OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 19]

FreakinLobster

I'm also having this same problem with KGH. They sent an invoice to me a few weeks ago, with a shipping method (DHL) that's working for my country, but still didn't ship it. I don't know if they're understaffed or what's going on.

jaztermareal

FreakinLobster wrote:I'm also having this same problem with KGH. They sent an invoice to me a few weeks ago, with a shipping method (DHL) that's working for my country, but still didn't ship it. I don't know if they're understaffed or what's going on.

wonder if they selling items then once sold actually going out to source them.... or maybe not. I dunno. I am concerned since the first signs of a dying retailer are usually things being late to post, followed by poor communication, then it leads to dodgy tracking numbers and no communication at all until suddenly folk start complaining that items were never sent and boom. announcement that company is gone. I hope it isn't that since I always liked KGH and they have good prices. I am concerned about the couple pre-orders I have with them though.

Eekumbokum

I ordered from KGHobby and have a shipment on the way. There was about a week delay before they even posted it, but they were very communicative and I felt informed. Now I'm just waiting for it to arrive in Canada from Hong Kong. Hopefully, with covid locking stuff down here I really hope I'm not left waiting longer than normal.

Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc) - Page 10 Wdaw1210

Valiarde

I have to say everything still going well for me as ever. Ordered many small parts last few weeks on ebay and everything arrived 9-15 days later.
Also preordered at kghobby early december and just got a shipping notice just two days after the figure got released.

Good news all around.

Oh and I also ordered some stuff via AliExpress and was surprised it all arrived (some took a month, but no problem)

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
I must admit I'm not very patient, well mostly because It's been 16 days without an update via the tracking tool. For anybody who has ordered from KGHobby before, how long does shipping usually take? I'm at the 2-week mark and I hear it's usually 2-3 weeks. Is that counted as normal days or business days? I just wish I had some kind of reference so I could not drive myself mad randomly checking my front door.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
16 days... or 1/6 days... Wink

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc) - Page 10 C8485110

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
Stryker2011 wrote:16 days... or 1/6 days... Wink

Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc) - Page 10 5b58x910

Still waiting....

davidd

davidd
Stryker2011 wrote:16 days... or 1/6 days... Wink

Sixteen days would be, like, ninety-six days in 1:1 scale, right?

That's certainly what it feels like, anyway! Wink

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
I'm getting stuff pretty fast now from Monkey Depot; 2-3 weeks as opposed to more than two months between Nov. & January.

Giantoy...about 3-4 weeks. Mostly because it seems to take Canada Post a week to move something from Vancouver to Mississauga, then another week or more to get it from Mississauga to Montreal.

Ebay stuff from China....about 4 weeks, give or take.

Annalise

Annalise
My last order from Giantoy on 6 March made it through US customs by the 17th and has now been languishing in a processing center 100 miles from my house for a month. By the time it gets declared lost, the figure will be sold out everywhere and I won't be able to get one at regular price. Very frustrating. The first time for me that Giantoy orders have taken longer than 3 weeks to arrive.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Another positive message: I preordered a figure on 11th of december at KGHobby - got a tracking code last friday and 6 days later in the morning I have the figure in my hands! That was unreal fast.

HK Speedpost.

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
Looks like my package arrived in Canada and has already been processed and ready to be shipped to my door. Says about 1-3 days left. The order had a week delay before shipping from Hong Kong on March 30th. Approximately a month in total for me.

thegreatshaggy

thegreatshaggy
Suchsneak wrote:Looks like my package arrived in Canada and has already been processed and ready to be shipped to my door. Says about 1-3 days left. The order had a week delay before shipping from Hong Kong on March 30th. Approximately a month in total for me.

Still waiting on mine from HK Post. Been sitting there for two and half weeks.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
For UK readers, something appears to be going on (or rather, not going on) at Royal Mail's South West Distribution Centre (not the notorious 'Atherstone Post Office', fortunately).

Two items from separate Chinese sellers have now been sitting there immobile for nearly a week, and to top that a package from GianToy has now been sat there for three days and counting when they usually pass through in a matter of hours...

Annalise

Annalise
Another fortnight has past with no movement. Next week will be 60 days since the shipped date. I'm anxiously waiting to see if the order I placed last week makes it past the postal hub that this order is stuck at.

Eekumbokum

Eekumbokum
Annalise wrote:Another fortnight has past with no movement. Next week will be 60 days since the shipped date. I'm anxiously waiting to see if the order I placed last week makes it past the postal hub that this order is stuck at.

My sincerest condolences... ( -_-)

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
My latest pre-order from KGH was handed to DHL in april 14th, but it's still stuck in Hong Kong for some reason. Crying or Very sad

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Whatever was holding up distribution at Royal Mail's UK South West Distribution Centre seems to have cleared, now - all the packages from different sellers that had been held up there for a week (including a GianToy package) all started moving overnight and all arrived together at my door today.

*raised eyebrow emoji*

Skippy

Giantoy's shipping is fast!

I hadn't bought from them since the Alert Line hyenas back in mid-2019. When I saw they still had the EKUAZ RE2 Grim Reaper up for pre-order on 3rd May I bought him.

Stock must've come in quickly, and by 6th May he was received into the postal system. The email said it was Royal Mail Expedited, but tracking directed to UBI Smart Parcel, who I've never heard of.

This morning the tracking shows that the parcel arrived at London Heathrow, so that's a Fed-Ex type service included in the item cost. Now waiting for it to enter the Royal Mail system.

Skippy

GeeWillikers wrote:GianToy are very reliable - items usually reach me in a week or less, but the process is shrouded in mystery. Smile

They claim to have 'an agreement' with Royal Mail to expedite shipping, but even though tracking always follows a route through China to the UK, the parcels I receive always have a UK return address...

I wonder what this is?

They said my current item from them is 'Royal Mail Expedited'. The tracking number has a GB suffix which indicates the origin is the UK, whereas it's clearly Shenzen in China and handled by UBI Smart Parcel.

The UK return address makes it even more intriguing.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Asta wrote:I wonder what this is?

They said my current item from them is 'Royal Mail Expedited'. The tracking number has a GB suffix which indicates the origin is the UK, whereas it's clearly Shenzen in China and handled by UBI Smart Parcel.

The UK return address makes it even more intriguing.

It seems to me that they often work through re-distribution centers in certain ports or airports in the receiving country (in my case, in the US, in California or Massachusetts), and so the final shipment to you as the recipient is labeled as coming from those re-distribution centers. I guess our orders come as part of much larger shipments from various sources in China, with instructions for the re-distribution center to send them on to their final destination.

Skippy

GubernatorFan wrote:It seems to me that they often work through re-distribution centers in certain ports or airports in the receiving country (in my case, in the US, in California or Massachusetts), and so the final shipment to you as the recipient is labeled as coming from those re-distribution centers. I guess our orders come as part of much larger shipments from various sources in China, with instructions for the re-distribution center to send them on to their final destination.

That would explain it.

I've ordered stands and sculpts from eBay sellers in China in the past, and the parcels are marked as having originated in Germany, with no reference to China at all.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Everything I'm getting from China via Canada Post has a return address of Mississauga Ontario....

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
All my experiences with GianToy have been extremely positive too. Their shipping method is free, pretty fast (even for my country, where almost all international parcels take ages to arrive) and has never been stopped by customs. They also ship the orders quickly, almost as soon as the payment is confirmed. They're currently my favorite store.

Skippy

FreakinLobster wrote:All my experiences with GianToy have been extremely positive too. Their shipping method is free, pretty fast (even for my country, where almost all international parcels take ages to arrive) and has never been stopped by customs. They also ship the orders quickly, almost as soon as the payment is confirmed. They're currently my favorite store.

The store I have most trust in is been OneSixthKit. I started to use Kit more after KG Hobby began racking up errors, and with Kit you know exactly what you'll be charged as shipping is included in the price and not just an estimate at checkout.

To be fair to KGH they've become more reliable as later pre-orders came into stock.

GianToy is looking like a very good alternative, and they do stock things that Kit doesn't.

GeeWillikers wrote:Royal Mail's South West Distribution Centre

This is another oddity with the GianToy delivery. It's very rare for me that a parcel doesn't go straight to Langley after arrival. This one was accepted by the South West DC. I can't remember where there go after that, as all my Langley ones go to Birmingham.

Delivery during the pandemic has been a mixed bag.

My latest order from OSK took 30 days - he's begun using China Post epacket, which means he has to get the parcels to another town.

Prior to that both OSK and KGH sent me heavier items using Vantage EMS, which took 8 and 9 days respectively.

Before that it was a succession of regular airmail by Hong Kong Post that took 67, 6, 5, 19 and 32 days.

The 67 day one had me worried after the two really fast ones, but Kit said there was a case of UK bound parcels having sat in Dubai for two months awaiting flights.

venator5

venator5
I am so far only ordered from ebay.

The shipping time varies based upon carrier.

I had for example a chair ordered in March 07 and only get it May 10.

On the other hand the used full set of figure being ordered in Apr 28 is held by customs in May 08

Currently I have 5 1/6 related packages in progress. 3 of them is belonging to the suspicious gang 1 of the is going for refund to other are under solving with the seller.

I mentioned the used one above, And I have one ordered May 10. (STOCK it was in STOCK!) I will keep you informed regarding her! (update it was shipped on may 11)

Skippy

The GianToy packaged just arrived, making it 7 days in total.

There were no customs charges, even though they didn't mark the label as 'Gift', but 'Other'. With the current rules anything that isn't a gift under a certain value is liable for tax, so I don't know what's going on there.

Royal Mail's label says 'Tracked 48', but they actually did it as a 24.

Also on that label, under Special Instructions, it reads: 'Giantoy Company', which is another red flag that this was a commercial parcel requiring VAT payment.

Above that there is a 'Return To' section, which is a UK PO Box in Reading.

It's like customs are somehow fooled by the GB suffix tracking number, though I can't believe that.

While it seems like GianToy parcels usually arrive with customers without charges, it feels a bit chancy.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I was under the impression that GianToy had some kind of 'special arrangement' when it came to shipping, but maybe I'm wrong....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Skippy

skywalkersaga wrote:I was under the impression that GianToy had some kind of 'special arrangement' when it came to shipping, but maybe I'm wrong....

I thought I read something on their site the other day that mentioned that, but now I can't find it.

There was a statement that you have to pay extra for Expedited shipping (which I didn't), and that they won't use it if your country is liable to charge tax due to the local the requirements pertaining to  expedited deliveries, e.g. Germany.

They go on to explain that they won't use Expedited if it doesn't have huge advantages over the speed of free shipping, e.g. U.K., Australia, etc.

The more I read the more I get confused...because they said they sent mine by Expedited, and didn't charge anything.  Question

Unless they consider the 'free' method to the UK to be the equivalent of 'expedited'.  Question  

I can't imagine there's any way they could get around customs, as the goods are clearly arriving from abroad and would have to pass checks before being released back into the wild.

Whatever it is, Giantoy clearly consider their customers and do their best to make things go as cheaply and smoothly as possible. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum