OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 19]

skywalkersaga

Five days, GeeW! Dang! I was impressed by the fact that my latest parcel from the US had arrived in five days (and like you, it was five days total, including the weekend), but that’s crazy!

Shazzdan— hope your orders arrive soon! I still have some that have not arrived and was starting to lose hope of seeing them turn up at all.

Diana

FYI: Everything arrived yesterday, meaning within 3-4 weeks, which is my normal for Ebay purchases. I've edited the first post accordingly.

skywalkersaga

Good to know, Diana!

Ovy

skywalkersaga wrote:Ovy -- that sucks! I bet a lot of sellers are running out of tbleague stock right now. Is there a reason you don't buy directly from GianToy, though? They usually have the best prices... 

Zipkicker -- well that's certainly worrying! But at least they are offering a refund....
I preferred kghobby because of the prices, a s16 for example was 42€, on giantoy  it was 56$. With shipment costs and fees it was still less than giantoy, although I ordered my M33 at giantoy because it was out of stock on of when I needed it, too

Valiarde

Valiarde
You can also get fees at Giantoy right? I more often get fees from USA than Asia...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ovy -- admittedly I never checked the prices of tbleague bodies on kghobby, so I wasn't aware of that. I used to solely buy most 1/6 supply stuff off ebay, so a shop like GianToy seemed from my PoV to have great prices in comparison to the ebay sellers. But good to know that kg prices are good too. Though not sure if maybe customs issues due to importing into the UK might make it a lot higher...?

Speaking of, I just got my GianToy order, which I ordered only five days ago -- definitely record speed!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I like the prices listed on KGHobby, but shipping is brutal to the US — so it ultimately turns out to be better to use eBay or Giantoy (whose prices include free worldwide shipping), at least for me.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc) - Page 2 C8485110

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Well my Gal Gadot sculpt arrived from GianToy without a hitch this morning as tracking suggested. Smile

Full report soon in it's relevant thread.

zipkicker

GeeWillikers wrote:Well my Gal Gadot sculpt arrived from GianToy without a hitch this morning as tracking suggested.  Smile

Full report soon in it's relevant thread.

Looking forward to that - my MMS359 is getting here today, the MMS424 should be here tomorrow and I'll be looking at head sculpts very closely.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
It's nice when your stuff arrives on time, personally I'm not too bothered if stuff takes a while just so long as I know its on its way. Also I'm glad to know and see that some China based sellers are opening up again since that's where I get most of my stuff and wont be contacted by the seller cause they want more cash for shipping.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Current shipping status (Ebay, Giantoy, KGHobby, etc) - Page 2 1f60e

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
AerynDiana wrote:FYI: Everything arrived yesterday, meaning within 3-4 weeks, which is my normal for Ebay purchases. I've edited the first post accordingly.

Glad to hear — and that time frame sounds about right.

Diana

Diana
I use both Giantoy and KGHobby regularly.
I never have import duty problems with either.
Both have great service.
I pre-ordered one 1/12 TBL male body from each to compare and they arrived on the same day.

Pricing is usually just a few bucks apart on the bigger items.

Custom stuff like bodies and clothes I usually get from Giantoy.
Boxed sets I usually get from KGHHobby, as I find their tracking and order information to be more convenient.

Valiarde

Valiarde
I just bought my first body via Gianttoy yesterday. Thanks for the tip.
I ordered from kg like 1-2 weeks ago. Lets see when it arrives.
All my other stuff did arrive this week - so nothing was lost, nothing got delayed.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GianToy has stated that their shipping should be going back to normal now. Smile 

https://giantoy.com/blogs/news/service-recovered-we-are-shipping-as-usual-now

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
I once had an item from Germany go missing for three months. DHL was unable to provide status on the tracking number to myself or the seller. The seller issued a refund, over $300, and took the loss.
One day in the spring , out of the blue, the item showed up. No explanation, damage to the package or indication what had happened. Though I had long since re-spent the money, I did contact the seller and send payment as soon as I could.
Sometimes it’s just weird how long packages can take to move.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Pontiacivan wrote:I once had an item from Germany go missing for three months. DHL was unable to provide status on the tracking number to myself or the seller. The seller issued a refund, over $300, and took the loss.
One day in the spring , out of the blue, the item showed up. No explanation, damage to the package or indication what had happened. Though I had long since re-spent the money, I did contact the seller and send payment as soon as I could.
Sometimes it’s just weird how long packages can take to move.

I’ve had the same thing happen through eBay. Lost for months, etc. etc. Boom! There it is is. It was a seller I do quite a bit of business with, so I was able to get them the money — even though they had already sent a replacement. Luckily my items were small enough, that it wasn’t that tragic to pay for twice.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Got myself another package from GianToy in under a week - ordered last Friday evening, arrived in the UK by Wednesday morning. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Awesome! I'm waiting for something else from them myself and hopefully it, too, will arrive shortly. Smile

Sadly the Nancy in Hell sculpt seems to have succumbed to the plague. ;p I shall seek out a replacement, eventually....

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
A very odd thing happened this morning - got one of my regular packages from Monkey Depot, which usually find themselves routed through Europe before they reach me in the UK for some reason. This time though, for the first time ever, the package came via China.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Ebay I had no problems at all last two month, but all my stuff from different asian shops still not here despite some mails that it is underway. I guess lots of stuff held back at customs or interim storage somewhere. Smile

Diana

Diana
I ordered that head sculpt from OSK a week ago and got it today. Within a week. Wow.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
I'm seeing fewer and fewer listings from China on ebay now as stocks are running out before manufacturing resumes - most 1/6 figure listings on there are in Japan at the moment, and at double the cost. And with Coronavirus hitting the UK, the postal system here seems to be slowly grinding to a halt - deliveries including my latest GianToy package are taking longer than usual (although GT do seem to have new TBL stock in, which suggests the slowdown is at this end now, rather than China).  

It's going to be an 'interesting' couple of months.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I hate this situation so much, for everyone's sake. Just so stressful. :[

Currently, I'm mainly worried cause I have something I need to send internationally, and I'm vacillating over whether to rush to the post office first thing Monday just to get it sent out asap, or risk having to wait possibly a couple weeks to who knows how long to send it....

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
skywalkersaga wrote:I hate this situation so much, for everyone's sake. Just so stressful. :[

Currently, I'm mainly worried cause I have something I need to send internationally, and I'm vacillating over whether to rush to the post office first thing Monday just to get it sent out asap, or risk having to wait possibly a couple weeks to who knows how long to send it....

It's the panic-buying that's making everything so difficult at the moment. Neutral

As for sending stuff out, it's a real dilemma. Send it now, you risk it disappearing in a landslide of mail. Send it later, it could take forever to get where its going. I think we're going to be stuck with this situation for at least a couple of months, now.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeWillikers wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:I hate this situation so much, for everyone's sake. Just so stressful. :[

It's the panic-buying that's making everything so difficult at the moment. Neutral

As for sending stuff out, it's a real dilemma. Send it now, you risk it disappearing in a landslide of mail. Send it later, it could take forever to get where its going. I think we're going to be stuck with this situation for at least a couple of months, now.

Yeah, agreed. People acting like Crazies is not helping.

And argh, that's my concern as well. I feel like regardless, I'm screwed. I'm considering just taking the risk and sending it, but with as much of an expedited and tracked service as possible. Don't know how much of a difference that would make, though.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
skywalkersaga wrote:
GeeWillikers wrote:

Yeah, agreed. People acting like Crazies is not helping.

And argh, that's my concern as well. I feel like regardless, I'm screwed. I'm considering just taking the risk and sending it, but with as much of an expedited and tracked service as possible. Don't know how much of a difference that would make, though.

The solution I came up with cancelling all my items for sale on every platform until things are safe. I saw the UK prob from months away back when the outbreak was just in China so was well prepared for what I'd need to do but obviously for others it feels like out of the blue things are suddenly getting weird. Just take care whatever you do.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I saw it coming too and have stopped all my selling activity on eBay for a while now (especially internationally). But this particular parcel is a personal one, which is why I’m so keen to get it sent. I guess it’s probably not worth the health risk and/or risk of it getting lost though ... :/

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
skywalkersaga wrote:I saw it coming too and have stopped all my selling activity on eBay for a while now (especially internationally). But this particular parcel is a personal one, which is why I’m so keen to get it sent. I guess it’s probably not worth the health risk and/or risk of it getting lost though ... :/

What about getting the parcel collected by courier? you only have contact with one person then and can take precautions, plus such options usually come with tracking and insurance. maybe worth a try

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, I will look into that!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum