OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hot Toys - VGM - Spider-Man PS4 Custom by AFM

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
I thought I would have some fun with the latest Custom. I swapped out the body to get great articulation, then composited it with a background. I hope you like it.

Please enjoy.

Hot Toys - VGM - Spider-Man PS4 Custom by AFM Ps4-sp10

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a great shot and pose — so typical of SM (which kind of makes me wonder why he wasn’t a gymnast instead of a bookworm. The depth of field looks perfect.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Hot Toys - VGM - Spider-Man PS4 Custom by AFM C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, beautifully done.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That looks awesome! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Thanks Stryker2011, GubernatorFan, skywalkersaga. Can always count on you all for a kind word. SSF, and OSW, I got nothing at all.

Thanks again.

AFM

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aww, I’m sorry to hear that, though I feel like they don’t know what they are missing. I really love the background and composition on this one, it’s very striking! I’ve said it before, but you really do put the ‘action’ in action figures. :’)

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
skywalkersaga wrote:Aww, I’m sorry to hear that, though I feel like they don’t know what they are missing. I really love the background and composition on this one, it’s very striking! I’ve said it before, but you really do put the ‘action’ in action figures. :’)

You are very kind. As artists, we just want to share. Anyway the background is from Micheal Garmen Gallery
https://www.michaelgarman.com/magic-town/.   I met him when I visited his gallery and I told him I do Stop-Motion using 1:6 scale figure. He said his Magic town is in the same scale, I of course knew this as soon as I saw it. He said I could film there anytime I wanted. So I took to stills and use one today with Spidey.

Magic town in huge. It sill a very large room and the web site pictures just do not do it justice. Lord will i would purchase the whole town because it is just that impressive.Here's a few more shot of Magic Town.

Hot Toys - VGM - Spider-Man PS4 Custom by AFM Camera10

Hot Toys - VGM - Spider-Man PS4 Custom by AFM Camera11

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, that’s amazing !! I had not heard of that — thank you for sharing.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the link and the shots. A very cool diorama environment/model indeed, and on such an impressively large scale.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Holy cow! Thanks for the link. I remember seeing pictures of Magic Town before, but I had no idea the magnitude. Very cool. Now I want to take a road trip to Colorado Springs.

blackpool

blackpool
That's one beautiful shot AFM, it actually looks much better than all the shots i've seen taken with the "camera mode" of the said videogame for background!

The grain on the bricks, the detailing and shades of the building fronts, that really makes the difference, and the way spidey is slightly blurry in some parts really gives a strong dynamic feel like he's truly web slinging!

Awesome work!

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
My son did this one. Please enjoy.

Hot Toys - VGM - Spider-Man PS4 Custom by AFM 49565739836_81b251dfed_bPs4-Spider-Man-Swing by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Looks like your son is following in your footsteps. Well done, AFM Jr!

Ovy

Ovy
At least a character that can show off his shoe soles. Laughing

That magictown is a nice surprise, first thought it might have been a backdrop.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
An equally cool shot by your son. cheers

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Still having fun with shots. Please do not feel the need to comment. Just enjoy them.

Stryker2011 wrote:Holy cow! Thanks for the link. I remember seeing pictures of Magic Town before, but I had no idea the magnitude. Very cool. Now I want to take a road trip to Colorado Springs.

Stryker2011 if you ever make it to Colorado Springs, my family will take you to lunch after Magic Town.

Thanks
AFM

Hot Toys - VGM - Spider-Man PS4 Custom by AFM 49575323891_a17e27c76f_bPS4-Spider-Man-On-Wall by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
actionfiguremovies2 wrote:Still having fun with shots. Please do not feel the need to comment. Just enjoy them.

Stryker2011 wrote:Holy cow! Thanks for the link. I remember seeing pictures of Magic Town before, but I had no idea the magnitude. Very cool. Now I want to take a road trip to Colorado Springs.

Stryker2011 if you ever make it to Colorado Springs, my family will take you to lunch after Magic Town.

Thanks
AFM

Cool shot. (I commented anyway. Wink )

And thanks for the offer of lunch.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Those are some good photos, there's action and movement in them. Also Magic Town is amazing, I would totally visit it.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures!  Hot Toys - VGM - Spider-Man PS4 Custom by AFM 1f60e

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nicely done, AFM!

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Theboo-bomb wrote:Those are some good photos, there's action and movement in them. Also Magic Town is amazing, I would totally visit it.

When you get here my friend, lunch for you too.
GubernatorFan wrote:Very nicely done, AFM!

Thanks. Here's another.

Hot Toys - VGM - Spider-Man PS4 Custom by AFM 49576541092_83214259f6_bPS4-Spider-Man-On-Wall-2 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool angle. I wonder if the shadow shouldn’t be darker, as it looks like he’s floating away from the building.

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
Stryker2011 wrote:Cool angle. I wonder if the shadow shouldn’t be darker, as it looks like he’s floating away from the building.

Yeah I see it. I try to make them all winners....

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'm enjoying what you are doing with this one with all the cool angles and backgrounds, and I hope to see more like it! Smile

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
skywalkersaga wrote:I'm enjoying what you are doing with this one with all the cool angles and backgrounds, and I hope to see more like it! Smile

Thanks so much. I'll keep 'em comin.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The last photo is very cool and evocative, too. But I can't help but feel there's something that's throwing it off. Perhaps the shadow can be darker and come a little closer to where his feet are supposedly resting on the surface; perhaps it also needs a different angle, making it go a little under (camera left or rather down) from him. That is fixable (with a task light and/or photo editing program). The other little problem is probably that the background image you had is a little too grainy, making it look out of focus. That would be fine if Spidey were some distance in front of it (in fact, it has been recommended when trying to get the right feel and perspective to 2D backgrounds placed behind a figure), but when he's crawling right on the surface, it can be a minor issue.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum