OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child figures -> Mr Z body +3d printed heads

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

skywalkersaga

Ovy wrote:Mr Z made these alien mutant bideal animals using these children bodies: https://www.timewalkertoys.com/Dumpling-Pocket-Zootopia-Series-2-Mr-Z-1-6-Sca-p/mrz-pzcs005.htm

Ohhhh. I had completely forgotten about those. ;p

Ovy wrote:A child for the tiny pony is actually a good idea, good look.
What age range do you think could that body could be used? Thinking about 3 to 6, all genders.

Yeah, I'm actually excited to get that Mr.Z pony now. :'D

Re: age range -- I think your guess is good, but it depends on how the body looks next to the adult 1/6 bodies. I'm really bad at guessing, and couldn't tell for sure unless I saw a pic of it next to some adult figures.

Ovy

So I bought four Mr Z Child bodies from Giantoy, they arrived after one week. They are sold out at the moment.
https://giantoy.com/products/1-6-mr-z-child-jointed-figure-body

There aren't really children heads available separately, I once bought the 'monk head' on ebay which might be a customized copy of the Aikido kid. I made a silicone mold from it before I put brown hair on it.

Left: customized "Wolf Boy" figure, the first child figure I bought as it was affordable unlike these lakor babies.
Right: Mr Z child body with the customised "Monk head" and some place holder wrapping. Mr Zs are slightly taller and has bigger feet.
Look at the march 14 2020 post for more on monk and wolf.
Child figures -> Mr Z body +3d printed heads - Page 3 PSX-20210319-194405

They come with multiple spare hands and pegs etc. All very tight. Three bodies had very hard feet and hands that could only be attached with heating, another body had softer hands and feet
Child figures -> Mr Z body +3d printed heads - Page 3 PSX-20210319-194219

In preparation of the bodies I downloaded multiple 3d models of busts and statues depicting children from the Scantheworld project on Myminifactory. They 3d scan museum sculptures from around the world and make them available for free

I cut and scaled the models and added holes before printing.
I have 7 different sculpts now and one baby sculpt.
Some are better, some worse. They are all boys I think but should work for all genders.
Child figures -> Mr Z body +3d printed heads - Page 3 PSX-20210319-194054

Here with baby/small child sculpt on obitsu body. The weird pink one with the cap is one of the seven printed sculpts, but primed. The clothing is from the wolf boy set and fits the slightly larger Mr Z.
Child figures -> Mr Z body +3d printed heads - Page 3 PSX-20210319-194526

The bald one in the middle is a resin clone of the monk, but it had some bubbles and ears were damaged.
Child figures -> Mr Z body +3d printed heads - Page 3 PSX-20210319-194707

Child figures -> Mr Z body +3d printed heads - Page 3 PSX-20210319-194729

These are mostly first drafts of course, will update some time with size comparison to adults and painted heads etc.
Child figures -> Mr Z body +3d printed heads - Page 3 PSX-20210319-194804

Child figures -> Mr Z body +3d printed heads - Page 3 PSX-20210319-195022

skywalkersaga

LOL @ that last pic! Child figures -> Mr Z body +3d printed heads - Page 3 1f605

Thanks for the quick review and update. I only handled the Mr. Z body briefly myself, but I think it seems pretty good for what it is (a small, entirely plastic body). Seems to work well enough with several of your ancient kid sculpts...?

The baby on the Obitsu body is so cute!

Your customised 'monk head' girl on the Mr. Z body is just awesome, really like her. ^.^

Stryker2011

Founding Father
That is disturbing...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very cool! They are turning out great, and that monk's head is just perfect for your purposes. The one with the busted ear can be concealed under ample hair. Looking forward to seeing what you end up doing with these down the line.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Stryker2011 wrote:That is disturbing...

Child figures -> Mr Z body +3d printed heads - Page 3 1f476

Well, kids figures are a bit like those horror movies with puppets...some absolutely fear them and others like them Smile
I like the options and can't wait for more caesar kids. But I'm more interested in how they look painted in the end. But the printed options are nice, given there aren't that many heads to choose from right now.

Thanks for the pioneer work

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I think Ovy is going to make an army of babies lead by Baby Caesar and invade Britain.

Those are cool however, I don't really remember seeing kids in 1/6.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Child figures -> Mr Z body +3d printed heads - Page 3 1f60e

Tjolnir

Tjolnir
huh, now those seem to have thrown a tantrum until they were literally blue in the face Wink color me intrigued as to were this is going, but any diorama can profit from some demographic immersion.

personally i'd try for a fist of the north star bart and lynn if only the scale of the figures weren't so off the charts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum