OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) Empty Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:02 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
It is crazy to think one would create a Diorama for a game he never actually played...but here we are. Smile

Ever since I bought the VTS Bloodhunter Figure (not that long ago actually, it was in first week of January 2020) I liked it so much that I started researching about the games lore and art. And what I found really resonated with me - I liked the creepy artworks and worldbuilding, the gothic horror theme and style. So after some more research and looking the the gorgeous Prime 1 Statues out there I decided to make my own little base or diorama for that char and another char I currently have in pre order.

I know I wanted a few things from the game:

- Some old street lamps like the prime 1 Statue
- Some Gargoyle/Dragon statues
- old rusty fences
- a graveyard
- an old, dead tree of which there are several in the game
- sewers

All of this stuff turned out too large for my shelf so I made it into a modular diorama. I made several parts that could be taken apart from each other and still work on their own. I created a base for the stairs and street lamp, one base for the fence, one for the tree, one for the graveyard and one for the little bridge above the sewer canal and 2nd street lamp.

For taking pictures or enjoying the whole thing I can put all parts together on a big table. And later I can use just some parts for different figures on my shelf.  Surprised

The fitting of the parts is the only thing that need some more work, as you can see some gaps, but other than that I think it is more or less finished. I might expand the fences a bit more, maybe between the lamps...still undecided though

The Street lamps can be lit up with batteries and were build by a friend of mine i know from another board. He always does exceptional work. Thanks!  cheers

On to the pics:

Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) WllPHkFh

Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) OAqoeEFh
Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) GR9XMHMh

Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) XoWmjv7h

Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) 3zOJIsjh
Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) ZbUCMrrh

Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) NasOBsSh
n
Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) Qs5BZgqh

Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) 1oWmGTOh

Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) WRzUKV2h
Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) GIXiUt3h

Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) U6k6EqIh

Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) CaqMWgBh

Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) 4NDvWHHh
Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) D5I37FZh

Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) Ms0kRw0h

Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) 3jlXsarh
Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) G7cQ3wkh

Diana

Diana
Oh wow. That's incredible. Reminds me of those times when I'd made a tree for a warhammer friend. I never played myself, but making that tree was fun! And I had a lot of fun just planning to make terrain for my friends to play on. Never got round to any of it though.

So I appreciate the details! The greenery, the moss, the water, the rust, that tree, the lamp posts... so much to discover! You must have a lot of space to store and display that stuff!! The Bloodhunter blends in nicely!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I have to echo Diana’s praise. This is stunning. I don’t blame you for wanting to build around this character — he’s really cool looking; makes me wish I would have gotten him.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) C8485110

Ovy

Ovy
Great job, the use of all the different materials like moss, wood, grass and 'stone' make it really look very authentic.

Reminds me a bit of an old cemetery in Glasgow you have to climb up. It had a number of tall dark monoliths/obelisks too, making the silhouette look like the skyline of a death city.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, this is absolutely stunning! Gorgeous quality of craftsmanship, and also the photography! The gnarled tree is especially great touch, looks like something from a Tim Burton movie. I think you more than did justice to that really awesome figure. cheers

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Gorgeous work! I can't speak to the accuracy of the pieces as I'm not familiar with the game, but each and every part looks great and fits together beautifully in every way. I think there are practical advantages to making your dioramas modular -- not only so you'll have the ability to assemble and disassemble it as needed to conserve space, but because you can create different areas and corners with the same pieces as you choose. So, yet, another great thing about your work.

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
That is awesome, though I only played some of Bloodborne it had a really gorgeous gothic atmosphere and you captured that really well. I am also reminded of the graveyard scene from Beetlejuice but that's just the Burton fan in me. Very Happy

Delanie

Delanie
Very impressive Diorama.
Did you use mat grass or Static Grass for the ground cover?

I know what you mean by the size of the thing, I made a room dio to display my figures in before Christmas using foam board with a frame of strip wood the base and one wall being a full A1 sheet.

The problem I have is finding convincing scale building or architectural items like your lamp or gate posts

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I'm also curious what you used to do the grass and the moss -- they look so good! Someday I'd like to make a double base/stand for my two TWD figures, and have always wanted to include grass, but was not sure how to get such a nice effect....

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks guys much appreciated to get a few opinions in, as this is like my second or third real diorama and thus very interested if I'm on a good way.
I had some experimentations last year with two castle wall Dioramas and similar stuff that turned out okayish but not more. One base of my Elvish figure i liked and posted here, but that was really my first try.

GubernatorFan wrote:I think there are practical advantages to making your dioramas modular -- not only so you'll have the ability to assemble and disassemble it as needed to conserve space, but because you can create different areas and corners with the same pieces as you choose. So, yet, another great thing about your work.

Yeah I think the modular part is just super practical - I already have ideas to use that tree for an upcoming Diorama project. Being on a small plate on its own, makes it much easier to reuse.

AlKelAstra91 wrote:That is awesome, though I only played some of Bloodborne it had a really gorgeous gothic atmosphere and you captured that really well. I am also reminded of the graveyard scene from Beetlejuice but that's just the Burton fan in me. Very Happy

Thanks. I looked up that Burton scene you were talking about and totally see what you mean. Smile I have to admit I never saw many Burton movies so far.

Delanie wrote:Very impressive Diorama.
Did you use mat grass or Static Grass for the ground cover?

I know what you mean by the size of the thing, I made a room dio to display my figures in before Christmas using foam board with a frame of strip wood the base and one wall being a full A1 sheet.

The problem I have is finding convincing scale building or architectural items like your lamp or gate posts

A1 base is what I would call a typical size in 1/6 dio world if you want a proper room with more than one figure or options of moving figures around for different scenes...a bit of a downside to our favourite format! 1/12 would be so much easier for space reasons...well can't have it all.

As for finding convincing scale stuff...I had that problem, too. That is why I made the gate posts and tombstones by myself to a size I like and the lamp was created by a friend - I simply told him the dimension i was looking for.
I only wish I had used more clay on the tree trunk to make it even taller. It would be fine for 1/12 but is a tad small for 1/6.
I did use a grasmaster for the ground cover. It is easy to use really, as this was my first ever project with it and I had no problems with it at all (with some good tips from a friend via phone hah Smile )

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:I'm also curious what you used to do the grass and the moss -- they look so good! Someday I'd like to make a double base/stand for my two TWD figures, and have always wanted to include grass, but was not sure how to get such a nice effect....

Oh I forgot your post: I did use the grass master and different length of static grass for the ground and the moss. With a bit of wood glue and then apply the grass powder.
I would like to see a TWD base!

shazzdan

shazzdan
Looks great. I'd love to see some progress pics showing how it was put together.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
It's a great figure, never played Bloodborne but do know about it, your diorama is great and I love all the little details you've showed us.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) 1f60e

GregT

spectacular! I'll be coming back to this over and over in the weeks to come....
your technique is well beyond my pay-grade, but there's a lot to be learned here

Ephiane

Ephiane
Absolute fantastic Scene and atmosphere! The little " Modules " are very clever. All the details, like the faerie in the cage, the water... Great. Love the Lanterns with the light. I try to made pictures of a well with fog by using one of the little " Foggers ", but these work in water only. There are more options to made real smoke " Fog " for a atmospheric picture. Maybe that could be the cherry on your fantastic cake Wink

actionfiguremovies2

actionfiguremovies2
WOW! That is great looking. Love all the attention to detail. Nicely done.

AFM

17Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) Empty Re: Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:32 am

brassco

brassco
Taking diorama to a whole new level! But i guess this set will be taken apart soon, to make room for more.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks a lot for your kind comments guys and girls  Smile

Ephiane wrote:Absolute fantastic Scene and atmosphere! The little " Modules " are very clever. All the details, like the faerie in the cage, the water... Great. Love the Lanterns with the light. I try to made pictures of a well with fog by using one of the little " Foggers ", but these work in water only. There are more options to made real smoke " Fog " for a atmospheric picture. Maybe that could be the cherry on your fantastic cake Wink

You are right, a little bit fog could work wonders here. I have two Fog Aerosol cans at home which I could try for some more atmospheric pics. Definately try it out for some more scene shots.
Thanks for the idea!  cheers

19Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) Empty Re: Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:57 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Arguably nothing beats real effects but you could always use a translucent PNG of fog or smoke as an over-layer when you make your images. I did some of that here (also with water and flame), although I kept it fairly subtle:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t1854-new-superhero-revealed-fire-man-nsfw-updated-with-part-ii-july-2019

20Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) Empty Re: Bloodborne Diorama - The Hunter (pics!) Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:19 am

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
Congratulations on that fantastic dio, Valiarde! Looks just like a 1:1 movie set.
And your lighting and photography adds to the realism.

Spyder

Spyder
Wow that's some amazing work!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum