: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:36 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Though a lot of parts and at least one new TBLeauge body have come in recently, I have not posted much lately owing to time considerations. I will try to make up for some of this now with some images of some of what I've been working on lately.

1. Erika von Stroheim, (continued)

My Current Projects:  49507162846_c51c25fd42_c20200208_0073 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

I've more or less completed Erika's uniform, and to my surprise, added the Nazi insignia which i had earlier resisted adding to her uniform.  It does on the one hand make her look more sinister, but on the other, I recently acquired a DVD of the Japanese Animé series "Girls Und Panzer," which is all about Japanese high school girls fighting very violent yest amazingly non-lethal battles with WWII era tanks.  (Yeah, I know...kind of weird, but I love it.) One of the secondary characters, as history buff nicknamed "Eruwin" by her classmates,  (as close as the Japanese can come to "Erwin," dresses like Rommel with pretty much the same Afrika Korps uniform as Erika wears.  Another team, the Kuromorumine Girls Academy, wears stylized German panzer wrap uniforms with miniskirts and drive German tanks; Tigers, King Tigers, Panthers, etc.  They aren't villains or anything...there are no politics, it's all about style, and so if it works in animé, maybe it will work for me. After all...I have so many Japanese characters in my collection to begin with. ..

https://gup.fandom.com/wiki/Erwin

https://gup.fandom.com/wiki/Kuromorimine_Girls_Academy

My Current Projects:  49506656338_a2f0d9caf4_c20200208_0076 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

My Current Projects:  49507162706_9f5a44e22b_c20200208_0077 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

My Current Projects:  49507381072_560cd5111b_c20200208_0080 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Oil is king, or perhaps more correctly "queen" in my post apocalyptic world and those who who control it's extraction, refinement and distribution are important parts of my little alternate reality. In mine, the three are controlled by different groups.  "Oil Squatters" essentially heavily armed individuals with a knowledge of how to keep the oil pumps running control the actual wells, though their are many groups and factions, some controlling only three or four wells, others controlling a dozen or more.

My Current Projects:  49507162541_3b35f792b8_c20200208_0084 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Crude oil is then shipped to the Navajo refinery under heavy guard where it is refined. The refinery is completely in the hands of the New Mexico State government and is protected by a heavy contingent of the New Mexico National Guard.

Finally gas and diesel fuel are distributed to state auxiliaries like the Pin-Up Patrol or sold to gas stations in fortified hamlets along the major highways.

Our character represents a gas station attendant/ security guard of this era.

My Current Projects:  49507381392_051d09d9fd_c20200208_0086 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

My Current Projects:  49507381327_afce47edbb_c20200208_0088 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

My Current Projects:  49506655813_f05d3402fb_c20200208_0092 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr

Well, that's all for now. I apologize for the really boring backgrounds, but I haven't had the opportunity to build any real sets yet, and it will be a few months before I can shoot outdoors again as we are in the dead of the Canadian winter just now. As always, comments, questions, suggestions and critiques are welcome and appreciated.

2My Current Projects:  Empty Re: My Current Projects: Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:27 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I like the 2nd girl. I think the head sculpt on the first — I don’t know, it’s hard to explain — I think something is off about her. She doesn’t seem quite stern enough...? Like I said, hard to explain. She just seems to be missing something. I don’t mind the German insignia, it works especially well with that Afrika Corp uniform, as it should.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My Current Projects:  C8485110

3My Current Projects:  Empty Re: My Current Projects: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:30 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Even though I also find the second character more striking, I think they both work very well for what they are intended to be. And I see you are expanding your world-building, which is great.

4My Current Projects:  Empty Re: My Current Projects: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:50 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
For what it's worth, I think the outfit on your first figure is the most striking of the two! And I've got no issue with the headsculpt. The only area of improvement on that score would be that in one of the pics I think the neck seam is showing a bit, which is perhaps distracting from the overall aesthetic. But the figure itself works for me. Well, both of them work for what they are, and their respective roles within your 'verse. Looking forward to more pics. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

5My Current Projects:  Empty Re: My Current Projects: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:58 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
skywalkersaga wrote:For what it's worth, I think the outfit on your first figure is the most striking of the two! And I've got no issue with the headsculpt. The only area of improvement on that score would be that in one of the pics I think the neck seam is showing a bit, which is perhaps distracting from the overall aesthetic. But the figure itself works for me. Well, both of them work for what they are, and their respective roles within your 'verse. Looking forward to more pics. Smile

Thanks for the feedback. There would me no neck seams showing if I hadn't messed with the hair then had to cut it because I messed it up. As for the face, I thin, there is a certain Aryan coldness about it, which is apropos. I personally like the stylized Afrika Korps uniform myself as it has a certain distinct and authoritative look to it.

6My Current Projects:  Empty Re: My Current Projects: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:07 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ah, yeah, 1/6 scale hair is my nemesis, so I feel your pain on that one!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

7My Current Projects:  Empty Re: My Current Projects: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:58 pm

Ovy

Ovy
To hide the seam between neck and  head I think  some kind of scarf /shemagh would look cool for Erika, could also be used as face cover.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum