OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 19]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:
shazzdan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:The US to UK shipping costs are indeed the worst. And then you get hit with the customs charges on top of it.... ugh. There’s currently something that costs about 35 gbp that I was eyeing up, but with shipping and customs the total would have been three times that! No

Find someone in the US to buy it for you and send it as a gift without the invoice.

That is indeed probably the only way it would work. In normal circumstances, I wouldn't mind asking a friend or family member to do that, but right now I wouldn't ask anyone to take the risk of an unnecessary trip to the post office. If it's still available if/when things are less worrisome, then maybe... : )

All of the Post Offices here in the States are up and running, and aside from the major metropolitan areas (where the majority of the virus issues are centered), people in more rural areas are doing the social distancing thing, and that seems to be working — so very few people are afraid to still do things like go to the PO (at least in my county, and the surrounding ones).

skywalkersaga

Oh ok, good to know! : )

GeeWillikers

NEXT EXCITING INSTALMENT!

According to Royal Mail tracking my package from GianToy has now reached a Royal Mail (RM) distribution centre in the UK, meaning that hopefully I should get it in a day or two at most now. So that's around four-five days (including weekends) longer than usual, which isn't bad at all, considering the current situation. Of course I imagine this relatively quick turnaround is largely due to GT's arrangement with RM - everything else I have on order is taking weeks (and weeks) to arrive here.

Although interestingly, the GT package hasn't taken the usual route that GT orders do and is at a different RM regional distribution centre (RDC) than before, halfway across the country. Which suggests the package may have arrived via a different airport than usual and/or that RM's RDCs are operating a reduced service.

Just to remind readers, it's a headsculpt I'm waiting on, so it's a medium-small package. In these 'interesting times' anything larger may take longer (even though that hasn't been my experience with GT in the past).

I'll update when it finally arrives on my doormat.

GeeWillikers

So my headsculpt from GianToy is now here - all in, that's taken from Friday 17th to today Tuesday 28th. Four to five days longer than usual from Giantoy, but still a lot quicker than other Asian-based sellers at the moment. Remember though that this is to the UK where GT have a 'special shipping arrangement' with Royal Mail, so this kind of delivery speed might not apply everywhere.

The sculpt I got is really interesting, by the way - the YMTOYS 'Anna' sculpt, which turns out to be smaller than average and very pale (certainly not suntan as GianToy advertise, not even nearly). I was disappointed initially as I had it earmarked for a particular project with a body it turns out to be too small and pale for, but! I'm going to try it on an S24 body later as it looks like (drum roll....) it might be a good fit for it.

I'll dig out the head sculpt's relevant thread and report later.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Valiarde wrote:Ebay I had no problems at all last two month, but all my stuff from different asian shops still not here despite some mails that it is underway. I guess lots of stuff held back at customs or interim storage somewhere. Smile

I'm still waiting on no less than 7 orders from Monkey Depot, the oldest of which dates to Mar 24. Normally, it takes about 2 weeks from Mesa Az to Montreal, but lately...a complete disaster. What I'm hoping now is that when my orders start to arrive, several will be delivered at once.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Today I finally received the first of seven parts orders placed with Monkey Depot since March 21st.  I of course do not blame Monkey Depot for this but the Covid 19 situation.  

What I am wondering now is will the other orders start arriving at something resembling the intervals in which I placed them?  If so, I should be getting another order next week.  If not....who knows?  

About a third of the items I ordered were to accessorize my Laura Neville survivor figure, another third to be split up among the six other figures I have so far, and a final third to be used on a future figure, which brings me to a point.  Has anyone ordered from Giantoy lately and gotten their stuff quickly?  I'm kind of curious.

Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc) - Page 4 49783128722_775ff1bc26_cSB32-2_0003 by Gary  Menten, on Flickr
Laura in need of accessories.....

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My more recent experiences with deliveries has been sour, not because of delays (though they do happen) but due to missing/damaged parcels.

First off I had ordered a small cheap item from Amazon that stated delivered on the tracking but nothing had been. I contacted Amazon and they sent a replacement which did arrive, but it had a 3 inch hole poked into the brown box (it looked like two thumbs had pushed a hole in, the creases etc matched up when testing it myself on a junk box) so I can only assume that the delivery driver had nicked the first parcel but found it contained cheap item so he checked the next one by making a hole in the box to check contents, saw it wasn't worth nicking so delivered it. Iknow it was done before it left the van as I opened the door to pick up the parcel right after he put it down.

Next and worse was a pre-ordered HT punisher War Machine ordered from KGHobby which was delayed a little (dont mind that) and once shipped I tracked it and saw that it was out for delivery on the 26th May with deliery time of 2pm. I waited around the entire day but the tracking status remained the same until midnight where it reverted to the previous 'destination scan' status with no estimated delivery date. I called UPS and the agent didnt believe it was ever out for delivery (he implied I misread the tracking status because all he could see was destination scan). I insisted that the tracking had indeed said it was out for delivery the enire day on the 26th.

A day or so later I got a response via email from another agent who stated that the parcel was indeed missing and they advised that I should file a claim. I contacted KGHobby for the shipper contact information needed to fill the claim form which they provided and I proceeded to fill in the claim form and when complete clicked submit only to be greeted by an error page. I tried again, re-entered all the info and clicked submit only to be greeted by the same error. I tried again multiple times over a couple days with the same error page.

I contacted UPS to inform them that the site was broken so I could not file a claim. their response was to ask the sender to file the claim (I did ask KGHobby to try filing the claim their side but no confirmation yet it was done). I replied with an almost angry email asking why UPS couldn't either fix the site bug or give me another way to submit the claim since they lost (more likely their new hire driver stole) the parcel and it was their site error preventing me even making a claim. All they did was reply with contact number for their technical team (they can't be arsed to let their tech team know about the issue then, they expect the customer they have been messing around to waste time and money calling their tech team to sort out their issue).

So, I am currently without the figure, without any replacement/refund and waiting in some sort of limbo for either the site bug to be fixed to file a claim or wait on the sender to file it.

I know I know, first world problems.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
jaztermareal wrote:SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My more recent experiences with deliveries has been sour, not because of delays (though they do happen) but due to missing/damaged parcels.

First off I had ordered a small cheap item from Amazon that stated delivered on the tracking but nothing had been. I contacted Amazon and they sent a replacement which did arrive, but it had a 3 inch hole poked into the brown box (it looked like two thumbs had pushed a hole in, the creases etc matched up when testing it myself on a junk box) so I can only assume that the delivery driver had nicked the first parcel but found it contained cheap item so he checked the next one by making a hole in the box to check contents, saw it wasn't worth nicking so delivered it. Iknow it was done before it left the van as I opened the door to pick up the parcel right after he put it down.

Next and worse was a pre-ordered HT punisher War Machine ordered from KGHobby which was delayed a little (dont mind that) and once shipped I tracked it and saw that it was out for delivery on the 26th May with deliery time of 2pm. I waited around the entire day but the tracking status remained the same until midnight where it reverted to the previous 'destination scan' status with no estimated delivery date. I called UPS and the agent didnt believe it was ever out for delivery (he implied I misread the tracking status because all he could see was destination scan). I insisted that the tracking had indeed said it was out for delivery the enire day on the 26th.

A day or so later I got a response via email from another agent who stated that the parcel was indeed missing and they advised that I should file a claim. I contacted KGHobby for the shipper contact information needed to fill the claim form which they provided and I proceeded to fill in the claim form and when complete clicked submit only to be greeted by an error page. I tried again, re-entered all the info and clicked submit only to be greeted by the same error. I tried again multiple times over a couple days with the same error page.

That pretty much sucks.....

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That does indeed really suck, jaz. I've had issues in the past with parcel deliveries (UPS specifically -- they're customer service at times is absolute $#%t. Took me about 2 months to get an issue sorted out (out of which I only received a refund, as by that time the POd item was out of stock everywhere -- and I wasn't going to pay eBay "Bend over and take it Dry Style" prices. I hope it gets resolved for you, Brother.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc) - Page 4 C8485110

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:That does indeed really suck, jaz. I've had issues in the past with parcel deliveries (UPS specifically -- they're customer service at times is absolute $#%t. Took me about 2 months to get an issue sorted out (out of which I only received a refund, as by that time the POd item was out of stock everywhere -- and I wasn't going to pay eBay "Bend over and take it Dry Style" prices.  I hope it gets resolved for you, Brother.

My aunt once sent me a computer by UPS. They dropped the box so hard that the processor came out of it's socket and several pins were bent. Fortunately i was able to straighten them out and put them back in and it worked after that, but I've always been wary of them ever since. At my office, we are very wary about using them owing to the number of problems we've had shipping with them.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
UPDATE: over a month since my Punisher War Machine figure was lost/stolen by UPS I am still out of pocket. After a lot of back and fourth with UPS trying to file a claim as I went into in my earlier post, I contacted the technical team they gave the number for and they bounced me back to CS as they said it was something a CS manager would need to do manually. I contacted CS again and finally was given the explanation that the reason the site wouldn't allow me to file a claim was due to me having the 'wrong account type' (business account) and that if you do not have the correct kind of account you cannot file a claim. They said they could manually open a claim for me as receiver but if they did so and could not locate the parcel the case would be closed (READ: we will not compensate you) so the only way to get compensation for lost/stolen parcel would be for the sender to file a claim. I contacted KGhobby severy times via email and FB message and still cant get any confirmation they even started a claim, let alone any indication they will refund/replace. I just sent another email to them politely demanding some sort of confirmation of what is happening as it has been over a month and I have done everything I can but I get the feeling KGhobby are just avoiding any responsibility.

Meantime, I ordered a couple Items from TNSfigures but they are not posting orders until things get back to normal with the shipping route with Hong Kong Post so we'll see how that goes.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Oh man, that does suck. I do remember that the seller is the one who had to file the claim in my situation, as well. I hope KGH steps up, or I’ll be removing them from the list of responsible sellers. It seems to be happening more and more lately with some of these retailers — not sure if it’s because of HK issues with the Mainland, or what, but it’s not looking good for the future of ordering from many places in that part of Asia.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Stryker2011 wrote:Oh man, that does suck. I do remember that the seller is the one who had to file the claim in my situation, as well. I hope KGH steps up, or I’ll be removing them from the list of responsible sellers. It seems to be happening more and more lately with some of these retailers — not sure if it’s because of HK issues with the Mainland, or what, but it’s not looking good for the future of ordering from many places in that part of Asia.

My last email must have done something because today they replied with request to confirm address for figure to be posted to me (I assume a replacement, meaning they must have been compensated by UPS).

I will see if it arrives this time and update with confirmation when all is sorted. just annoyed it took this long but part of me wonders if maybe they had claimed the loss much earlier but waited until HK postal services to UK were back to normal before confirming. I noticed my order of a couple items from TNS has shipped today so standard post seems to be resuming

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
So, I've finally hit a snag with the current shipping situation in China. As some people might remember, I pre-ordered that 1/6 scale elevator diorama set from a reliable eBay seller over a year ago. Around January, I started seeing other sellers who were offering claiming they were in stock and shipping. So when I contacted the seller I bought from, they said they were still waiting for theirs, and kept putting me off. Finally, in May, they said that they simply can't ship to me right now, there isn't an available freight option, and they'll let me know when they can ship. Frustrated to say the least.

I am seeing still listed on AliExpress, and they seem to still be shipping to the US (for for like $100 less than I paid too). So, I would love to know the thoughts from the crew here. Should I ride it out, or insist on my money back? Can I even get my money back after over a year waiting? Should I order from AliExpress? For $100 cheaper, I do worry that it's some sort of cheap knockoff, but I may just be paranoid. Even after all this, I don't think the original seller is scamming or anything. They're a reliable seller with a great rating who has been active for years, and who I've ordered from before. And I actually ordered some 1/6 shopping carts from another seller who immediately refunded me and said they just can't get to the USA right now, so I know it's a legitimate issue. But man, after waiting over a year, I just want this elevator, and would really like to not be out $470.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Adam, I would cancel with eBay and see if you can’t get your money back, and then try Aliexpress (as long as the seller seems reputable; can you use PayPal for that cheaper one as well?)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Just as Stryker said. I'd add that IF it is a "cheap-er" knockoff after all, I am certain you, Rev, certainly have the ability to spruce it up into something better than the original.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I’d go for AliExpress, simply as you would be able to get your money back pretty easily on their if it turned out to be shoddy quality. But just make sure to message the seller about a) whether it is truly in stock or not, and b) whether they’d be able to ship it in timely fashion, just to make sure you don’t run into the same problem.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
just to add: if you paid via card you may be able to do a chargeback if needed. if the money was from paypal balance probably not an option this late

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Thanks all for the advice on this! I'm going to contact the original seller today and hope for the best. I'm really hoping they'll just refund without making an issue out of it, since it's been over a year, and they just can't send it. It seems a pretty fair ask.

Stryker, I don't think AliExpress will let me use Paypal, but I've ordered through them before, so they already have my credit card, and I feel like they're reasonably reputable anyway.

GubernatorFan, I so appreciate the vote of confidence, but man, I want this to come out of the box photo ready. This is suposed to save me some work, not add another project. My bigger fear is it'll come and be like 1/12 or something terrible, although the listing does list dimensions, and they match the original, so I'm just being nervous. And who am I kidding, it'll probably get modified eventually either way. Nothing is safe in this houses...

Skywalkersaga, that is a good point about messaging to confirm. I'll have to make sure.

Jaztermareal, yeah, it was unfortunately Paypal right from my bank account, so probably no dice there. But if I have to get ebay involved, I at least have a long record of correspondence with the seller full admitting it hasn't shipped, so I hope that holds some weight.

And seriously, appreciate you all chiming in on this. Man, I just so badly want to get this in hand. Been so excited since this got posted, and dying to photograph.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
^
Maybe a bit late to this, but in my experience on AliExpress it varies from seller to seller if they accept PayPal or not, and you often don't find out until you get to the Checkout. If things do go wrong, they're reliable enough in getting your refund to you in the end, but I can testify that the customer service interface and language barrier make it a very real, very frustrating slog to get one authorised. Be prepared to continually explain the problem in tedious and finite detail anything up to a dozen times during this initial process.

ELSEWISE:

Seems churlish of me to moan in these 'extraordinary times' but the UK postal system is running in fits and starts here (y'know, like the rest of society because... y'know). Good thing I work from home, as mail can and does arrive at any time of day (or not at all) now.

Long waits aside, my first real shipping disaster of the crisis has just occurred. I just got a package of 1/6th clothing from China 'finally delivered' to me... in Amsterdam. I, however, am in the UK. Neutral  It's not the usual ebay tracking scam because I've dealt with the seller before with no problems. It's a shipping foul-up, purely because they've used a different and less reliable carrier than usual. The seller however could of course care less until the shipping window closes at the end of next month and I can get my refund.

I was also wondering where my most recent Monkey Depot delivery had gotten to, until I remembered the current Covid-19 Reality Check situation that seems to be only just kicking in now in the States, and the likely knock-on effects to the Postal Service. Neutral

DISCLAIMER: I do realise that not every US citizen was in need of a Covid Reality Check. Just the one in charge of running stuff, mostly.

SPOOKY EPILOGUE:

I just now, right this five minutes ago, received a package of stuff from China that I'd long written-off, and even gotten a refund for.

Ordered it back in February. silent

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Sooooooo my replacement Punisher War Machine from KGHobby arrived today. They came through in the end and it arrived quite fast via EMS shipping. Moral of the story: Do not trust UPS to deliver anything or to help out when things go wrong.

Relieved to finally have Punisher on display 1.5 months after original scheduled arrival day.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
jaztermareal wrote:Sooooooo my replacement Punisher War Machine from KGHobby arrived today. They came through in the end and it arrived quite fast via EMS shipping. Moral of the story: Do not trust UPS to deliver anything or to help out when things go wrong.

Relieved to finally have Punisher on display 1.5 months after original scheduled arrival day.

UPS suck unmentionable body parts - they never deliver on time, their drivers are the surliest a-holes I've ever encountered (when that is they can be bothered to even knock on your door at all instead of just leaving a 'sorry we missed you' card), and their idea of 'a nearby pick-up point' is a post office associate fifteen miles away. I have never had a single pleasing encounter with them - so much so that I now take the trouble to find out if a seller uses them as a carrier before buying from them.

Glad to hear you finally got your Punisher. Smile

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
GeeWillikers wrote:
jaztermareal wrote:Sooooooo my replacement Punisher War Machine from KGHobby arrived today. They came through in the end and it arrived quite fast via EMS shipping. Moral of the story: Do not trust UPS to deliver anything or to help out when things go wrong.

UPS suck unmentionable body parts - they never deliver on time, their drivers are the surliest a-holes I've ever encountered (when that is they can be bothered to even knock on your door at all instead of just leaving a 'sorry we missed you' card), and their idea of 'a nearby pick-up point' is a post office associate fifteen miles away. I have never had a single pleasing encounter with them - so much so that I now take the trouble to find out if a seller uses them as a carrier before buying from them.

Glad to hear you finally got your Punisher. Smile

I have long ago learned to despise UPS.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I actually have more problems with USPS than I have UPS. I’m currently waiting on an item from Amazon that should have been here Friday, and I’ve watched it make it to my town (after getting stuck in the Twin Cities where a-holes have destroyed 1,000 buildings — including the Main Post Office), and then go BACK to the Twin Cities — where it’s currently (supposedly) still at. Now I’m wondering if the item is on its way back to the shipper in New Jersey.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
GeeWillikers wrote:^
Seems churlish of me to moan in these 'extraordinary times' but the UK postal system is running in fits and starts here (y'know, like the rest of society because... y'know). Good thing I work from home, as mail can and does arrive at any time of day (or not at all) now.

Yeah, post has been very inconsistent lately but then again we haven't had all that great a service here for years now. at least stuff is moving for the most part.

GeeWillikers wrote:
Long waits aside, my first real shipping disaster of the crisis has just occurred. I just got a package of 1/6th clothing from China 'finally delivered' to me... in Amsterdam. I, however, am in the UK. Neutral  It's not the usual ebay tracking scam because I've dealt with the seller before with no problems. It's a shipping foul-up, purely because they've used a different and less reliable carrier than usual. The seller however could of course care less until the shipping window closes at the end of next month and I can get my refund.

Could two tracking numbers have gotten mixed up? or they copy/pasted the wrong one for you??

GeeWillikers wrote:
I was also wondering where my most recent Monkey Depot delivery had gotten to, until I remembered the current Covid-19 Reality Check situation that seems to be only just kicking in now in the States, and the likely knock-on effects to the Postal Service. Neutral

DISCLAIMER: I do realise that not every US citizen was in need of a Covid Reality Check. Just the one in charge of running stuff, mostly.

I feel like I am alone sometimes in taking Covid seriously. I was tracking it long before it left China due to in laws living there and read LOADS of info about the virus over the months and it does have me concerned. Don't get me wrong, it is a huge relief that the mortality rate is not as high as first feared but even if we were to assume that it is only as deadly as seasonal flu that is very bad because it is so virulent and can be caught the same time as flu making the combo more deadly than either alone plus it is the kind of virus that will mutate into many strains Sad
The combined deaths yearly for flu and SARS CoV-2 will be more than double... Covid has already killed about the same number of folk in half a year of spreading that Flu does annually, and that is with it not being endemic at the start and lockdowns/social distancing measures etc reducing the speed of spread...

So yeah, reality check needed for many folk who aren't taking it seriously, or worse yet, claiming it does exist. Just hope effective treatments and vaccines are developed soon though as I do want everything to go back to normal and the global economy cant last with repeated shutdowns and travel restrictions. I am hopeful though.

GeeWillikers wrote:
SPOOKY EPILOGUE:

I just now, right this five minutes ago, received a package of stuff from China that I'd long written-off, and even gotten a refund for.

Ordered it back in February. silent

It is actually nice when that happens as rare as it is. I am still daydreaming that one day my lost UPS parcel will magically arrive though I know it almost certainly won't given how it disappeared (obviously stolen).

GeeWillikers wrote:

Glad to hear you finally got your Punisher.

I am very wary of them now. previously my issues with them were to do with the 'sorry we missed cards' that they left WHILE I WAS IN WAITING which happened a few times but this was the first time they 'misplaced' my parcel and they basically refused to help because I wasn't the sender and I am willing to bet they don't treat the sender much better either

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
Stryker2011 wrote:I actually have more problems with USPS than I have UPS. I’m currently waiting on an item from Amazon that should have been here Friday, and I’ve watched it make it to my town (after getting stuck in the Twin Cities where a-holes have destroyed 1,000 buildings — including the Main Post Office), and then go BACK to the Twin Cities — where it’s currently (supposedly) still at. Now I’m wondering if the item is on its way back to the shipper in New Jersey.

watching vids online / news on tv I kept thinking that such things would happen with postal service there. whole situation in the US recently seems bonkers.

2020 has been a weird year

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
At least I received a full refund from Amazon (this morning) for the item that is now apparently lost by the USPS. What really pisses me off about the whole mailing issue is that it was sent through USPS, and made it all the way to my local PO, but was then sent back. I found that out when I called my local PO, which is 3 blocks away from my house, and was told it was too big to fit in any of their vehicles, so they sent it back — I’ve never heard anything so stupid in my life. How the hell did it get all the way from New Jersey, to Minnesota, to Wisconsin — all thru the USPS — but couldn’t make the last three blocks! I chewed that woman’s ass when she told me that, particularly since they could have put a slip in my mail box to ask me to come and get the item. This is what just makes me mental about government employees: lazy, stupid, and unable to think outside the box — but no way to fire these worthless idiots.

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Stryker2011 wrote:At least I received a full refund from Amazon (this morning) for the item that is now apparently lost by the USPS. What really pisses me off about the whole mailing issue is that it was sent through USPS, and made it all the way to my local PO, but was then sent back. I found that out when I called my local PO, which is 3 blocks away from my house, and was told it was too big to fit in any of their vehicles, so they sent it back — I’ve never heard anything so stupid in my life. How the hell did it get all the way from New Jersey, to Minnesota, to Wisconsin — all thru the USPS — but couldn’t make the last three blocks! I chewed that woman’s ass when she told me that, particularly since they could have put a slip in my mail box to ask me to come and get the item. This is what just makes me mental about government employees: lazy, stupid, and unable to think outside the box — but no way to fire these worthless idiots.

I've often felt the same way about postal employees here in Canada,

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
Just received an order today from zmonkey Depot that I ordered back on Apr 23, so about 10 weeks ago. I know....First World problems right?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum